All Comments on 'An Unexpected Friendship'

by bb319

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This was a hamfisted, awkwardly written mess with barely any erotic value, but I kind of love it in a cheesy way, 5 stard

MaonaighMaonaighabout 3 years ago
Hypocrisy...

...thy name is fundamentalism (and various attached 'isms'). I think this is the first story of yours I've read, bb. I found it a very strong condemnation of all that is wrong with certain branches of so-called 'Christian' denominations. We've got our assorted religious bigots in the UK but I doubt that any would go so far in public as some of the US fundamentalists do (in private, perhaps, but not in public). My sole critical comment is that given the power of the story, I would have preferred a little more exploration of the main theme and a little less sex. Otherwise, five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Loved it!

Hope you'd consider another chapter or two!

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenabout 3 years ago

Loved it! Thanks for sharing this with us!

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94about 3 years ago

Well I know you wrote the fanatic's correctly since I felt physically ill. I also appreciated showing them as true hypocrites, I have always believed something is up when "thou doth protest too much". Don't like Shakespeare but this is often true. Thanks for a great story have liked them all and even loved a couple. My crazy romantic heart sings with joy when I read these.

CeVin_ChienElleCeVin_ChienEllealmost 3 years ago

Welp, Moanaigh pretty much covered it.

About the only thing the [i]story[/i] didn't cover was the extremely pernicious "love the sinner but hate the sin" hypocrisy that less fundimentalist sects pitch--kind of an "all lives matter" blindness that allows a self satisfied, "look how tolerant I am" sanctimoniousness. 5 ⭐.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As a conservative the only thing that preacher said I agreed with was the roe v wade everything else was just a dick spouting hate.before any future comments bash me for being anti women's rights the scotus decided that abortion was upto the states to decide not the federal government. Meaning if you want abortion legal in your own state then you vote for it but NOWHERE in the constitution is abortion a right.learn before you scream at someone who doesn't agree with you. 99%of pro abortion people are also pro Vax mandate the hyprocosy of my body my choice does not extend to the unvaxed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This sounds like some lesbian call to the wild but is more of a teenage boys girl-girl fantasy. Trash.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. Hypocrisy is always with us but stories like this will help. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

When you traffic in caricatures, expect to get blasted. You wrote Christians as you wish them to be. Convenient straw men that you can blow down without running out of breath. This story is burdened by so many sad tropes that intellectually honest lesbians should be embarrassed by it.

If someone wrote a story characterizing all lesbians as man-hating, third wave feminists intent on destroying everything built in the western world and threatening the continuation of the human race, how would you react? If this author had an ounce of courage, this story would have written real characters struggling with a changing world that doesn’t end in wish fulfillment but the messiness of a life populated by frail, imperfect people that rarely produces results neatly wrapped up in shiny paper and a bow.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbb319@bb319
In the movie "Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle", there is a moment near the beginning where Dorothy Parker types "Please God, let me write like a man." For me, it's the opposite. Although I am a straight man, I don't much care for erotica written by other straight men. Us...