All Comments on 'Am I Awake?'

by jonmartin22

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Well written but...

The main character is next level stupid. Like horror movie prom queen / cheerleader trope stupid. Hide in a shed with rusty farm tools and chainsaws stupid. Hook up with a gold digging shallow girl stupid. Accept a questionable drink from an blatantly cursed / evil / malignant being stupid. And that doesn't even factor in the depths of moronity it would take to stick head, fingers, or the tip of his dick out of the safety of the room.

With that said, your writing style can cast a spell of its own and pull a reader in. The problem was the main character was so jarringly dumb that it broke the spell time and again and ruined my attempts at suspension of disbelief.

warelliswarellisover 1 year ago

Is there more to this? Do you know when Chapter 2 will be coming out?

Because this was really hot and I hope this gorgeous vampiress seduces Chris.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Chris is one of, if not, the dumbest person I've ever read about. Took him way too long to piece everything together and still almost gets himself killed. This would be an easy 4/5 but the protag's level of stupid could not be ignored and just ruined the rest of the story. 2/5

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Can we all stop writing stupid main characters that do dumb things for the sake of forwarding the plot. It's incredibly frustrating to see when other aspects are so well done.

ImnotbobImnotbob26 days ago

Yeah, Chris may have been stupid, but so are most people, especially when everyone knows vampires aren just stories, right?

Can’t wait for the sequel. Does he give in? Does he triumph? Both?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous