Amy and Dee

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*****

"Amy, can you give me ten minutes and come through? You could bring coffee with you if you would."

It was all business. She'd liked what was in the files and the briefings I'd prepared but, as I expected, some changes could be made going forward. "You're doing great and it's a pleasure to have a good assistant again. Thanks."

That was it, but I was elated. I got much more comfortable over the next few weeks. The other trainees were horrified at what I was doing, but I smiled inside because I knew that I was learning far more than they were.

*****

"Amy, could you bring the file for M&H?"

I handed Dee the file and took the seat she gestured to. I watched her for the next five minutes as she checked through the file. Her eyes were a beautiful blue and she had long lashes; they were very sexy. She looked up, "The meetings at two. You're coming with me. You want to see, to learn. This is a chance."

I read the file over again twice before lunch and went to talk to some of the team members who were doing work for the clients.

Dee opened the meeting, "Good afternoon. No need for full introductions, except for my new assistant. This is Amy King." Dee indicated the names of the clients and I smiled at each in turn.

The meeting went along at a fair pace until someone asked a question about an HR issue. I saw that Dee looked puzzled, "Joe, I'm not sure I can answer that, I'm sorry."

Damn this wasn't good. "Miss Manning, actually that might be my fault." I looked at the clients before going on. "The employee of yours has decided to withdraw their complaint in light of the investigations our team undertook. We've recommended a settlement which is agreeable to both parties. You may not have that information yet as things were only tied up late yesterday."

Everyone nodded and Joe muttered, "Excellent, you're right Miss King, that hadn't reached me yet, but thank the people from your side who worked on it." The meeting finished ten minutes later with smiles and handshakes. I showed the clients out and made my way back to my desk.

Celia was in with Dee and all I heard was, "I hate not being able to answer questions, but thank the lord Amy was able to jump in. I took her with me to let her see how they worked; it won't be the last time."

I smiled. Dee said thank you later on, but it was brief.

Dee was out of the office for a meeting on Friday afternoon and I found a note on my desk when I got back from lunch. 'Five, usual spot. D'

I was first there and, as I was used to sorting things out for Dee, took the bull by the horns. When Dee arrived five minutes later, I'd just had my first sip of Barolo and was opening the bottle of sparkling water.

"What would I do without you? Thanks, Amy." She shrugged off her coat and took a long swallow of wine. "I needed that."

"Tough meeting?" I asked.

"No, a long week. You saved my ass the other day and I'm grateful. I'm pleased you suggested working as my PA and assistant. How do you feel about it?"

"I love it, apart from some ribbing from the other trainees about how 'now I'm just a secretary'. I'm learning a lot and I'm really happy."

"Good the training manager has asked me if you'd resume your previous role and HR could find me a new PA."

My face gave away my feelings before my mouth opened and disappointment flew out. "Oh, no. I'll learn more from this. Please tell me you said no? Or maybe you think it's for the best."

"I told them I didn't like it but also said I'd speak to you. It has to be your choice."

"I want to spend my secondment doing exactly what I have been. Please."

I worried all weekend, but late on Monday Dee confirmed that nothing would change. Actually, things did change. I found myself at more meetings, I liaised with clients directly and made suggestions about how things could be streamlined or modified.

A couple of months later, Dee called me at home before breakfast to say that she wasn't well and asked me to cancel her meeting for that day. "I could do it," I said.

There was a brief silence before she replied, "It might work. Take Celia with you and apologise. Let me know how it goes."

After work that afternoon I headed for the shops and then to Dees' apartment. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to check on you, it's my job to look after you isn't it?" I giggled and in return got a lovely smile even though she looked unwell.

"At work, yes, but it's nice to see you."

"Have you eaten anything?"

"I couldn't face cooking."

"Okay, lead the way. I have some soup and can rustle up toast and scrambled eggs. I've brought you some Lucozade, paper hankies and a couple of magazines. Sit down."

"Thanks, Amy, some soup would be great. Did you cancel the meeting?"

"No, Celia came with me and we apologised for your absence, they were great about it. We covered everything and they went away happy. I've got a briefing paper for you when you get back."

We sat and ate together chatting as we did. I went to use the loo and noticed Dee's bed as I passed the bedroom door. "Dee, I didn't mean to snoop, but your bed looks a mess and the sheets are damp. You must have been running a temperature."

"I couldn't find the energy to change them. I'll use the bed in the spare room tonight."

Something made me feel bold. "No, you won't. I'll sort it." I stripped and remade the bed. "I've fixed your bed. I'll take the dirty stuff and wash it overnight. I'll drop it off tomorrow evening when I come to check on you."

"No Amy. You don't need to do that and I'll be at work tomorrow."

I sat down on the edge of the sofa opposite her. "I don't need to do it, but I'm your friend and I want to do it. As for work, there's no way you're coming in tomorrow, don't be stupid." She smiled back and then I realised what I'd said, so I followed up. "Dee, I know that you're my boss and at work, that's what you are. But I think of you as a friend as well, I don't have many."

There was silence for a moment before she spoke again. "I've never really thought about your status in my personal life before. I like you and yes, you are a friend and your being here tonight to check on me shows that. Thank you, friend."

I went to bed that night with a huge smile on my face. A friend was good, girlfriend would be better, but unrealistic.

I cooked for the two of us again the following evening and it was obvious that she was feeling much better. I filled her in on work. I'd cancelled some of her meetings and attended a couple that I felt confident about. I also told her that I'd cleared her diary for the rest of the week. "Give yourself the chance to get over this bug."

I went over on another two occasions that week to check on her and cook. I liked doing it and enjoyed being with her. One evening we watched a movie and shared the couch. I knew that I'd like many more evenings like that.

*****

I was going over some points for that day's meetings with Dee when Celia popped her head around the door. "Can I butt in; I need to check something with you?"

Celia sat down and had a brief conversation with Dee. "Dee, can I make a suggestion? About Amy."

Dee nodded and I was puzzled.

"When Amy filled in for you, she did a great job. I got some feedback from Smith Brothers who were impressed with her and a couple of things she's sorted out for them since. I'd guess that you weren't even aware of them."

"No, I wasn't aware." Dee looked a little concerned.

I jumped in. "They weren't big issues. I didn't think you needed to know about them, but there is a note in the file so you know about it before your next meeting."

Celia spoke again. "You didn't really need to know and I only know because they mentioned it to me when we were talking about something else. Amy is still really a trainee but I was going to suggest that she act as the main contact and supervise the account. I'll keep my eye on things. I think it could be good for her and free up some of your time."

I was gobsmacked. This was a real vote of confidence and I felt as if I'd grown six inches.

"How do you feel about that Amy?"

"Pleased, surprised, excited. I'd like to try."

"That's settled then. Amy could you give Celia and me a minute I have another personal matter."

I went back with a coffee half an hour later. "Are you confident about the Smith thing?"

"I'd like to try. Confident? Well, I'd be stupid to say that I was totally, but I'll do my best and check things with you and Celia."

It was the following day that Celia and I were talking about another client over coffee when she spoke about Dee. "Dee told me about you going to take care of her when she was ill. You like her, don't you?"

"Yeah, she's been kind to me ever since I started here. I love working with her. You know that we've been for a drink a few times"

"I've seen you leave together a couple of times and she's told me about that. Almost everyone here thinks she's an ice maiden, but they don't know her very well. I like her and I know that she rates you very highly. As it happens so do I."

*****

I managed the Smith account and didn't have any problems. I checked with Celia and Dee a lot, but I knew what was required and the hands-on experience was great, so I learned a great deal and I was grateful for the chance. Working for Dee continued to be hard but enjoyable and I knew that it would stand me in good stead in the future.

One evening I'd gone for a drink with Helen, one of the other trainees. She was fed up because she didn't think she was learning very much, just doing a job. I told her that despite what a lot of people thought I was learning a huge amount.

"I thought that it was a mistake as well. It seems that I was wrong, you're learning and having a good time... Maybe it would be an idea for all of us to do that type of role."

Helen had gone to the loo when another girl about my age sat near to me. She was tall and had a similar figure to me, skinny. But she had a really attractive face and long dark hair that shone in the subtle lighting of the bar.

I was fiddling with my drink and the beer mat stuck to the bottom of the glass and then fell onto the floor. When I bent down to pick it up, I accidentally touched the girl's foot. I looked up and muttered, "Sorry, clumsy me."

We got talking and Helen joined in when she returned. Twenty minutes later Helen made her apologies and left to meet her boyfriend. Toni, the girl, said, "I wondered if you and Helen were a thing."

I smiled, "No Helen is heterosexual and, from what she tells me, has a very active and imaginative boyfriend."

"But you don't have a boyfriend."

I hesitated for a moment before answering. "No, I never have. I eh ..." How do I put this? "I'm only interested in my own sex."

I saw her shoulders sag and she sighed. "I see. I'm on the same team. Would you like another drink?"

That seemed clear.

We had another few drinks and went dancing. By the end of the evening, we were holding each other close and kissing, she was good at it. Despite my raging libido and her invitation, I declined to go back to her place and made my way home after promising to call her.

I awoke with a start and checked the time, it was 3.40 am. I'd been dreaming about Toni and it was pretty hot until I saw Dee standing at the door watching us and shaking her head. What had been a good dream suddenly became a nightmare. I couldn't bear the idea of cheating on Dee, no matter how stupid that sounded. I called Toni later that day and told her that I didn't want to see her again. My excuse sounded lame, it was lame, but I could never explain the real reason.

Time to move on

All good things come to an end, the Training Manager told me that it was time to move on and that I was heading for the distribution division. I was sad, but I was there to learn and had always known that I would have to change.

On Friday afternoon Dee called me in. "I know that you're going out for drinks with some of the staff tonight. I'd like to have shared some wine with you but that's not sensible. So, would you like to have dinner with me tomorrow evening, as a way of saying thank you?" I was surprised but there was no way that I'd say no.

The drinks were fine, we had lots of fun and the staff I'd worked with said nice things about me. I went home happy about the evening and looking forward to the following one.

I checked myself in the hall mirror. Smart navy-blue dress, knee-length, a little cleavage, well, I showed what I had to best advantage. Navy tights and heels, high heels, my hair was back, make-up tasteful and a little perfume completed the job. Pretty good I thought as I heard the taxi outside.

Dee had just arrived as I opened the door of the restaurant. She kissed my cheek before sitting down and I shed my coat. The kiss was chaste but felt wonderful and I speculated, to myself, what it would be like to have her lips on mine.

"Hi, you look lovely Amy."

"So, do you," I replied. Tailored slacks, that enhanced her figure, heels that were just right and a silk blouse that showed more cleavage than I'd ever seen her display. Her make-up was heavier than for work and as I sipped my water, I started to daydream about the two of us getting intimate.

The food was good, but I don't remember much about it. What I do know is that Dee opened up more than she'd ever done to me before. She talked about her family, long since gone, previous relationships -- short, and admitted that she'd love to live by the coast so that she could take beach walks.

Towards the end of the evening, she took my hand. "Amy, there's something about you, something special. I've always felt that I could trust you and I'd like us to be friends. I realise that you'll have friends your age but I'd like us to stay in touch even though you're moving on."

"Dee, you're my boss and I've always respected that, but I also think of you as my friend. I'd like us to stay friends."

In bed that night I had some mad fantasies about her. As unrealistic as it was, I badly wanted to able to hold her naked against me and make love to her.

*****

Working in the Distribution division was straightforward. We received goods and dispatched them, sometimes directly, sometimes we stored them for a while. We had warehouse staff, clerks and lots of drivers. Managing the vehicles was done by Transport. It took me no time to get my head around the work; the only thing that there was to get to grips with were personnel issues, how to keep the staff happy. Within the first month, I knew that I was going to be spinning my wheels and wanted to go back to the activity and problem solving of Dee's department.

Late one Friday afternoon I got a call from a number I didn't recognise. The doctor told me that my Aunt was unwell and that I should go and see her, as her chances were not good. I shot home packed a holdall and drove straight to the hospital.

It was late when I arrived and she was asleep. The nurses suggested that I come back first thing in the morning, but they thought it unlikely that my aunt had long. I spent an uneasy night in my old room.

I was back at eight and found her awake. She looked older and frail but she smiled when she saw me. I bent down to kiss her and she held my hand, whispering, "Listen, Amy, I'm going, but I'm pleased you're here."

I sat and leaned in close with tears running down my cheeks, "I love you and always have. Taking you on after your folks went too early wasn't easy for me or you, but we did okay. I'm very proud of you, but it's time for me to go. I've left you instructions."

I tried to tell her that she would recover, but I knew that I wasn't kidding anyone and she closed her eyes. I sat holding her hand for two hours before I had to go to the loo. I was away for ten minutes and went back with coffee. The moment I walked into the room I knew that she'd gone, but she looked at peace. My only relative and who'd stepped in to care for me had gone, but at least she wasn't suffering anymore.

I found her letter to me. It explained what she wanted to happen, where her will was and the name of her solicitor. She also wrote about how she felt about me and that she still had one wish that had not been fulfilled. That I would find the woman that I wanted to spend my life with and be happy. I didn't even realise she knew that I was gay, it was something that she'd never acknowledged.

I took a couple of days to see my Aunt's solicitor and make arrangements for her funeral. I was back at work on Wednesday and just before lunchtime received a message to meet Dee and Celia in the café next door to our offices.

They were waiting for me. "Amy I'm so sorry about your Aunt." Dee hugged me and then Celia did the same but she was in tears and didn't say anything just nodded. I spent the next hour telling them about my aunt and what had happened.

"Is everything straightforward? When is the funeral?"

"The funeral should be a week on Friday, a simple cremation. She left everything to me, not that she had much, some savings and money to pay for her funeral. She'd even arranged for someone to dispose of the house contents."

Dee stunned both Celia and me when she said, "I'd like to come to the funeral with you, a friendly face. Just to support you."

That blew me away, "But why?"

"We're friends and you might need a shoulder to cry on. That will be mine."

*****

It was a quiet and simple service with about a dozen of my aunt's friends, most of whom I knew a little. Several asked me who Dee was and I told them that she was my boss and a friend. Dee said very little she was just there and was what I needed. I was grateful for her presence.

I was a little stunned that my aunt had a life insurance policy and more money than I'd expected. It wasn't going to be enough to retire on or even buy a fancy car, but it helped to reduce my mortgage.

Things change

The following week Dee asked to meet her for a drink and we met in the bar as we had done many times previously. It was during our catch-up chat that her phone pinged with a text message. As she read it, she cursed, almost silently.

"Something wrong?" I asked.

"No, it's ...." She went quiet and I could see her thinking. "Ever been to the ballet?"

"What? Ballet? No. Why?"

"Christine, an old university friend that I see about twice a year was coming tomorrow and we have tickets for Romeo and Juliet. She's tripped and sprained her ankle this afternoon. She can't travel."

"Ballet is something I've never seen, so I have no idea if I'd like it."

"Maybe you would. But you never know and tomorrow, if you're game, we'll find out."

Dee sounded her horn and I slipped my woollen wrap around my shoulders. It was a nice evening but my dress was ankle length and left my shoulders and arms bare. I'd had my hair, nails and make-up done that afternoon and knew that I'd never looked better than I did as I walked over to her car. She looked at me with wide-open eyes, "Bloody hell, you look terrific."

"Thank you. You said that people got dressed, so here I am."

"Yes, you are." She muttered as we drove off.

Dee wore a long dress as well and, at least in my eyes, she made me look dowdy, she was stunning and, as I hooked my arm into hers, I was a very happy girl.

Romeo and Juliet is a simple story that we all know, so it helped to understand what was happening. The dance was incredible and the music impressive. Despite knowing how it ended I was still in tears when the performers took their applause. As we walked back to the car, I thanked Dee, but other than that we didn't say much. When we pulled up outside my home, I offered her a drink or coffee and was delighted when she accepted.

"Coffee would be fine, I'd like a brandy, but not if I'm driving."

"There's a spare bed and I'm sure I could find you something for the morning so you don't have to do the walk of shame in that dress."