All That Remains Bk. 01 - "Awake"

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Heading toward us was a wall of debris, branches and rubbish that was pushed ahead of more water. The discovery was by now moving at 30 mph, any faster and we would flood the engine with water, but it was going to be close.

I managed to get to the junction and as I turned left there was a bang from the back of the car. We had made it.

I pulled up and looked over at Gemma.

"Fuck that was close!" I whispered.

"I thought we were going to die!" She replied her face was slick with tears.

We sat in silence for a while.

"I need a drink" I reached for the bag of flasks "I knew I should have packed the booze."

I looked at Gemma, she was white and shaking.

"Hey, we made it!" I reached over and put my hand on her knee. "Gemma, we're okay, we will get around this."

I poured two coffees and handed her a cup.

"Thank you" she took a sip "saving my life is becoming a habit for you."

"It's worth it." I leaned over and kissed her.

We finished our coffees and after checking the back of the car I studied the road atlas. I found a convoluted route that would keep us on high ground but would add hours to the journey.

It turned out to be the better way and although the roads were narrow we made good speed. We saw dead cattle in fields but here and there were sheep which would either run away from us or stand and stare.

Before long we were back on the main road and heading towards Silverstone race circuit.

"We will turn left up ahead and go through Buckingham." I told Gemma.

"Ok, can we stop for something to eat soon?"

I looked at my watch, it was 1.25 pm.

"Okay, lets get off this road and I'll stop."

5 minutes later I pulled over. I stopped the cars engine, paused for a few seconds then restarted it to make sure it was ok. Gemma had got the packed food out and we sat in the car eating. I had a view over the fields but on my side were hedges.

"Don't move too fast but someone is watching us." Gemma whispered.

I had the pistol in my hand and turned slowly remembering to flick the safety catch off. Standing by the hedge was a tall woman. As I looked at her she waved at us. I opened the car window.

"Hello." I said to her my eyes darting around looking for others.

"Hello, you have been sick yes?" she replied.

She had an eastern European accent.

"Yes I have. Better now."

"Good! Your girl, she been sick?" She asked.

She took a step towards the car.

"No she is immune." I said.

Gemma then said something to her.

She reacted as if she had found a long lost relative and there was suddenly a conversation between them that excluded me. I looked at Gemma.

"She is Polish and has been wandering around since it happened. She wants to know if she can come with us." Gemma explained.

"Yes, please come." I said to her.

Before I opened the car door I put the gun in the doors pocket and got out, Gemma got out at the same time.

"Eric." I said holding my hand out.

"Magda." She replied before shaking my hand.

"Gemma." I was surprised when they hugged.

"Ahhh, papa and daughter?" She asked.

"You can explain that one!" I grinned at Gemma.

I looked at Magda, she looked to be in her late 30's extremely tall, she had at least 6 inches on me, dark curly hair, brown eyes and a thin face.

As we all got in the car they were chatting in polish.

Gemma then told me that she had been wandering around and we were the first people she had seen.

"I'm sorry for thinking that you were Gems father." She said from the backseat.

"No need to be sorry" I said "we need to get moving, it's going to be dark by the time we get there."

Gemma told Magda where we were headed and why. It took another hour of driving to get to the village. The place looked no different, it could have been a normal weekend. As I pulled up outside Amy's house I was a little puzzled at the absence of her car.

"You two wait in the car. I'll check the house."

I walked up to the front door and found the key in it's hiding place. Pushing the door open I sniffed the air, it smelled clean. All the downstairs rooms were clear so I climbed the stairs slowly. Opening the master bedroom door I was surprised to find it empty.

"Eric are you okay?" Gemma asked from downstairs.

"Nobody here." I replied as I walked back downstairs.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Eric." She put her arms around me.

"I'm ok, I think we will stay over night."

"I was worried you may find her, I didn't want you to be alone."

"Thank you." I replied before kissing her.

Magda was standing by the door. She came over and put her arms around the two of us.

"Come on ladies, lets get set for the night."

We set up "camp" in Amy's front room.

I was setting up the camping stove in the kitchen while Gemma was sorting out food.

"Eric!" Magda called from the front room.

I walked in and she was holding one of Amy's journals. She had kept one since an early age. This one had a blue ribbon around it that held a card down with one word on it "Dad".

She passed it to me and I nearly burst into tears. Magda walked into the kitchen to give me some privacy. I sat down and opened the card.

"Dad, We are hoping that you will read this and that you remember our code. Please hurry. A.N. and the kids."

I was stunned, tears were flowing down my cheeks as I opened the journal. It was full of gibberish.

"Remember our code".

As children the girls had made up a code so that they could pass secret messages. Years later I told them that I had cracked the code so I knew all their secrets, much to their dismay and embarrassment.

Now it was a struggle remembering what the code translation was, but I got it!

"Hello Dad, Nat, Sally, Hanna and I have survived. Dominic never made it back from the U.A.E.

We are going to make our way to the island. Upstairs in the wardrobe is one of Dom's radios, it is charged and can be charged from a car we have one and we will check channel 27 every two hours on the hour to see if you make it, remember cb? I'll know it's you if you use my handle. I hope you find this. If not, we love and will miss you and I would give anything to feel your arms around me one last time. Amy."

What island did she mean?

"Their alive!" I shouted.

Gemma and Magda raced into the room and I threw my arms around them then kissed them.

"Fantastic!" Gemma had tears on her face.

"Theres a radio upstairs!" I raced away from them.

Amy's husband Dominic had been a telecommunications engineer. At the age of 10 he had built his own radio transmitter from components and by the time he left university he had set up a company that made him a millionaire in a matter of months. Finding the radio and the charger I nearly fell down the stairs in my rush.

I turned the dial and there was a beep. As I spun the tuning dial I glanced at my watch 17.05! We could have just missed them.

"Flattop this is red wolf, copy?" Nothing came back so I switched the radio off.

"Who's flat top?" Gemma asked.

"Amy, it was her call sign, We will try again at 6." I replied.

"More people alive?" Magda asked.

Gemma explained what was going on.

"Good, Good now you eat." She smiled.

For the first time I noticed how pretty she was. I made to get up but she put her hand on my shoulder.

"No sit, we cook."

I sat back and looked at the charge bar on the radio. It was full so I decided to turn it on just in case they transmitted. After the beep silence followed. The events of the day then caught up with me and I felt drained.

Gemma and Magda came in carrying plates and mugs. We then sat in silence eating.

"I think we should all sleep in this room." Gemma said.

I glanced up at her.

"Makes sense I suppose" I replied "It will probably get cold tonight."

We lapsed into silence for some time. Our little dynamic had now been broken by the arrival of Magda and the thought of my girls being alive would be hard on Gemma, I hoped she wouldn't feel pushed out.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yes." Was all she said.

"We will have time together." I said quietly.

"I know. I just hope that your girls are okay." She smiled but I could tell there was more to this.

"Please don't, ermmmm" Magda seemed to be looking for the right words "let go of each other?" She looked at us in turn "I don't want to make you stop loving!"

She looked at Gemma and they started talking.

"She says that she would be happy to sleep elsewhere if we want to make love!" Gemma giggled.

"After today all I want to do is hold you while I sleep." I replied.

"Good, then we can all sleep together?"

"We wont all fit in one sleeping bag but the bed upstairs is big enough." I replied without thinking.

Gemma started to giggle.

"What?" I asked.

"Threesomes now?" She asked looking innocent.

All three of us laughed.

"Why not, we will have to soon." Gemma muttered.

"Hey, don't be like that. I only want you!" I quietly said to her.

"But you said that we will have to have children."

"I know but not until we find a place to call home. Listen..." I read the message that Amy had left.

"If it's safe and if it can support us then we can all have as many kids as we want."

"What if there are no other men?" She asked.

"I doubt that, but If not you can always barter me out for goods." I joked.

"Don't be silly." She quipped.

"You are both right" Magda said "he will have to be papa to many children. But she right that she want you for herself. This is different world now, all change we have to think new."

I looked at Gemma.

"My God you are so right Magda!" She said.

"If it happens, it happens. Until then it's you" I pointed at Gemma "and me."

"What about Magda?" She joked.

"I sleep alone!" She said in a mock stern voice " but if we need to have children then I have them."

Gemma got up and sat next to Magda.

"When we are settled you will be first for his services." Gemma said.

I had to laugh.

It was getting close to 18.00 so I picked up the radio.

"Here we go" I looked at both of them " Flattop, Flattop this is redwolf do you copy?"

Nothing.

"Flattop, Flattop this is redwolf do you copy?"

A click.

"Redwolf this is Flattop, Dad... I can't believe it."

"Hello Amy. You better believe it".

"Is mum there?"she asked

"I'm so sorry sweetheart she didn't make it."

"Oh Dad, I'm so sorry." I could hear the pain in her voice.

"Thank you, I'm really sorry to hear about Dominic."

"Hello Dad." Nat shouted.

"Hello little un, I have someone here who wants to say hello" I called Gemma over.

"Hello Nat."

"Oh my god Is that gem?"

"It's me, Eric, sorry your Dad found me in Rugby."

"That's fantastic. Hey Dad make sure my little gem is safe."

"Ohh I'm taking very good care of her".

Gemma moved to get up but I stopped her and put my arm around her.

"We also have a lady called Magda with us. Amy what island are you heading for?" I asked

"Great! 7 females and one male! We found a 18 year old girl on our travels. We are heading for Muir, I thought you'd figure that out."

"With winter coming?" Was she mad?

"Think about it Dad, the mainland is going to be uninhabitable for years. When summer comes the air will be, well it will stink. The island has the bridge with the gate, the wind farm will provide power and there's enough land to make farming for a small community viable. All we will have to do is clear any bodies."

I thought about it.

"It's going to be cold." I said.

"I know, that should keep the smell and diseases away."

I thought about the idea.

"I always said you had the brains. The three of us are staying at yours tonight then we will head to Rugby then up north."

"I can't tell you how it feels knowing your alive." She said quietly.

"I really do know how it feels. When we meet you can have your wish."

There was a long pause.

"Nice one Dad, you know how to get Amy going." Said Natalie.

"Of course. It's good to hear your voice."

"And yours."

"Where are you?"

"We are spending the night in a small hotel about 50 miles south of Glasgow" She said "It's taken days to get this far."

Amy took over again.

"We have been travelling on minor roads and avoiding towns and cities. I suggest you do the same."

"Don't worry we will." I replied.

"Dad, I just want to sit here talking to you." Her voice sounded like the little girl I remember from years before.

"I do too, but we have had a long day." I told her all that had happened.

"You were lucky!" She sounded relieved.

"I know, but if it hadn't happened we may not have met Magda."

"Gem?" Natalie said.

I handed the radio to Gemma and showed her what to do.

"Yes nat?"

"Look after my Dad. I know you have always liked him but please don't push too hard if it's not happening."

Gem looked at me.

"What do I say to that?" She genuinely looked puzzled.

"Just tell her the truth." I tightened my arm around her.

"I'll tell you when I see you."

"Okay" she paused "don't take too long."

"Our battery is just about done. I will call in the morning from the car. Love you Dad."

"I love you too, give my granddaughters a big hug from me."

"We will. Gem hold him close tonight and kiss him from all of us."

Gemma looked at me so I handed her the radio.

"How did you know Natalie?"

"Thats for me to know. Bye for now."

We said our goodbyes and switched off. I didn't realise that I was silently crying. Gemma wrapped her arms around me.

" I'm so happy for you" she kissed me lightly " you really are a lovely man."

"Thank you." I replied.

Magda said something that made Gemma giggle.

"She said get a room if you are going to do that."

"I thought we had" I joked "Ok, you beautiful ladies cooked for me it's only fair that I wash up and make drinks."

"I like this!" Gemma said.

"Vodka?" Magda asked.

I walked to the kitchen to boil some water.

"I think there are drinks in the cabinet by the TV" I said " don't drink it all before I finish."

I could hear bottles clinking. The first pan of water was hot enough so I washed the dishes. Suddenly someone's arms were around me. I had a sudden flash back, Liz would always do this and it was usually a prelude to lovemaking. I tipped my head back and closed my eyes.

"I am so very happy for you" Magda said and kissed my ear " I am lucky to have been found by you, thank you."

"I'm glad we found you too." I replied

She released me and I turned around.

"Gem said that if we find home she would like us to stay together and for youth give me baby."

I nodded.

"You would be ok for this?" She asked.

"I would be but, and I mean this, Gemma has to be happy about it, okay?"

"Is good." She smiled at me.

" If we find a place I'd be more than happy, I'll probably watch to make sure you do the job right." Gemma said from the doorway.

"Do I get a say in this?" I quipped.

"No it's a majority rule and we girls are the majority." She smiled, turned and walked into the front room.

I realised that I had unconsciously put my hand on Magda's ass. She didn't move or say anything.

Magda smiled at me and walked out of the kitchen. Whilst I finished the dishes I was conscious of them chatting and wondered what they were talking about. With my jobs finished I walked into the front room and looked at the drinks, selecting a whiskey I took the bottle,a glass and sat down.

"Here's to the future." I said.

We spent the rest of the evening talking until I let out a massive yawn.

"Come on you, bedtime" Gemma stood "Are we sleeping down here?"

"I'll let you decide." I had to stifle another yawn.

"Magda lets strip the bed upstairs and bring it down."

They cane back with arm fulls of bedding and set up a double and a single bed. We all stripped to our underwear in dim light.

"Who do this!" Magda pointed at Gems bruises.

I looked up, Magda was topless, all I saw was her tits. They looked fantastic, my dream boobs as my late wife would probably have called them and my eyes were locked on to them.

"Not Eric, a boyfriend." Gemma told her.

"Pig" Magda muttered

She walked over to Gemma.

"Tomorrow we find arnica, ok?" She said to me so I nodded " you poor girl, why he do this?"

She was gently running her hands over Gems stomach.

"Because he was nasty." Gemma replied.

"You have a good man now, he not hurt you."

She moved away and got into her bed. Gem looked over at me then got into bed. I stripped off down to my briefs and slid in beside Gemma.

"Take them off, please?" She whispered.

"Okay. Why?" I replied.

"I just want to feel you against me."

I slipped my briefs off and turned off the battery lamp.

"Good night Magda." I said

"Good night both."

After a minute or so I had to ask Gemma.

"Would you want to watch?" I whispered.

"What?"

"You said you'd probably watch if I had sex with Magda." I whispered.

"No I wouldn't watch, I'd join in."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes. I think that the 3 of us should stay together. Why not think about it."

"Okay." I mumbled.

Gemma snuggled against me and I drifted off to sleep.

I was woken by movement and the cold. A hand was shaking me.

"Please, so cold." Magda whispered.

"Get in." I lifted the bedding.

The air was icy. Gemma then said something in polish.

"I told her to get between us." She sounded sleepy.

I moved over and Magda slid between us.

"You feel like ice!" Gem mumbled.

I turned over and put my arms around her and drifted off to sleep. Sometime later I woke up as Magda turned to face me curling up in my arms.

Next thing I knew my watch was beeping. I lay still for a second or two. At some point during the night Gem had switched sides and was behind me. She was pressed against my back and I had Magda in my arms. Managing to stop the alarm, Magda smiled at me.

"Morning." Said Gem.

"Good morning" Magda replied "thank you for letting me sleep here."

I realised that Gem was now naked and I could feel Magda pressed against my leg.

"Morning. If you were both cold how come you are now naked?" I asked.

"It's you, you give off so much body heat." Gem said.

"Is true." Magda chipped in.

"Well I'm not complaining, this would be any mans wildest dream, but we will have to make a move."

"Yes your right, did you think it over?"Gemma sat up.

"If your happy with your idea then so am I, but have you asked Magda?" I replied.

"Please can we do tonight." Magda asked.

"Theres your answer. Of course we can, every night from now on if you like?" Gem said.

"Please." Magda replied.

Gem lifted herself over me, bent and kissed Magda on the cheek.

My semi flaccid cock now sprung to attention. Gem got up and grabbed the spare bedding.

"I need the loo." She said and walked out.

"This I like." Magda murmured.

She reached down and squeezed my cock.

"Tonight?" She whispered.

"Gems is okay with that, so yes."

She untangled herself from me and got out of the bed.

She turned towards me.

"You like?"

She had a super models body, long legs, flat stomach, a classic hour glass figure and large firm boobs. Her pubic hair was thin stubble.

"I need shave, I know but is not problem."

I didn't know what to say, I couldn't take my eyes off her.

"Oh wow!" Gem was in the doorway "you have a fantastic figure Magda!"

"You think?" Which came out as "Tink".

Gem walked over and stood beside her, dropped the bedding and looked at me.

"Your going to be busy tonight Eric, but who first?" She teased.

"Thats unfair. I feel like getting busy this morning but we need to get moving."

I got out of bed and reached for my clothes.

"I'll let you two decide who first."

"Chicken!" Gemma said.

I was dressed by now but my poor old cock was aching.