All Comments on 'An Unfaithful Wife: Brad's Story'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 149 Comments (Page 2)
BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 4 years ago
Well done

Congrats on another great story.

RanDog025RanDog025over 4 years ago
I GAVE THE STORY 5 STARS

BUT WHY WAS I THINKING THE STORY WAS ABOUT HIS SON? IT STARTED WITH HIS SONS PROBLEM WITH HIS WIFE! OH WELL.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not Only Was Babe Ruth

The home run leader for decades, he led the league in strikeouts five seasons. At least this time the husband showed balls for a few minutes but wallowing in all of the misery and self doubt was too much. I don't hold grudges but I have a very good memory for those who deliberately fucked me over or who abandoned our daughters. I guarandamntee you I wouldn't be dancing with Carol anytime, ever. For some it takes a long time after college to get an education. Thought it was interesting that Carol "moved up" twice, three times if you count her first marriage, but still was aware of Vernon. If not already it won't be long before she is more than aware. Often the best revenge is living well. An interesting little tale, not your best, but it took effort to write and I didn't mind reading it. Signed: BTW

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
its funny how many commentators

are ok with anything a woman does. He took the high road, he never bad mouth the mom to the kids. He was a good man for not involving the kids. Yet he doesn't have custody, he has supervised visits, she got to move her lover in the house. She gets half of his retirement and everything else financial. And yet many of you call him a good man. I call him a fucking moron, it's like calling a thief, a person who's looking out for your best interest. Many of you think defending yourself as bad and getting fucked in the ass, as taking the high road. I'd rather be considered an asshole.

MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
OK

Not a bad story. Husband did the right thing by divorcing the monkey branching whore.

Robby_DRobby_Dabout 4 years ago
What a Man

So Carol perpetually cheats on Brad, dumps him for her lover, humiliates him, alienates the kids from him and Brad's manly response is "Hah, I'll teach her to fuck with me. I'll suffer from low self esteem!" And then, one day, in what might as well be a completely different story, he falls in love again. Big deal. It would have been nice to have seen at least some sort of consequences for Carol's treatment of Brad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
5 Stars

My Wife left Me for a guy without a job .. We had only been married for 4 Years . Her and her Boyfriend thought She would get Alimony from Me .. My Lawyer was not that good But hers Sucked .. I kept my pension also .. She got Nothing ++ He did give her a Baby then He left .. She wanted Me to Take her back .. I Still laugh about that .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A good tale

Very believable. Never heard of a case where the husband goes postal on the wife’s belongings, usually the wife makes a bonfire of his stuff then regrets it when she finds his stuff was valuable and she could have been awarded some in the divorce! I agree with some comments that the structure was long and too wordy. My biggest problem was you never find out his sons problem.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
hmmm,

If this story had a map, you would be all over it. ;0)

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Nice story when the hero wins in the end...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hypergamy is real

And in this instance goes by the name Carol

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

The money shot, the raison d'être of this whole work: " ...Carol needed to divorce me; it wasn't about jobs or money, or power or prestige, it was because Carol always knew I was the better person. I was better than Carol; she was the one who was inferior, it had been her who failed, not me."

.

Carve it in stone.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensabout 3 years ago

5* — I have known people like Carol. I feel sorry for them because they can never know true happiness. Great story! Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I liked it.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

On the fence of giving this well written piece 4 or 5 *. The whole premise was the talk with Brad on his marriage, but we never go to that. This is the second story from you that demands a follow-on but it's not there. WTH? aright, 5* it is...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You want us to relate to such a foolish and gullible man?

Are you insane? Why do so many authors do this? Being as stupid as your protagonist has devastating real world consequences. To a family like in this story, to a business. For instance, a father protects his children, how exactly is he supposed to do that if he marries a cunt who runs around on him and fucks with his children's head?

I mean come on guys, put a little forethought in your characters

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The premise of this story is that Brad is the better person, more mature than Carol but that's not the story that's actually told. What we really have here are two immature characters: a boy who is madly in love and a girl who settles. She knows she deserves better and goes for it when she gets the chance. Of course, as in most of these stories, she's made a mistake. He grows up, finds someone more in his league, and lives happily ever after. She, not so much. Ho-hum.

SouthdownSouthdownalmost 3 years ago
As the World turns?

So much like a 'Hallmark' story but I am a sucker for the good guy getting a happy ending. 'Carol' wasn't evil, just not sure what she wanted... That's not a crime, sometimes it is a character defect but, hey! we all have them in greater or lesser measure. I had my own 'false start' but won the race in the end! This was a really good story, nicely told and well written. I gave it 5***** reflecting my own personal enjoyment in reading it, Thank You.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

Good story. Lessons drawn. Don’t waste time on women who date Vernons. Don’t fall in love with sluts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A story on female domination. Marriages are about equilibrium. Mutual respect. Equal authority. Either the husband's or the wife's submission are immensely prejudicial to a marriage. What we saw here were a husband totally divested from any authority, therefore a non person.

skruff101skruff101over 2 years ago

An anonymous comment a while ago asked why authors create stupid and gullible characters, well it’s the only way any of these stories get to work. Anybody that has an IQ in double digits is never going go through the BS that authors pile on to their MC’s.

Well written as always, well written nonsense but nonsense nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Is what Carvohi writes the norm for American men? They know their girlfriend is not faithful …they know she passes it around and they still get married to that girl in the hope that she will suddenly become some pure faithful wife after marriage? Are all of them delusional or is it the culture where everyone around is promiscuous? Mom …dad…aunts…so it’s considered the norm?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

When will the writer ever write about men with spunk and balls?? All his MCs are so so emasculated in life…almost like paper mache creatures …

EgregiousEgregiousover 2 years ago

Well done. One of the most realistic cheating wife stories I have read to date!

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerabout 2 years ago

I love your stories! 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

cunt

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Well written story, the storyline was really good and ended well with Brad ending up getting his well-deserved happily ever after. I wish the storyline would have had Brad suing the first doctor and hospital, but that was not to be. Overall, it is a 5-star story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I always appreciate a story where a good person gets knocked down and like the song, gets up again!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Carol is a typical narcissist. Narcissists use manipulation tactics to get what they want, and monkey branching is one method they use to maintain their narcissistic supply. When it comes to humans, monkey branchers perpetually prepare themselves for the next best thing. They have their eyes peeled on a new person or relationship even when they appear to be committed to you. As a result, they swing from tree to tree, hopping onto whatever next thing looks exciting, and their moves are intentional and rehearsed.

Narcissists are never happy with what they have- at least not for very long. They always want more, more, more. time always reveals their true motives- the more attached you become to them, the more they start devaluing you. Monkey branching is self-centered and harmful. It’s a selfish way for narcissists to meet their needs, and many people get hurt in the eventual crossfire. It isn’t worth bombarding them with questions. Even if you want a meaningful explanation, a narcissist can’t give you one. They will either deny or downplay the behavior. Or, they will turn it onto you by accusing you of being controlling, paranoid, or insecure.

Narcissists often know exactly what they’re doing– they just don’t care.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Overall a good story. I felt the writing up to the divorce was a bit disjointed and not the easiest to read. The writing after that was much better and had better flow.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 1 year ago

Fabulous and relatable. My mom left me and my dad when I was in jr. high school. She and her new man decided they would be better off if I stayed with my heartbroken dad. She didn't want me either. Carol, can rot in hell.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

Good story, but I really want to know what happens with the daughter-in-law.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Carol's duplicity was something else, oneitis is a bitch tho.

The dude's mother fucking around on the crippled dad... stomach churning, sickening etc.

BriteaseBriteaseover 1 year ago

What a great story. The bit at the end where the wife regretted the break up sounded very familiar, and was something I had wished for. But by then it didn’t seem very important anymore.

Ocker53Ocker53about 1 year ago

Another excellent story, Carvohi, is hitting these stories out of the park⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

ALL women constantly test their relationships. It can be as innocent, as demanding the next SUV has a third row seat, or the next house has brick on the front. This is ingrained, in their DNA. Unlike men, who can be happy getting older and fatter, women are usually very hard on their evaluation of themselves, from a physical standpoint. And sometimes, they seek out, or respond to flirting that boosts their self confidence. That, combined with the husband giving in on “ little things”, causes them to feel confidant in “ testing the waters”. So here is some advice to those of you thinking of getting married. Make her work for it. You don’t have to be controlling or mean, or dominate the relationship. But don’t let her dominate you, either. That promise of “ better sex” if you allow her to stay home and raise the kids, will be over in a few months. But she will stay unemployed, until she decides to go back to work, maybe years later, or never. Having your wife off when a kid is born, could be a good thing, but have her do daycare out of your house, at the same time. Decide how much each of you contribute to the finances. Let her save up her own money, and spend it on what she wants. Wifey will be happier in the long run, than if you made her ask you any time she wants money. This is the way- 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

The obligatory, never-ending backstory, 98% of which was irrelevant to the bloody story. Ever notice that editors cut 95% of this crap out of real literature? Way too much extraneous detail.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Quite well done. Seemed quite realistic. NPD is a a bitch. My father had it. Really sucked growing up. Of course led to my parent's messy divorce. The only thing I disagree with is the idea that Carol was partly acting out because she knew her ex husband was superior and thatbshe was in the wrong. True narcissists never reach that stage. Ever. It is quite sad. Everything wrong is someone else's fault. Uggh.

kalash777kalash77711 months ago

I loved the story. The brilliant thought: "maybe Carol had found what she was looking for at sixteen and had it taken away. That was kind of sad in a way". It said it all.

MarkTwineMarkTwine7 months ago

Your shitty story was only made worse by injecting your ignorant religious beliefs.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

In looking for a wife a wise man look for a great personality and a pleasant face that lets that personality shine.

Such a small part of life is pent in sexual relations, and the afore mentioned when truly loved will give unselfishly of her entire self. Lose that good perspective and expect to pay terrible consequences.

The message from the author is powerful and the writing top notch.

The Hoary Ceric

Opinionated1Opinionated17 months ago

great story! a sad beginning as many great tales have.

this could have been a lot longer and more detailed story,

but you chose to keep it basic and uncluttered. The pace

flowed nicely! 5 stars!

MissMudMissMud6 months ago

Liked it better the second time through. Not sure why exactly. I liked it the first time- 4 stars. Now I wonder why I did not give it 5. Oh well. It gets 5 this time!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Not worth reading.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I kept waiting for the father's advice to his son. Was confused for a lot of this. What do you have against Saabs?

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWanted3 months ago

Loved the reference to WKRP.

Schwanze1Schwanze13 months ago

Read again. Good story. Very good.

Moral of the story: If she dates the bad boys, she’s not wife material. Not even for bad boys.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Relieved. No BTB, no sentimental reconciliation, but a struggle to find balance and confidence again. It felt nice and normal for two conscientious and wounded people to heal and find happiness. Nice story.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous