Amber's Summer of Love Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Amber leaned back in her chair and closed her eyes, recalling the day's events with a mixture of dread and excitement. She really wanted to better understand her reaction to what should have been a disgusting event, and what happened after her shower. She wasn't in a hurry to go in, enjoying the warm glow of remembrance.

"Sleeping or just faking it?" The strange voice jarred her from her peaceful dream. She struggled to sit upright in her chair, trying to focus on the owner of the voice. "Do I know you?" she asked, studying the young man standing on the boardwalk in front of the cottage. "Well, not by name," he replied with a smile. "But I can tell you where your birthmark is located. And how beautiful you are without your clothes on."

She could feel the heat creeping up her neck and cheeks. This was Tom, her mystery peeper! And as she looked at him, struggling for a fitting comment, she noticed that he was cute. Really cute.

"Oh, you're the pervert from the sidewalk then?" she said with attitude. "Sorry we hadn't met before. At least then I'd have had a name to provide the police when I reported you for peeping in my window." She turned so that her shoulder and left side were facing him, signaling her displeasure.

"If it was so horrible, why did you drop your towel and flash me?" he asked. "I didn't intentionally spy on you but when I glanced over and saw you framed by the window I was spellbound. You really are beautiful." His quiet honesty was more jarring than knowing he'd seen her nude. She felt herself flush again and her nipples tightened on her chest. She felt a now-familiar warmth begin spreading between her legs. Her body's reaction to his presence was irritating and she lashed out in response.

"My towel slipped," she said angrily, "and I suspect you tell every woman you spy on that she's beautiful. Most women are attractive when they're naked. I wonder if you're as charitable toward clothed women you meet."

"If I had met you clothed the reaction would have been exactly the same," he replied. "I didn't walk down that path expecting to see a beautiful woman standing nude in her window. But it wasn't your body that held my attention, it was your smile. And that's why I know you weren't mad at me for looking, because you were smiling that beautiful smile."

His calm demeanor made her angry. And the fact that he was right about how she felt made her even angrier. "Look, Tom," she said tersely. "You may think you're God's gift to womanhood and that every woman is waiting for you to peek into her window but I wasn't. And your empty compliments aren't going to change my mind about you."

"Tom?" he questioned. "My name isn't Tom. It's Sam. Is that why you flashed me? Because you thought I was some guy named Tom? I'm sorry for the confusion and for embarrassing you. And I'm really sorry for Tom because he missed seeing one of the most beautiful women anywhere in her most beautiful state."

Now she was fuming. "There's no guy named Tom!" she shouted, losing what little control she had. "I named you that! It's short for Peeping Tom which is what you are! And I'd appreciate it if you'd stop reminding me that you saw me without any clothes! It's embarrassing!"

He smiled again. "Well I'm glad to hear there's no Tom. That means I might still have a chance for a date with the goddess I saw through the bathroom window today. I promise no hanky-panky if you'll consent to a dinner date with me on Friday. I really want to compensate you for the embarrassment I've caused you. And I do want to see you again, this time with clothes on. If you're afraid to be alone with me you can invite anyone you'd like. My treat." This guy was smooth. And his smoothness was getting to her. What does she do now? Does she accept his invitation? She really wanted to but she doesn't want him to think she's easy (of course she's already flashed him in the nude so she doesn't know why he wouldn't think she was easy). And if she goes with him she doesn't want to drag someone else along. If she took Celia her friend would just be trying to get into his pants all night. If she took her mom, she'd look like a youngster who can't handle herself. And her other friends aren't close enough for that kind of invitation. She'll just have to trust him.

Trying to regain control of her emotions and her senses, Amber walked to the burger stand on the corner and busied herself with ordering a drink and a small order of fries. She didn't look back to see if he had followed; she knew that he had. Without looking up, she said quietly "I'll go out with you. And I won't bring a chaperone although I probably would be safer having one. You can pick me up at 6. I don't have to tell you where I live but I'd prefer that you use the front door and stay away from the bathroom window this time."

His laugh caused others outside the restaurant to look at the pair in surprise. But his remarks were spoken in a voice that only she could hear. "Thank you for accepting my invitation and thank you for having enough trust in me to agree to come with me alone. I promise you won't be sorry for the decision and I will make every effort to make you forget today's unfortunate incident. May I ask your name? I'd like to sound as though we knew one another when I pick you up for our date."

She looked up and gave him a shy smile. "My name is Amber. And you'd better not mess up on Friday. You won't get another chance."

"Nice to meet you, Amber. And I won't mess up. I don't like to waste opportunities and this is easily the most wonderful opportunity of my life. I'll see you on Friday. Dress comfortably; we won't be going anywhere fancy. But come hungry."

Without waiting for a response, he set off down the boardwalk back past Amber's cottage. She watched as he disappeared into the spreading evening gloom and she pondered how she felt about the encounter. She still harbored some resentment toward him for being so cavalier about looking at her in her bathroom. But in his defense, she HAD flashed him. Why did she do that? She's not that kind of girl. Celia would have flashed him and invited him in to share her shower. She was so bold it was embarrassing. But Amber was not good with guys and that's another thing that surprised her about Sam: she could talk with him. Part of it was her anger. She was so mad at him for looking at her that she forgot about him being a guy. But another part was his self-confidence. He wasn't smart-alecky or stuck up; he just seemed to know himself and he knew what to say to her. Weird as it seemed, she found herself thinking she liked him, even though he had violated her privacy more than anyone ever had before, even her mom or Celia. Neither of them had ever stared at her after she had a shower. As she thought again about this afternoon, she started getting that tingly feeling again. Was this love? Or was it just a girl's reaction to a cute guy she likes? Is it something she can talk to mom about or should she wait to talk to Celia? Maybe she can ask Sam she thought, then she gasped at the idea. What was she thinking! How would she ever talk to him about something like that! Why would she do it?! She shocked herself by even considering something so outrageous.

She turned and walked quickly back to the cottage as if the mere activity would erase the thoughts she was having. Her stomach was churning over her crazy thoughts. Talking to a guy about how he turns her on! And on a first date, no less! She used to think the guys she dated were only interested in sex and now she's going out with a guy who's already seen her naked, told her how good she looked that way and almost dared her to go out with him without an escort! And she's thinking about asking him why he turns her on! She must be losing her mind!

The next morning she awoke, went to the bathroom and looked out the window before peeing and brushing her teeth. While she normally would do this in her t-shirt and panties, she made sure to wear a robe this morning and she kept retying it as she combed out her hair, making sure there was no one watching and that there was nothing to see. She wandered into the kitchen and found her mom reading the paper and drinking her morning coffee. She poured herself a cup and sat across from her mom. "Can we go shopping for that new suit this morning?" she asked. "I really don't want to go another day in that horrid white suit. I'll keep it for sunning at home in the backyard where no one can see me."

Jan smiled up at her. "Sure, hon. We'll go find one that's cute and keeps you covered. Any suit shows more than guys really need to see anyway so we don't want to give them any more, right? Let's just finish our breakfast and then we'll go."

The beach town wasn't blessed with a large shopping mall or big-name stores. There were a number of small boutique-type shops and mom steered them toward one that advertised swimsuit separates. Amber didn't need separates since she didn't have a too-big top or a too-big butt but her mom said that separates usually fit better and each piece was better-constructed. The salesgirl was about Amber's age and height and immediately grabbed several suits that she thought Amber would like. "Try these on and let me know what you think," she said, guiding Amber toward a dressing room. The salesgirl and Jan stood outside chatting while Amber changed into the first suit, a midnight-blue two-piece with a structured top and high-cut bottom. The suit was highlighted with gold threads woven along the seams of both pieces and up the straps, giving it a real luxury appearance. Amber wasn't overly impressed with the suit when she saw it on the hanger but as she adjusted the straps and turned to see herself she was taken by how the dark blue enhanced her tan and how the perfect fit of the suit was highlighted by the golden threads. "What would Sam think of it," Amber wondered, then immediately became angry at herself. "What do I care what that pervert would think? He'd only be happy if I pranced around nude." Then she realized that that was exactly what she'd done. She immediately regretted being angry at Sam for something she'd done without any encouragement from him. And why was she thinking about him? She'd just met him and not under the best of circumstances. Amber forced her attention back to the dressing room mirror and the blue and gold suit.

She was admiring the way the suit cradled her tight butt as the salesgirl -- her nametag said "Melanie" -- peeked into the dressing room. "Wow!" she exclaimed. "If you buy that suit, tell me where you're going to be wearing it because I won't stand a chance with the guys there when they see you!"

Amber laughed and spun around to give Melanie a good look. "Is it really that nice?" she asked, knowing the answer but wanting some confirmation. "Absolutely!" Melanie gushed. "The color, the style, the fit -- they're all just perfect for your body and your skin tone." She quickly gathered up the other suits she had selected. "No point in even trying these on," she said. "There's no way you're going to find anything that even comes close to that suit on you." Amber's mother stepped around the corner as the two girls were talking. "Honey, that suit looks amazing," she said. "I'd still like to think of you as my little girl but when I see you in that suit, looking as happy and confident as you do, I realize my little girl has grown into a beautiful young woman."

They paid for the suit and walked out of the shop after Amber and Melanie exchanged numbers and promised to get in touch. Amber was happy she'd found a suit that looked good and fit well and she really liked Melanie. She hoped they'd stay in touch so she'd have a friend at the beach.

Stopping at the burger stand on the boardwalk for a drink, Amber remembered Sam and her agreement to go to dinner with him on Friday. "Mom, I forgot to tell you that I met someone yesterday and he asked me to dinner on Friday. Is that OK?" Jan turned and looked questioningly at her daughter. "You met a boy, he asked you for a date and you neglected to mention this? Amber, I'm stunned. You've told me all about every boy you've ever dated, few though they may have been. And now you meet a boy on a day when you're mortified that every boy on the beach has seen your body through a bathing suit, he asks you out -- I assume you've already accepted -- and you mention it in passing? Who is he? How did you meet?"

"It was last night, after you went to bed," Amber said, leaving out the part about the bathroom window. "He was walking on the boardwalk and stopped to talk. We came down here for a soda and he said he had to get home but he'd like to see me again. And he asked me to dinner. His name is Sam and his parents are down for the summer." Amber was inventing information for her mother to cover the fact that she knew nothing about Sam or his parents or anything. "What have I done?" she thought. "This guy could really be some kind of sicko, preying on young girls. I don't know where he lives, I don't know his last name, I don't know anything!" As she began to panic, she realized her mother was speaking to her."... show some maturity in judgment. Accepting a date from a total stranger, even if he seems nice and pleasant, isn't the best idea," Jan was saying. "I am really concerned about this, Amber."

Amber didn't want to fight with her mom and she didn't want to really tell her why she'd agreed to go with Sam. "I understand your concern, mom, and you are right. I wouldn't have believed it myself before last night that I'd meet someone and agree to go out with him after only a few minutes of conversation. But wait 'til you meet him! He's really nice -- quiet, well-spoken. And he's super-cute!"

Jan laughed. "Well, I guess dinner's not the end of the world. Just be sure you stay in places there are other people around. No point in pressing your luck."

Amber decided later that afternoon to return to the beach in her new suit. She stayed clear of the water even though she knew the blue suit's construction, lining and color would prevent a repeat of the previous day's show. She lay on her towel, reading a novel she'd been trying to finish all summer. She was so engrossed she didn't notice a person standing near her until a shadow crossed her book page.

"You forgot to call and tell me where you were going to be," Melanie said, laughing as she spread her towel next to Amber's. "Now that I'm here I guess I'll just have to play second fiddle." The salesgirl was in a shocking pink triangle suit that barely covered the necessities. And her body was as beautiful as any Amber had ever seen -- small, firm breasts, a tight waist, slim hips with a butt that looked like two melons and legs that were as long and muscular as a runway model.

"Not much chance of you taking a backseat to anyone," Amber said. "Not in that suit. Or almost in that suit. That's the tiniest thing I've ever seen. Is it even legal?"

Melanie laughed. "I hope so but I really don't care. I love to show off my body. If I could come to the beach nude I would but I KNOW that's not legal!" She chuckled again and rolled onto her side, studying Amber.

"That suit looks even better out here than it did in the dressing room," she said. "You have an amazing body. I wish my boobs were as big and firm as yours. Are they natural? They're too small to be fake -- most girls who get boob jobs go really big -- but they're so perfect it's hard to believe they're real."

"Oh, they're real," Amber said, cupping one in her hand and giving it a jiggle. "They're not very big but I think they look good on my body. And they help my clothes look good."

"If I had a body like yours I'd never wear clothes," Melanie said, giving Amber a long, deep look. "I'd love to see it without anything covering it. Do you shave?"

Amber blushed, astounded at the girl's frankness. "I don't know what to say!" she stammered. "No girl has ever told me she wanted to see me naked and no one has ever asked about whether I shave, er, down there."

"Well, do you? And what's the big deal? We're just girls here. If I had to guess I'd say you don't because you have a pretty prominent pubic ridge. Some of it may be because of your hair so the suit would fit better if you did shave, or at least trim and thin a bit. And what guy said he wanted to see you naked? I notice you said 'no girl' had asked."

Amber was flushed again. She was into a conversation she never expected to have and she didn't know how to get out of it. And she could feel her body beginning to respond to the talk in a way she didn't think was possible. Her nipples were tightening and that damp, tingly feeling was returning to her crotch. "I appreciate your assessment," she said to Melanie, not wanting to hurt the girl's feelings or have her feel that Amber was a prude. "I haven't really given any thought to that particular area of grooming. I shave my legs and my 'pits and that's enough work for now. I do keep my bikini line smooth so nothing peeks out."

"OK, but what about the guy?" Melanie pressed. "C'mon, I want to hear about the guy who said he wanted to see you naked. Or has some guy already seen you naked? That would really bum me out -- a guy got to see you before I did. C'mon, spill to Melanie!"

Amber giggled nervously. "If you promise, promise, promise never to tell anyone -- especially not my mom -- I'll tell you," she said. Melanie's head bobbed like a hula doll in the back window of a teenage boy's car. "The reason we were in your shop buying this suit was that I had a white suit that I bought for the trip and when it got wet it turned transparent," Amber began. "That happens to all white suits," Melanie interrupted. "You mean your mother didn't tell you?"

"Yes, she did but I didn't listen," Amber said. "Now stop interrupting if you want to hear this story." Melanie fell silent as Amber continued. "So I raced back to our cottage and took off the suit. When I got out of the shower, I looked out our bathroom window and saw a guy looking at me from the sidewalk above our house. He could see me naked! And for some reason, that turned me on. So I dropped my towel and gave him a good look."

"Wow!" Melanie said. "That sounds like something I'D do! And I'm a horny slut. I wouldn't have believed it of you. You seem like a goody-goody."

Amber furrowed her brow. "Is it that bad to be modest?" she said firmly. "Just because I don't run around in three Band-Aids at the beach doesn't mean I'm a goody-goody."

Melanie laughed. "Hey, don't take offense! And you're right, this bathing suit does look like three Band-Aids. Actually there are probably four -- my butt's not as exposed as it would be in a thong suit. I think it's great that you're modest. But I also think it's great that you had the moxie to flash the guy. He probably went off his nut when he saw you."

"He fell off the sidewalk," Amber said laughing. "It made me feel good."

"Did you know him?" Melanie said. "That would really be hot if it was someone you knew. Somebody you could see again and look him in the eye to see what he thought about it."

"I didn't know him but now I do," Amber said. "In fact, I have a dinner date with him on Friday."

"You are a fast worker, girl!" Melanie praised. "Is he cute? Is he worth the effort? Can I steal him? Just kidding about that ... I would never step in on another girl's territory. That sounds so cool! You'll have to let me know what happens. Let's meet here on Saturday and you can tell me all about your hot date. Let's make it noon -- don't want to set it too early in case you have a wild late night."

Amber laughed, agreeing to the Saturday morning get-together. The two spent a few minutes just chatting before Melanie rose to leave. "Got to get to work," she said. "The boss is a real bitch about being on time." She gathered her towel and gave Amber a jaunty wave as she strolled up the beach. Her butt swayed enticingly in her pink suit and Amber noticed men's eyes following each swing of the tan flesh. "Strange," Amber thought to herself. "Just a few days ago, I would have thought she was some kind of slut but now I just think she's really self-confident. Funny what a see-through swimsuit can do for a person's perspective." She ended her musing and rose to return to the cottage.