All Comments on 'An Unfaithful Wife: Brad's Story'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 149 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Relieved. No BTB, no sentimental reconciliation, but a struggle to find balance and confidence again. It felt nice and normal for two conscientious and wounded people to heal and find happiness. Nice story.

Schwanze1Schwanze13 months ago

Read again. Good story. Very good.

Moral of the story: If she dates the bad boys, she’s not wife material. Not even for bad boys.

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWanted3 months ago

Loved the reference to WKRP.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I kept waiting for the father's advice to his son. Was confused for a lot of this. What do you have against Saabs?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Not worth reading.

MissMudMissMud6 months ago

Liked it better the second time through. Not sure why exactly. I liked it the first time- 4 stars. Now I wonder why I did not give it 5. Oh well. It gets 5 this time!

Opinionated1Opinionated17 months ago

great story! a sad beginning as many great tales have.

this could have been a lot longer and more detailed story,

but you chose to keep it basic and uncluttered. The pace

flowed nicely! 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

In looking for a wife a wise man look for a great personality and a pleasant face that lets that personality shine.

Such a small part of life is pent in sexual relations, and the afore mentioned when truly loved will give unselfishly of her entire self. Lose that good perspective and expect to pay terrible consequences.

The message from the author is powerful and the writing top notch.

The Hoary Ceric

MarkTwineMarkTwine7 months ago

Your shitty story was only made worse by injecting your ignorant religious beliefs.

kalash777kalash77711 months ago

I loved the story. The brilliant thought: "maybe Carol had found what she was looking for at sixteen and had it taken away. That was kind of sad in a way". It said it all.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Quite well done. Seemed quite realistic. NPD is a a bitch. My father had it. Really sucked growing up. Of course led to my parent's messy divorce. The only thing I disagree with is the idea that Carol was partly acting out because she knew her ex husband was superior and thatbshe was in the wrong. True narcissists never reach that stage. Ever. It is quite sad. Everything wrong is someone else's fault. Uggh.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

The obligatory, never-ending backstory, 98% of which was irrelevant to the bloody story. Ever notice that editors cut 95% of this crap out of real literature? Way too much extraneous detail.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

ALL women constantly test their relationships. It can be as innocent, as demanding the next SUV has a third row seat, or the next house has brick on the front. This is ingrained, in their DNA. Unlike men, who can be happy getting older and fatter, women are usually very hard on their evaluation of themselves, from a physical standpoint. And sometimes, they seek out, or respond to flirting that boosts their self confidence. That, combined with the husband giving in on “ little things”, causes them to feel confidant in “ testing the waters”. So here is some advice to those of you thinking of getting married. Make her work for it. You don’t have to be controlling or mean, or dominate the relationship. But don’t let her dominate you, either. That promise of “ better sex” if you allow her to stay home and raise the kids, will be over in a few months. But she will stay unemployed, until she decides to go back to work, maybe years later, or never. Having your wife off when a kid is born, could be a good thing, but have her do daycare out of your house, at the same time. Decide how much each of you contribute to the finances. Let her save up her own money, and spend it on what she wants. Wifey will be happier in the long run, than if you made her ask you any time she wants money. This is the way- 5 stars.

Ocker53Ocker53about 1 year ago

Another excellent story, Carvohi, is hitting these stories out of the park⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

BriteaseBriteaseover 1 year ago

What a great story. The bit at the end where the wife regretted the break up sounded very familiar, and was something I had wished for. But by then it didn’t seem very important anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Carol's duplicity was something else, oneitis is a bitch tho.

The dude's mother fucking around on the crippled dad... stomach churning, sickening etc.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

Good story, but I really want to know what happens with the daughter-in-law.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 1 year ago

Fabulous and relatable. My mom left me and my dad when I was in jr. high school. She and her new man decided they would be better off if I stayed with my heartbroken dad. She didn't want me either. Carol, can rot in hell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Overall a good story. I felt the writing up to the divorce was a bit disjointed and not the easiest to read. The writing after that was much better and had better flow.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Carol is a typical narcissist. Narcissists use manipulation tactics to get what they want, and monkey branching is one method they use to maintain their narcissistic supply. When it comes to humans, monkey branchers perpetually prepare themselves for the next best thing. They have their eyes peeled on a new person or relationship even when they appear to be committed to you. As a result, they swing from tree to tree, hopping onto whatever next thing looks exciting, and their moves are intentional and rehearsed.

Narcissists are never happy with what they have- at least not for very long. They always want more, more, more. time always reveals their true motives- the more attached you become to them, the more they start devaluing you. Monkey branching is self-centered and harmful. It’s a selfish way for narcissists to meet their needs, and many people get hurt in the eventual crossfire. It isn’t worth bombarding them with questions. Even if you want a meaningful explanation, a narcissist can’t give you one. They will either deny or downplay the behavior. Or, they will turn it onto you by accusing you of being controlling, paranoid, or insecure.

Narcissists often know exactly what they’re doing– they just don’t care.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I always appreciate a story where a good person gets knocked down and like the song, gets up again!!

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Well written story, the storyline was really good and ended well with Brad ending up getting his well-deserved happily ever after. I wish the storyline would have had Brad suing the first doctor and hospital, but that was not to be. Overall, it is a 5-star story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

cunt

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerabout 2 years ago

I love your stories! 5 stars.

EgregiousEgregiousover 2 years ago

Well done. One of the most realistic cheating wife stories I have read to date!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

When will the writer ever write about men with spunk and balls?? All his MCs are so so emasculated in life…almost like paper mache creatures …

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Is what Carvohi writes the norm for American men? They know their girlfriend is not faithful …they know she passes it around and they still get married to that girl in the hope that she will suddenly become some pure faithful wife after marriage? Are all of them delusional or is it the culture where everyone around is promiscuous? Mom …dad…aunts…so it’s considered the norm?

skruff101skruff101over 2 years ago

An anonymous comment a while ago asked why authors create stupid and gullible characters, well it’s the only way any of these stories get to work. Anybody that has an IQ in double digits is never going go through the BS that authors pile on to their MC’s.

Well written as always, well written nonsense but nonsense nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A story on female domination. Marriages are about equilibrium. Mutual respect. Equal authority. Either the husband's or the wife's submission are immensely prejudicial to a marriage. What we saw here were a husband totally divested from any authority, therefore a non person.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

Good story. Lessons drawn. Don’t waste time on women who date Vernons. Don’t fall in love with sluts.

SouthdownSouthdownalmost 3 years ago
As the World turns?

So much like a 'Hallmark' story but I am a sucker for the good guy getting a happy ending. 'Carol' wasn't evil, just not sure what she wanted... That's not a crime, sometimes it is a character defect but, hey! we all have them in greater or lesser measure. I had my own 'false start' but won the race in the end! This was a really good story, nicely told and well written. I gave it 5***** reflecting my own personal enjoyment in reading it, Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The premise of this story is that Brad is the better person, more mature than Carol but that's not the story that's actually told. What we really have here are two immature characters: a boy who is madly in love and a girl who settles. She knows she deserves better and goes for it when she gets the chance. Of course, as in most of these stories, she's made a mistake. He grows up, finds someone more in his league, and lives happily ever after. She, not so much. Ho-hum.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You want us to relate to such a foolish and gullible man?

Are you insane? Why do so many authors do this? Being as stupid as your protagonist has devastating real world consequences. To a family like in this story, to a business. For instance, a father protects his children, how exactly is he supposed to do that if he marries a cunt who runs around on him and fucks with his children's head?

I mean come on guys, put a little forethought in your characters

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

On the fence of giving this well written piece 4 or 5 *. The whole premise was the talk with Brad on his marriage, but we never go to that. This is the second story from you that demands a follow-on but it's not there. WTH? aright, 5* it is...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I liked it.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensabout 3 years ago

5* — I have known people like Carol. I feel sorry for them because they can never know true happiness. Great story! Thanks for sharing.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

The money shot, the raison d'être of this whole work: " ...Carol needed to divorce me; it wasn't about jobs or money, or power or prestige, it was because Carol always knew I was the better person. I was better than Carol; she was the one who was inferior, it had been her who failed, not me."

.

Carve it in stone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hypergamy is real

And in this instance goes by the name Carol

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Nice story when the hero wins in the end...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
hmmm,

If this story had a map, you would be all over it. ;0)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A good tale

Very believable. Never heard of a case where the husband goes postal on the wife’s belongings, usually the wife makes a bonfire of his stuff then regrets it when she finds his stuff was valuable and she could have been awarded some in the divorce! I agree with some comments that the structure was long and too wordy. My biggest problem was you never find out his sons problem.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
5 Stars

My Wife left Me for a guy without a job .. We had only been married for 4 Years . Her and her Boyfriend thought She would get Alimony from Me .. My Lawyer was not that good But hers Sucked .. I kept my pension also .. She got Nothing ++ He did give her a Baby then He left .. She wanted Me to Take her back .. I Still laugh about that .

Robby_DRobby_Dabout 4 years ago
What a Man

So Carol perpetually cheats on Brad, dumps him for her lover, humiliates him, alienates the kids from him and Brad's manly response is "Hah, I'll teach her to fuck with me. I'll suffer from low self esteem!" And then, one day, in what might as well be a completely different story, he falls in love again. Big deal. It would have been nice to have seen at least some sort of consequences for Carol's treatment of Brad.

MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
OK

Not a bad story. Husband did the right thing by divorcing the monkey branching whore.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
its funny how many commentators

are ok with anything a woman does. He took the high road, he never bad mouth the mom to the kids. He was a good man for not involving the kids. Yet he doesn't have custody, he has supervised visits, she got to move her lover in the house. She gets half of his retirement and everything else financial. And yet many of you call him a good man. I call him a fucking moron, it's like calling a thief, a person who's looking out for your best interest. Many of you think defending yourself as bad and getting fucked in the ass, as taking the high road. I'd rather be considered an asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not Only Was Babe Ruth

The home run leader for decades, he led the league in strikeouts five seasons. At least this time the husband showed balls for a few minutes but wallowing in all of the misery and self doubt was too much. I don't hold grudges but I have a very good memory for those who deliberately fucked me over or who abandoned our daughters. I guarandamntee you I wouldn't be dancing with Carol anytime, ever. For some it takes a long time after college to get an education. Thought it was interesting that Carol "moved up" twice, three times if you count her first marriage, but still was aware of Vernon. If not already it won't be long before she is more than aware. Often the best revenge is living well. An interesting little tale, not your best, but it took effort to write and I didn't mind reading it. Signed: BTW

RanDog025RanDog025over 4 years ago
I GAVE THE STORY 5 STARS

BUT WHY WAS I THINKING THE STORY WAS ABOUT HIS SON? IT STARTED WITH HIS SONS PROBLEM WITH HIS WIFE! OH WELL.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 4 years ago
Well done

Congrats on another great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Most of the time . . .

Carvohi is very much worth reading. This fits the pattern well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Magnificent

One of the best on Literotica.The stories are magnificent

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Perfect

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Another

Another of the really top notch writers. Guess even Babe Ruth couldn't hit it out every time. Just didn't care for this one at all. Sorry Jed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I just have stopped when wimp husband

Intoned "But I love her so much"

I am a BTB guy. Don't have trouble with reconciliation.

But when the protagonist is written as such a clueless stulid dumb ass wimp I feel no sympathy.

In fact one must laugh at both the character and the author's audacjty in writing such a sap.

Or to sum it up in LW terms. More cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A real 'take charge leader of men'.... (a snide, cynical statement)

How the hell did a woose like him EVER get promoted to school Principal? Ohhhh he's a POLITICALLY CORRECT, PROGRESSIVE SOCIALIST DEMOCRAT. (aka an incredibly dumb fuck who CHOSE to keep his head up his ass whenever the light of truth about his whore threatened to blind him with a severe case of reality.)

There's a hell of a lot of truth in Carol's late date regrets. I got rid of two cheaters who took me for granted but then realized their loss and tried to get me back. I agreed on one condition. They had to unfuck the other guys and never have fucked them. They both answered, "But I can't undo what's already done." (w/tears of regret on command)

My answer was, "That's right, you can't... not ever."

That said, the story was fixshion, was well written and was told in a different Manor than most are so I rated it at five stars.

Yeah... I know. (fixshion/Manor)

widowedidiotwidowedidiotalmost 6 years ago
Huh???

I thought this was going to be a good story, and it was until after the divorce, and then you went on and on with things that didn't seem pertinent to the story, It started off with your son asking for advice, but it didn't happen instead you started rambling on about Sheena. What does she matter to the story? If the story wasn't about your son , your wife and you. Why did you even mention them. Or were they thrown in to make it to four pages? As it seems this was a story about Sheena and your teachers. Very dissapointing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nice story ,

You wrote in a happy ending. From a ex wife looking to move up,was actually moving down.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Not good

I can't imagine a High School Principal turning over their finances to his wife. And given her actions in college, I can't imagine him being that blindsided by Carol. It simply made no sense, given the character you gave him. And when Carol went to bury him in the divorce, why didn't he sue the hospital? The Doctor may survive at another hospital, but Carol's career would have been at an end. Given that, he may have gotten custody far earlier. Too many things didn't add up in this story.

ilimitadoilimitadoabout 6 years ago
Good story, kind of like real life

You provide a good mix of fun, wit, tension, pain and relief.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not good

You ramble.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
So fine.

This wife sounds like a real mother of a woman I dated in the early 80's. The woman I dated thought her mother had mental issues because she traded up 3 times. All of them doctors. No kidding. That was one calculating horrible woman. In reality, as terrible as some of the stories in the LW's section sound, there has to be some basis for such disturbing stories. ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

norcal62norcal62almost 7 years ago
Really tired of the nerd and the beauty stories. What's wrong with reality?

Rest of the piece didn't make up for the intro.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
cool, but wait

wasn't there a snip....she didn't get her tubes tied....but they added two more...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

The best revenge is a life well lived! Excellent storytelling!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
well developed

nice story telling and good characters .'

thanks for this !

5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
N0

It was just ok till the wedding scene and the dancing and laughing part. No before you group me with so called BTB crowd, i am not of that mindset that every cheater must be burned but she deserved to be mostly because she tried to turn the children, not tried but succeeded , and as always you were all over the place in terms of your characters, i get that humans are never predictable, never black and white , but so much variation in one human being is mental illness not human nature.just the wife's character and her response after the break up scene had to be swallowed rather than believed, one second she is blackmailing, then threatening, then generous, then a bitch then whimpering, then begging then conniving,good god man make up your mind. and the same bitch gets to laugh and dance with the same man,no never even in 100 years, thats real life, somethings you can never take back, some hurts can never be healed, your problem here you crossed the rubicon, there is no going back

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Hmmm *5

I believe what we have here is a pretty clear picture of you Mr. Carvohi.

Well done !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
that kind of girl

As soon as you see a girl dating someone like Vernon you take her out of the wife material category. If she thinks so little of herself, you should too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
As a parent in a Carvohi story

won't he be there for his daughter-in-law moreso than his son?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Thoughts

“HE wasn’t the litigious type”? “HE was too proud to seek gov’t assistance”? – It shouldn’t have been his decision! Was he even capable of making that decision? It would seem to be up to his caregivers!

“Carol really loved me, she needed 'time away' sometimes.” – You don’t need “time away” from the people you love!

"You should leave. Pack a suitcase and just get out." – Fuck her! She wants out, until a court says otherwise, SHE can get out!

It would seem that her admissions in the lawyer’s office should work against her.

She’s getting the house, which through her shenanigans got her more than her fair share of the savings, that should have more than offset the damages!

“Hadn't she gotten what she wanted?” – No, she wanted you destroyed! The fact that you’re not miserable ruins her plans!

I can't buy how noble he is! Carol was a miserable bitch who fucked him over, and I would wish her all the misery she can get!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
DON'T YOU LOVE THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS

To commentee below ! No he's no wimp! Just a typical guy that had his heart torn apart by a cheating bitch! OH In the real world if he so much as laid a hand on carol or her horse cock doctor , the next 5 to 8 years he would get to know a big guy bastard in jail called Bubba So before you shoot me down commenting about this guy! THIS IS FICTION LITEROTICA EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED. LOVE YOU ALL! BYE! OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE, Oh Oh! The story is Fantastic loved it

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Far Out!!

No wonder she dumped him. What a wimp!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
i appreciate your fine writing

I am not certain about some of the complaints, i may not always agree with your ending, but to the end i love the journey

Been try to get soneone to take a stab at story detiled on Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com. cheating wife on thifd marriage who hs literally vowed to go from man to man having affait aftr anthor.

She has stated she cando whatever sbe wats and does not care about destructin she csuses in other peole's lifes. She laugh about destroying a student lover.s reputstion and his life Any lie is fair game, student was driving to campus to reort her sexusll corcion and ther affair. He thought she had left for day but passes crossed. She started a gossip andsocial media campaign that had tried to accost and was. now stalking her and her ex-daughter in law and step daughter. His wife heard stories and moved out a did one son. The other ignored him. He went to cas in half of kie savings, planning on moving to flagstaff only to find funds completely depleted and his wife had left his credit cards some 200K in debt' last i heard he is a hermit, hair down to back, almost toothless paying someone todonweekkyshoping.

The depression led to a stroke and dvt so a man once desribed by one thsn one femle as dro dead gorgeous with 8 pak abs, 30 inch waste 17 in arms 18 in neck fifty inch checst, 30 inch thighs, 18 inch perfectly shaped calves. is now balding crippledalmostbtoothles crooked back. Females use to come up to himnasstrangers in thesummer when hevwas wearingedbhenned jean cutoffsvandtellhe hadthev sexiest legs and butt they eversaw. Females used to gathe in gruops outside construction sights and swoon about his tanned uper body and shoulders.

Females luckyenough to have sharedhis bed could wait topass on stories of his oralexperteice his patience, how he slwly worked his hugely wide head intobtheir begging vagina, how lis length once thrust hard against ther cervix, each one admitting to having gasped in initial pain from that imprint. A pain never felt again as if he gaughed the comfort level oftheirdepths the concentrated and delivering on their pleasure. Called the ING OF CONTROL' FOR TAKING TEM TRROUGH ORGSASMS CRESCENDING AGAIST THE NEXT BEFORE HOURS LSTER AND SOMEWHATA AN AFTERTHOUGH HE WOULD FLOODBTHEMBWITH HIS VOLUMINOUS SEED, THEN AFTERSIFTLYTENDING TO THEIR CLEANUPIN THESHOWER, HE WOULD PATIENTLY ENGAGETHEMIN DELIGHTFUL CONVERAYION WHILE THEY FIXEDTHEIRHAIR AND FACE.

HIS ONLY REQUEST THAT THE LEAVE THEIR BREASTS UNCOVEREDED WHILE THEY TENDED TO THEMSELVES - A TERY TOWEL OR ROBE TIED CROSS HIPS OF HE LONGLIY CGAXED ON THE UNIQUE EXQUISITESS OG THEIR BREASTS. Once fixed up, he drew them back to the bedroom allowed towel to slip to floor. Laying them back, he cherishly exploered every pulse center of their body in tantalizingly exquisite detail. As in times before, he would allow them to redefine once againg what beng ,oved fd,t ike. Unhurried?, selflish , Time would cease as boddies meldedwith souls, each breatehedfor the other until all too soon but at just the perfct time their spirits shivered at spontaneous co-mingling of love.s desire.

I have oft heard his story repeted. The females all say when their senses were regained teir were crsdled in him strong arms, eyes sesrchinhteir facesfesrful he may have hurt them.he would wath wait converse while they dressed?, walked them to and ooen close their door?. A breif kiss of promise good bye then he would watch unmoving s they drove away..

Word got out. No married females, no fianncess or boy friends. Exceptions if male in their lives was caught cheating and she had pproof. Rule two he wasn't a playdr, he didn't chase, he didn't flirtor use pick up lines. He was known for enjoyiing spirited converstions as wel as friendly exchanges. All were welcome in his circle. If he was out for the afteroo-even he was found the same place...the SUNSET END OF THEBWESTERN BAR, wherehe would hold court behindthe shorth cooler bar. All were made to feel selcme, all included in the converstion, all was friendly and respectful though he did tend to tell self-deprecsting stories. Everyone laughed. He never sought to dominate a female.s time or 'cut her from the herd'

While complimentary to all, he NEVER ASED A FEMALE FOR A DATE. NEVER REQUESTED A PHONE NUMBER, NEVER

INTIMATED GETTING AWAY FOR A FE MINUTES.

Fact is he always left alone. When the story got out...one female could wait to brag others were jealous tried todeconstruct exactly what had happened. She herself didn't know he secret untila month later, when no wordbfrom him shewent to^_^WB again and fifteen minutes later followed him out

Word then wwas spread is you would ecperince him, spend some timegettingto know him and his little group of convesationlists. Join in the conversation, the one night when the time was right, simply walk up to him and sk him to tske you in his srms and make love toyou. After confirming you are not druggednor drunk, that youare single and that you are certain youwant to make live to him, then wait twenty minutes after he leaves and meet him by the mtel down the street. When he sees you exit bar he will get room key, go to room and leave door open. Does it that way he told a girl so no one knows where she is going, her reputationbisunsulliefd

I know tis story to be true because iworke the WB bar, Admittedly Danieland ibwere in lovewitheac oth butTHAT THING CALLEDTIMIGi wa married when we met, then he got married and i divored my cheating husbnd, Daniel.s marriage fell apart but he stayed for hos boys. I have daiel's same rule about married people.?for years we had wonderul converstions, my tip jar would overflow, no one insulted me whi,e he wad around but thre wad no flirting or innuendo or future plans. I received numerous poems from him which i read alone in my mountain cabi with a glass of wine on Friday nights

His words expressed my feelings as well as his

''Just so he knows she knows he knows. The poem is privately heal in my heart but i have lived the final words for over twobdecades......

Love has this pact with timing

Wherin a glance allowed comes but by chance

THUS THE MOONBEAM DREAMS THEY HAVE BEEN WALTZIBG

WHILE THE SUN'S RAY KNOWS THEY WILL NEVER DANCE

Since he lauhed with his last goodbye - uknown i would never see him again

Decades later,

I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO HAVE HAD MY DANCE WITH DANIEL

-AS DARKNESS ENTERS MY DREAMS, I MOLD MYSELF INTO THE STRONG ARMS OF THE MAN I AM CERTAIN TONIGHT IS WATZING WITH ME

JUST SO YOU KNOW, WHEN ON OF THE FORTUNATE DRP BY THE WB, AND TEIR GIRL FRIENDS DEMAND A REPLAY OF THEIR TIME WITH DANIEL. SOMETIMES I TURN AWAY WIT TER FILLED EYES, SOMETIMES I WANT TO GO OVER THE BAR AND SCRATCH THEIR EYES OUT,BUT ALWAYS I GO TO MY OURSE, OULL OUT A WORN POEM,AND MY SOUL IS WARMED WITB LOVE. SHE KNEW THE GLORIOUSLY TOUCH OF HIS BEAUTIFUL BODY, BE HE LONG VO VOSE TO ME HIS HEART ND SOUL. AND I ALONE KNOW HE KOWS HE IS MINE

SOMEDAY DARLING DANIEL

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Outrageous sense of entitlement.

According to some of the the anons, the American males burn their cheating wives while the British males simply let them go. Is this correct? Where does it say that American males are entitled to burn anybody?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Kenny Rogers

The main character reminds me of the guy in Kenny Roger's song "The Coward of the County." Only in the Carvohi version the guy never turns around to lock the door. He just walks out accepting his pitiful role in life. What a wonderful difference this story would have made if the author had decided to model his principal (and principles) after Morgan Freeman's portrayal of a high school principal. But then again, we are highlighting the differences between British and American males.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
A great story!

I don't have a clue the pricks come out of the woodwork to criticize authors when they couldn't carry their jockstrap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
carvohi = cheating WHORE wife apologist cuckyboy author!

... nothing more needs to be said.

norcal62norcal62over 8 years ago
Once you got rid of Carol, the story improved.

Too much self-pity in the character. '

The gratuitous prayer-in-schools inclusion was an unnecessary distraction, Keep your religion to yourself and let others have their own without your coercion.

Sad that the anons are so hateful to a sensitive male character.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wimp disgusting tale

He is a moron.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmover 8 years ago
Very Good, Very Good

Hey, I realize this started out as a BTB story. But it actually was a relationship story. Friendship is what makes marriages work. I also would love to see what dad has to say to Brad, Jr. and if it works our or not. I would also like to say, anybody having problems at home they need to read this story. It hits home so close to home. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Brad Jr's story?

Would love to hear it!

H. JekyllH. Jekyllalmost 9 years ago
I liked it

It's not a sex story; it's a story of relationships gone bad and people trying their best but not too well. One wonders about Carol's emotions and motivation, & it's an interesting wonder. My one complaint...the start of the new relationship seemed a bit oh "unlikely" to me. Not a major criticism. I'd say ignore those who want to read with one hand only.

(I didn't know you were still around)

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
The list he is writing for his son

needs to include the ingredient Sheena added

Friendship

If your spouse is not a friend, you don't have a marriage. When you lose the friendship all that is left is a hollow shell.

sdc97230sdc97230almost 9 years ago
Well, from Brad Jr's POV...

His dad didn't wimp out like a cuck husband in some MM story. He went scary nuclear the night he found out about his mom's cheating and smashed everything in sight, and when after only a few months of working on turning the kids against their dad, she married her scumbag wife stealing lover and her true colors came out as she started to neglect them, he stepped up to the plate and was the parent who was always there for them. Then he found a good woman who loved them all and remade a happy family with her.

Of course, Brad Jr. knows nothing about all the pain his father experienced, because Brad Sr. did his best to hide it from his kids. So what he hopes his dad can tell him is how to handle the feelings of dread and doubt he's experiencing now as he contemplates the possible end of his own marriage.

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsalmost 9 years ago
gave it a 5

Great story line and well written

bruce22bruce22almost 9 years ago
Another Fine Story

The thoughtful development of the story is certainly fascinating. The explosion of the betrayed husband seems completely natural to me. The difficulty in trusting another woman is again natural and well characterized.

My only problem is why does the son think that Pops can give good advice on what to do to clarify if his relationship is going bad?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thank you....I especially appreciated the way you juxtaposed Sheena's.....

.......experience and personal fallout with that of our hero. The cheaters seemed jealous of those they betrayed. Almost like they did it to purposely hurt them, because they couldn't measure up somehow....at least, that's how it appeared here.

My own experience somewhat mirrors these folk's troubles. In my case, what fomented serious changes was an invasive mother in law and my need for reasonable privacy. In the end, she still cheated and tried everything she could to vindicate her behavior. Unlike our hero, I got that something was profoundly wrong almost immediately.

She seemed weak and silly to me then. In the intervening years, I certainly moved on, fortunate to be surrounded by good and decent family and friends. She seemed to have been defined by that period of her life and seemed doomed to forever relive it.

Bravo for a piece that manages some sensibility, while conveying a mostly and clearly male mindset.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Reality in fiction

Nicely done. Well developed characters and plot.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

five stars. This is real life. Very authentic. I'm trying to decide if the title indicates there is going to be another installment. I never can tell with you. The son's story next? Or perhaps the wife?

sdc97230sdc97230almost 9 years ago
Kind of hoping that Brad Jr's wife turns out not to be cheating

Three generations of cuckold husbands would be a powerful argument for them to just let their bloodline die out.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 9 years ago
Characters I Love to Hate

You create great, imperfect characters. As usual, they are interesting, infuriating, and sympathetic with pretty good stories to tell.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
meh

I really don't understand the high score for this one.

There is nothing original here.

3.5 at most

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Nice Job and Thanks!

I liked that you explored a relationship that just COULDN'T continue. Even if there WERE kids involved.....

I liked that the prompting for his recollections of a long buried past was that he was preparing mentally to answer questions and offer advice to his son. This idea in contrast to the smarmy, although seemingly conventional thinking of: "if things are so good NOW, why revisit the failures of the past? Haven't you moved on, yet?" It manages to fit well as an underlying justification for even thinking about HER these days. Being able to compare and contrast old and new loves, as well as younger versus older world view and maturity, should help his son gain needed perspective. While only hinted at, it seems very reasonable to assume the son has LOTS of unresolved issues with his mother, and these may be negatively impacting his relationship with his own young wife. Getting a better understanding of his mother, through his father's eyes, will certainly prove to be beneficial, even if it is a little painful.

It seems that JPB has often explored the idea of how a spouse acts PRE-MARRIAGE as a prime determining factor to how they act POST-MARRIAGE. I don't think JPB is as eloquent as you, but I could see his influence here in the sub-dermal layers of this story's set-up. At the final confrontation (confession), she throws in his face that he HAD to know she was cheating all along, since it had gone back to the days of their courtship. We always see how this erodes the respect the cheater has for the cheated. He might have known, but not for sure. Or was it that he didn't WANT to know? I think entire stories have been worked up JUST to tackle the premise of this type of "the hubby is always the last to know" brand of denial. But the object lesson always remains the same. If your girlfriend will cheat on you, making her your wife not only won't end it, but will actually ENCOURAGE her to continue! Maybe this is why long engagements, and cohabitation are ESSENTIAL steps prior to marriage. Of course, lets not forget the demands for TOTAL honesty! (Of course if you DEMAND total honesty, then you best be prepared to ACCEPT getting it!!) The "what if only?" type questions won't change the past, but perhaps they CAN help to salvage the next generation's potentially endangered future?

You've written a few stories here lately that I have read, but didn't feel the need to comment on. That said, I do always vote, and you always get high marks from me. You DO seem to be getting better, and DO deseerve the recogniition of being one of Lit's "BETTER" writers. Despite still getting some unfairly doled out crap in your comments, I still REALLY respect and appreciate you keeping them open to anon feedback. Perhaps THIS is why I felt the need to comment, if only to remind you of a segment of the anon readership that DOES enjoy your work, and is grateful for your continued contributions. Please continue challenging ALL of your audience to (if nothing else) THINK about things differently as they perhaps consider an alternative viewpoint. Yet a story like this makes it easy to do, because the realism portrayed here was MORE than just plausible, it was almost NORMAL! Egads! These COULD be the people next door!!!! LOL! When you achieve that, then I think you have begun to master certain tricky objectives of character development. And no wonder, the character development in your stories has LONG been their highlight!

Thanks again, and can't wait for the next!

Solid 5 stars, no matter WHAT HIV says....................

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
This

is an absolutely terrific piece. Compelling, warm, wise.

DFWBeastDFWBeastalmost 9 years ago
Thank you sir!

As always a solidly written story, even a little less wordy than usual. Absolutely love the way you develop your characters. They're always flawed and interesting. Thanks again for the ride!

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
The Evolution of Wisdom

I enjoyed the evolving emotions of a thoughtful ex husband. It felt very true to life. I also enjoyed the realistic portrait of a cheater and their perpetual dissatisfaction with what they have. I have witnessed the results of this self destructive foolishness.

I have looked back at what might have been, and what things had become, and I have thanked God for what I have! If you follow the rules, if you make good decisions and you do not let fear and desire master you - life will always work out for the best.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicalmost 9 years ago
Divorce

Just thinking you found something better. Carol was living for the future and now is wishing for the past. It has always amassed be what people say during the breakup and the amount of garbage they say when they are being fed garbage from their new 'lover' thanks for the read 4+

francis_toliverfrancis_toliveralmost 9 years ago
Many Thanks Carvohi!

One of the best writers on Lit and always a pleasure to read!

I loved that this story was so "slice of life". Things happened and life went on. The only real punishment his wife suffered was that she had to live with herself and the flaws that drove her to do what she did. Those same flaws meant she would always want something just out of reach. Never to be truly happy and content in her life or her self. Not truly unhappy either just never...satisfied. This is my experience with people like her. He was well rid of her and ended up with the real prize; true love and a good life.

I love a happy ending.

Thanks again for sharing your writing with us! It makes me smile when I see a story from you on the lists.

retmstrretmstralmost 9 years ago
****

Too bad. The good guys get the skanks. I'm not sure I'm a good guy, buy, I've had two very good wives. The 1st, and mother to my 5 children was a good mother and better grandmother, (40 years) which proved to be her demise. Artificial Mitral valve failed due to infection caught from Grandchild. Second wife , my true love for 24 years is the best of the best. Both of us elderly and still in love. Never have had a serious disagreement. Always talk things out and important decisions made together.

Good story carvohi. Written well and caries a lesson/story. Kudos & Cheers!

artykay63artykay63almost 9 years ago
too realistic?

It is quite interesting reading the comments that nothing happened in the story Of course it did, it is just that it happened with little or no drama, a bit like most peoples lives. I can imagine his outburst of frustration that led to him wrecking the home, he got in a frenzy which fed on its own anger. I agree that the son might be better advised to talk to his mother as well, since she cheated on his father maybe her insight might help explain the daughter in laws motivation.

thanks for the read.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous