All Comments on 'An After-Hours Awakening'

by Sementix

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ok, so wow wow and wow... my heart started to race!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Amazing! Is ketamine safe? I'm middle aged and

have only done booze, mainly beer, and pot. And of course the usual prescription pain killers. Not going to do any new drugs at my age. Just curious. Fun story, it was great that they all shared each other with no jealousness.

SementixSementixover 2 years agoAuthor

Ketamine is safe with the right dosage. It has been used in hospitals for a long time in conjunction with anesthetics (For this reason, too there's less issues with street "cutting" or impurities since it's always made in a lab). But now in the past couple years there has been a lot of research on the substance (Yale, being one of the leaders in some groundbreaking studies) and it has been legalized in many U.S. states as an aid to therapy for PTSD, depression and other issues. That therapeutic use is intravenous and it involves serious hallucinations for several hours, I think. Recreationally, it's often snorted and in smaller doses. A large dose can lead to a "K-hole" which is just a highly dissociated state and doesn't last for that long. It is not recommended to use K along side alcohol. They don't mix well. But if you have experience with K and a decent alcohol tolerance, a couple beers won't lead to any issues except perhaps a worse hangover the next day. Copious amounts of both, together, has led to deaths.

SementixSementixover 2 years agoAuthor

Do you guys think that typos in this are too much? I'm considering editing and reposting but then I'd lose my comments/views/"Hot" status :)

I went over it several times, but I really thought the editor was gonna catch a couple of the things I missed...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Honestly I didn’t even notice the typos. Awesome story, awesome build-up!!!

daltonzdaltonzover 2 years ago

That was fantastic and very real, please write more

DianeRedfernDianeRedfernover 1 year ago

Magnificent. Really got me where it counts - multiple times. Would absolutely love to see a sequel as there are logical ways to continue. xoxo, Di

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSementix@Sementix
Brooklyn music producer and songwriter. Exploring the depth of my dreams through this writing.