An Unexpected Romance Ch. 090-099

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

James submitted to Angela's request. He agreed to the statue, with conditions. The biggest request, life size only. Not one and a half times life size.

"I will be using a new process," she offered to James. "There is an engineering studio where lasers are used to map the contours of the human body. In very fine detail. I will have a child model and a woman model to represent the mother. The three of you will pose in this concept and the lasers will begin the mapping of your bodies. A computer will store the data from the lasers. After the mapping is completed, you're done. I will have your bodies 3D printed in plastic and use that to cast a plaster form for the bronze pour. When the bronze is released from the plaster, I will touch up the imperfections of the plaster and bronze processes. It will look just like you are now."

Angela turned to James and held his hand.

"I'm proud of you, James Young."

Chapter 98

"It's the top of the ninth with one out. Coastal Plains holds a three run lead over the Pine Hills College Bisons. Young is in the stretch with a man on first. Here's the pitch."

KLANG!

"Holtz snags the grounder, flips it Metzger, and Metzger throws to first! A 4-6-3 double play to end the game! Coastal Plains wins its season opener at home, 4 to 3! Jack McDonough records his first win and Michael Young comes in for relief and records his first save. And that's all from Tiger Field in Thessaly, Texas. This is Hector Herrera, for Coastal Plains College Radio."

The small crowd barely could make a roar for the Coastal Plains Tigers. But, Angela was there with Kelsey and Marsha. Michael's parents were present, too. They leapt from the stands to congratulate the players as they left the field for the locker room. They were the only students in attendance and the players appreciated it. Pete Metzger stopped to chat up Kelsey. Marsha was talking to Nick Angelopoulos.

And Angela... Waiting for James to leave the dugout.

"Congratulations, James," she beamed.

"Thanks, I think you scared the Pine Hills left fielder when he tried to catch that foul ball. I've never heard a yelp so loud right when he was about to catch it."

"Yeah! Did you see the dirty look he gave me when he came off the field to change innings?" she laughed. "That was a great 'hit and run' you gave Baker and Nick. It was perfect! It put us in the lead. And, how about Michael? Seven batters and six outs!"

"Yeah! His fastball is getting pretty good. And his changeup has them guessing. Supper at my house tonight?"

"Yep!"

"Hi, James!" Cathy called out with a wave. "Great game."

James waved at Cathy and David and was about to reply when Michael brushed past him and took his mother into his arms.

"You played terrific, Michael," she beamed, as she released her son.

"Thanks, Mom. Thank you for being here."

Michael turned to his father, shook his hand, then hugged him.

"Great job, Son."

"Thanks, Dad."

As Angela, Cathy and Michael talked about the game, David stepped over to James and shook his hand. "Thanks for helping him. He looks happy."

James nodded and replied, "No thanks needed. I consider him a work in progress." James chuckled. "He's looking good. Still early in his college career, though. I think he may make D1, just not yet." James paused and considered his words.

"It's good you're here, David. I'm convinced if you and Cathy come to his home games, he will never forget it. He will play his best because you are here."

David nodded his agreement. "We'll do our best to make every home game."

James then turned his attention to Angela. She was looking at him with a huge smile enjoying her man with his brother.

Chapter 99

"Angela, I want to talk. About us."

Angela pushed her notes and biology book away with a smile. "Let's talk," she giggled.

James left the couch and sat at the kitchen table next to Angela.

"I'm... Uh... You and I have talked about children and how much we love each other."

"OK, I find it curious you bring up children and I'm studying biology!" she mused.

James chuckled, "OK... It wasn't on purpose. That talk we had is several weeks old, now. I want to know if your feelings have changed. With children. You're still planning to finish school a year from May?" He paused. "To still be with me? A future?"

"Yes, I want a future with you. Yes, I plan to finish school in May next year and I want children with you. Lot's of them. I want little James' and Angela's everywhere!" she giggled.

James smiled and took her hand.

"I have to say this." He paused and swallowed hard. "It's about my wealth. I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but, before you say anything, I want you to know my stance."

Angela's grin disappeared. She waited patiently for James' next comment.

"I believe you truly love me," he began. "I have never loved someone so much as I love you. Mr. Turner told me, if we were to marry, without an agreement in place, in Texas. And, if things didn't work out for each of us and we couldn't be together any more, you would get half of everything I own. I want you to know, I love you so much, if that were to happen, I would want you to have it. Without question. If I said this in a way that hurts your feelings, it would break my heart. It wasn't on purpose. I just want to make sure, before you made any decision about us, how I feel about you. I also don't have any experience discussing money and love in our situation. When so much money is involved. I hope you don't think harshly of me right now."

James paused to let Angela gather her thoughts. He continued, "I love you, Angela. Money or no money. I love you because money doesn't seem to be important to you. Only your love for me."

Angela thought a moment or two about James' comments. She tilted her head and looked him in the eye.

"I believe you. I believe you are sincere in your words and your intentions. I loved you before our first date, and although I knew you were wealthy, I didn't want you for your wealth. I want you because you are handsome, inside and out. I knew it when you stopped on the side of the road to help me. I also know that money is fleeting. If your business affairs are mismanaged by others, you could find yourself, not so wealthy. I would still love you, no matter what."

She paused to gather her thoughts. "If you and I decided to have a long future together, with lots of children and happiness, I don't expect to have your money to enjoy our love and children. It has no value to me. I only need that which makes me happy with you. Your love, and lots of children who are like you."

She returned another smile to him.

James rose from his seat and knelt in front of Angela. She turned in her seat to face him. He took his arms and placed them around her body in an embrace. She curled her arms around his neck and head. They looked into each other's eyes with love.

"Thank you," he said. "I love you, Angela. More than you know."

"Oh, I do know," she replied. "Because you are in my heart."

12