American Dream

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I wasn't going to tell John that, though, because there's publicity, and then there's publicity, and I'd already had enough of that back on April 1st, with Gavin.

"Oh yeah, I watched that when it first went up on Pornhub. You looked great, April."

"Thanks, John, but take a look at the views."

"Holy...four hundred twenty million...?"

"Yeah," I said, happily. "One of the most viewed movie clips on Pornhub. Gavin really gave my acting career a huge kick start."

"But you weren't actually planning on a career as a porn movie star, were you?" John asked, and that look on his face, I was sure he was going to watch that clip right after we finished the interview. Yes! Another great review coming up!

"Of course not," I said. "Mom and dad, they wanted me to go do my degree in accountancy, or do med school or something, meet a wealthy Chinese-American guy, marry, have a couple of kids, and make them happy grandparents, the usual thing." I shrugged. "My mom really had this thing about the American Dream. She wanted me to live it, and I guess I am. Maybe it's not my mom's idea of the American Dream, it's definitely not my dad's, and it sure wasn't Gavin's...."

I giggled, because all that publicity on April 1st, it'd given my movie career a really huge kick-start, and it was a career I'd never ever dreamed of, and it hadn't screwed Gavin's career at all. Most guys were actually jealous of him, and a lot of women thought he was a real stud. Go figure.

Well, actually, he was, but I had to ask John not to mention that. Part of that settlement.

John grinned. Guess he saw the funny side too. "Well, I can tell you, it's not just Gavin who thinks you're irresistible. You're every red-blooded American guy's Asian Dream, that's for sure, April," he said.

"Thanks," I smiled, and he was quite a good-looking guy, really, even if he was a bit older, and he looked like he had red blood, too. I kind of figured I knew where most of that red blood was right now, too, and I did smile and lick my lips, slowly, and then I spoiled it by giggling when my mobile chimed.

Text from Paul, and I took a quick look.

"Shooting starts at two pm, baby. Gotta do that rehearsal for Social Studies after that, and then wrap the scene with the principal after the rehearsal." Then another. "How was the interview?"

"Interview was great, just finishing," I texted back. "Another rave review coming up, baby." Yeah, Paul and I were still close. Just, not boyfriend-girlfriend close, although we did still sleep together now and then. Sleep? Well, afterwards we slept.

"Hey, John," I said, and okay, I had to interrupt him because, you know, reshoot that scene for Teacher's Pet."

"Yes?" he said.

"We're running out of time here," I said. "I've got a shoot starting in a few minutes."

"Oh," he said, and he did look so disappointed.

"You know, talking to you has been really great," I said. "And we've still got a lot to go through." I smiled.

"I know," he said. "I'm sorry, I do tend to talk too much when I should be listening...."

"No no no," I said, and I really had to go soon. "I talk way too much, and I know you're going to write a great post about me and my movies, right?"

"Uh, yeah," John said. "If you don't mind, I'd like to maybe do a series, some background, and then one for each of your movies. Maybe you could go through them with me before I post them, make sure I get everything right?" He did sound hopeful, and I smiled.

"You live close by, right? Paul said you were down the road."

"Uh, yeah," he said. "Just a couple of miles."

"Well, I should be done here by late this afternoon," I said. "But tonight's my free night, you know, personal time, and I'm not actually busy. I'm really enjoying talking to you, so maybe we could continue this evening." I smiled again, turning it on for real, because he was kinda cute. "In person."

"Uh...uh...uh..." he stammered.

"Maybe we can meet at your place?" I said. "Order in pizza, because it's kind of awkward if I go out, and people recognize me," and there was that little flare of anticipation, because I did like real dates.

Not the paid ones, because those were mostly older guys with a lot of money, and I enjoyed them, of course I did, but the sex, that could be hard work sometimes. Tonight was my date night though, the one night a week I kept for myself, and this John guy seemed kind of sweet, and it wasn't like I got to meet that many, you know, normal people, these days, and while I liked sex with Raoul, actually, it was great, I wasn't exactly gonna date him for real.

He was married.

This guy, John, he didn't seem to be at all worried about me being, you know, a porn star, and he looked like he had a crush on me, and I liked the way he looked at my boobs. It'd be almost like those high school dates, last year, even if he was a lot older than your usual high school date, and yeah, could be fun.

"I'd love that, April," he said, looking a bit stunned, and when I dialed up the smile, he looked like he'd been punched.

"Great," I said. "Text me your address, I just sent you my phone number in the chat. I'll bring the pizza. Anything you prefer?"

"Whatever you like as long as there's no anchovies," he said, and I smiled, lowering my voice.

"See you around eight, John." And after that, we'd see what else he preferred.

"Uh, yeah," he said, and I smiled, because he was going to look even more stunned when he got for real what a million guys would be jerking off thinking about getting tonight. He didn't know that yet, but I better make sure he was up to it....

"John?" I said, breathily, before I closed the call.

"Yes?" he said.

"Don't jerk off thinking about tonight, okay?" I said, and I licked my lips, slowly. "Save it for me."

Smiling, I disconnected.

Oh yeah. Tonight, John was going to be living the American Dream. I wondered if he'd cum on my boobs. A lot of guys seemed fixated on that and I kind of enjoyed it for real, too.

* * *

I smiled dreamily as I clicked the popup closed, thinking "Thanks, mom", because there was the American Dream, and there was, like, the American Dream, and I was living it. I really was living it, and tonight, John, aka HDK from Red Hot Movie Reviews, was going to get a lot more than an in-person interview.

John from Red Hot Movie Reviews was going to get to live the American Dream himself, the way most guys only fantasized about when they watched my movies, and I don't know about him, because I doubt he had any real idea what was going to happen, even if he was fantasizing about it right now, but I knew I was really looking forward to it, because I knew it wouldn't be acting.

Yeah, just forget that April Fool's Day fiasco, April, I told myself, but I did miss my mom. Not so much my dad, the asshole, but maybe I should try calling my mom again. My dad was back in China now, so he couldn't hang up on me, like he did last time I called, so I sort of looked at my mobile, and thought about it, but I was running outta time. I'd call her in the morning, or, at least, I'd try, and maybe she'd talk to me this time, without my dad around.

I half wondered if she'd like to go on a double date, because after that stopover in Seoul, she really did look rather more like my older sister than my mom. Dad had his girlfriends back in China after all, and I knew that when dad was back in China, mom was living her own American Dream, and I knew one or two guys now who'd kind of enjoy that kind of double date, and I thought maybe I would too.

It'd be fun.

"Paul," I said, a few hours later, and I was a bit exhausted, because the rehearsal had gone well, and that last scene in the principal's office with Raoul and the other guy, it'd been, you know, vigorous, and I was gonna have to shampoo my hair again, because I didn't think I'd got everything out the first time, and I only had an hour and a half to get back to the apartment I still shared with Paul, clean up, change, and get to John's for our date, and I'd been thinking, you know, maybe I should go back to being Jia-ying.

Sort of move away from all that stuff with Gavin that'd been on the news, because everyone that met me sort of immediately made that connection, and a lot of that was my name, because once anyone here heard it, they just didn't forget it. That'd been good when I was starting out with my new career, but now that I was established, maybe I could distance myself from that a bit, because it was a little embarrassing, looking back, and it'd be nice to maybe do a few normal dates with guys that didn't know I was a porn starlet as soon as they heard my name, because I was sort of getting to be well known, but I sure didn't want to be another Tila Tequila.

No way.

"Noooo," Paul said, when I brought it up in his office after I'd taken that long shower. "No no no...", and metaphorically speaking, I could tell his head was in his hands, and if there'd been a brick wall close by....

"No way, April. You can't change your name back to Geeah-wing or whatever it was. All your followers on, you know, Instagram and Twitter and TikTok and Pornhub and everywhere, they know you as April Foo-Lee, and that's what you gotta stay. You can't change your name, April. It'd be a social media disaster, I mean, we've spent months building your brand. Name recognition, image, followers, all that stuff...maybe when you retire from this or something, that'd be a good time to do that."

We talked about it some more, but in the end, I guess I had to agree.

I had a job that paid real good, and that, really, I actually enjoyed, even if it wasn't the sort of job that every girl aspires to. I had devoted followers' online, gazillions of them, who clicked on every IG and TikTok post that went up. I had millions of views every time a new trailer went up on Pornhub, and that translated into pay per views, big time. I had clients who paid big bucks for those dates because I was who I was, and they were all loaded.

I'd even acted in a few paid advertisements for hot lingerie and sex toys for bored housewives over the last couple of months. Those paid real good, and the name, the brand recognition, that was part of that, and there were those life-size cutouts of me in that lingerie store chain. Apparently a lot of them were being stolen, they were turning into a collectors item for my fans, and Paul thought that might be a new market we could tap.

Then there were those life-sized April Foo-Lee, you know, sex-toy doll things, that some company in Japan was making which I thought was real iffy, but the profit margin seemed really good, and the pre-orders...I had no idea guys liked those things so much, and we were coming up with our own brand name lube to go with the toys, which was a bit gross, but hey, it sounded like it was going to really sell, so I wasn't complaining. Wasn't like it was me, was it? They were only latex dolls that looked like me. I did wonder what they were like for a guy though.

Anyhow, needs must. Medical school, that was gonna be expensive and I wasn't sure Gavin would help with that, and besides, there was that no-contact clause in the settlement.

Yeah, Paul was right, I couldn't just throw that whole brand and image away on a whim. Not until I'd finished university anyhow, because it wasn't like mom and dad were paying for me now, and what else could I do? Work in Wendy's? Stand behind a Starbucks counter on minimum wage? Screw that. Wouldn't even pay the rent for a room, and tomorrow I was picking up that new pink Mustang with the custom Hello Kitty artwork and my lawyer said Gavin had actually come through on the Green Card and the full scholarship and they hadn't worried at all that I hadn't actually completed high school. They'd been really understanding about that.

"Hey, April, we're going to do a five minute run-through of tomorrow's shooting schedule before we wrap for the day. You ready?"

"I'll be there in five," I said, skimming through the dialog for that first scene in Social Studies again. I could do this one in my sleep. I had a couple of friends at university who were just like this girl. Didn't even have to think about what she was saying, I could fake all that shit without the script, and probably do it better, and I was kind of reading through the start of the whole gangbang scene, thinking through a few ways to make it even hotter.

Yeah, it was a weird way to make a living, but why not?

Part of the price for living the American Dream.

That was what my mom always wanted.

And I knew the girl I had to be.

To live my own Dream.

April Foo-Lee.

* * * The End * * *

And of course that little afterword from Chloe: Hope you enjoyed, and yes,more stories coming. Jeong Chapter 11 is next. Continual updates on my social media in between the Ukraine war, Cheongsams, snide comments on politics and whatever else tickles my fancy. LOL. And thanks for reading "American Dream." I do hope you enjoyed meeting April Foo-Lee..... Chloe