An Offer He Can't Refuse: Carlyle

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 2:

July 8

The clock over the nursing station reads 12:03 am but he doesn't know that. He can't see it. He can't see anything. His breath rasps in his throat but he can't hear it. He can't hear anything. The temperature in the room is a comfortable seventy-two degrees but he's not cold. He's very hot. It doesn't matter. He can't feel it. He can't feel anything. A shadow moves in the room and it covers his head but he's not aware of it. His laboured breathing becomes muffled and automatically his body strives to push the shadow away. Instinct takes over and his hands claw at the shadow but a stillness clouds his mind.

Dimly he sees a large open area and a figure alone before the looming shape of a baby grand piano. Space dwarfs the figure and the musical instrument. He peers at the image straining to make sense of it and becomes aware of a haunting refrain being picked out in a melancholy way. He knows that song. He knows that he knows it. But it escapes him.

He peers around and notes it's a room with bare shining hardwood floors. He shivers. The room is huge and his peripheral vision is blurred. That song! It haunts him. The notes are picked out one at a time on the piano. He tries to focus on the player. He is young and lean in drab attire slouched over the keyboard.

He fears the light is failing. Things are not as bright as when he first saw the figure. That pose feels so familiar, the curvature of the hands on the keyboard, the vacant expression in the eyes, eyes set in a long high-cheeked face. Who is he? He knows the next note before the finger falls. A word comes to mind. "Lonely!" No, it's, "Sorry!" The two words blend in his mind and become one.

He fights the descending darkness but knows he has no strength. Sorry, lonely, sorry, lonely, the words whirl in his mind. A shadow in gossamer gown transpires before him and she too appears to have a long lean face. She shimmers and moves in a jerky dance to seat herself next to the lone figure at the piano. He does not appear to see her. His fingers go on picking out the haunting refrain. Crying, lonely, sorry, cry, lonely, sorry, Laura. Laura!

He snatches the name to his bosom. Laura! Everything is so dim but he feels the importance of that name. He feels so tired. He concentrates on the name alone and shadows shift. She appears first as a shining face that devolves into neck and collar, youthful bosom and arms in a print cotton blouse to hands on another keyboard. The keys she strikes are all wrong. It is not the tune resonating in his head. The images clash and the gaunt male figure supplants her. He strives to bring her back!

"Laura!" In his mind he screams her name.

Slowly her face comes into focus with smiling lips and such love in her eyes, love and trust. The vision opens and he sees the pillow her head rests upon with hair spread to frame her features. The vision opens more to reveal the firm young breasts and the outstretched hand welcoming him. Lonely, sorry, cry, the words don't fit and she starts to dissolve again. The sad refrain fills his head again. He cries, "I love you! I can say it, I love you!"

"Say you're sorry," resounds in his head.

"Say you're lonely," it becomes one out of context. He hears the notes and concentrates on the melody. He sees his fingers on the keys moving slowly, "I cry the whole night through." He looks up and sees the hardwood floor going on, as forever but far away is the fair countenance of the one he plays for... or is in memory of. He feels a great sadness. If he had only... what?" Everything is too dark and cloudy to think. Let it go. Let everything go.

"Who am I to question fate? Who am I? Who am I!"

The sad music insinuates into his dim thoughts. "Now you say you're lonely, you cry the whole night through. Well, you can cry me a river, cry me a river. I cried a river over you. Now you say you're sorry for being so untrue. Well you can cry me a river, cry me a river. I cried a river over you."

"Oh Laura, I did love you." He sees the sleeves of his tunic and realizes he's in the gymnasium on the USAF base. He knows he is alone in his sorrow over a love he stepped on to please the family.

"Now you say you love me, well just to prove you do, come on and cry me a river, cry me a river. I cried a river over you."

"But where am I and who am I?"

All so dim and far away, all so fast fading and he must rest. Warm and comfortable here; so easy to rest and sleep but he mustn't! Must resist the cloaking darkness. "Who am I?"

The answer reverberates in his mind as darkness finally engulfs him.

"I'm Carlyle!"

The clock over the nursing station reads 12:23 am but he doesn't know that. He's dead.

Four hours later Mike wakes to confusion.

"Get the fuck out of here!"

"Jeeeeezuz, it's you again! I'm going as soon as I get my clothes on!"

Mike rubs his eyes and looks at the bare back of Veronica standing in the drawn curtain opening. The light in the sleeper is on bright and he hears scrambling out in the cab.

She turns on him and glares, "You didn't lock the door last night!"

Mike shakes his head and looks at his watch.

"That bitch," the sound of the truck door closing sounds, "came in here and stripped! She was going to jump in bed with you! Damn her all to hell!"

Mike chuckles and it grows until he can't help but laugh. Veronica slowly starts to grin as well but she has to blast him one more time. "You would have liked that, wouldn't you?"

Still chuckling Mike pulls back the blankets for her and holds out his hand. "No, I never thought of it. I seldom lock it at night."

Veronica rubs one arm with the other and bends down to pick something up off the floor. "Ha, she left you a souvenir!" She lifts up a bra with dainty fingers and tosses it on top of him.

Mike pats the bed, "Come on, turn out the light and come back to bed. You must be cold."

She snatches the bra off him and goes out through the curtain. He hears the door open and shut again before she comes rolling back over the console and dives in under the covers to snuggle up to him. The light goes out and all becomes obscure in the predawn light that filters in through the parted curtain.

"Is that thing hard for me or Bambi?"

Mike doesn't tell her, he shows her and after all, actions speak louder than words.

They sleep another hour after making love but the need to get back to work picks at Mike's mind so he wakes and slips out of bed. As he dresses Veronica sleepily rubs his bare back.

She yawns and sighs, "I don't want to go home yet. I want to stay with you for about a hundred years. Then you can go home."

"Do you want some breakfast?"

"Gotta pee first."

"Come on then." He gets up and finds a clean shirt. She stretches and reaches a foot out to play with his leg with her toes as he buttons it.

"Could you make love to me for a hundred years?"

"Not in one session."

She giggles and he laughs with her. He says, "Come on, I gotta go, too."

She sits up on the edge of the bed, "Toss me that valise, please."

He sits it on the bed by her and she opens it. "Hmm, panties, bra, socks, what else do I need?" She rummages in it, "Oh, make up case. I have a comb in it, I think." She sits it aside. She pulls out a skirt and folded blouse. Then she finds a box of tissues and sets them aside. She closes the lid and slides her feet to the floor. Spitting on a tissue she rubs it between her legs. She grabs another one.

"Damn, it's drying and sticky." Mike grins. She looks up at him with her dimpled grin, "It's your fault! You shot it in me and now it's a mess!" She is flushed red all over. She spits on the tissue again as Mike pulls another one from the box and wets it in his small sink. He hands it to her and she uses that. She jerks, "Yikes, that's cold!" She finishes, "But it works." She reaches for her panties and slips them on. Mike does her bra up for her and soon she's dressed. She picks up her makeup case saying, "Let's eat!"

They climb down from the cab and go inside the café. Veronica goes off to the washroom and Mike sits down at a table nodding to another driver. Bambi spots him and comes rushing over.

"Sorry Mike, I thought you were waiting for me. Didn't know you had someone with you. Is she any good in the sack?"

"Coffee Bambi."

"I'll bet I'm better. It's been nearly two weeks, Mike. I miss your touch," she grins, "And everything else."

Mike scolds, "You behave today. Remember last time she was here."

She rubs her hip on his shoulder licking her lips. "You mean none of that?" She innocently nibbles on the pencil she holds to her lips and winks.

"Who's in the kitchen?"

"Boss is."

"Mmm, maybe I'll have one of those terrific omelettes of his." He sees Veronica approaching, "Would you like an omelette?" She stops by Bambi and nods. Bambi backs away from her apprehensively.

"Your bra is out by the truck." She moves between them and shoves Mike over with her hips so she can sit by him. "You should go get it, you need it!"

Bambi sneers, "He likes mine too, you know."

Frostily she replies, "I'll have coffee, too."

Bambi lifts her nose in the air and sashays away.

"What a cow!" She says it just loud enough so Bambi will overhear it. Then she turns to Mike, "What do you see in her? She likely shags all the guys that come in here."

"She's bouncy and full of life. Has a good sense of humour, too."

She laughs quietly, "You mean she gives good head."

Mike chuckles, "Yeah, that too."

"Do you want me to do that?"

"Not right now."

She slaps his arm, "That's not what I meant!" They both laugh.

"Tell you what, you be you and let her be whatever she wants. I like you the way you are."

"Thank you, my prince."

After breakfast Mike quickly gets them on the road for the coast. On the other side of the Coquihalla Pass are Hope and the valley. It is only a two-hour drive and they are rolling through the town. Mike takes the freeway through to Bridal Veil Falls and pulls off on the access road.

"Please stop for me again soon, my prince."

They are kissing by her Volvo. Mike feels some reluctance to leaving her, as well. He has to remind himself of his two wives that are patiently waiting for him. He resolves to not let this lady get under his skin so much in future but he knows he will pick her up again soon.

"I will, love."

They enjoy a lingering kiss and he packs her into her wagon. He closes the door for her and waves her off. Slowly he walks back to his castle on wheels. "Some prince!" he berates himself.

He shifts gears quickly and melds into westbound traffic. Busy with shifting and watching traffic carefully through the hilly section near Mount Cheam he waits to make the call announcing he is home. As soon as he hits the flat floor of the valley he dials Trudy.

"I'm home, love."

"Did you just get in? I was just talking to Marlene."

"Nope, I'm coming up on Chilliwack on my way in to CPX."

"Where have you been? I thought you would be home by now or soon."

"Ah, bloody hold up in Sicamous. The trailer I was waiting for never did make it. They had me take another one eventually."

"More likely some waitress was sitting on you."

"Now Trudy, my love. What's got you upset?"

"Nothing! You got two calls of significance."

"Okay, what are they?"

"Who is Constance Van Houghton?"

"No idea."

"She said tell Mike to call Connie."

"Oh, Sergeant Van Houghton. She's RCMP. Did she say what she wanted?"

"She said it was confidential. RCMP eh? Oh well, I suppose. The other one was Mr. K. L. Brant. His secretary called. He's with the law firm of McClintock, Brant and Reece in Burnaby. He just called about an hour ago. That was one of the reasons I called Marlene."

"Can you fax those numbers through to the house?"

"Done but I thought I should call you on that last one. I wasn't worried about the hussy. I didn't know she was RCMP."

"She's Janine's second in command in Criminal Investigations."

"Oh, okay. How are Jan and Ken?"

"Great last I heard. They were over last week."

"Oh yeah, I think Marlene mentioned them. I forgot.

"How come? That's not like you."

"Mike, do you know any lesbians?"

"Yep and a few bi's." He laughs.

"Who? Do I know them?"

"Well, Jan is bi. Who else? I'm not sure if you know the rest."

"How do you know she is?"

"She told me when we were on the cruise up to Alaska."

"Didn't that bother you?"

"Nope, that's her business. Why, does it bother you?"

"I guess not."

"Well, cheer up. I'll be home Thursday."

"I know! I can hardly wait, darling."

"Okay, see you then. I love you."

"Mmm, those magic words. I love you, too. Bye."

Mike clicks 'end' and dials Marlene's number. It rings four times before she answers. "Hi lover, I was on the throne."

He quips, "I hope you finished the paperwork."

She gives him a raspberry, "I'm still there, I grabbed the bedroom phone. Aren't you glad you got it with a long cord?"

Mike laughs, "I guess so. I should be home by two-thirty."

"I'll try to have something quick and hot for you."

"Oh, that's incentive enough to get me a speeding ticket."

"Your daughter is waving at you. I think she's shaking her finger."

"She's just anxious for the show to begin."

"She's sitting up by herself, Mike. She pulls herself up to watch me. She just started that and she can let go the railing but not for long."

"Okay, I'll see you in a while."

"By the way, shrimp called. Some lawyer is trying to get a hold of you from Burnaby. She's faxing you the number."

"Great, I'll check on it when I get in. Take care now. I love you."

"Oh lover, you better after all the kids I've borne you."

Mike laughs as he signs off.

Marlene hangs up and mutters, "And the one I'm carrying now, I hope."

Trudy pulled a trick on her about three months before to get her approval for her and Mike to buy a house in Chilliwack together. She also wrangled an agreement that Mike lives with her Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays each week. She feels she is losing control over their relationship so she has resolved to present him with another child, hopefully a boy. She feels desperate for his approval in all things she does for him. She loves Trudy like a sister but regards her as a definite threat to her marriage.

Mike makes one last call to Billings & Co. Ltd. at Abbotsford Airport.

"Mike Claymore calling, may I speak with Alex Billings?"

"Please hold." Mike waits.

"Mike, good to hear from you. I was expecting your call yesterday."

"I was up country. Just got back. Have your people gone over everything?"

"They have and the answer is a resounding yes. Confidentially we are glad to get rid of that white elephant. We've been using it for a storehouse but maintenance and taxes have been a pain. That's the main reason for the acceptance of your bid. It's worth a lot more but not to us. I wish you luck with it."

"I have my plans for it. That's good news, Alex. I may see you later today. If not, tomorrow for sure."

"Good Mike, see you then."

"I'll be in touch."

He clicks 'end' and smiles. Things are going along well. He decides to give his company accountant a call, as well. Passing Abbotsford he dials his number.

"Hi Anna? Is Wes there?"

"Hang on. It's Mike, isn't it?"

"Yep."

"Hang on Mike, he's on the other line."

"Have you been busy?"

"Surprisingly so. How have you folks been?"

"Emma is growing like a bad weed. We're all doing well."

"Hang on, here's Wes."

A male voice speaks, "Mike, I been thinking of you. What's up?"

"Billings gave me the okay on the building."

"Great! We have to sit down and go over your set up, Mike. I'm suggesting a business review. I think you better incorporate and set up a way of limiting your liabilities. This asset alone is over a quarter mil and when you get it set up will double in value. I think this review is overdue, buddy. Can we get together?"

"Trudy and I?"

"Yes, for sure. You know that she has been the driving force behind getting you to where you are. Even in this deal it was her that went to ING Direct. I give her a lot of credit, she has worked financial miracles but your personal and business finances are all inter-tangled. You could lose everything in one fell swoop if personal or business complications occurred."

"I'll speak with her about it. I expect Thursday or Friday will work out best. How does that sound to you?"

"It could be arranged but even Saturday we could go over it at the house. We're having a couple over for a barbeque Saturday afternoon. Would you and Trudy care to join us?"

"I wouldn't want to impose on your guests, Wes."

"No problem, they are Anna's clients and she will be sitting down with them, too."

"I'll ask Trudy. I'll get back to you on it."

"Okay Mike, I hear that diesel humming so keep it between the fences."

"Right on, Wes. Take care.

Mike pops the cell phone into the charger. Soon he's signalling for the weigh scales and pulling off the freeway. He gets called inside the scales to be informed he has a burnt out brake light on the last trailer. He checks it and finds it's just loose. Cleaning the contacts solves the problem and he heads for the terminal.

After dropping the trailers he checks with dispatch and they tell him they have nothing at this time. He heads for the car and home to Abbotsford. Marlene greets him with enthusiasm. She kisses him and pours him coffee then perches on his lap. They share the cup and flirt.

"You know you owe me. I saw you and Trudy at it when I was nursing Emma yesterday morning."

"You were peeking."

"How could I miss your bobbing ass?"

"It wasn't. We did it on our sides."

"See, you admit you screwed her." She laughs.

"Okay, you caught me." He laughs with her.

"So how do you want to pay me back; on the couch, maybe? We can't go upstairs without taking Emma up with us."

He plays his finger along inside her thigh. "We could do it right here over coffee."

"It sounds messy to lay in coffee but if that's what you want."

Mike laughs. "Silly, you know what I meant." He looks around. "Stand up over there by the counter."

She shrugs and goes to the counter but he shakes his head, "Too high." He gets up and moves her over in front of the fridge. "Not bad."

"No way, that fridge is too cold on the ass." She takes his arm and moves with him to the table. She works her bottom up on the edge of it and asks, "How's that?"

He nods but continues to look around.

"You better make up your mind. The kids will be home before too long."

"We have nearly two hours."

"I know and that's not near long enough for what I have in mind."

Mike laughs and sits in his chair again to sip his coffee. "Come sit in my lap and I'll give you a refill here."

"Goody, I need a lube job." She turns to back into his lap and pulls her skirt up at the back. She leans over the table in front of him waiting for him to undo his pants.

He exclaims, "Hold it, that perfect." He rises up behind her and slides his hand down her panties and under her caressing her vulva. He grins on finding the panties slippery and wet. She moves her bottom back and forth as he plays with her. Her panties get coated with fluids as he rubs her. She breathes a bit faster and wiggles a bit more.

He opens his pants and slips her panties to one side. Poised to enter he uses his erection to rub her. She spreads her legs more. "Hey, not too rough or we'll break the table." He keeps rubbing moving his hips only. She gasps, "Hell with it, just do it!"

She ends up gripping the far edge of the table in both hands and splashing her body in spilt coffee but the table survives. Mike sits back in his chair with his pants around his ankles. He looks at her bottom oozing semen and shakes his head with a broad grin. Still puffing she tries to stand up and sinks down in his lap.