An Unexpected Distraction Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Theresa... My brother would like you to think I grew up in some cave somewhere. Besides, I too got over it. Taking jalapeno seeds to school in your freshman year in college got me over it very quick!"

They all laughed.

Chapter 180

"So... What's he like?"

"Joe? Well... He's 20. He'll be 21 in November. He's studying civil engineering and minoring in general business, and..."

"Theresa! Stop teasing me," Katie cried.

Theresa giggled loudly. "OK." A pause. "Katie... He might be a keeper. He has blue eyes and Steven's dark hair. He's fit like Steven and I'm pretty sure he's an inch taller. Wears blue jeans, cowboy boots, and button-down shirts. He's wearing a cowboy hat, and he looks good in it."

"So... When do I meet him?" Katie asked.

"They're coming over in 20 minutes. We're going to a seafood restaurant on the bay," Theresa replied.

"20 MINUTES? THERESA! HELP ME FIND SOMETHING TO WEAR!"

Chapter 181

"Come in, Steven. You too, Joe."

Steven noticed immediately Theresa was wearing the royal blue sundress she was wearing when he met her parents. She was gorgeous. Her hair in a messy ponytail with strands caressing her face and neck. "I'm so lucky," he thought.

Steven and Joe were in their typical western wear... That, which is worn on the South Plains of Texas.

Theresa was smiling slyly at Joe waiting for his reaction. Then... Katie stepped out of her bedroom.

Steven was flabbergasted. Katie was wearing the same yellow sundress Theresa wore when he picked her up from the airport in Houston. She was absolutely gorgeous. Her hair, too, a messy ponytail with strands of hair caressing her face and neck. He had never seen Katie so beautiful. He looked at Theresa.

Theresa gave him a subtle shake of the head and the look of "Don't you dare say a word about the dress, or else."

Steven nodded. Steven was surprised he was able to read the wordless message sent to him by Theresa.

Steven looked at Joe. Joe was paralyzed. Staring at Katie. Theresa was giggling. He had never seen Joe look like this. Then, out of nowhere, Steven said, "Theresa, I'm familiar with this look. I believe it is the look I had when I met you at Big Mike's."

Theresa chuckled. "You know, Steven. I do remember this look when I asked if you wanted a drink."

Katie, graciously walked across the room, stood in front of Steven, and asked, "Steven, will you introduce us?"

Steven was paralyzed with Katie's beauty, then, shook his head to gather his thoughts.

"Yes... I'm sorry. Katie... This is my brother, Joseph. He has come to visit me this weekend." A pause. "Joe... This is Theresa's younger sister, Katie. I spoke of her on the phone with you."

Katie stepped toward Joe, and said, "Hi, Joe."

Joe didn't say a word. He just looked into Katie's brown eyes with a smile.

Then... He spoke.

"Katie... Steven called me to tell me of you. I'm sorry for staring. But... You are as beautiful as your sister. I'm glad I came here to meet you."

"Thank you, Joe. I, too have been looking forward to meeting you. I believe you are more handsome than Steven," Katie chuckled.

Steven and Theresa stood aside to let the newly introduced couple visit for a few minutes.

"So... What do you think?" Theresa offered.

"I've never seen Joe like this. This is a first for me."

"Katie seems to like Joe."

Chapter 182

"Katie... Tell me about your family."

Theresa, Katie, Joe, and Steven were driving to the restaurant where Theresa sold her fish.

Theresa turned to Steven in the front seat and winked.

"Joe, I love my family, and... Theresa and I are very close sisters. We are Irish twins," she giggled.

"Irish twins? I don't understand," Joe asked.

"Theresa and I were born in the same year. Theresa in January and me in December. Siblings born in the same year are Irish twins," Katie offered.

"That is so cool," Joe barked. "Tell me more about your family."

Theresa and Steven smiled to each other while listening to the conversation in the back seat of Steven's car.

They dined on the long porch overlooking Galveston Bay. And still, Steven and Theresa were admiring the gaze their brother and sister had for one another. Katie and Joe were engaged in lively conversation and were holding each other's hand within 30 minutes.

Steven then suggested they go to the bar to give the new love birds some privacy.

"Can you believe it? I think they like each other!" Steven barked.

"Look at them. They're so cute!" Theresa chirped. "Do you think that is what we look like?"

"Absolutely."

Chapter 183

"I'm going to miss you tomorrow night. I wish I could go the baseball game with you, Katie, and Joe."

Steven had Theresa in his arms and they had just completed one of their passionate kisses to say good bye.

"No chance of you getting out of the wedding reception at the club?" he asked.

"No... Rick insisted I work the reception. Said I was too good not to be there. Seems a wealthy member's daughter is getting married and he wanted all the best staff available," she sighed.

"Wow... You've already made the A-team? I shouldn't be surprised. I've seen your work at Big Mike's. You ran the place well," Steven remarked.

"Thank you, Steven. I'll be thinking of you while the Astros get beat," she grinned.

"I love you, Theresa Quinn."

"I love you, Steven Bonds."

Chapter 184

"So, Theresa. What do you think? Joe, I mean."

"I think I should be asking you that question. I saw the two of you in a pretty romantic first kiss a few moments ago," Theresa chimed.

"I couldn't help myself. He's so handsome. He's cheerful, funny, smart, gentle. Great kisser. If he is anything like Steven, I think I may already be in love," she mused.

"Wow, I've never heard you say something like that before. Are you sure?" Theresa chirped.

Katie paused, then said, "No... But, it's off to a wonderful start. Don't tell me you didn't think Steven was special when you met him. I think Joe may be something special for me. And, I think I want to find out more about him. Am I crazy for being swept off my feet so soon?"

"Absolutely not!" Theresa barked. "Sometimes, special people enter our lives without a reason attached. It has now happened to both of us." She paused. "You two looked so cute when Steven and I left you alone. I'm happy for you, Katie."

"Thank you, Theresa. But, his eyesssss! They're so Bluuue! They're hypnotic!"

Chapter 185

"Steven... Tell me more about Katie. She's so beautiful."

Steven and Joe had just arrived at Steven's apartment from the evening at the restaurant.

"Joe... Katie is one of the most interesting women I've ever met," Steven offered. "Along with Theresa, of course. It's amazing how the sisters in their family take after their mother. I will say, Katie has a playful case of sassitude. She likes to get you to say something you wouldn't otherwise say. And, she loves Theresa. They were practically raised in the same crib. Their ages are so close together. When I asked Theresa to move to Houston to explore our relationship, I asked Katie to come also. They are that close."

"There is something about Katie that is special. I sense it. When we first touched hands, I got goosebumps and shivers down my spine," Joe said.

Steven perked up at Joe's comment. Theresa does the same to him, he thought. "Katie has it too? Katie had touched him and he didn't get goosebumps. Why Joe? What is it with these goosebumps and the Quinn sisters?" he thought.

"I need to study for most of the day tomorrow if we are going to the game in the evening."

Chapter 186

"Theresa... This reception was perfect! Your staff did wonderfully! Did you see any problems I didn't see?"

"Rick... Everything went well. We didn't run out of anything. I did catch one of the bartenders taking too long on a break. He was out back smoking. I told him we needed him inside. I don't think he liked the glare I gave him." Theresa replied.

"Great! Keep them guessing, Theresa. When your staff is finished cleaning up, I would like to check things out before they leave, just in case something needs attention. OK?"

Chapter 187

"Can you believe it? Katie caught that foul ball right out of my glove. It's embarrassing. Especially when it was broadcast on the video board."

"She's got some reach when it comes to foul balls," Steven replied. "These Quinn sisters have some obsession about foul balls. Theresa threatens me with an elbow if I try to catch it before she has a chance at it."

"I was happy for her, though. She is beautiful, even when she's waving the ball in my face and barking, 'Want it? Catch it. Want it? Catch it,'" Joe mused.

"She does seem brutal. Everything else went well? The two of you had a good time?" Steven asked.

"You're asking because Theresa is going to ask you, right?" Joe barked. "Tell Theresa I had more than great time with Katie. It's an absolute blast to be with her. Tell her I might find myself visiting you more often this semester. You know. Drive up after Friday morning classes and go home late Sunday morning. Would you mind?"

"No, I don't mind. It's always good to see you, Joe. I work on Saturdays, so you can have the apartment quiet if you need to study. Or, alone time with ... mmm... A beautiful woman," Steven replied.

"Thanks, Steven."

Chapter 188

"Look what I caught?"

"You caught a foul ball? That's great, Katie! Tell me about!" Theresa chirped.

"You're not going to believe it. I caught this ball right out of Joe's glove. Yeah! He had a bead on it and I jumped up and put my glove in front of his and snatched it from him! You should have seen his face! He looked a little pissed!" Katie screamed.

"Katie! That's great!" Theresa screamed.

"Do you know what he had the nerve to tell me after the game? He said he was going to call the police for stealing the ball from him. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and started dialing! Oh, Theresa! He is so much fun!" Katie yelped.

"Katie... You look so happy."

"I am. But, I might have hurt our future relationship with this ball. Joe asked if we could go to the beach tomorrow. I hope not to drown me!"

Chapter 189

"So... Tell me about this foul ball."

Theresa and Steven were walking hand in hand along the surf line. Steven was reflecting on how beautiful these two sisters were. They were wearing sexy bikinis with white sheer beach cover ups to protect their milky white skin.

Katie and Joe were walking hand in hand a few yards ahead of them.

"I think Katie has a mean streak I've never seen. Not only does she snatch it from Joe's glove, but, waves the ball in his face, chanting, 'Want it? Catch it!'" Steven replied. "I felt sorry for Joe. And I never felt sorry for him in the past!"

Theresa was gut laughing. "She told me, Joe threaten to throw her in jail for theft!"

"Yeah! He did do that. Katie thought it was hilarious." He paused. "I think Joe's hooked. He asked me if he could come to visit more often this semester. I think they are talking about it right now. See." Steven gestured to the love birds.

Katie and Joe had stopped walking and were looking into each other's eyes. They were holding both hands with each other. Katie was smiling and nodding her head.

Theresa chirped...

"I think that means a 'Yes'."

Chapter 190

"Did you see Joe when he took off his shirt at the beach?"

Theresa and Katie were relaxing after a day at the beach. Their men were coming over to their apartment later with hamburgers from the diner down the street.

"Yes! Yes, I did! Do you want to trade boyfriends?" Theresa chirped.

"NO! Don't you dare try, either. I couldn't keep my hands off his chest! It was like a magnet!" Katie yelped.

"Did he tell you how he got so toned?" Theresa asked.

"Swimming. He swims 3 times a week at the student recreation center on campus. He says it relieves the stress from his studies and it helps him to sleep. I would love to see him in the pool," Katie mused.

"Steven told me Joe asked if he could visit more often this semester. Did he mention anything to you?" she asked.

"Yeah... He asked if he could see me if he made the trip. He would like to call me. I gave him my number and he has already called me. He wanted to make sure it wasn't a fake number I gave him! He said he wasn't sure after threatening to throw me in jail over the baseball," she giggled. Katie paused...

"He seems wonderful. Almost too good to be true."

Chapter 191

"Look at them. They're so cute!"

Steven and Theresa were looking from a distance. Katie and Joe were saying good bye to each other. Joe was leaning against his pickup truck and Katie was in his arms. They had brief kisses between brief conversations. Then, Joe held her close and kissed her for a few moments. Katie had her left hand behind his neck pulling him firmly against her lips.

Joe opened the door to his truck and looked back with a smile. Then, he was gone, waving his arm from his window.

Katie returned his wave and followed the truck out of sight.

"Ahhhh," Theresa sighed.

"I think you and I may have a successful career in match making," Steven mused.

"Come on. Let's go get Katie and walk her back to the apartment."

Chapter 192

"Joe wants to return in two weeks. Asked if he could see me."

"Steven thinks he can make money in match making," Theresa mused.

"It's so long distance. He's lives on the other side of Texas. What did you and Steven do when he was here the first time?" Katie asked.

"I cried a lot. He was lonely. And, when he got a few days off, we made every moment count," Theresa replied. "I try to do the same now, because I never know when he may leave again."

"He said he would call me when he got back to Lubbock." Katie paused. "Do you want to go for lunch? Just you and me? Girls?"

"Yes... Yes, I do. Grab your purse and let's go," Theresa replied. "I would like to spend some girl time with you today. I'll call Steven and tell him what we're doing."

"Thank you, Theresa. I just need you right now. Like sisters do."

Chapter 193

"STEVEN! COME NOW! IT'S KATIE!"

Tiffany barged into Steven's office and announced she needed him. Steven had been in the office for 2 hours and Katie had complained of a tummy ache earlier in the morning.

"Katie! What?" Steven cried.

"The pain. It hurts, Steven!" she cried.

"Tiffany... Help me get her to lie down here in the hallway. Mark! Call 911. We need an ambulance," Steven barked.

Steven felt Katie's tummy and she flinched in pain. He felt her head and ears. She was burning up with fever. "I think she has appendicitis. Get some cool water compresses and place them on her head."

Tiffany ran to the break room for the towels and returned.

"The ambulance is on the way, Steven," Mark yelped.

"Good! Go to the gate and wait for them. Bring them here!" Steven ordered.

"Tiffany, I'm going with Katie. You're in charge. After we are gone, call Theresa and tell her to meet us at the hospital. Call Charles, too," Steven directed.

"Of course," Tiffany barked.

"Steven! It hurts so much!" Katie cried.

"Katie, Sweetie. The ambulance is on the way and, I will be with you the whole time. I won't leave you," Steven said, with the best reassuring tone he could gather.

"Hold my hand, Steven!"

Then, she tried to vomit, but it was dry.

Chapter 194

"Good morning... My name is Dr. Betz, the ER doctor. I'm afraid Ms. Quinn has appendicitis. See here?"

Dr. Betz was showing an image to Theresa on the computer screen. Katie had calmed down from her pain due medication she had been given. She was dozing off.

Dr. Betz explained, "I have contacted the surgeon on-call. She is in surgery now and she will be here in 20 minutes to brief you. She likely will remove the appendix through a procedure called laparoscopic surgery. She'll make 3 small incisions in Ms. Quinn's abdomen and insert a camera, light, and surgical instruments. Then, she will cut the appendix away from the colon, close the incision, and remove the appendix through the incisions in the abdomen. Here... This is a video to show you what Dr. Brock will do."

He gave Theresa a handheld tablet to see a video.

"Steven... Thank you for being with Katie when she needed you," Theresa said, as she hugged him tight.

"Theresa, I admit. I've never seen anyone in so much pain. It scared me," Steven replied.

"Terrrrzzzaaa. Issss that yourrrrr?" Katie moaned.

"Yes, Katie. I'm here. I'm holding you," Theresa cried, with a sob. "The doctor is going to make you better, Sweetie. She is going to remove your appendix because it is infected. And, I'm going to be here with you the whole time."

While Theresa held Katie, Steven told Theresa the story at the construction office, the ride on the ambulance, and the actions taken in the emergency room.

Dr. Brock entered Katie's ER suite and introduced herself.

"Good morning. I understand you are Ms. Quinn's sister."

"Yes... My name is Theresa Quinn. This is my boyfriend, Steven. He brought Katie to the hospital," Theresa replied.

"Ms. Quinn. If everything goes as I expect, your sister will be discharged tomorrow afternoon. With 3 days' rest, she can return to work with some lifting restrictions. Fortunately, it appears the appendix has not ruptured. I need to get in there quickly to keep it that way. In just a minute or two, hospital staff will be in here to take Ms. Quinn to the operating room. After surgery, I will see you in the waiting room and tell you what we found. Do you have any questions for me?" Dr. Brock asked.

"No, I have no questions. Thank you for helping Katie," Theresa sobbed.

"I'll see you two in the waiting room."

Chapter 195

"Steven... Thank you for the homemade chicken soup. It's delicious."

"You're welcome, Katie. Tiffany is happy you are getting better and have returned home. She told me to tell you, she isn't getting any work done now, because you aren't helping her!" Steven chirped. "She says to hurry up and get back to work!"

"Thank you, Steven," Katie sighed, through a tiny pang.

"Joe will be here tonight and wants to be with you until Sunday," he reported.

"I can't wait to seeee hmmmm.......," she said, as she dozed off.

Steven chuckled as Katie fell asleep.

When, Steven returned to the kitchen, Theresa said, with a grin, "Momma wants you to call her. She wants all the details on Katie.'

"Of course. Katie just fell asleep in mid-sentence. It was cute," he mused.

"You know what else is cute?" Theresa chirped, with a sly grin. "You."

Theresa moved in on Steven and took the back of his neck in her hand. She pulled him in for a kiss of passion.

Their tongues and lips dueled in pleasure. It nearly got out of control.

Chapter 196

"Shhhhhhhh."

Joe was using his finger to tell Theresa to be quiet, when she entered the living room. Katie had fallen asleep on the couch. Joe was studying while sitting in the chair, keeping an eye on her.

Theresa spoke in a whisper, "You two are so cute. Joe, Katie told me last night she's happy you came to see her. I think she may have a pretty hard crush on you."

In a whisper, Joe replied, "I have a hard crush for Katie, too. I hate to think I must leave in the morning to return to school." Joe paused and dipped his chin. Then continued, "Theresa... Would you and Katie consider coming to our family home for Thanksgiving?"

Theresa was surprised with Joe's request. She quickly considered she had not met Steven's parents and brothers and sisters.

"Joe, I'll talk with Steven and Katie, but, for now. I would love to meet your parents," she said.

Joe set his books and notes on the coffee table, and rose from his chair. He approached Theresa and held her hand.

"I'm falling for Katie."

Chapter 197

"Joe invited Katie and me to meet your parents."