All Comments on 'An Invisible Uber Driver'

by The Style Guy

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy12 months ago

For an attorney, he seems to have a lot of side jobs!

5

MattblackUKMattblackUK12 months ago

I think I'd have preferred this as part of a longer story. Though it worked well in this shorter format. Though I think it might be worth reading more about Chris and his jobs.

Incidentally there's a YouTube video from the inside the car camera of an Uber driver being hassled by an officious police officer who was closed down when the Uber driver proved that he knew more about the law than the officer when he proved to the officer that he was a lawyer by showing him his Bar licence!

johntcookseyjohntcooksey12 months ago

The neighbor POV instead of the spousal discovery precluded the more self righteously indignant of us readers from moral outrage, but other than that, a thoroughly enjoyable GOTCHA! Thanks once again.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Nice, it was different

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Apparently, Chris found a third side-gig serving papers for and to neighbors.

And maybe a fourth too, if he called the tip-line.

servant111servant11112 months ago

Nice...would have been even better fully fleshed out but still nice...

5 stars

Regguy69Regguy6912 months ago

Damn lawyers spoil all the fun! Ha! Well done, TSG. I liked the clever twist with the neighbor angle. I feared it would be his wife and wondered how she would not have recognized the car or her husband. You managed to tell it all in 750 words, impressive.

FD45FD4512 months ago

Saw ‘The Style Guy’, saw 750 words. It is like eating one French fry

MwestohioMwestohio12 months ago

Short and sweet

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit12 months ago

Epic...that is a great example of how a really clever cheater gets caught.

UnassignedUnassigned12 months ago

Very clever! The 750 word stories usually fall short, but you used them with maximum effect.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc12 months ago

Too many gaps to fit into 750 words. 4*

SimepopSimepop12 months ago

I thought MC’s last name was Harrington, what did I miss?

mainer42mainer4212 months ago

love this. no nitpicking here

miket0422miket042212 months ago

Interesting. The length forced enough details to be left out to make it somewhat confusing.

Who's Michael Wallace and what's his relationship to the MC? I know Jillian referred to him as neighbor... But, still, confusing enough to me that it detracted some from the originality of the story.

IrrumatioIrrumatio12 months ago

Our narrator has a problem and a conflict. He represents both parties to the divorce. Also, the info he has about her activities are privileged. So he couldn't testify. I suspect he has some ethical conflicts as well.

JBEdwardsJBEdwards12 months ago

Love the becoming an Uber driver to avoid traffic via the commuter lanes idea. I had to give it five stars just for that. ~~JB Edwards

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I91 does suck, especially in the winter.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Irrespective of the story - nicely crafted, of course - loving on his side gig in order to access high speed lane!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I grew up in Springfield and also did a commute from Springfield to Hartford before and during the I91 highway work. It was and is brutal! However, I don't see how the side trip to Bradley makes the commuter lot an easier option. The time to get the fair, get to the airport and drop off, then get a new fair, then drop off the fair, doesn't appear to be less timely than slugging along 91 in. the basic lanes.

But then you wouldn't be uber and get the guy to unload about the prostitute neighbor.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Creative concept, written with no glaring comp or grammar errors. Not erotic, but that wasn't the main intent--it's "a crime story".

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x12 months ago

I agree with miket, just too much left out.

silentsoundsilentsound12 months ago

Nice little burn!

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades12 months ago

Enjoyed, a great setup story, but stand alone. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

As usual another 750 word story pitifully lacking.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Clever. Thanks.

Lions86Lions8612 months ago

these comments are proof that people will say anything just to not tell the truth. all these people talking about how great this was and how they give it five stars are just afraid to say it was trash

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Just too quick and few words to make this story reach its conclusion. It’s

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Lions86...wins comment of the day. I don't know how many stories I've seen exactly what he described in the comments section of a horrible story.

MeredithXMeredithX12 months ago

Words are at a premium (750), so how 'bout less over-of-the top verbiage like this?

.

"He slid his hand along the back of her bare leg, under her short skirt, lifted it and mauled a delicious looking ass-cheek."

.

Yeah , we get it. They're also in public with a certain incentive to be discreet. Why is it that writers here have no sense of subtlety? Or reality? Just beat us over the head next time. 🤦🏼‍♀️

.

Then, as if that hadn't been clumsy enough, there's this ...

.

"The blonde walked him to my SUV, opened the door and after another scorching kiss and grope, I heard her say, 'I can't wait to see you again in two weeks. We can look at a few more houses and have more orgasms.'"

.

Wow, such sexy talk. I'm glad I read this before lunch, because the way guys write dialog for women makes me wanna hurl sometimes. You can tell they've never actually been around women.

.

Poorly executed. Two stars. Grudgingly. ⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Excellent novel idea. I think it would be better suited for a full length story, but recognise the skill applied to present it in the 750 word format.

MightyHornyMightyHorny12 months ago

A solid MC all around.

Thanks for the share author.

MightyHornyMightyHorny12 months ago

@Lions86: buddy, everyone has an opinion...

So stop being an ass.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

So the Gotcha was the plot? Maybe this story should have been in Humor, or Non-Erotic? We didn't find out she was married until the last line, and we don't know if it was Jillian doing the fucking. She offered the accountant one of her whores, not herself; why? Too bad, because it was a decent plot idea. I thought sure as hell that Jillian was his wife, and she would walk away from the client before the husband/driver came into clear view and be told the story about the fucking real estate agent. It seems obvious that Jillian did not recognize the Uber driver, but she did when he walked into her office. What was that supposed to infer?

\

Anyway it was an opportunity missed. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Eh. The surprise was that the blonde was not his own wife. Otherwise, by the numbers. Creativity Takes Courage did something similarish with Flexy Lexi and Dick Somebody.

Schwanze1Schwanze112 months ago

I think I missed half the story somehow.

26thNC26thNC12 months ago

Great story told with Style.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A good writer shipwrecked on the shoals of a 750 word story. This is not a matter of "just use your imagination" to fill in the blanks. Silly premise, a disjointed opaque story, and characterless characters topped off by a failed attempt at a closing zinger. This is a fail; 2**.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

WOW. Jillian you slut, or prostitute. Hahaha

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I know I'm sitting up here in the nose-bleed seats, but for me, this story was a swing-and-a-miss. So much was forced to get to the final 'AHA' moment.

Still, the strikeouts make the home runs seem even sweeter.

The Style Guy is one of the best authors on this site, in my opinion. Keep 'em coming.

WisquejacWisquejac7 months ago

Excellent short. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Who, what, where, when, why?

SorchakSorchak5 months ago

9 times out of 10, 750 word stories are a waste of my time. I read at 500+ words a minute, so it takes me a minute and-a-half to go through one of these. Sad to say, this one was also a waste of a minute 30.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower5 months ago

Thanks for a quick, fun read!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

That was very new. And very good. Thank you for producing some quality in this cesspool...

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Excellent. Looking at the comments below. I can't figure out why some people can't read between the lines. This was a very complete story, it was a good build and a creative outcome. Most writers can't do this well with 10 times as many words....

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThe Style Guy@The Style Guy
I'm a professionally employed male and I live in southern New England.