All Comments on 'An Unfaithful Wife: Brad's Story'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 148 Comments
oshawoshawalmost 9 years ago

An excellent beginning, can't wait for part two.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
ALL IS NOT WELL THAT STARTS OUT SO-SO

on 1/2s part, the old lookie no touchie should prevail. TK U MLJ LV NV

chytownchytownalmost 9 years ago
Well Written

But boring as hell. Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Boring as hell! Too many fucking words! Here's 2 examples:

“I had; and still have a younger brother and younger sister”

All that's needed:

‘I have a younger brother and sister.’

"Little sister, her name was, is, Susan"

'Little sister Susan.’

Other paragraphs are just repetitive, you really need to work on cutting down on the amount of words you use to say THE SAME THING! An editor WOULD help you to do just that!

MattressThrasherMattressThrasheralmost 9 years ago
Poorly written

You have the makings of a good story but because of your poor writing you lost my interest after the first page.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 9 years ago
Damn

I didn't think it was boring. I thought it was a great tale. Carol was a real piece of work. Hopefully her life is full of pain and regret. As far as our hero, he found his true soul mate and lived happily ever after.

I guess to some of the younger crowd this might have seemed a little tedious. Maybe you need age and experience to fully appreciate the work. Excellent job.

Five Stars

dyonysosdyonysosalmost 9 years ago
The key to the story

I think you said it yourself in the end "Oh, and it helped a lot that her parents made her stop seeing Vernon. "

Forbidding a girl to see her first love can be very distressfull for her later life,i think Carol was,like you said,looking for something or someone she wil never find and living in the memory and the good times from the passt,she wil never be happy,not even close

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 9 years ago
I'm sorry but I have to agree with the earlier comments about "boring"

Nothing every happens. I'm waiting for something to happen and nothing ever does. Its like lighting a firework and the thing turns out to be a dud.

Sorry, you've done much better.

Richie4110Richie4110almost 9 years ago
Outstanding

Your treatment of the human condition is absolutely brilliant. Exploring the chaos of a broken relationship is the entertainment I really appreciate in reading your stories. This one has met your high standards.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
wow i hope

this was just a story if anyone thinks brad is normal i feel sorry for them, she was a pig but he was an idiot and the story was another matt moreau piece of garbage.

BriteaseBriteasealmost 9 years ago
Great writing

I had 'five stars' in my head before I got half way through!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Wow

5 stars !! After reading about Carol thought this was and should have been btb story, but I can see this is about Brian's two lives .,.. One living with Jeckel/Hyde and the other life .. Living with his true love. Brian actually be thankful to Carol. He was able to move away from adulter and scheming bitch. To find his true gem and toss the cubic zirconium

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
A good cigarette, maybe, but no cigar.

How stupid do you make a character before the story itself becomes stupid? Should we swallow the relationship with Carol because her actions eventually led to his life and romance with Sheena? You kept sticking his inept disconnected undiscerning personality in our faces so that after a while I was rooting for Carol to fuck the dumbass some more. Just one evidence of his stupidity: no DNA test for the kids?

But your premise was his preparing notes to advise his son how to deal with the son's doubts about his wife's fidelity. Which suggests his son is just as stupid as he was. Which means, like him, his son will just have to sit back and take what women dish out to him. Because he does not have the gumption to be a man and a husband. If Sheena had not taken the initiative Brad would still be a lonely bitter single parent. So Brad essentially lucked out. His son's good luck may have run out sooner.

The problem is simple, and extremely difficult: You don't take shit off your partner, and you don't let doubts linger. Love is not blind, people too weak or frightened to see the truth are. You can't save a love that doesn't exist, and you can't make the other person love you. You have to meet your partner halfway, and have the confidence and respect that they will meet you halfway, if they want to. And if they won't or can't meet you half way, then you have all the proof you need that the relationship is not good. Fixing it or ending it depends on the details.

Brad's son should be talking to his wife, not his father. And like most women, if she's fucking around that's a symptom, but not the problem. Having the courage to determine and confront the problem is the real unknown. It was Brad's deficiency from the beginning of his relationship with Carol. Maybe he can teach his son that, but nowhere do you indicate Brad ever got the balls to confront reality.

A good thought provoking story, but lacked drama and intrigue for a great story.

Concritic123Concritic123almost 9 years ago
Excellent.....

Loved it. Great read. Thanks for the offering.

nonethewisernonethewiseralmost 9 years ago
best revenge is a life well lived

I never really understand why these great guys are so blinded by women who turn out to be so one dimensional. Carol is portrayed a a selfish, goldigger who not only dumps Brad, but basically abandons her kids with Brad. This is a pretty lousy person. I often would like to see a BTB when somebody behaves like her, but Brad's landing in a better place is a actually more satisfying.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 9 years ago

A really well written story, five stars. It portrayed the realities of life, marriage and divorce very well. Of course not all are like this, but a lot of them. The portions of the story where he is starting to interact with Sheena are excellent. The fear, mistrust and lack of understanding of what was happening between them is well done with a bit of humor thrown in. Good women like Sheena are out there, sometimes they will find you when you think you are doing just fine all by yourself.

WindySwimmingWindySwimmingalmost 9 years ago
Enjoyable Read

Well written. Particularly liked the Brad's character development. His evolved comfort with his identity & ultimate acceptance of Sheena into his life is touching & particularly appealing. Hope to see more stories from you soon.

Benedict12Benedict12almost 9 years ago
Insightful as Always.

You are certainly right about one thing. Your regular readers should have no difficulty in picking out your heroine as soon as she appears. As to the story itself the narrative captures the real pain implicit in the break up of a marriage. Although I tend to favor reconciliation there are times when the foundation of the relationship is so irretrievably shattered that no recovery is possible. That is certainly the case here.

bassraybassrayalmost 9 years ago
another great story

You have a great perspective on the human aspects of relationships. People are meant to be good to one another. We each get rewarded in subtle ways for being good to one another. This story was great at showing that sticking to one's true self makes people ultimately bullet proof from the shallow less whole people of the world. It's not who gets the most pussy which counts. It is who can give to others when they need it that counts.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 9 years ago
A Day Plan Destroyer of a Story !

Herky-jerky , decisively non-linear is a very iffy route to choose in terms of story disclosure. That's carvohi's style and usually that's ' a bit much' in terms of my preferred tastes . This time , however, it just clicked like a purposefully leaping and stuttering Charlie Parker tenor sax solo. Full marks. *****

impo_61impo_61almost 9 years ago
A very good story...full of emotions...

A very good story...full of emotions...And all is well when ends well...4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Enjoyable

Your writing style in this story is rather different. If the story wasn't very good I would have panned it. It is a great integration of personal feelings, human interactions and human behavior - both bad and good. It would have been interesting to get a better insight into Carol but Brad's life was the focus and "alls well that ends well".

This was a real delight and the first time in a while that a good story is in LW.

Bravo!

Tiny Tim

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundalmost 9 years ago
Interesting method of telling the story...

except I was assuming from the way the story started the bulk of it was going to be about his son's problems and how he dealt with them which we never actually got to. But never mind, we get the point that this father is going to be the rock his son needs.

SplitAcesSplitAcesalmost 9 years ago
I can understand 'young and stupid'

But after nearly 20 years? It really is hard to take. You don't get married, and then you're done. It takes a lot of work. Remember, if you can't be handsome, you best be handy. While sack-time is your best barometer of your marriage, taking care of the honey do list goes a long way when it comes to keeping her happy. Brad had his head so far up his ass with Carol, he might as well have been an absentee husband. Not that I think he had a prayer with Carol; but he could have been better prepared for the break-up.

Still, you made him real, and I'm happy Sheena was there to straighten out his life. She is the heroine here and I would have prefered the story from her POV because in spite of how well you write, it's hard to identify with a loser.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 9 years ago
Reading THIS PASSAGE this told readers how bad this was going to be

Page 1 9th Paragraph ....".Graduation came; we got our diplomas, and took off for the beach. We were old enough, and together we finished what we'd started. I was a virgin. I thought she was too."

lol !!! REALLY? let see you have a very aggressive 16 year old girl that love to go out of her way to dress like slut hangs out with sexually aggressive older men

who goes up to you and kisses you in front of her steady boyfriend

but SOMEHOW for some unknown reason this fucking idiot thinks this girl/ woman was a Virgin when they got married?

CARVOHI come on dude Its enough already we get it You think ALL men are VERY stupid and all women because they have pussies should always be forgiven no matter what

can you move onto something else already ?

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 9 years ago
the story is as usual is AWFUL

The problem as with all CARVOHI stories is this: The Husband always takes shit from his wife because according Carvohi taking shit and being crushed is what it means to be a man

Never confront your doubts

Love is always blind and all men are too weak or frightened to see the truth are.

if you just take enough shit You CAN get her to love you MAYBE ....some day

Wang4Wang4almost 9 years ago
Never Know What To Think

.........about your stories!! I don't mind the lack of sex. BTB is OK sometime; depends on the plot. Your stories are well crafted with excellent character development. I liked this story but felt a little wistful at the end. You remind me at times of my own screw ups. Thanks for sharing

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
well 20 years huh...

some of us took a hellva lot longer than 20 years to figure our wives out... some of us are real slow learners

movermoveralmost 9 years ago
I'm with Anonymous below.

Really , after 31 years I'm finding out my wife has never been happy. The second one for both of us, she thought I was her last chance. Anyone interested in a 75 year old geezer?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Okay story but I have questions.

It seemed at the beginning that this was going to be a story about a Father giving his son advice about his marital problems. You never got around to that story. Which wasn't a disaster, but it did leave me scratching my head. My second question revolves around a math teacher not taking care of the family finances. It seems logical that with a math background he would have at least kept abreast of their finances. Especially around the time they were deciding to re-finance the house. That was implausible. Thirdly, why wouldn't he go after the Doctor and especially the hospital? He could have waited until the divorce was over and then sued them. Hospitals have deep pockets and are especially concerned with their public appearance. He could have made enough money to retire, ruined Carol's reputation, allowed her to keep her job and gotten the Doctor reprimanded or fired. Seems like even a mediocre attorney would have advised him to go at least that far. That way he gets the money, some revenge and his destroying the house would never have been a factor. Oh well. One last point. I recently read a story by Markelly entitled Joanne Stearns. You might want to read it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thanks, again Carvohi

Your stories are always interesting, and the fun parts outweigh the sad parts. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thanks!

Again, you weave an interesting and thoughtful tale. Not too long, and not too short. You almost always set up the redemption of a lost soul, and take us there with originality, and without the crassness exhibited by many other authors. Again, thanks for your offering.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
3*s

Thanks for the story. Gave you 3*s. You helped me kill almost 20 minutes at the railroad.

AMerryman

Sawmill_SlatsSawmill_Slatsalmost 9 years ago
Swell

I'm so glad our male protagonist was treated with much more respect than the one in "Just Too Happily Married."

ILienBagbyILienBagbyalmost 9 years ago
Yeah,

Just another story in which a guy gets married, gets kids, gets divorced, gets remarried, and gets more kids. Nothing much really, EXCEPT...we learn much about the choices people make, how people survive disappointment, grow, and learn to live and love. Nothing much, really; but I kind of liked Carvolhi' style, his slow and quiet way of allowing his readers to get into the story, and, especially his empathy for his character. So, adding it all up, for this reader, the story rated a strong Five

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Harry va needs to get a life

Harry these are stories writin by one of the better authors on this site. You just like to trash anyone who doesn't BTB. This story works well in this real world all men and women are not created equally. So he was blindsided and in love hoping for the best. She was someware else. Life always throws you some curve balls. At least he recovered to find or she found him a great women. Some people never figure it out and go thru life miserable. My only complaint when I wife cheats and destroys a marriage the courts almost always favor the wife . Alimony, child support etc. we all know the system is not fair , so it best to do and work thru things.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 9 years ago
There IS a (labelled) Part 1

Carvohi promises the story is in two parts and is 'all here.' And 'no sequels!'. Part 1 is labelled. Part 2 (I think) is NOT! Why do I think that? I mentioned his promise a few sentences ago ... and the is an epilogue to match the prologue ... and there is a 'The End!'. *

I liked it. Quibbles? Yeah. The biggest one: The immaturity of trashing Sweetie's stuff (and a lot of their stuff) is excessive ... especially when the kids are in the house, sleeping. Unlikely, but it DOES set up what I think Carvohi does with the story. He shows a grown man growing into maturity (and finding love!). Most of my other quibbles are adequately handled by other comments!

5*

PS - kudos for LSD's analysis of The Bird's style!

*PPS - and it just FEELS over!

patilliepatilliealmost 9 years ago
Very nicely done, very entertaining, and a quick read.

good marks, giving a 4 just cause dont think it reaches level of a 5, but still quite good.Be very interested to hear why Carol has remorse, and the continuation of Brad's story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
HEY WUSSY !?! SAY WHAT?

# With two kids in the family Carol decided, rather than get her tubes tied, she'd go on the pill. Me, not anxious to get snipped, I went along. It never occurred to me back then her decision not do her tubes might someday lead to trouble. #

# Since then Sheena and I added two more, there's Shawn who is ten now, and then there's Eileen, she only seven. #

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyalmost 9 years ago
Enjoyable read with more behind

An enjoyable read with well created characters. I thought it was a little rushed at first but it got to the main thrust of the story quicker so it worked when I got further in the story. I really liked the motive and psychological under lining behind the characters that was talked about in the end. It made the story work and showed the closure of the past. Well worth the time reading. Thank you for posting and please keep writing and posting and I will keep reading.

luedonluedonalmost 9 years ago
I find it sad that comments are moderated

Carvohi, when you eliminate the more rabid comments, it makes the commentary look almost as thoughtful as your story has been. (And I found it to be a thoughtful story with good character development.)

The more rabid element of the Loving Wives commentariat has a need to express their disgust with such things as reconciliation or happy endings, and I think it's quite unfair if you have cut off the pathway for them to do that. (Also, I miss the entertainment they provide.)

D

cpetecpetealmost 9 years ago
Author had hubby doing Marriage Akido.

X wife tries to slam him, but like water the tide goes out and comes back in. X wife is left yelling at the rain while hubby flows back into his life with help of a new squeeze. At the end the x wife is left watching the horizon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
My 2 Cents

I enjoyed the tale. Almost totally in narrative form. Despite that I agree with HVA. If anyone reads Carvohi's other stories that is exactly how he treats the males. If that is his niche so be it but he should expect to read about it in the comments.

javmor79javmor79almost 9 years ago
I liked it

Not a bad tale. Thoughtful and developed characters and a pretty consistent flow.

I do agree with a couple of the commenters though. One commenter said that there was redundant word usage and statements that could have been moderated to make the story flow more. I agree with this. I am in the habit of doing that also, so I understand.

I gave it a 6.

javmor79javmor79almost 9 years ago
supposed to be a 5, not a 6

My bad.

luedonluedonalmost 9 years ago
Re: redundant word usage

It didn't bother me.

Shakespeare wrote "Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?"

He could have written "Why are you Romeo?" It means the same.

Sometimes more is nicer than less.

L

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
good tale

Thanks for writing and sharing it with us.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caalmost 9 years ago
Good drama

But, surely u are going to tell the tale of Brad??

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
@Lickideesplit

Part Two is clearly labeled, and begins after the first five paragraphs on page 3.

artykay63artykay63almost 9 years ago
too realistic?

It is quite interesting reading the comments that nothing happened in the story Of course it did, it is just that it happened with little or no drama, a bit like most peoples lives. I can imagine his outburst of frustration that led to him wrecking the home, he got in a frenzy which fed on its own anger. I agree that the son might be better advised to talk to his mother as well, since she cheated on his father maybe her insight might help explain the daughter in laws motivation.

thanks for the read.

retmstrretmstralmost 9 years ago
****

Too bad. The good guys get the skanks. I'm not sure I'm a good guy, buy, I've had two very good wives. The 1st, and mother to my 5 children was a good mother and better grandmother, (40 years) which proved to be her demise. Artificial Mitral valve failed due to infection caught from Grandchild. Second wife , my true love for 24 years is the best of the best. Both of us elderly and still in love. Never have had a serious disagreement. Always talk things out and important decisions made together.

Good story carvohi. Written well and caries a lesson/story. Kudos & Cheers!

francis_toliverfrancis_toliveralmost 9 years ago
Many Thanks Carvohi!

One of the best writers on Lit and always a pleasure to read!

I loved that this story was so "slice of life". Things happened and life went on. The only real punishment his wife suffered was that she had to live with herself and the flaws that drove her to do what she did. Those same flaws meant she would always want something just out of reach. Never to be truly happy and content in her life or her self. Not truly unhappy either just never...satisfied. This is my experience with people like her. He was well rid of her and ended up with the real prize; true love and a good life.

I love a happy ending.

Thanks again for sharing your writing with us! It makes me smile when I see a story from you on the lists.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicalmost 9 years ago
Divorce

Just thinking you found something better. Carol was living for the future and now is wishing for the past. It has always amassed be what people say during the breakup and the amount of garbage they say when they are being fed garbage from their new 'lover' thanks for the read 4+

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
The Evolution of Wisdom

I enjoyed the evolving emotions of a thoughtful ex husband. It felt very true to life. I also enjoyed the realistic portrait of a cheater and their perpetual dissatisfaction with what they have. I have witnessed the results of this self destructive foolishness.

I have looked back at what might have been, and what things had become, and I have thanked God for what I have! If you follow the rules, if you make good decisions and you do not let fear and desire master you - life will always work out for the best.

DFWBeastDFWBeastalmost 9 years ago
Thank you sir!

As always a solidly written story, even a little less wordy than usual. Absolutely love the way you develop your characters. They're always flawed and interesting. Thanks again for the ride!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
This

is an absolutely terrific piece. Compelling, warm, wise.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Nice Job and Thanks!

I liked that you explored a relationship that just COULDN'T continue. Even if there WERE kids involved.....

I liked that the prompting for his recollections of a long buried past was that he was preparing mentally to answer questions and offer advice to his son. This idea in contrast to the smarmy, although seemingly conventional thinking of: "if things are so good NOW, why revisit the failures of the past? Haven't you moved on, yet?" It manages to fit well as an underlying justification for even thinking about HER these days. Being able to compare and contrast old and new loves, as well as younger versus older world view and maturity, should help his son gain needed perspective. While only hinted at, it seems very reasonable to assume the son has LOTS of unresolved issues with his mother, and these may be negatively impacting his relationship with his own young wife. Getting a better understanding of his mother, through his father's eyes, will certainly prove to be beneficial, even if it is a little painful.

It seems that JPB has often explored the idea of how a spouse acts PRE-MARRIAGE as a prime determining factor to how they act POST-MARRIAGE. I don't think JPB is as eloquent as you, but I could see his influence here in the sub-dermal layers of this story's set-up. At the final confrontation (confession), she throws in his face that he HAD to know she was cheating all along, since it had gone back to the days of their courtship. We always see how this erodes the respect the cheater has for the cheated. He might have known, but not for sure. Or was it that he didn't WANT to know? I think entire stories have been worked up JUST to tackle the premise of this type of "the hubby is always the last to know" brand of denial. But the object lesson always remains the same. If your girlfriend will cheat on you, making her your wife not only won't end it, but will actually ENCOURAGE her to continue! Maybe this is why long engagements, and cohabitation are ESSENTIAL steps prior to marriage. Of course, lets not forget the demands for TOTAL honesty! (Of course if you DEMAND total honesty, then you best be prepared to ACCEPT getting it!!) The "what if only?" type questions won't change the past, but perhaps they CAN help to salvage the next generation's potentially endangered future?

You've written a few stories here lately that I have read, but didn't feel the need to comment on. That said, I do always vote, and you always get high marks from me. You DO seem to be getting better, and DO deseerve the recogniition of being one of Lit's "BETTER" writers. Despite still getting some unfairly doled out crap in your comments, I still REALLY respect and appreciate you keeping them open to anon feedback. Perhaps THIS is why I felt the need to comment, if only to remind you of a segment of the anon readership that DOES enjoy your work, and is grateful for your continued contributions. Please continue challenging ALL of your audience to (if nothing else) THINK about things differently as they perhaps consider an alternative viewpoint. Yet a story like this makes it easy to do, because the realism portrayed here was MORE than just plausible, it was almost NORMAL! Egads! These COULD be the people next door!!!! LOL! When you achieve that, then I think you have begun to master certain tricky objectives of character development. And no wonder, the character development in your stories has LONG been their highlight!

Thanks again, and can't wait for the next!

Solid 5 stars, no matter WHAT HIV says....................

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
meh

I really don't understand the high score for this one.

There is nothing original here.

3.5 at most

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 9 years ago
Characters I Love to Hate

You create great, imperfect characters. As usual, they are interesting, infuriating, and sympathetic with pretty good stories to tell.

sdc97230sdc97230almost 9 years ago
Kind of hoping that Brad Jr's wife turns out not to be cheating

Three generations of cuckold husbands would be a powerful argument for them to just let their bloodline die out.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

five stars. This is real life. Very authentic. I'm trying to decide if the title indicates there is going to be another installment. I never can tell with you. The son's story next? Or perhaps the wife?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Reality in fiction

Nicely done. Well developed characters and plot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thank you....I especially appreciated the way you juxtaposed Sheena's.....

.......experience and personal fallout with that of our hero. The cheaters seemed jealous of those they betrayed. Almost like they did it to purposely hurt them, because they couldn't measure up somehow....at least, that's how it appeared here.

My own experience somewhat mirrors these folk's troubles. In my case, what fomented serious changes was an invasive mother in law and my need for reasonable privacy. In the end, she still cheated and tried everything she could to vindicate her behavior. Unlike our hero, I got that something was profoundly wrong almost immediately.

She seemed weak and silly to me then. In the intervening years, I certainly moved on, fortunate to be surrounded by good and decent family and friends. She seemed to have been defined by that period of her life and seemed doomed to forever relive it.

Bravo for a piece that manages some sensibility, while conveying a mostly and clearly male mindset.

bruce22bruce22almost 9 years ago
Another Fine Story

The thoughtful development of the story is certainly fascinating. The explosion of the betrayed husband seems completely natural to me. The difficulty in trusting another woman is again natural and well characterized.

My only problem is why does the son think that Pops can give good advice on what to do to clarify if his relationship is going bad?

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsalmost 9 years ago
gave it a 5

Great story line and well written

sdc97230sdc97230almost 9 years ago
Well, from Brad Jr's POV...

His dad didn't wimp out like a cuck husband in some MM story. He went scary nuclear the night he found out about his mom's cheating and smashed everything in sight, and when after only a few months of working on turning the kids against their dad, she married her scumbag wife stealing lover and her true colors came out as she started to neglect them, he stepped up to the plate and was the parent who was always there for them. Then he found a good woman who loved them all and remade a happy family with her.

Of course, Brad Jr. knows nothing about all the pain his father experienced, because Brad Sr. did his best to hide it from his kids. So what he hopes his dad can tell him is how to handle the feelings of dread and doubt he's experiencing now as he contemplates the possible end of his own marriage.

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
The list he is writing for his son

needs to include the ingredient Sheena added

Friendship

If your spouse is not a friend, you don't have a marriage. When you lose the friendship all that is left is a hollow shell.

H. JekyllH. Jekyllalmost 9 years ago
I liked it

It's not a sex story; it's a story of relationships gone bad and people trying their best but not too well. One wonders about Carol's emotions and motivation, & it's an interesting wonder. My one complaint...the start of the new relationship seemed a bit oh "unlikely" to me. Not a major criticism. I'd say ignore those who want to read with one hand only.

(I didn't know you were still around)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Brad Jr's story?

Would love to hear it!

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmover 8 years ago
Very Good, Very Good

Hey, I realize this started out as a BTB story. But it actually was a relationship story. Friendship is what makes marriages work. I also would love to see what dad has to say to Brad, Jr. and if it works our or not. I would also like to say, anybody having problems at home they need to read this story. It hits home so close to home. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wimp disgusting tale

He is a moron.

norcal62norcal62over 8 years ago
Once you got rid of Carol, the story improved.

Too much self-pity in the character. '

The gratuitous prayer-in-schools inclusion was an unnecessary distraction, Keep your religion to yourself and let others have their own without your coercion.

Sad that the anons are so hateful to a sensitive male character.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
carvohi = cheating WHORE wife apologist cuckyboy author!

... nothing more needs to be said.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
A great story!

I don't have a clue the pricks come out of the woodwork to criticize authors when they couldn't carry their jockstrap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Kenny Rogers

The main character reminds me of the guy in Kenny Roger's song "The Coward of the County." Only in the Carvohi version the guy never turns around to lock the door. He just walks out accepting his pitiful role in life. What a wonderful difference this story would have made if the author had decided to model his principal (and principles) after Morgan Freeman's portrayal of a high school principal. But then again, we are highlighting the differences between British and American males.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Outrageous sense of entitlement.

According to some of the the anons, the American males burn their cheating wives while the British males simply let them go. Is this correct? Where does it say that American males are entitled to burn anybody?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
i appreciate your fine writing

I am not certain about some of the complaints, i may not always agree with your ending, but to the end i love the journey

Been try to get soneone to take a stab at story detiled on Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com. cheating wife on thifd marriage who hs literally vowed to go from man to man having affait aftr anthor.

She has stated she cando whatever sbe wats and does not care about destructin she csuses in other peole's lifes. She laugh about destroying a student lover.s reputstion and his life Any lie is fair game, student was driving to campus to reort her sexusll corcion and ther affair. He thought she had left for day but passes crossed. She started a gossip andsocial media campaign that had tried to accost and was. now stalking her and her ex-daughter in law and step daughter. His wife heard stories and moved out a did one son. The other ignored him. He went to cas in half of kie savings, planning on moving to flagstaff only to find funds completely depleted and his wife had left his credit cards some 200K in debt' last i heard he is a hermit, hair down to back, almost toothless paying someone todonweekkyshoping.

The depression led to a stroke and dvt so a man once desribed by one thsn one femle as dro dead gorgeous with 8 pak abs, 30 inch waste 17 in arms 18 in neck fifty inch checst, 30 inch thighs, 18 inch perfectly shaped calves. is now balding crippledalmostbtoothles crooked back. Females use to come up to himnasstrangers in thesummer when hevwas wearingedbhenned jean cutoffsvandtellhe hadthev sexiest legs and butt they eversaw. Females used to gathe in gruops outside construction sights and swoon about his tanned uper body and shoulders.

Females luckyenough to have sharedhis bed could wait topass on stories of his oralexperteice his patience, how he slwly worked his hugely wide head intobtheir begging vagina, how lis length once thrust hard against ther cervix, each one admitting to having gasped in initial pain from that imprint. A pain never felt again as if he gaughed the comfort level oftheirdepths the concentrated and delivering on their pleasure. Called the ING OF CONTROL' FOR TAKING TEM TRROUGH ORGSASMS CRESCENDING AGAIST THE NEXT BEFORE HOURS LSTER AND SOMEWHATA AN AFTERTHOUGH HE WOULD FLOODBTHEMBWITH HIS VOLUMINOUS SEED, THEN AFTERSIFTLYTENDING TO THEIR CLEANUPIN THESHOWER, HE WOULD PATIENTLY ENGAGETHEMIN DELIGHTFUL CONVERAYION WHILE THEY FIXEDTHEIRHAIR AND FACE.

HIS ONLY REQUEST THAT THE LEAVE THEIR BREASTS UNCOVEREDED WHILE THEY TENDED TO THEMSELVES - A TERY TOWEL OR ROBE TIED CROSS HIPS OF HE LONGLIY CGAXED ON THE UNIQUE EXQUISITESS OG THEIR BREASTS. Once fixed up, he drew them back to the bedroom allowed towel to slip to floor. Laying them back, he cherishly exploered every pulse center of their body in tantalizingly exquisite detail. As in times before, he would allow them to redefine once againg what beng ,oved fd,t ike. Unhurried?, selflish , Time would cease as boddies meldedwith souls, each breatehedfor the other until all too soon but at just the perfct time their spirits shivered at spontaneous co-mingling of love.s desire.

I have oft heard his story repeted. The females all say when their senses were regained teir were crsdled in him strong arms, eyes sesrchinhteir facesfesrful he may have hurt them.he would wath wait converse while they dressed?, walked them to and ooen close their door?. A breif kiss of promise good bye then he would watch unmoving s they drove away..

Word got out. No married females, no fianncess or boy friends. Exceptions if male in their lives was caught cheating and she had pproof. Rule two he wasn't a playdr, he didn't chase, he didn't flirtor use pick up lines. He was known for enjoyiing spirited converstions as wel as friendly exchanges. All were welcome in his circle. If he was out for the afteroo-even he was found the same place...the SUNSET END OF THEBWESTERN BAR, wherehe would hold court behindthe shorth cooler bar. All were made to feel selcme, all included in the converstion, all was friendly and respectful though he did tend to tell self-deprecsting stories. Everyone laughed. He never sought to dominate a female.s time or 'cut her from the herd'

While complimentary to all, he NEVER ASED A FEMALE FOR A DATE. NEVER REQUESTED A PHONE NUMBER, NEVER

INTIMATED GETTING AWAY FOR A FE MINUTES.

Fact is he always left alone. When the story got out...one female could wait to brag others were jealous tried todeconstruct exactly what had happened. She herself didn't know he secret untila month later, when no wordbfrom him shewent to^_^WB again and fifteen minutes later followed him out

Word then wwas spread is you would ecperince him, spend some timegettingto know him and his little group of convesationlists. Join in the conversation, the one night when the time was right, simply walk up to him and sk him to tske you in his srms and make love toyou. After confirming you are not druggednor drunk, that youare single and that you are certain youwant to make live to him, then wait twenty minutes after he leaves and meet him by the mtel down the street. When he sees you exit bar he will get room key, go to room and leave door open. Does it that way he told a girl so no one knows where she is going, her reputationbisunsulliefd

I know tis story to be true because iworke the WB bar, Admittedly Danieland ibwere in lovewitheac oth butTHAT THING CALLEDTIMIGi wa married when we met, then he got married and i divored my cheating husbnd, Daniel.s marriage fell apart but he stayed for hos boys. I have daiel's same rule about married people.?for years we had wonderul converstions, my tip jar would overflow, no one insulted me whi,e he wad around but thre wad no flirting or innuendo or future plans. I received numerous poems from him which i read alone in my mountain cabi with a glass of wine on Friday nights

His words expressed my feelings as well as his

''Just so he knows she knows he knows. The poem is privately heal in my heart but i have lived the final words for over twobdecades......

Love has this pact with timing

Wherin a glance allowed comes but by chance

THUS THE MOONBEAM DREAMS THEY HAVE BEEN WALTZIBG

WHILE THE SUN'S RAY KNOWS THEY WILL NEVER DANCE

Since he lauhed with his last goodbye - uknown i would never see him again

Decades later,

I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO HAVE HAD MY DANCE WITH DANIEL

-AS DARKNESS ENTERS MY DREAMS, I MOLD MYSELF INTO THE STRONG ARMS OF THE MAN I AM CERTAIN TONIGHT IS WATZING WITH ME

JUST SO YOU KNOW, WHEN ON OF THE FORTUNATE DRP BY THE WB, AND TEIR GIRL FRIENDS DEMAND A REPLAY OF THEIR TIME WITH DANIEL. SOMETIMES I TURN AWAY WIT TER FILLED EYES, SOMETIMES I WANT TO GO OVER THE BAR AND SCRATCH THEIR EYES OUT,BUT ALWAYS I GO TO MY OURSE, OULL OUT A WORN POEM,AND MY SOUL IS WARMED WITB LOVE. SHE KNEW THE GLORIOUSLY TOUCH OF HIS BEAUTIFUL BODY, BE HE LONG VO VOSE TO ME HIS HEART ND SOUL. AND I ALONE KNOW HE KOWS HE IS MINE

SOMEDAY DARLING DANIEL

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Far Out!!

No wonder she dumped him. What a wimp!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
DON'T YOU LOVE THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS

To commentee below ! No he's no wimp! Just a typical guy that had his heart torn apart by a cheating bitch! OH In the real world if he so much as laid a hand on carol or her horse cock doctor , the next 5 to 8 years he would get to know a big guy bastard in jail called Bubba So before you shoot me down commenting about this guy! THIS IS FICTION LITEROTICA EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED. LOVE YOU ALL! BYE! OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE, Oh Oh! The story is Fantastic loved it

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Thoughts

“HE wasn’t the litigious type”? “HE was too proud to seek gov’t assistance”? – It shouldn’t have been his decision! Was he even capable of making that decision? It would seem to be up to his caregivers!

“Carol really loved me, she needed 'time away' sometimes.” – You don’t need “time away” from the people you love!

"You should leave. Pack a suitcase and just get out." – Fuck her! She wants out, until a court says otherwise, SHE can get out!

It would seem that her admissions in the lawyer’s office should work against her.

She’s getting the house, which through her shenanigans got her more than her fair share of the savings, that should have more than offset the damages!

“Hadn't she gotten what she wanted?” – No, she wanted you destroyed! The fact that you’re not miserable ruins her plans!

I can't buy how noble he is! Carol was a miserable bitch who fucked him over, and I would wish her all the misery she can get!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
As a parent in a Carvohi story

won't he be there for his daughter-in-law moreso than his son?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
that kind of girl

As soon as you see a girl dating someone like Vernon you take her out of the wife material category. If she thinks so little of herself, you should too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Hmmm *5

I believe what we have here is a pretty clear picture of you Mr. Carvohi.

Well done !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
N0

It was just ok till the wedding scene and the dancing and laughing part. No before you group me with so called BTB crowd, i am not of that mindset that every cheater must be burned but she deserved to be mostly because she tried to turn the children, not tried but succeeded , and as always you were all over the place in terms of your characters, i get that humans are never predictable, never black and white , but so much variation in one human being is mental illness not human nature.just the wife's character and her response after the break up scene had to be swallowed rather than believed, one second she is blackmailing, then threatening, then generous, then a bitch then whimpering, then begging then conniving,good god man make up your mind. and the same bitch gets to laugh and dance with the same man,no never even in 100 years, thats real life, somethings you can never take back, some hurts can never be healed, your problem here you crossed the rubicon, there is no going back

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
well developed

nice story telling and good characters .'

thanks for this !

5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

The best revenge is a life well lived! Excellent storytelling!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
cool, but wait

wasn't there a snip....she didn't get her tubes tied....but they added two more...

norcal62norcal62almost 7 years ago
Really tired of the nerd and the beauty stories. What's wrong with reality?

Rest of the piece didn't make up for the intro.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
So fine.

This wife sounds like a real mother of a woman I dated in the early 80's. The woman I dated thought her mother had mental issues because she traded up 3 times. All of them doctors. No kidding. That was one calculating horrible woman. In reality, as terrible as some of the stories in the LW's section sound, there has to be some basis for such disturbing stories. ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not good

You ramble.

ilimitadoilimitadoabout 6 years ago
Good story, kind of like real life

You provide a good mix of fun, wit, tension, pain and relief.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Not good

I can't imagine a High School Principal turning over their finances to his wife. And given her actions in college, I can't imagine him being that blindsided by Carol. It simply made no sense, given the character you gave him. And when Carol went to bury him in the divorce, why didn't he sue the hospital? The Doctor may survive at another hospital, but Carol's career would have been at an end. Given that, he may have gotten custody far earlier. Too many things didn't add up in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Nice story ,

You wrote in a happy ending. From a ex wife looking to move up,was actually moving down.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotalmost 6 years ago
Huh???

I thought this was going to be a good story, and it was until after the divorce, and then you went on and on with things that didn't seem pertinent to the story, It started off with your son asking for advice, but it didn't happen instead you started rambling on about Sheena. What does she matter to the story? If the story wasn't about your son , your wife and you. Why did you even mention them. Or were they thrown in to make it to four pages? As it seems this was a story about Sheena and your teachers. Very dissapointing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A real 'take charge leader of men'.... (a snide, cynical statement)

How the hell did a woose like him EVER get promoted to school Principal? Ohhhh he's a POLITICALLY CORRECT, PROGRESSIVE SOCIALIST DEMOCRAT. (aka an incredibly dumb fuck who CHOSE to keep his head up his ass whenever the light of truth about his whore threatened to blind him with a severe case of reality.)

There's a hell of a lot of truth in Carol's late date regrets. I got rid of two cheaters who took me for granted but then realized their loss and tried to get me back. I agreed on one condition. They had to unfuck the other guys and never have fucked them. They both answered, "But I can't undo what's already done." (w/tears of regret on command)

My answer was, "That's right, you can't... not ever."

That said, the story was fixshion, was well written and was told in a different Manor than most are so I rated it at five stars.

Yeah... I know. (fixshion/Manor)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I just have stopped when wimp husband

Intoned "But I love her so much"

I am a BTB guy. Don't have trouble with reconciliation.

But when the protagonist is written as such a clueless stulid dumb ass wimp I feel no sympathy.

In fact one must laugh at both the character and the author's audacjty in writing such a sap.

Or to sum it up in LW terms. More cuck shit.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Another

Another of the really top notch writers. Guess even Babe Ruth couldn't hit it out every time. Just didn't care for this one at all. Sorry Jed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Perfect

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Magnificent

One of the best on Literotica.The stories are magnificent

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Most of the time . . .

Carvohi is very much worth reading. This fits the pattern well.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous