An Unexpected Distraction Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mr. Kyle paused and leaned toward Steven. "Harold will be in Houston until I send his replacement. And that's you, Steven."

Chapter 162

"I thought Steven was coming over tonight."

"He was, Katie. He sent me a text message saying he couldn't see me tonight and he would call later to explain," Theresa replied, as she walked in the door.

Theresa tossed her purse on the breakfast table and walked over to Katie to hug her. She stepped back and asked, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"That he is leaving again?" Katie offered with a sigh.

Theresa turned, walked into her bedroom and collapsed on her bed. Face down. "I'm not going to cry," she thought.

Katie came in and sat next to her. She ran her fingers through Theresa's hair to sooth her mood.

"It could easily be something else. He may have had something at that martial arts school he attends."

"I'm not going to think about it. It will stress me out. I'll just wait until he calls me," Theresa barked.

"OK... I'm going to start dinner. Are you OK?"

Chapter 163

"Steven... This is what I promised you when I hired you. Frankly, you are doing much better than I expected. Professor Wilson underestimated you when he called me," Charles said.

"I'm grateful for the trust you have given me. Thank you. Thank you, Mr. Kyle. Thank you, Mr. Campbell. I don't know what to say," Steven said, with shock and surprise.

"You say, 'when do I start?'" Mr. Kyle, mused. "I need you there in two weeks. Charles... You're up."

"Steven... This is a letter to you from Mr. Campbell as Senior Partner. We are promoting you to Senior Project Engineer effective tomorrow. Your new salary appears in the letter. To justify the expenses for you to move to Houston, you will need to be there for the next 12 months. As you know, the Houston bank project is scheduled for completion in 9 months. You will remain in Houston for 3 months supporting the proposal group in bidding for city, county, state, and privately funded projects. You may even manage some projects during this time. When your 12 months are up, you likely will return to Kansas City for assignment. The attachment to the letter lists the monies we will give you for moving expenses and incidentals such as penalties for breaking existing housing leases. Mr. Kyle."

"Steven, I know this is sudden, but, I needed to do something quickly. You know I have come to depend on you for "drop everything and get it done" projects. I consulted Charles on who to send, but, we both knew who was going. Do you have any questions?" Mr. Kyle asked.

"May I choose my staff? Engineers?" Steven asked.

"Charles," Mr. Kyle redirected.

"You may have anyone you want," Charles replied.

"OK... Thank you, again," Steven said, with gratitude.

"Are we done here? I have reserved a table for dinner," barked Mr. Campbell.

Everyone rose and congratulated Steven with handshakes and slaps on the back.

"Mr. Kyle, Mr. Campbell. Will you excuse me and Steven for a few moments? I would like to have a word with him, please," Charles said.

As they left out of ear shot, Charles spoke, "You deserve this, Steven. But, I see the look on your face. Is it, Theresa?"

"Yes... Don't get me wrong, Charles. I want this assignment. I just don't know how I'm going to break this to her. I've been back for less than 3 weeks."

"When you figure it out, call me. Let me see how I can help," Charles said.

"Charles... I have some questions I didn't want to ask a few minutes ago," Steven said.

"OK."

"Was I the only person considered for this assignment?" Steven asked.

"Yes."

"I have another question. You don't have to answer, if you don't want to."

"OK."

"Why wasn't Jenny Wells considered for this assignment?" Steven asked.

Charles looked Steven in the eye and said, "Jenny will get her opportunity soon. Very, very soon. She is being groomed for her next assignment and the Houston bank project did not fit our plans for her. When you hear about her next assignment, the Houston project will look like a playground in the city park." He paused...

"I will expect this to be confidential until Jenny receives her assignment."

Chapter 164

"Come in, Steven."

"Thank you, Katie," Steven smiled.

Theresa was standing across the living room when Katie let Steven through the door. He had called to say he had good news and wanted to share it with her.

"This good news you have. Is it good for you or good for me?" Theresa chirped.

Steven set some papers down on the end table and approached Theresa. He took her in his arms and looked for a sign. He took the back of her neck in his hand and pulled her into a kiss. She responded with her own hands and pressed him hard against her lips.

When they broke their kiss, Steven stepped away slightly and held her hand.

"I love you. For both of us. It will depend on you," he replied.

Theresa was confused and it appeared on her face.

Katie began to leave the room so they could talk and Steven stopped her.

"Katie... Please, stay. I want you to hear this, too."

Steven gathered the sisters to the chair and love seat in the living room. Sitting next to Theresa he began, explaining what had occurred during the day and early evening.

While Steven was telling his story, Theresa had mixed emotions. She was proud of her man for his accomplishments and the trust his employer had in him. But, he was going to be away for a year.

"How is this going to work for us," she thought. She felt intense emotions welling up in her chest.

When Steven finished speaking, he paused and gazed into Theresa's eyes. He briefly glanced to Katie, and returned to Theresa.

"Theresa... Will you come with me to Houston? To give ourselves a chance?" he pleaded.

Theresa didn't know what to say. Steven's request was unexpected and caught her by surprise. She turned to Katie and found she was just as shocked.

"Steven. How?" she replied.

"I have a plan. I will lease two apartments for us. One for you, and one for me," he replied. "And... I would like for Katie to come also, so you won't be lonely. The two of you will live together, like you are now. This way, I can continue to chase you. Like you asked."

Theresa felt tears welling up in her eyes. She looked at Katie, and her eyes were welling up, too.

"You would rent an apartment for me so I could be near you?" she sobbed.

"Of course. I think you will be a good investment." he replied, quoting Theresa when they were at the Astros game.

Theresa began sobbing uncontrollably when she heard her words returned to her by the man she loves.

"Please say yes, Theresa. Let me chase you."

Chapter 165

"Relax, Steven. I've already spoken to Momma and she's been working on him for two days."

Steven wasn't so sure. Sitting in the parked car in front of the Quinn home, he was a little worried about the reaction he was about to receive.

"Theresa... This is another first for me. I am about to ask a father if I can take, not one daughter, but, two daughters, halfway across the country, for one year. A daughter, by the way, who has only known me for 5 months. If I were a father, I would think I have sinister designs for my daughters," he sighed.

Theresa and Katie burst out in a gut laugh. "You're overanalyzing this, Steven! I can't believe what you are doing for me and Katie. Not only are you renting our apartment, you are trying to find us jobs when we get there. What man would do this if he doesn't love me?" Theresa asked.

As they approached the front door of the Quinn home, they were met by Big Mike and Mrs. Quinn on the porch. Big Mike... didn't look happy.

After hugging and kissing his daughters, Big Mike said, "Come with me, Steven. Let's pour ourselves a drink before we talk."

After the drinks were poured, Big Mike led them to the kitchen table to sit down.

"With all due respect, Mr. Quinn. I would like for Mrs. Quinn, Theresa, and Katie to be here with us, please," Steven requested.

Big Mike nodded.

After everyone gathered around the kitchen table, Steven told of his promotion and the circumstances for his transfer to Houston. He also told of his plan to take care of Theresa and Katie and to help them find jobs.

And finally, Steven said, "As I told you the first time we met, Sir. I love Theresa. Like I have never loved anyone before her. I have asked Theresa for the chance to explore our love for one another, so it may mature. Or... Fail. She has agreed to try."

"You have the money to pay for two apartments?" Big Mike asked.

"The salary increase I received with my promotion will pay for the apartment I have offered to Theresa and Katie. I plan to save money by leasing an efficiency apartment for myself," Steven replied.

Big Mike shook his head and pulled a sip from his Irish whiskey. "I've never heard of such a thing as this."

"Mike!" Mrs. Quinn barked. "Have you forgotten? Forgotten what it was like when you and I were their age? We couldn't be without each other. We were miserable when we were! They are only asking each other for a chance to love each other more. And, if there are any problems, Katie will be the first to let us know." She then turned to Theresa and Steven. "Steven, Theresa. You have my blessing if you do as you say." She turned to her husband and asked, "Mike?"

Big Mike spoke with a firm tone, "Theresa... He is taking two of our daughters who have never been away from us before. They have never lived anywhere except here. Kansas City."

Mrs. Quinn returned his comment with a cold stare. Then she said, "They want to go with him. They trust him. Let them go and explore things Kansas City doesn't offer. Stop trying to shelter them."

After an awkward pause, Big Mike spoke.

"Katie, you will call if things don't work the way Steven explained?"

"Yes, Sir."

"Theresa... What if he breaks your heart and you are far away from us?"

"I will have Katie."

"Steven... If it doesn't work out the way you explained, you will come to me to discuss it?"

"Yes, Sir."

Another awkward pause. Then, Big Mike gulped the last of his drink and set the glass down hard on the table for effect.

"OK, then. When do you leave?"

Chapter 166

"Katie, I have permission from my boss to hire you for a support position at the job site. It pays $20 per hour plus benefits. You will do spreadsheets, typing, run errands for supplies, bring lunch for working meetings, and support the engineering and construction staff when they need help. You will be kept very busy and you will earn every dime. Do you want to try it?"

"Wow! YES!" Katie screamed. "Did you hear that, Theresa? I will be working for Steven!"

Steven interrupted, "Not quite, Katie. You will be working for Tiffany. The engineer I hired to take the lead on engineering subprojects on the construction. It wouldn't be right for you to work for me, and you, the sister of my girlfriend."

"It's still great!" she yelped.

Theresa looked to Steven with a wide grin. Steven returned her smile.

"Now for my girlfriend," Steven smirked.

Theresa's heart stopped. For a second.

"I asked Mr. Campbell to speak with the country club manager at Seven Hills. The manager called around to the country clubs in the Houston area and found two openings that may fit your experience." Steven said. "One, is a food service manager for the day shift, and the other is a head bartender responsible for all lounge and banquet activities serving alcohol. The club manager for the head bartender job wants to interview you the day after we arrive. Interested?"

"Steven! I don't know what to say?" Theresa said, in a stunned tone.

"You say, 'You're a good investment, Steven!'"

Chapter 167

"Did you hear about Jenny?"

Steven was wrapping things up in his office, when he overheard someone walking past his office. He rose from his chair and began hearing chatter down the hall. A small crowd was gathering near Jenny's office.

As he stepped out of his cubicle, he saw others walking toward the crowd. As Steven approached, he found Charles standing away from the crowd, admiring the scene in front of him.

"Hi, Steven," he said.

"Hi," Steven replied.

He strained to see what was going on. There, near her office, Jenny was receiving well-wishers, smiling and giving each person her attention.

"I told you last week this was going to happen. About Jenny," Charles smirked.

"That's great," Steven said.

"We did the same for her," Charles offered. "Just like you last week. We brought her to the club and promoted her. She is going to work for Bob McCutchen on the Striker Building we won two weeks ago. She will be the First Assistant Construction Manager, reporting to him."

"You weren't kidding about the project she was getting. 75 floors, right here in downtown Kansas City," Steven said, in amazement, with a hint of jealousy.

"Steven... You and Jenny are the two brightest engineers I've seen. You both deserve what you have been given." A pause. "Did Theresa's sister take the job you offered?" Charles asked.

"Yes... She's looking forward to it. Thank you for helping her," Steven said, in gratitude.

Steven stood on the fringe of the crowd watching Jenny receive her congratulations. "She is so gracious with her actions," he thought. "She's also pretty this morning."

As the crowd began to thin, Jenny looked up and saw Steven smiling. As she approached him, Steven said, "Congratulations, Jenny. Wow. The Striker Building. I admit, I'm jealous."

"Thank you, Steven. It means a lot coming from you," she said. "I'll be working for Bob McCutchen."

"Charles told me. You're going to learn a lot from him, Jenny," he offered.

"I'm excited. The magnitude of the project. Second in charge. I get shivers," she giggled.

"You're going to be great. Mr. Kyle chose you to do this," he said, with a wide grin.

After an almost awkward pause, she said.

"I'm going to miss you after you leave."

Chapter 168

"I like this one, Theresa."

"I do, too, Katie." Theresa said. "The efficiency Steven wanted is in this complex, too. Just two buildings over. It's a little over budget though."

"We may have to cut back on some things to help, but, I don't mind. I like Houston. There is something about this place that gives it energy," Katie chirped.

Theresa turned to the apartment manager and said, "We'll take this one and the efficiency we saw earlier. My boyfriend and I will sign the contracts when he gets home from work. Will that be OK?"

"Yes, Ma'am."

Chapter 169

"I got the job, Steven. I start on Monday"

Steven had just returned from work. The three of them were still in hotel rooms until their furniture arrives from Kansas City.

"Great! Celebrate? The three of us?" Steven asked.

"I don't think Katie is going. Tiffany worked her like a sled dog these past two days and she collapsed on her bed an hour ago!" she giggled. She took his hand, pulled herself close, and whispered, "I need to thank you for getting me the job. Interested?"

"I don't know. I think you landed the job. I just helped with getting you the lead," he smirked.

Theresa replied with crossed arms and a stern look...

"Are you interested or not?"

Chapter 170

"That was intense. I think we... uh... may be getting better at this."

Theresa nearly passed out after going a round with Steven. She had seen colors everywhere, then white. Her eyes were still rolling back into her head from the orgasmic aftershocks. She could barely catch her breath. She tried to roll over to touch Steven, but, nothing would move.

"I'm... I'm... I'mmmm..." she slurred.

"I am, too," Steven chuckled, catching his breath.

After a few minutes, Theresa rolled over and placed her head on Steven's chest and began stroking his chest hair with her fingers.

"We haven't done this since I left Houston a month ago. I think we are getting better," she giggled.

Steven smiled as he rolled out of bed. "I'm going to clean up."

Theresa's eyes followed her man as he walked to the bathroom. His condom covered cock swinging back and forth and then, his cute buns... wiggling with each step.

"I'm so lucky," she thought.

Then, her phone rang.

She rolled out of bed and checked the ID. It was Katie.

"Hi, Katie," she said, as she jumped back into bed.

Steven was returning from the bathroom with no condom. He leaned against the bureau to admire Theresa as she reclined nude on the bed. Theresa winked at him.

"Where are you?" Katie asked.

"I'm with Steven," Theresa said, as she noticed Steven was only get one side of the phone conversation. She grinned.

"Are you in his room?" Katie asked, again.

"Yes."

"Are you naked?" Katie persisted.

"Yes."

"Is Steven naked?" Katie giggled.

"Yes."

Theresa was nearly to the point of laughing.

"Did youuuuuuu......?"

"Yes," Theresa laughed.

"Did you make him pass out?" Katie chuckled.

"No."

They both laughed a gut laugh.

"I'm hungry. Loan me a ten?" Katie said.

"Sure... My purse. In the wallet. Any more questions, Katie?" she chuckled.

"No... Have fun!"

"I'll be back in say.... Two hours," Theresa giggled.

She tossed the phone on the bed and reached her arms out for Steven to join her.

"I see you were responding over there while I was on the phone. Like what you see?" she giggled.

"Yeah... You're beautiful, sexy, erotic. A fantastic lover. Why wouldn't I respond to you?" Steven offered.

As Steven crawled into bed next to her, he asked.

"I would like to ask you some questions that have been on my mind. Nothing serious. Just to satisfy my curiosity. OK?"

Chapter 171

"Yes."

Steven was admiring the sight on his bed. His girlfriend was nude, reclining in the bed, talking on the phone with her sister. He was leaning against the bureau, also, nude. He couldn't keep his eyes off her breasts. They wiggled erotically each time she giggled or laughed. "Sexy," he thought. He was responding just looking at her. He felt his cock swelling and becoming heavy with blood. His balls twitched. He took no action to hide himself.

Theresa tossed the phone on the bed and gestured for him to come to her.

"I see you were responding over there while I was on the phone. Like what you see?"

"Yeah... You're beautiful, sexy, erotic. A fantastic lover. Why wouldn't I respond to you?"

As Steven crawled into bed next to her, he asked, "I would like to ask you some questions that have been on my mind. Nothing serious. Just to satisfy my curiosity. OK?"

"Sure. Ask away," she chirped.

"Did you tell Katie what we were doing?" Steven asked.

"I didn't have to. She guessed," she giggled. She turned on her right side to face him, looked to his loins, and smiled.

"Do you think she minds?" he offered.

"No... She wants me to be happy, and I tell her I'm happy when I'm with you," she replied.

"Change of subject. The woman on the fishing charter. What did you say to her?" Steven blurted.

Theresa started laughing. "Steven, I will always tell you everything when it involves us. But, sometimes, a woman has her secrets. This is one of those times," she replied.

"OK... Secrets," he mused.

As she laughed, her breasts wiggled... erotically. It was so irresistible not to reach out and touch them. Steven was straining... For restraint.

"This may be too personal, and you don't have to answer. Your breasts are perfect for your body size. Sensual, sexy, and erotic. I'm curious. The size?"

Theresa's eyebrows went up. "You're an expert on bra sizes, now?"

"Perhaps my curiosity shouldn't have come out of my mouth."

"32C... Sometimes 32B. Wow, I didn't expect that question. I do have nice boobs, don't I? I'll tell you this. There is nothing more erotic than dragging my nipples across your chest hairs. It drives me... wild," she giggled.

Steven's cock and balls twitched at the thought of her nipples against his chest.