Always Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So, how's your last day of being Miss Barrett been?" he asked softly as she hugged his arm and laid her head on his shoulder.

"Tiring," she said and he could hear the tiredness in her voice.

"I'm sorry," he said, feeling like there was more he could have done to help her in the past weeks. She and Maria had been like machines with preparations. Raph, true to all the stories his older married friends had told him, had felt like a fish out of water with it all. He wanted to help but didn't want to intrude on what every woman wants to be her most special day.

"Don't be," she said softly, "You've gone above and beyond, as you always do. You are someone that I know I can count on, no matter what, and you don't know how much that means to me."

"I am forever at your service, my love," he said, turning to kiss the top of her head as he placed his hand on her firm spandex-clad thigh, giving it a loving squeeze. He wasn't trying to initiate anything, just enjoying the feel of her body. They'd done pretty much everything in the new house, except making love. They wanted to save that christening until the wedding night. They hadn't completely abstained from sex, just not in their new home. Not yet, but the anticipation was building, and tomorrow was the day.

"It's going to be weird, tonight, sleeping without you," she said, "If I'm able to sleep at all."

"Yes, it's going to be a little strange, spending my last night in my apartment alone. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to sleep either."

"It's still hard to believe that by this time tomorrow, we'll be married; husband and wife," she mused.

"It's not too late to back out," he teased.

"It was too late a fraction of a second after I met you, Raph Savage."

"I will never forget, opening that lounge door, seeing you for the first time. You had on a white sundress with blue flowers on it. I had no idea who you were, whether you were married or had a boyfriend. All I knew is you were the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen. You told me, that night in the coffee shop, that you met two types of guys. Those who were intimidated by you and those who wanted something from you. I said that night that I probably fit into the first category, and to a degree still do, but I've found myself squarely in the second category as well. I do want something from you. I want you, more than I've ever wanted anything in my life," he said, emotion evident in his voice.

Riley turned to look up into steel-gray eyes.

"Oh, Raph, I've always been yours. I feel like we were born belonging to each other. I'd always felt that as perfect as my life was, there was always something missing, something or someone, right on the edge of my mind. After our first real kiss, in the parking lot of the airport, that shadowy figure suddenly became crystal clear. It was you, Raph. You're what I'd been waiting for my whole life, so yeah, I'm long past backing out," she said, moving up to kiss him on the lips.

"I love the way you can articulate what I'm feeling but never can seem to find the words to express because that's exactly the way I feel about you, Riley Milicent Barrett," he smiled at her.

They talked a while longer before packing up, locking up, and heading out for the last time as an engaged couple. The next time they walked through these doors, they would be Mister and Missus Savage.

Raph drove her home and dropped her off into the capable hands of Maria and Peyton before heading back to his apartment for the last time. He'd already moved or stored everything except for his toiletries, his suit for tomorrow, and an inflatable mattress he would spend his last night on.

Tomorrow was the day

*****

Riley stood looking at herself in the full-length mirror. She had politely requested a few minutes to herself after being swarmed all morning. When she'd asked for a minute, Maria had started herding people like cattle toward the door. Friends, aunts, and even mothers were pushed before her as she held her hands wide like she was trying to move an unruly gaggle of geese.

Now alone, she looked at the mirror. The dress was perfect, her makeup and hair were perfect. She felt like she should be nervous, having second thoughts, but as she looked at one of the last personal items left in her room, the picture Raph had given her for her birthday, she felt oddly at peace. It was as if she had simply let herself go, had gotten out of her way, and allowed the universe to draw her forward toward her destiny. She moved to the bedside table and picked up the framed picture. It was of her and Raph, standing in front of Paisano Pete, the 11-foot tall roadrunner, the local icon of Fort Stockton, Raph's hometown. They were wrapped in each other's arms, smiling as if neither of them had a care in the world, even though they'd just come from her mother's house after what had been an emotionally challenging visit. This tall handsome man was her destiny, her soul-mate, her forever person. She couldn't be happier or more sure of anything in her life. This is exactly where she was supposed to be, at this exact moment, and she was going to marry exactly the man purpose-built for her.

Riley kissed the photograph before slipping it into the bag she would be taking home tonight after the wedding. She took a deep breath and had just turned toward the door when there was a soft knock.

"Come in," she said.

The door opened and Steve Barrett stepped inside, closing the door behind him. He looked at Riley and his eyes teared up.

"You're even more beautiful than I'd imagined you'd be," he said, his deep voice husky with emotion.

Riley couldn't even speak, she quickly closed the gap between them and threw her arms around his neck. Neither spoke for several minutes. Finally, Steve released his bear hug and let her step back. Both had tears freely flowing.

Steve looked and quickly found a box of Kleenex.

"I'm sorry, I don't want to mess up your makeup," he said, quickly handing her a tissue.

"It's OK," she laughed quietly, dabbing at her eyes, "Maria made sure to get the waterproof mascara."

"I'm so proud of you, Honey," he said, clearing his throat. "You've chosen well in Raph and I'm certain you two are going to take care of each other and have a long and happy life together."

"Thank you, Dad, I feel the same way. I'm a little nervous about the ceremony and all the people and hoping Mom and Aunt Claire don't wind up trying to kill each other, but one thing I'm not nervous about is Raph," she said, honestly.

"Well, that's good. All the rest is just a pageant, but standing up there, looking him in the eye and before the Almighty saying, 'I Do'; that, you want to be sure about and it sounds like you are."

"I am, Dad. I really am," she said with confidence in her voice.

"Well, in that case, let's do this," he said, holding out his arm.

Riley hooked her arm in his as they started toward the door.

*****

"Are you ready for this, man?" Hunter asked as Raph put his western cut tux jacket on and surveyed himself in the mirror.

"Absolutely," Raph answered immediately, "I've never been more ready for anything in my life."

"I'd be a nervous wreck," Hunter chuckled, "I guess flying planes and jets must require nerves of steel."

"Not really," Raph said, "I've scared myself plenty of times while flying, especially in the beginning. No, this isn't really about fear. It's about the anticipation of my life from this moment forward. I'm going to spend the rest of my natural life with Riley and I'm so freaking excited about that fact. Until today, there always seemed like the chance that something would happen and she would decide that she didn't want to be with me anymore, and sure, it could still happen, but today means she's ready to stand up and say, 'till death do us part', so that means she's committed."

"You two are going to be together forever, man. I just know it," Hunter said.

"Yes we are," Raph said, smiling.

Someone knocked on the door.

"Come in," Raph said.

The door opened and Maria stuck her head in.

"Hun, can I have a minute with Raph please," she asked Hunter.

"Of course, my dear," he said, then turned to Raph, "See you out there, man."

"Okay, Hunter, and again, thanks, man."

Hunter took his leave, closing the door behind him.

"What's up?" Raph asked.

"Raph," she began, taking his hands in hers, "Riley is, and has been, my best friend on this earth. She has been with me through thick and thin and always had my back. I am so happy for her today, and a little bit jealous, and I just wanted to say, thank you. You have been so good for her. I still marvel at how happy she is. I'm not here to threaten you about keeping her happy because if there's anything I've learned being around you for the past year, is that making her happy is like breathing for you. You do it without even trying, and you try a lot. I know you don't have any family here today, but I want you to know, you are, and will always be, family to me."

"Thank you, Maria," he said, his voice shaking slightly, "You have no idea how much that means to me. I too think of you as family. I've always kind of thought of you as Riley's family because you're as close as sisters, but you're right, over the past year, you've become like family to me as well."

"Thank you, Raph, for what you've done for Riley, and your friendship with me, and Hunter. I appreciate you including him and being his friend, it means a lot to him."

"I'm not his friend as a favor to anyone. I genuinely enjoy his company and I like the way he treats you. As I do consider you a member of my family, I feel protective of you and only want the best for you. Hunter is a great guy and I think the two of you are a great couple. I suspect I'll be dressing up again sometime soon to watch you two start your forever-life together," he said prophetically.

"Maybe," she said with a blushed smile.

"Do you not think of him in terms of forever?" he asked, genuinely interested.

"I do, sometimes, I just wonder if he could ever get up the nerve to ask," she said honestly.

"Trust me, if he feels about you like I do about Riley, and I suspect he does, he'll ask."

A knock at the door interrupted their conversation.

"It's time for us," Hunter said, sticking his head in the door.

"I'm ready," he said. He turned back to Maria, "Thank you, for everything," he said, reaching for her and pulling her into a tight bear hug.

"You're welcome," she said, hugging him back, "and thank you too."

Raph headed out, going down the stairs where people were staging in the den. Hunter and Maria would be the best man and maid-of-honor. Peyton and Evan would also be a bridesmaid and groomsman. Peyton ran to Raph, grabbing and hugging him tightly, her large breasts crushed against his chest.

"I'm so happy for you guys," she whispered in his ear.

"Thank you, Peyton, I'm pretty dang happy myself," he admitted, "Thank you and Evan for standing up with us."

"I'm thrilled y'all asked us," she said, finally releasing him and taking a step back.

"Congrats again, man," Evan said, reaching out to shake Raph's hand.

"Thanks, Evan, I appreciate you coming today and taking part in the ceremony," Raph said, shaking Evan's hand.

"Wouldn't miss it," Evan said with a big smile.

The French doors opened and Claire came in.

"Are you ready, Handsome?"

"Yes ma'am," he smiled back at her.

"Well, I believe they're ready for you," she said.

Raph headed out to where a large floral arch has been set up. He saw the preacher standing in the center of the arch. There were not too many people in attendance as they had decided to keep it just close friends and family. Raph didn't know half of them. He saw Claire and Molly, Greg and Angela from Charter Air, Janice Decker, Riley's assistant at Barrett Oil and her daughter Polly, and many other people whom Raph couldn't put a name to. On the front row of the bride's side sat Rose Barrett, Riley's mother, and next to her was an empty seat, presumably for Steve. As Raph made it to the front row, he shook hands with the preacher and turned back to face the crowd. On the front row of the groom's side were two chairs marked as reserved. Two frames with pictures sat on the chairs. The picture in the first chair was of Raph's father, Lane Savage, and in the next chair a picture of Raph's mother, Audrey Savage. Tears immediately welled up in Raph's eyes as he looked at his smiling parents in the photographs. He knew instantly that this was Riley's doing. She wanted to make sure Raph's parents were on-hand, in spirit as it were, for their son's wedding.

While still lost in his thoughts, the music started to play and he looked up to see Maria and Hunter emerge from the rear doors of the house. They walked arm-in-arm down the makeshift aisle, parting when they reached the arch, Maria going to the left while Hunter stepped over to the right, beside Raph.

Next came Peyton and Evan. Peyton's flame-red hair shone brightly in the sunlight. She and Evan did make a good-looking couple.

Once Peyton and Evan were in their spots, the music changed and everyone in attendance stood and turned backward, facing the rear of the house. The rear doors opened and Steve and Riley stepped out into the light. Raph could only stare at the vision that approached him, step by excruciatingly slow step. Her light brown hair was done stylishly. Her veil did not cover her face but instead was attached to what looked like a small tiara before white cloth flowed back over her shoulders. Her makeup was minimal and tastefully done. Riley never wore much makeup and didn't need it. Her face was beautiful and her nearly flawless skin glowed. The dress was white and form-fitting with lace around the neckline. The lower half was not billowing but did have a train trailing behind slightly. He would learn later that the train had a hidden strap that she could pull up and place around her wrist or lower arm to keep it from dragging on the ground.

"Who gives this woman to be married to this man?" the preacher asked as Steve and Riley stopped before him.

"Her mother and I do," Steve's deep voice said proudly.

Steve gave Riley a tender loving look before taking her hand from the crook of his elbow, stepping back, he placed her hand in Raph's.

Raph took Riley's hands in his as they faced each other. He vaguely remembered hearing the preacher speaking before he became lost in Riley's beautiful hazel eyes.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of Almighty God and these witnesses to join together, in holy matrimony, Raphael Lane Savage and Riley Milicent Barrett...."

Raph zoned out a little bit, lost in Riley's ravishing beauty. He still did not understand how this loving, caring, kind, and gentle woman, so far about his station in life, could be standing here, her hands in his, vowing to love, cherish, honor, and obey; in sickness and in health; in good times and bad; as long as they both shall live.

"I do," Riley said, pulling him from his trance.

Riley placed the gold band on Raph's finger, "With this ring, I thee wed," she repeated after the preacher.

"And do you, Raphael Savage, take Riley Barrett as your lawfully wedded wife; to have and to hold; to love, cherish, and honor; in sickness and in health; in good times and bad for as long as you both shall live?" the preacher asked Raph.

"I do," he answered proudly, before also placing the wedding portion of her ring on next to her engagement ring, completing the set.

"With this ring, I thee wed," he repeated.

"By the power vested in my by the Almighty God and the State of Texas, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride," he said, closing his bible and holding it in both hands at his waist.

Raph kissed Riley soundly on the lips as the crowd cheered and clapped.

"May I present to you," the preacher said loudly, "Mister and Missus Raphael and Riley Savage."

The music started and Raph and Riley walked, hand-in-hand, back toward the rear of the house.

*****

Raph stood and watched as the music played. Riley and Steve danced the traditional father-daughter dance. He could see them talking but couldn't hear the words, but the looks passed between them were looks of love. Riley finally moved closer and laid her head on Steve's shoulder as his large hand came up to rub her hair. He bent and kissed her on top of the head as she wrapped her arms tightly around his waist.

When the music stopped, Riley kissed Steve on the cheek. Steve took her by the hand and led her to Raph.

"She's all yours now, Son. Take care of her," Steve said quietly.

"I will, with my very life," Raph promised.

Raph took Riley's hand from Steve. He raised the hand to his lips and kissed it gently.

"May I have this dance, Missus Savage?" he asked, looking into her eyes.

"You may, Mister Savage," she replied demurely.

Raph and Riley danced slowly around the dance floor which had been erected on the large lawn.

"Missus Savage," she whispered in Raph's ear as they swayed to the slow song, "I like the sound of that."

"Me too," Raph said, squeezing her.

The reception carried on into the evening. Everyone had a good time and even Rose was on her best behavior.

"Oh, Honey, you look so beautiful," Rose said, "and you and Raph make a wonderful couple. I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you, Mom, I'm so glad you were able to make it," Riley said, hugging Rose's neck.

"I wouldn't have missed it for the world," Rose smiled at her.

When the reception began to wind down, Raph and Riley prepared to run the gauntlet to Riley's truck while the guests tossed birdseed at them. They ducked their heads and Raph used his large hands to cover Riley's head as they ran. Riley opened the door and Raph quickly hoisted her up and in before following and closing the door. Everyone waved and cheered as Raph started the truck and pulled away with a cacophony of clanging metal cans tied to the back bumper with thin string.

They went out to the highway and drove the 5-miles to their driveway. They followed the drive until they rounded the hill and their house came into view. Raph clicked the button on the sun-visor and watched as the garage door opened. Once it was fully open, he pulled the truck inside before closing the garage door.

Once out of the truck, they walked to the stairs, but at the top, Raph stopped Riley.

"Hold on, we have to do this right," he said, smiling at her.

Riley looked back at Raph, not quite understanding his meaning until he bent and scooped her off her feet and into his arms. She realized his intention and wrapped her arms around his neck as he opened the door and carried her across the threshold.

"Welcome home, Missus Savage," he whispered.

"Thank you, Love. I've waited my whole life for this moment, I just didn't realize it."

Raph carried her through the first floor and to the wide steps leading up to their bedroom. He carried her upstairs and sat her down next to the bed. His eyes never left hers as he reached around the lowered the zipper on her dress. With the zipper down, he pulled the dress down her arms, exposing her high proud breasts. He continued past her hips, looking down the see her white lacy panties, her garter belt, garters, and stockings. Once he had pulled her dress past her hips, he lowered her into a seated position on the edge of the bed. He picked up her dress and draped it over Riley's reading chair. He removed his clothes and returned to her. He slowly removed her stockings, kissing his way down her legs as he rolled the stocking downward. When he removed the stocking from her foot he kissed each of her toes as well as the soles of her feet before working his way back up her legs. He hooked his fingers in the waistband of her panties as she lifted her hips. He slid the panties down and off her legs. He lowered his head, taking in her unique addictive scent before diving in.