All Comments on 'Amethyst Purple Pt. 01'

by SeanGregory

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
ribnitinribnitinabout 3 years ago

so far, so good. Quality writing, anticipation... I hope it's not a multi-million part story.

SeanGregorySeanGregoryabout 3 years agoAuthor

There are four parts, the first is by far the shortest. 55,500+ total word length for the full story.

nixroxnixroxalmost 2 years ago

4 stars and yes, so far so good.

There is lots of external description, but very little dialog between the two MCs. I don't get the feeling they are communicating the way a newly wed couple normally would.

My wife and I spent hours every day talking about all the things that interested us - much to the frustration of a considerable number of our friends. However, fifty years later, we are one of the last couples still together.

SeanGregorySeanGregoryalmost 2 years agoAuthor

nixrox, you definitely are correct: communication is absolutely mandatory. I'm on my second marriage, not my choice, neither I nor my ex-wife grew to despise each other, in fact she and my current wife have become great friends. My ex-wife and I still work together for the, now grown, kids and are on very good terms today. Neither of us were unfaithful or abusive. However, our communication dissipated and when external forces introduced a series of wedges between us she decided the grass was greener in someone else's garden there simply was no possibility for recovery. My current wife and I frequently discuss this topic and try to end each day with sharing what occurred and if anything was bothering one of us we can, together, find an amical solution.

As you follow the next three parts, and I hope you do, you'll find that their communication never really improves but I think it paints a somewhat feasible tale. It's not a 'happily ever after' story but I think everybody finds at least their own version of happiness and maybe even fulfilment. I don't want to drop too many spoilers but it is one of my favorite works so I hope you enjoy it as well.

Thanks for reading and thank you for commenting, an author appreciates the opportunity to discuss what he or she spent hours shaping.

G

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSeanGregory@SeanGregory
I have changed my user name from the more anonymous "SnatchKisser" to something a bit closer to home. I decided that if I ever decided to publish anything somewhere other than Lit I needed a name more presentable to the general public. 05/01/2024 Ok, after several false st...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES