An Offer He Can't Refuse: Carlyle

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She squeezes out, "If you... if you want... more coffee... you'll have... to get it... yourself!"

"I think you've got... it all on your blouse." He's breathing hard, too."

"Do you want... me to wring you... out some?"

She wiggles her bottom and captures him again. "Oh lover, that feels so good!"

"Are you trying to drain me for Trudy?"

She giggles, "She's a poor substitute for you." She wiggles some more.

"Substitute?" He moves in her feeling his penis growing again. "Did you two get it on after I left yesterday?"

She gets up and turns to straddle him and seats herself again. "Uh huh."

Mike looks in her eyes, "She wouldn't start that. You initiated it, didn't you?"

She smiles, "She loved it. I wonder about her."

Mike kisses her cheek and plays with a nipple inside her blouse. "Did she come?"

"Oh boy, like a bitch in heat!" She kisses him on the mouth starting to slide up and down in his lap. Mike looks sceptical as he moves with her. She adds, "Her cute little pussy sure gets long and big when she comes. I bet her and Jan could really have fun." Mike reaches to grip her bottom and really starts pounding up in her. She laughs and moves with him until they cry out and grab each other.

Soon after Mike is in his office checking the faxes. He thinks about what Marlene has said and dismisses it but it keeps coming back to bug him. Finally he picks up the phone and calls Trudy.

"Darling, did you call that lawyer in Burnaby?"

"Not yet. Marlene has kept me busy since I got home."

"I bet. I wish you were here, I'd do the same thing."

"She tells me you got it on with her yesterday."

"Oh god, she told you?"

"Any reason why she shouldn't?"

"Oh Mike, I didn't want to but I didn't know how to stop. I'm so very sorry, so very sorry." She is crying.

"Trudy love, it's no big deal. I just didn't know you would enjoy that sort of thing."

"Oh Mike, I didn't mean for it to happen. I think I caused her to do it and I feel so bad about it now. I was showing her my hair down there and how I trim it. Suddenly we were doing it and I didn't know how to stop."

"It's okay love. It's perfectly normal when stimulated for you to do that. It's just like masturbating with someone else, that's all."

"Maybe that is why I did it with her. I trust her because we are so close and we share you. It was like we both were just masturbating together. I thought you might not like me doing it so I was worried."

"Love, you can do whatever makes you happy. I love you just the same. I better go make those calls."

"Okay... Mike?"

"Yes."

"I don't want to do that again with a woman."

"Okay, I love you."

"Thank you, darling. I love you so much. Bye.

Upstairs Marlene leaves the area at the head of the stairs smiling. She is reasonably pleased with herself having spread the seeds of doubt and suspicion. From what she has heard of Mike's side of the conversation she thinks he's upset with Trudy. Now if she can just get pregnant and present him with another son he will never leave her.

Mike calls the law firm of McClintock, Brant and Reece.

"Hello, this is Mike Claymore. I'm returning the call of Mr. Brant, please."

"One moment, Mr. Claymore" It's a pleasant female voice. She asks, "Is that Mike Claymore of Claymore Security & Investigations?"

"Yes it is, ma'am."

"Can you hold for Mr. Brant, sir? He's on a call at this time."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Thank you. It shouldn't be long."

Soft recorded music replaces her voice and Mike leans back in his desk chair flicking the 'hands free' button. He hears a voice and grabs the receiver but it's only an advertisement for the law firm aimed at vehicle accident victims. He tilts his chair back again and stretches his legs. After three minutes he wishes he had a cup of coffee and after five he thinks he might as well work on something else.

He pulls out his 'to do' files and sorts through them. Then he hears a crackling noise and the pleasant female voice asking, "Are you there, Mr. Claymore?"

Mike speaks towards the phone, "Yes ma'am."

He picks up the receiver and flicks the 'hands free' off. He hears, "Mr. Brant will take your call now."

Then a deep male voice, "Mr. Claymore, I have been requested by a client to ask of you, your assistance in an investigation of a murder. It is my client's opinion that you come highly recommended. Would you agree to a meeting with my client, sir?"

"I'm interested, of course. May I ask who your client is, sir."

"Ahem, I'm afraid they prefer to remain anonymous at this juncture, sir. They simply request you meet with them soon, if you are interested."

"I can hardly judge my degree of interest if I don't know who wishes to hire my services."

"Am I to take from that you are not interested?"

Mike thinks that over. The party continues, "My client has instructed me to provide a generous retainer if that helps you reach a decision, sir."

"Generous?"

""They have instructed me to provide one hundred thousand up front to offset expenses." Mike whistles softly to himself.

"Is this crime that I'm to investigate in this country?"

"I'm not at liberty to discuss that, sir. That will be made clear in the meeting."

"I see. And where is this proposed meeting to take place?"

"My office at your convenience but within forty-eight hours, sir."

"Tomorrow morning then at ten. Does that fit the schedule?"

"I will set it up for that time, sir. Please be punctual."

"Good. I'll see you in the morning." Mike looks at the phone and realizes he is talking to a dead line. He hangs up the phone and replays the call on his answering machine. He habitually tapes client calls for his records. He notes that the lawyer hung up after he had said "Good". He replays it again and whistles. "One hundred G's!" He is just making plans to buy a building at the airport for one and a half hundred thousands of dollars. That would sure be nice to add to his account. On thinking it through he realizes it must be a job that is going to incur high expenses. That's the only thing that makes sense.

He picks up the next 'to call' item and calls Mrs. Constance Van Houghton at the number listed in the memo. A gentleman answers the phone. "I believe Mrs. Van Houghton was trying to reach me. A message was left while I was up country on Monday."

"Connie's at work. Ask for Sergeant Brinkman. She is still using her maiden name at work. Do you have the number for the Clearbrook Detachment?"

"I do, sir. Thank you very much."

"Good day."

Mike makes the call to the police detachment next.

"Clearbrook RCMP, may I help you"

"Sergeant Brinkman, please."

"May I say who is calling?"

"Would you tell her it's Mike Claymore returning her call?"

"One moment, please."

Shortly Connie comes on the line, "Mike?"

"Yes Connie."

"I need to talk to you. Can you meet with me?"

"When? Where?"

"I'm off at four. Can you meet me out front or in the parking lot?"

Mike looks at his watch. "I'll be there."

"Thank you, Mike." She hangs up. Mike puts papers in his briefcase and files others thinking, "She doesn't want anyone at the detachment to overhear what she has to say."

On his way to the police station he reflects on Connie and their last meeting on the night before she got married. She's a tall lady of five foot eleven with a slender build. She has brown wavy hair with soft brown eyes. Very plain but extraordinarily sensitive and very sexy when aroused. Again he thinks of that night before her marriage.

He pulls into the parking lot and drives around the perimeter checking for the picnic table just over the back of the lot. It's still there surrounded by manicured lawns and shade trees with the diverted brook nearby running behind the lot. Some of the officers eat lunch there. He returns to the area by the side door of the offices.

Some uniformed officers come out chatting and a number of women and men filter out going to their cars. Mike watches for her as cars leave the lot. Finally she steps out the door looking around. Mike flashes the lights and she waves sparsely heading his way. Mike waves her around to the passenger side and reaches across to open the door. She slips in and sits with one leg on the ground.

"Connie, it's good to see you." He glances at her middle and says, "What is it, five months now?"

She places a hand on her expanding midriff, "It really shows, doesn't it? I figure about five months."

"Close the door. What's troubling you?"

Hesitantly she slides inside and pulls the door shut. "I'm slated to work the desk starting next week. Jan has arranged for me to stay on till I'm six months at least, I'm hoping for seven."

Mike starts the car and she says, "I can't go anywhere. I have to get home. I can only spare about half an hour." She has her hand on the door handle.

"Just going over to the lunch table. More privacy there." He nods at the cars leaving.

"Oh! Thank you, Mike. You are always so considerate." She sits quietly brooding as they cross the lot. Mike parks overlooking the table and gets out. He opens her door and gives her a hand down the bank.

Out of sight to all she visibly relaxes placing a hand on his arm as he helps her get seated and sits beside her.

"Now, congratulations Mrs. Van Houghton. That comes first. I haven't seen you since before you married. May I kiss the bride?"

"Oh Mike, you know where that leads. Thank you for your good wishes though." She thinks a few minutes and her eyes grow softer. "We shouldn't have done that the night before my marriage. I don't blame you, Mike. It was my fault."

He takes her hand, "You know that's not true, I wanted you as much as you wanted me that night. So what's troubling you now, love?"

"Mike, do you still want me... I mean to work for you?"

"You're thinking of leaving the force?"

"Yes. I'm going to work until I have to take maternity leave. That will cover me for up to six months after the child is born. Then I want to leave if you can use me."

"That might work out well for both of us. I plan on having my Abbotsford office in use by the late fall but I could schedule an official opening installing you as office manager next spring. In the meantime you could help me set it up when you're on leave. You would have a lot of input into the plans from the ground up."

Connie looks excited now, "You can use me then?"

"Of course I can, I offered you the position a long time ago."

"That takes a great weight off my shoulders. Thank you so much, Mike. I better go now." She goes to get up but Mike shakes his head.

He says, "Something else is wrong, Connie. What is it?"

"It's nothing." But she sits down again and moves closer.

Mike lays a hand on her shoulder, "Is it your marriage?"

"He's not the same." She has a troubled look on her face. "He's kind and considerate, gentle even when he's there. He's so busy all the time."

"What keeps him so busy?"

"He doesn't tell me." She moves closer and speaks lower, "Oh Mike, I thought we would be together all the time and share our thoughts. He shuts me out."

"Is this something recent?"

"I think it has been that way since we married. Jan says I just have to have patience, that close sharing happens over time. I hope she's right."

"Was he like that when you were dating?"

She thinks about it. "He was to some degree but I think he shared more with me then than now."

Mike rubs her shoulders, "I think Jan might be right. It does take time and he is shouldering a lot more responsibilities now." He pats her tummy with the other hand. "And you have this little bundle on the way. That is likely hanging heavy over his head, too. Give him time to face up to his new life. I'm sure he'll come around."

"Do you think so, really?" she is pleading for him to say yes so he does. She kisses him on the cheek, "Thank you Mike, you have set my mind at ease so much today. I have to go." She looks into his eyes so close to her own. She moves her lips to his momentarily and tears herself away. She jumps up crying, "I'm sorry. Oh, I have to go." She runs up the bank not waiting for him.

Mike reflects on the taste of her lips then slowly heads up the hill behind her. She's across the lot getting into her car. She waves as she leaves. Mike waves back to her.

He drives home slowly thinking about the lawyer he is to meet with the next day. Marlene is putting supper on the table when he comes in.

She greets him with a kiss; "You're just in time for supper." She winks, "Want to take me under the table?"

Mike says, "Shush, the kids. Do you want them to think their father is a letch?"

She grins, "I think they know him already."

Rick comes bounding in right behind him so they are all there for supper and it's a noisy meal. Jan and Shelly chatter about what's happening in their world while Rick chats with his dad about his girl friend, Julie. Marlene throws comments into both conversations and Emma chatters to herself in her playpen in the doorway.

After supper Mike retires to his office to go over plans for the new office. He tries to picture it in the building out at the airport and knows he has to go out there with the plans to visualize it correctly. He thinks about doing that tomorrow when he gets back from Burnaby. He decides Connie should see it too. He dials her at home.

"Hello."

"Connie?"

"Yes, is that you Mike?"

"Yes, I was just going over the plans for the new office and wondered if you'd like to see it on the site. I'm thinking of going out there sometime after lunch tomorrow."

"Where is it?'

"On the airport property down the first crossroad on the left. It's one of the storage and mechanics' buildings along that road. The first one is Kingsley Copters and next is the one I'm buying. Can you get away after lunch?"

"I'm off tomorrow and Thursday. I'd love to see it." She laughs; "You said I'd be in on the ground floor. I guess you meant it."

"Okay, I have a ten AM appointment in Burnaby so we better set it up for two. I may be late but I think I can make it. See you there."

"Okay, bye."

Mike digs into the paperwork for about an hour and is just closing things up when he hears a car in the drive. He watches for legs to go by his basement window and smiles when he sees Janine's trim ankle with Ken's solid boots. He quickly closes things up and heads upstairs.

Janine is an old flame that worked for CPX years ago in Calgary. She divorced her husband and came to the west coast to find work. She was hired by the RCMP and after training worked undercover. She has now worked her way up to heading up the Criminal Investigations department locally and is Connie's boss. She also found Mike again on the coast and was a frequent host to his sexploits.

Ken is the local police chief of the Matsqui & Abbotsford Area Police Department. He was a classmate of Marlene's and her one time lover. His wife had been killed in an auto accident over two years ago before he had become the chief. Due to a rift in Mike and Marlene's relationship she had taken Ken to her bed again secretly.

Mike was instrumental in bringing Janine and Ken together while working on a murder case three months before. Now they are a couple and good friends of Mike and Marlene's.

Janine is saying, "Just popped in for a visit and to see Emma." Her and Marlene are hugging by the side door in the kitchen. Mike waves over them to Ken and he nods back. Mike opens the fridge and holds up a beer. Ken nods again with a grin.

Janine says, "Hey, me too!" Mike pulls out three and looks to Marlene. She shrugs and nods. He sits out another one. Ken and Mike sit down at the table while Marlene leads Janine into the living room to see the baby. They are quiet because she is asleep but they come out with Janine carrying her. "She was waiting just to see me."

Marlene says, "Just as well. She's been getting through the night occasionally without nursing lately so it's good she's awake now."

Emma has become fascinated with Janine's breast and is trying to pull her blouse open. She pushes her hand back and Emma struggles up to reach over her hand. "Is she ever strong!" She talks to Emma, "You are just like your daddy, and you can't leave a tit alone."

Everyone chuckles and watches the wrestling match. Finally Marlene takes her and she let's her open her blouse. She eases her bra over the breast and Emma settles down to nurse noisily. "I'll let her have a little now and the rest before we go to bed."

Janine watches them and rubs her hand up and down the inseam in Ken's lap. She turns to him and murmurs, "Are you going to help me make a little Emma, Honey?"

He smiles, "I think it might be better if we were married first."

She snuggles up to his chest looking up at him, "It isn't really necessary; it works with or without."

Ken goes on, "Which reminds me, I have something for you." He digs into a slash pocket on his light jacket and brings out a tiny box, "But you have to promise to marry me before I give this to you." He opens the box to reveal a sparkling ring.

Janine studies it, "Is this a proposal?"

"Do I have to get down on one knee?"

"With me it's both knees or nothing."

He promptly slides off the chair and down on his knees he takes her hand. "Janine Dempster, I humbly ask for your hand. Will you marry me?"

She looks across his head to Marlene, "What do I do now?"

"Say yes, you idiot!"

She looks at Ken with an impish grin, "Let's see that ring again."

Marlene heckles, "Hurry up or I'll tell him yes." She winks at Mike.

Ken places the ring on her finger. She holds out her hand admiring it. "Oh Ken, you've won me like a prize in your popcorn. I'm all yours."

She throws her arms around his neck and kisses him. She breaks from the kiss resting her head on his shoulder and winks at Mike. "I suppose this means I have to give you up, Mike. Sorry."

Mike laughs and puts an arm around Marlene's shoulders. "I'll get by, love. I'm a survivor."

Janine sighs and says, "Ah, but will I?" She gets up and rushes over for Marlene to see her ring. Mike steps around to shake Ken's hand and congratulate him. Shelly and Janet come to see what all the excitement is about and Marlene has to pour them pop so they can all toast the newly engaged couple. It's beer bottles up to Janine and Ken.

Shortly after they leave Rick comes in from Julie's. He says he's tired and goes right up to shower first and head to bed. Marlene watches him and mutters to Mike, "You know why he's so tired. He's your son, you have to speak to him."

"I will love, I will." He goes on reading the paper.

She calls Shelly and asks if the girls have had their bath yet. She then instructs Shelly to help Jan get hers and take one herself. She comes back and sits down with Mike. He lowers the paper.

"Mike, do you think they are a good match?"

"I do think they are, yes."

"She's so tough and he's a gentle man."

"Ken didn't get to be chief by being gentle."

She mulls that over, "I suppose he's a lot like you really. But you are a gentle man under all the bluster."

"Hush, that's a secret. How would I survive if all the crooks knew that?" He chuckles. "They're well suited, love."

"I'm going to nurse Emma and get her settled for the night. Are you coming up soon?"

Mike puts the paper aside, "Would you like me to bring her up for you?"

"Thank you, lover."

Mike is very gentle with her that night because he knows that she is still morning deep inside the loss of Ken's touch.

Chapter 3:

July 9

He wakes aware of the cool air on his skin. She has kicked off the covers during the night. He can't remember her getting up so he decides Emma must have slept straight through. He listens but she isn't fussing.

1...34567...30