All Comments on 'An Event - with a Capital E'

by The Style Guy

Sort by:
  • 232 Comments
carindenniscarindennisover 3 years ago

Needs more of the after story. A very good lead in - but we need THE REST of the story.

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

Damn good story. Usually don't enjoy a story this much where the point of view or whatever switches between different people. Prefer it either to be first person from the same person all the way through, or third person. But your story did a good job, partly because of the way you wrote it. And partly because, in essence, it was another version of the original 'February Sucks'.

-

You wrote a damn good story, brutal, but damn good. Got me right in the gut. Well, maybe the gut part is due to the terrible acid stomach that I got from having spicy food just before bedtime and couldn't sleep, so came out sat in the living room reading lit while my wife sleeps and our dog snores. Well, I think it's the dog snoring. But this story hit hard. Real hard. Very Well Done.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

A very decent middle of the road story that was well written but I'm not really sure what the connection is to the ridiculous and highly overrated George Anderson February sucks story

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

we dont read these stories for the sex, tens of thousands of other stories here for that

we read these stories for the emotion catharsis

three lines doenst cut it

.

Also I would have ended his last line thusly

"I hope he was a good fuck. I hope it was the best you ever had and that you've kept those warm memories ever since. I hope they keep you warm in the future, because those memories killed our son."

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

Good story with some brutal consequences for her infidelity.

I can see why you ended it there, but this story needed some consequences for Lyle. I bet that wasn't the first family he destroyed.

Dawn would probably end up having a breakdown after finding out that she inadvertently caused her son's death. How could you ever forgive yourself for hurting your child so badly that they make a series of decisions that end up costing them their life?

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 3 years ago
That

Was absolutely shit.

Seems old George A has the lit authors writing about 10 inch cocks again.....almost like it was 2001 instead of 2021.

February sucks was unrealistic drivel at best.

The multitude of tributes are no better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wicked good.

I hate to read stories where Marines die, but we all faced that risk. You took GA's story, in my opinion, in a very insightful direction, the mindset of the cheat. I'm not surprised by the teenage son's reaction. I don't think the aftermath needs to be described, we know what happens next.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

A good story, would’ve liked a bit more to the ending to complete the circle.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well Done

Your story drew me in. It was heart wrenching. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
1 star

You focused far too much on the cheating sex and not enough on the consequences.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
Dan was right:

He was a coward. He kept the secret bottled up when he was alive, but sent a parting shot at his mother and his father after he was dead.

What was the point of that? His father in his ignorance was happy with his wife. Dan probably didn’t know it was a one off, so if her tryst had been part of an affair, eventually her husband would catch on. And if it ended with her husband not knowing, well at least his father would still be as happy as he could be after losing a son.

Clearly, Dan hated his mother. I get that; she cheated on his father. But he might as well have hated his father, too, because he fired a shot which killed his father’s marriage. In setting that IED to get his mother, he wounded his father as well.

The story was a good one, and the ending certainly different. Points for that.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
Swedish reader is right . . .

. . . about one thing: February Sucks has been done to death. But the conversation at the beginning, reproduced here, was the best part of that tale. That’s the part I could visualize in my mind as being very true.

angelofaionangelofaionover 3 years ago
Squel

You need to make a sequel for Dawn and the rest, pls

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

I was about to agree with others that it could do with a more complete ending but on reflection what more needs to be said? She will go to her grave knowing she caused the death of her son. Nothing that might be said can be more powerful than that.

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112over 3 years ago

Can we please have no more stories referencing George's story? I almost could not make it through this, and I generally like this author's submissions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

The switch from one narrator to another, then moving to a third person to end it made a mess of the thing. Might have been a decent story, but the writing was awful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This was far better

than GA's trainwreck of idiotic plotting and grossly defective character development. The 10" cock trope does detract from the story, and Lit authors don't seem to understand that the orgasmic potential of a woman is substantially (not entirely) a function of genetics. For most women, even the most attentive, skilled lover will be lucky to get one or two orgasms out of a woman from penetrative sex. For a few women, all that's needed is a guy who stays hard and has stamina to wring dozens of orgasms out of them. The idea that there is some sexual superman who can make any woman insanely orgasmic is nonsense.

Still, this was quite interesting. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Epilogue

Please put an ending about what happened next

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great... but needs more

I really enjoyed the story. Right up till the last two paragraphs. The ending was WAYYYY to short. Good ending. But needs development.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 3 years ago
Sorry, Style. This just doesn't make sense. You are better than this.

There was a strong chance that Dan would have joined the Marines anyway, based on both his father and grandfather having been marines. Almost a tradition. So, NOTHING to do with him running away cause he found out his mother was a cheating slut. That was just an excuse. Perhaps he never wanted to go to College!

Yes, he also was a coward by not telling his father at the time. He had weeks to tell him before the motel date eventuated. But he didn't. Perhaps understandable for an 18 yr old. But he could have stopped it if he'd told his father. In effect, Dan stole his father's right to have timely revenge. The silent treatment was just a childish reaction and did NOTHING to help anyone.

Once again, Americans don't understand divorce situations. Chris cannot "kick" his wife out of THEIR home. He doesn't have the legal right. It will be the subject of divorce settlement of assets.

So Chris has no knowledge of the circumstances around the cheating situation. Who with or why etc. ie No real opportunity to get back at those involved, other than by divorcing his wife. Meaning, as a story, it was full of holes.

gaforrestgaforrestover 3 years ago

very good, thanks....

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

Before I read the story, I want to respond to George's real life tale. If I were there, I would have asked the women, "What if it was some super model, let's call her "Hottie," would you have the same accepting attitude towards your husband?" I would bet everything I have that these women wouldn't thing that it was "an event, with a capital "E" that had nothing to do with how her husband felt about her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Oh look another February Sucks tale. How original. Clap

Clap

Clap

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

Jo had the "best sexual experience of her life," but it was a "one-off" I don't believe her.

/

@carindennis - What more do you need? He dumped her ass.

/

I don't like his son telling him in a letter after he died, leaving his father to bear the burden alone. I know he was planning on helping him if he made it back, but he either should have told him before he left, or waited till he got back.

/

@HIV, the "connection," such as it was, was the one-off, thrill of a lifetime fuck. I agree that it's a tenuous connection.

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoover 3 years ago

great story and sad in so many ways.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Nicely done. Gut wrenching

SkubabillSkubabillover 3 years ago

Wow great five star story.

HemmingswayHemmingswayover 3 years ago
Excellent

I don't usually leave comments but this was a special story. I'm bookmarking this one "HOF" hall of fame. Well done.

tangledweedtangledweedover 3 years ago

It was an interesting direction to take George's concept, where a faithful wife deliberately risks it all for a thorough fucking by a fantasy stud. The divergence from the original concept came when the wife in this story took it on the down low, instead of making the cuckolding public and counting on the marriage to survive her betrayal.

I think the public betrayal in George's original story was the key plot point, so this version lacking that point has to be viewed from a different perspective. To his credit, The Style Guy takes the challenge of providing his own version, on his own terms. It was a bold move, in my opinion, and one that works for The Style Guy.

I know that this story never addressed Lyle facing any consequences, but you would have to think that a person cuckolding that many men would eventually cross the wrong one. As for Dawn, I can't imagine anything more painful than having to live with knowing that your own selfish acts eventually led to circumstances costing your child's life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
@ Harryin Va

You can't be that stupid, can you?

HikingThruHikingThruover 3 years ago
Excellent

I've long thought that GA's intro was the crux to his great storyline. This is a great glimpse into a possible aftermath of what those ladies thought. One nit, though, is that it seems unlikely that either Mom or Dad would accept son's sudden and unexplained abandonment of college for the Corps. After month's of not talking to Mom? Seems like direct, head-on, Marine Dad would have spent a few paragraphs trying to extract the "why" from his son. I can't imagine Dad letting son write off Mom with no explanation; there must be a reason. Mom, based on the timing, could likely make the connection, and should have been obviously conflicted. Her fretting about, and that Dad/son dialogue, even ending in "we'll have to agree to disagree" would have addressed that issue.

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago
Great Story

Glad he had the balls to boot Dawn's ass to the curb. You've hit the nail on the head about "The Event". In most cases the event will always be a cherished secret event for the "loving" wife for the rest of her life. In this case maybe not. She basically killed her son with her cherished event. Got a feeling that is going to put a huge black stain on her cherished event for the remainder of her life

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
She cheated for a long as time

This is typical though, kids won’t tell on mom unless they hate her.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 3 years ago

Well done! A story derived from the intro to and the basis of George Anderson ' story. Unlike some of the commenters, I think you ended the story at the perfect place. No need to see down the road, or enact revenge on Lyle in this story.

darthdaxdarthdaxover 3 years ago

That'll do it!!!

I've often pondered how a writer/husband (in this case child) could imagine a way to ruin the wifes cherished memories.

This absolutely fits the bill.

From "pussy gushing - clit tingle" to "horrifyingly nauseatingly putrid"

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I can’t believe that the son didn’t either a. tell his dad about the email, b, interrupt the two at the motel, or, c. tell his mom that he knows what she’s about to do and to admit it to his dad or he will tell him himself, and, finally, if he can get into her cell phone, copy/forward any incriminating emails to his phone and maybe to his dad

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Interesting

The common "best sex ever" is a real thing, but it's not the size or stamina or even the Alpha Dawg personality. It's always the aura: danger, risk, excitement, endorphins. And it's unsustainable. It's one thing these stories get right. The men don't have a partner because after six months with the guy, the aura required is gone. Javmor touches on it in the live at first sight story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
term of service???????

not being expert, army only offers three year enlistment. LOVE slap hapy papy #9

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 3 years ago

Was a interesting read but felt lacking especially with the ending.

maninconnmaninconnover 3 years ago
Well done Style Guy

Perfect treatment of this theme. Well written, and you even worked in a slam of realism using Queen Street, that amazing collection of quaint, New England neon.

MormonJackMormonJackover 3 years ago
Awesome, so well done

Thank you! I was engrossed in the story and felt the emotion upheaval that Chris must have been feeling.

5 stars

One thing shook me from my enjoyment, maybe a flaw that should have been caught. Early in Dan's letter, he is stating that he is writing the letter knowing he has died. "I don't know the circumstances surrounding my death." But later in that letter (and this is what startled me from the story) it says, "I've also decided that you and I will have the toughest talk of my life, when I'm discharged. I'll tell my story, sitting with you and Mom at the kitchen table."

BTW: Dan was no coward. He took control of his own life when he found himself in a situation that was impossible to fix.

Bebop3Bebop3over 3 years ago

Well, that was a brutal story. I'm racking my brain trying to think of a more severe kharmic retribution for a cheater. I'm drawing a blank.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 3 years ago

As a person who has a copy of every one of the 'February (and other titles) Sucks', this will become another proud one to add.

I wanted so badly to have good things to say, but right out of the gate, something you wrote caused me to go from excited reader to skeptic Beta/Editor reader (no I'm not an Editor).

Dawn's heart was beating and her pussy was leaking.

Lori launched herself into Lyle's arms, pressed her lips against his mouth and drove her tongue between his lips.

A few minutes later, as Dawn's tongue finally left his mouth, Lyle praised her, "Not bad."

When you goof up a name with in three sentences, that unforgettable. Dawn was the wife, Lori was the sister.

He reached down, grabbed her hand and walked the few steps to the kind size bed.

In my 60 plus years, I've had all sizes of beds, but never a kind size.

"Look at me," Lyle growled. When Dawn looked into the mirror, he continued, "We can do this the easy way or the hard way. Which do you prefer?"

No matter how one looks at or reads this, it now became rape. Someone needs to put Mr. Kyle down for life.

Sorry Style, I can't give you full marks for this version.

imhaplessimhaplessover 3 years ago
Original

I like original, even if many years after the fact he had no inkling and still walked out. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
He wasn't just a coward, he was a selfish asshole

He didn't care about his father. If he did, he wouldn't have set it up so that his father lost his son and his wife on the same day. All he thought about was getting the news of what happened off his chest. If he had cared at all about his father, that is NOT the way he would have told him.

<P>

Chris was fucked over by his wife and his son.

<P>

A horrible, horrible story.

TryingItAllTryingItAllover 3 years ago
Interesting!

A tragic end, but generally well-written. I am curious as to how the relationship was between Chris and Dawn in the intervening 2 years. It is implied that it was good, but...was it really? Would like to have seen that explored. Obviously part of why Chris kicks her to the curb is that he blames her for their son's death. Good story!

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

A great story, without the usual cheap cliched plot points.

I wish more writers would put half the effort into theirs as you did this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

What a way to turn a lifetime memory into a lifetime nightmare. Can't imagine a more painful end to a marriage. Thank you for your time and story.

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years ago
Hate Is A Stronger Emotion Than Love

First, I'd like to say I gave the story 5 stars. Liked it!

However, I had a secondary thought on the story after I left it. Most LW readers, which are obviously not necessarily a sample of the general population, react with glee about Dawn getting it at the end. And for that the author sacrificed a son's life, a husband's happiness, and Dawn's parent's happiness. The LW audience is overlooks that the son died, that Dawn's parents (who the MC tells us were lovely people) are deeply and additionally/unnecessarily hurt, and even the MC is deeply hurt, because they are willing to sacrifice the pain of all those innocents and merely see it as an instrument of the destruction of the cheating wife. There is no mourning at all that unhappiness, and all the focus is on the wife "getting hers." As I said in the subject line that hate is a stronger emotion than love!

The second point I wanted to make that I got from the story is that (and which I tried to show in the stories I wrote) is that when hurt we often lash out, and often indiscriminately. The son was hurt by what the Mom did, and he lashed out, but instead of innocents around him, he lashed out towards himself. He gave up a possible relatively bright future to throw it away. He was young and his reaction and choices were obviously rather immature. The MC tells us that Dawn's parents were great people, yet instead of trying to shield them a little from the pain of what is going to happen to their daughter, and her possible contribution to their grandson's demise, he expounds and increases the pain of two elderly innocents. But in LW all that is justified as long as it serves to increase the ostracization of the cheating wife. Everyone is expandable, even the cheated on husband, as long as the wife gets it.

And by showing the letter to Dawn he doesn't shield her from a lifetime of feeling guilt about her possible complicity in her son's death. I personally don't think she contributed to that. Just like I think she made her choice to cheat, and deserves to suffer the consequences of that (divorce). The son made his choice to go to the Marines, to try to be a "man" (which is very strange thinking), and he ended up paying the consequences of that poor choice. But emotions are not logical and Dawn will feel guilt for her son's death. Does she deserve to be divorced for cheating. Yes! Does she deserve to feel guilty about her son's death. No! I know many readers would disagree, but think of it this way. Most people I know that go into the military is not because they were particularly patriotic, and they want to fight for "freedom" or some other noble notion. They go into the military because they come from poor families, they aren't college material, and they didn't know what else to do after high school. Or they like the idea of playing with guns. If they die while serving, should the parents feel guilty because they were too poor to offer their sons more choices for their future?

Some people have misunderstood my comments in the past, and think that I'm harder on the husbands than the cheating wife. What she did wrong is obvious, and everyone can easily see it. To bring it up to me is silly, as any dumbfuck can see it. But in focusing on wanting to get back at her for her betrayal we often lose sight at everything else that we are willing to see sacrificed to justify her downfall. A young man lost his life, a husband is devastated, and two nice innocent elderly couple were additionally hurt to increase the pain of the cheater.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Oof, her shitty choices pretty much drove her son to his death, and she's going to have to live with that every remaining day of her sad life. Can't imagine a worse punishment, especially with no real support system.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Here's a idea. Skip the descriptive sex, add some actual meat to the story. The ending was basically one paragraph, while the ridiculous sex scene took up half the fucking story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
But Wrencher

Well written story that was extremely hard to take.

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 3 years ago
Great story but

I'm now a fan of abrupt endings. Yes I know he said it all and expressed his feelings as to the future but, I wanted to know more than a dry pussy from his wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
That's one iteration, but I wonder why you chose it over all the others.

He now had a very reliable and incriminating report that his wife probably had sex one time with another man. But he didn't have proof, he didn't have evidence of continued adultery, and he didn't know why it might have happened. Initiating divorce and dropping the letter bomb on the family was always an option, but I'm surprised he didn't try to find out more first.

What would a more imaginative author devise to extract all the facts, or prove that somehow the son was mistaken?

Initially the husband would review every record and document he could find from the supposed cheating date. Would phone records still exist? How about bringing some trumped up legal action against the motel so he could get documentation that his wife rented the room on that day? He could hire a PI to try to investigate his wife's current behavior, and maybe figure out a way to clandestinely interview her work colleagues for rumors or evidence. How about faking a writer approaching her work colleagues claiming he's doing a fictional novel on work place dalliances, and he heard rumors that there have been some episodes among their coworkers. The interviews would be Well paid, of course, but no names would be required. That could bring out the story of Lyle's annual fuckathons with the chosen slut of the year.

You can imagine from that point Chris getting the complete picture on Lyle, how long he'd been fucking the women of the office, and maybe somehow get Lyle to recall the event. It could be the same investigator as the fake author interviewing Lyle for a handsome fee to recall, Brag, about his conquests.

In my version I would have Lyle recall the details of fucking some old but very enthusiastic whore ("Who else rents a room by the hour to fuck a guy she's never met?"), accurately describing what Dawn's ass and tits looked like and how she sucked and fucked, but admitting that he couldn't remember her name or her face; she really wasn't that attractive or that great of a fuck. When asked if her name could have been Donna Lyle will then remember not Donna, but Dawn. Lyle will then also remember that Dawn said he had ruined her for her husband Clint, or Chris, or some name like that. I would play that recording for Dawn when I served her with divorce papers. I would save the letter from her dead son when she eventually asked Chris how he found out. That might be the final straw that convinces Dawn to join her dead son.

So it was a good story, but could have been so much more.

Still, thanks for the effort.

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessover 3 years ago
The second page was good

But I really hate these stealth cuck stories. Just write an unapologetic cuckold porn story if that's your thing. Adding a poignant repercussion section following paragraph after paragraph of lingering description about how great the sex was is disturbing. Is it a stroke story or an emotional story?? Just creepy.

EgregiousEgregiousover 3 years ago

Well done, great rendition of the famous tale. However, George Anderson's "The Conversation" only asked half the question. The following morning at breakfast, our protagonist should have told his wife of the heated debate about spouses dating. Looking for a different perspective posed the following, question, "what if a famous actress asked me for a one night stand and I accepted! How would you react?" As I have personally been married for forty years; my guess his wife's reaction would be, "if you did, I'll cut your ball off" or "don't come home, all the locks, will be changed" or "that's the end of our marriage!" Quite simple really!

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747over 3 years ago

Dan was not man enough to confront his cheating mother when she came out after being freshly fucked for three hours, so he runs away to the Marines hoping to grow up, only dying in Afghanistan. Killing his farther with news about Dawn’s affair, without any evidence to backup his claim except his death. So Dawn killed her marriage, her son and her husband.

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago

5 star, exceptional story. there were a few small writing mistakes but nothing big.

it was a little dark for me and ended a bit prematurely.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Well shit - That was so well written it had me in tears. Well done! 5*

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
Mr Anderson wrote:

&quot;'Um, what would you tell your husband?' one of the guys asked hesitantly.

'Um, why would I tell my husband?' The reply was instantaneous, and greeted with laughter and head-nodding from the women.&quot;

Let's face it: men tell other men things that they'd never tell women, especially their wives, and women tell other women things that they'd never tell men, especially their husbands. Can anybody really be shocked by that?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I wonder???

If the fools that read your story had any comprehension at all??

Some would out their mothers betrayal.

Others may not be able.

The boy became a man.

And his father knew his words were true.

He also knew this wife cost him his first born.

No coming back from that.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellover 3 years ago

Thank you for not writing another putrid February Sucks torture log.

NipplesandwineNipplesandwineover 3 years ago

Now that was good ! Thanks

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago
Best of TSG

My favorite TSG story.

First, it is NOT another FebSUX, thank goodness! It IS based on the premise of GA’s inspiration for FebSux - which is better reported herein than in that story’s preface.

This tale makes sense. As a teen, Our Young Hero had not internalized Dad’s message very well. As a Marine, he came to understand Dad’s point better. He also gained a more complete understanding of his mortality ... a painful benefit of combat.

So OYH prepared a backup plan if he could not conduct the family conference in person.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Semper Fi

No other words will do

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 3 years ago

OH-EMM-GEE.

Totally love this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I appreciated the comments. I too had thought "crap" another one. Worth reading, loved the comments from authors and commentors I have long enjoyed.

OPrimeOPrimeover 3 years ago
Excellent

No cuck crap here. A new approach, well written, clear and strait forward story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very captivating. I'm hoping a 'Part 2' is in the works.

I can see how this story channels ‘February Sucks’ for inspiration. However, this story stands entirely on its own. It’s creative and very well written.

I’d love to see a continuation that explores Dawn’s life and mindset after her fling. Does she really help Lori to maneuver other married women into Lyle’s bed? What happens after Dawn truly realizes her actions have caused of her son’s death and the end of her marriage? Is there an eventual face-to-face between Dawn and Chris where she bares her soul (in graphic detail) and begs forgiveness?

I don’t really see reconciliation as a plausible option. But I’d love to see Chris get glorious revenge on Lori and her arrogant, marriage-wrecking, big-dicked, sex-predator brother, Lyle.

‘February Sucks’ strikes a visceral chord because it exposes a harsh biological reality. In the Animal Kingdom, males and females both act to perpetuate the species… but they employ divergent strategies. Males simply want to procreate and much as possible. Females are compelled to be selective and mate with the specimen that best insures the survival of the species.

This is what makes George Anderson’s real-life conversation with that group of co-workers so compelling and revealing. It’s also what makes these stories story seem so plausible… and heartbreaking. Any woman (no matter how happily married) will submit to her primal instincts and cheat on her loving husband… if the right alpha-male comes along.

And even worse… the wife will feel perfectly justified in her actions. She will feel no guilt or remorse. She will expect support and forgiveness with no consequences. And she would happily do it all over again… if the right alpha-male comes along.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent story

Well written story, lease keep the coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sorry, this story while different ended badly

A cheating wife who was caught by her son who yrs later could never expose her to his dad.joins the marines and dies in combat. Sends a letter home to explain to dad. Then the shit hits the fan. Why. No confrontation, no explanation. One time affair. Son dies for what, just to much missing here.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@Anonymous Re: "Very captivating" - I call bullshit! While some women MAY choose their mates based on her "primal instincts," most women have evolved beyond their primal instincts, and certainly wouldn't allow them to cause her to cheat, and if they expect "support and forgiveness," then they're delusional.

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 3 years ago

Love this story and I would like to see a Chapter 2.

Lori and Lyle should be punished too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The story good but some of the commenters are ignorant.

She had nothing to do with her sons death. That was caused by the enemy in war. His choice to join the Marines was cowardly at best to escape his emotions. At the way he informed his father was inexcusable and selfish.

It was unnecessary for the father to know. He lost nothing due to her cheating. While it can’t be condoned his wife was always just as loving as before.

Finally. Joining the armed services of any branch is never a poor choice. It is a heroic and honorable thing to do for whatever the reason. And joining the Marines has turned more than a few boys into men. Unfortunately for this one he never became a man. His actions with the letter was that of a boy and not a man.

The son started out as a coward and remained a coward through to the end.

Rocket081960Rocket081960over 3 years ago

WOW! OUTSTANDING! Thank you!

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
A sad story

A sad, but great story about the terrible impact on a family when the wife is caught in senseless , recreational, cheating. What an awful day for the father, he buried his only son and finds that his wife’s cheating drove the son to join the Marines. To complete the story, I believe the grandparents would drive the cheating bitch away, just as the husband did. I don’t think she could live with the guilt. Blaming Dan, or the husband in any way is ridiculous. This was all on the cheating wife and mother. Her idea, her choice, and her fault completely.

NerfdudeNerfdudeover 3 years ago
sbrooks103x makes a valid point

It’s totally fair to ‘call bullshit’ on my commentary. Yes, expecting ‘support and forgiveness’ would be delusional. Yes, I hope most people have evolved beyond being controlled by their primal animal instincts. And yes, it would be great if there was no delusional or irrational behavior in the world.

What makes these ‘February Sucks’ stories visceral is the premise that given the perfect storm of events… given a once-in-a-lifetime, once-in- a-million confluence of freakish circumstances… even the most down-to-earth, faithful and loving woman can fall victim to her primal lust… if the right alpha male comes along.

Telling the story of the bar-room conversation before the ACTUAL story provides additional perspective... along with empathy and credibility. The women at the bar seem to admit to having a subconscious biological need to experience the perfect alpha male. And it seems believable. Granted, they understand and accept that something so crazy will most likely never happen. But still… is it not a bit unsettling to wonder what your wife might do if she had a one-and-done sexual opportunity, in the prime of her sexual life, with her version of the most perfect physical specimen on the planet?

That element of plausible uncertainty might be what makes these stories interesting. (At least for me.)

deblackbusterdeblackbusterover 3 years ago
Great story

Was going to let it go, but I keep seeing it pop up again. Some people say the dad didn't need to know or that it was the coward thing for the son to tell his dad about it. The wife was loving to him, it didn't mean anything.

Those are all bad excuses. Of course the dad should know. He was living a lie, it wasn't real. How do you know it was only a one off? Would you want a friend who's nice to your face, but behind your back he talks mad shit about you? No you wouldn't, so why would you want that in your spouse?

At the end of her affair she was even going to help destroy another marriage. That's not a good person at all. The truth is always better. This "what the spouse doesn't know won't hurt" is an illusion.

How could you say the husband lost nothing to his wife cheating? Her cheating drastically changed their son's future. He was going to college until he caught his mom cheating on his dad. He lost nothing? He lost his son and his wife. Even if he never found out, he already lost her love. Dawn's cheating cost Chris his son. Dawn's cheating cost her, her son and probably her relationship with her parents.

Yeah it sucks, but at least it's real. Own it and make amends. Only way to live with herself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Heartbreaking

For the father.

Fuck what the cunt feels, may she rot in hell.

Just an FYI....If during the divorce the judge tries to make them go to counseling. He needs to be dragged from bench and horse whipped in front of the courthouse.

Anyone who thinks there is even a fraction of hope for this marriage. You can all go stand In line to enter the contest for the most delusional waste of skin on the planet.

As for the asshole that “just likes to fuck married women” Even thought he didn’t make her cheat......he does provide the service and gets off on it.

So I think as a way to get a Modicum healing from his pain. The husband needs to take on the role of a man who likes to like to fuck up men who like to fuck married women.

And, if he applies a large enough dose of healing to the asshole it will permanently end the asshole ability to cause more pain.

Aahhhh.....tit for tat

I’m good with it.........you? 👍

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5*

Pure excellence.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Sorry

Sorry it had to cost their son his life for her cheating to be exposed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ruined

How can anyone in this story ever have a happy moment in their lives.

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
WHAT WOMAN OR PERSON PLACES AN EVENT ABOVE FAMILY

even though the event being well planned and executed took place but as in all secrets when only one should/would know that element event seems to forget fickle and fate, TK U MLJ LV NV

EgregiousEgregiousover 3 years ago

Dawn is more than just a cheater she's a pimp as well. After her fling with Lyle, he expressly asks her "Next year I want to fuck Virginia McDaniel. I expect you to help my sister and make it happen." And they seal it with a kiss. She deserved all she got and more!

49WIZARD8849WIZARD88over 3 years ago
I'm shook

This was damn good read. Absolutely heartbreaking. His wife caused them their family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

You forgot where he went and tracked down they guy and ripped his head off I am a Marine and we don’t take this shit without someone paying would’ve divorced her and they would have never found his body

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I THINK CHRIS SHOULD HAVE MADE A POINT.....................................

Of laying the cause of death of her son on her actions. Let her see the consequences of her slutty actions. The son would have finished school and never been in harm's way without her actions. Then just hope she lives the rest of her life guilt ridden and alone.

Spector30Spector30over 3 years ago

Great story. I only wish you expand on it.

Richie4110Richie4110over 3 years ago

Loved it. Many thanks. This is, as you indicated, a new take on the “February Sucks” theme and you’ve provided a new opportunity for others to follow your lead. I look forward to more of you take and for others who may take up the petard.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Your stories are always so heavy, and so, SO good. None of that fantasy shit about perfect new potential spouses waiting in the wings or epic revenge against the other man, just all the pain a betrayal causes and whatever justice the man can deliver. I gave it 5 stars because I couldn't give it 10.

lukeey90lukeey90over 3 years ago
But

Wat about the asshole who fuck married women?

Rolando1225Rolando1225over 3 years ago
ADDENDUM TO THE STORY

A year later, the following note was published in the local newspaper. “Lyle Harris was assassinated yesterday afternoon while leaving the Rainbow Motel on the Queen Street in Southington, after he had spent there a few hours in the company of a married woman. The assailant has not been identified yet, although the police is still investigating the attack…”

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 3 years ago

I feel like there should another chapter to this

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Fuck-n-A !!!

5-stars & Favorite

Thank you.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Spoiler

Specfuckingtacular. She realizes her son would likely not be dead if she had not cheated. Carrying the burden of being divorced for cheating is one thing but...

Fucking brutal. A five.

PierremanvisPierremanvisover 3 years ago
PIERREMANVIS

Wow that was dramatic and memorable. Style Guy at his best. The scene in the motel was very erotic and well described. The ending shakes one. I really hope there is a chapter 2 even 3 to this sad tale... where everyone looses to selfish entitlement of a spoilt women. Five plus

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
My God man

This is , hands down , the most gripping story I’ve read in a long while , and it’s an erotic short to boot ! That a writer can write with such dramatic flair as to cause an emotional whirlwind as this masterpiece has instilled in me is inexplicably mind boggling, and doing it in two pages just leaves me mystified! What a talented author I’ve stumbled across ! If your other work is half as good as this one is I’m in for some great reading in my near future ! I give it a 5 +++++*

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 3 years ago

First, let me congratulate you that you are one of the riders who has not, I repeat not, decided to go on and write a different slant to Mr. Anderson story. Instead, you picked up on one of the ideas or rather parts of the story that were actually the most interesting. I think I’m gonna have to take a shot at my own version of this conversation and its ramifications.

But, I have to say that this is a five star story and one of my favorites! And guy, you’ve got STYLE!

Best regards,

C

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThe Style Guy@The Style Guy
I'm a professionally employed male and I live in southern New England.

story TAGS