An Unhappy Reunion Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BigMadStork
BigMadStork
3,962 Followers

Wendy never saw the hand slap coming towards her face. I did, and I snatched Betty's forearm before she struck her daughter. Wendy's mother gasped at me, she is furious that her daughter would dare talk back to her or Fran. Aunt Betty knows how vengeful Fran is, she won't forget this anytime soon. Both Wendy and Betty will suffer dearly.

I say with a smile, "It's not nice to hit people anywhere, but especially in a church. I have a nice position working for wonderful people that appreciate me. I help people financially grow wealth and retire wealthy. I don't worry about money, I have enough for a lifetime."

I look at mom and Fran, "You two are as evil and mean as I remember. So much for mellowing in your old age. I would say it's sad, but really, it's pathetic the way you two treat others. Shame on both of you."

I look at a scared Betty and a bubbly Wendy, "It's been nice seeing you again. I have other stuff to do and I won't hold you up any longer. I showed up, made peace with my father, and now it is time to leave. Have a nice day and goodbye."

I give Wendy a kiss on the cheek. She enjoyed that very much. The rest want desperately to say something mean. I leave them with mouths open.

I look at Kara and Lisa, "I have some money for all four sisters. I will be at the Country B&B in town for a day or two. Come see me soon. Please pass the word to Daisy."

Nell adds, "Daisy owns the B&B, you'll find her there most days."

I think to myself, no duh. When Daisy turned eighteen, I got an email from her. She wanted to get away from mom and dad. Bill had offered her the property and house at a stupid good price. However, she needed $200,000 to restore the place. She barely had $20.00. That very day I set aside a nest egg for each of my sisters. I had no use for them, but I didn't want them under mom's spell, and they are family still.

I set up a line of credit at the bank. She worked hard and must have pinched her pennies. She only used $135,000. She never paid any money back, but I can see why. There isn't much business here. Near a major highway and she would have done much better. She couldn't leave town, she wanted to stay near her friends.

I reply, "Thanks Nell. I hope I see you and your sisters soon. I am only here for a few days so don't wait too long. I have made my peace with dad, time I move on. Goodbye everyone."

I hear mom yell, "You good for nothing loser. Go back where you came from. We don't need you around here. City boys can't handle the country. Oh, that suit, it looks terrible on you. Is it from Goodwill?"

If I turn around, she wins. No way in hell I give her anything to make her happy. My feet continue walking right on out of the church and to my car. I laugh to myself, like my mom would know how a suit is supposed to fit. It's funny, the only thing she could come up with was a comment about the way I dress. Many of the others wore blue jeans and a plaid denim shirt.

It hits me, in this town, my family is white trash. They might have lived in a trailer had I not saved them and purchased the place. Yet that ungrateful bitch has contempt for me. Me! I make more in a year than they will in twenty years. My fists are clenched and turning white. I breathe deep and take a moment to relax. They are not worth it. Time to move on.

As I walk out, I see a few old friends.

I yell out, "Hi Jim. Hi Bob. What's up guys?"

These were my two best friends in school. They never went after my mom or sister ... that I know of. They look at me. Then I see their smiles fade as they realize who I am. They ignore me and walk back to their rusty Ford pickup. I guess they spent time with my family. Damn them. Probably waited until I was gone before they took their turn.

Well, that went much better than I expected. I can only assume that Lisa and Kara have taken over the position of fuck toy that I was supposed to hold. They're submissive and have zero social skills. I feel responsible for their situation, I need to fix that. I need help them. To be honest, I am surprising myself. Why do I care? I hated them for a long time. It was seeing them, realizing it very easily could have been me in their place had I not left. I feel guilt.

Chapter 2 - The B&B

I pull up to the "Country Bed and Breakfast." It's a large renovated house on the main drag that has several rooms for rent and some small cabins in the back yard. I like my privacy, so I get one of the cabins. A few people are milling around. They are in town for the funeral. The house looks like an antique museum shoved into a house. Then add some country charm, tasteful decoration and it is quite the place. I have no idea how she did it, but the place is spectacular. I think I might like this sister.

There is an old lady at the desk where I check in. I give her my credit card.

Gina stares at my card, "I have heard of these but never seen one. It's pretty cool looking and as I understand it, literally no limit, right."

I chuckle, "I never tried to find out. It pays for the things I need. A single monthly payment makes my life nice and easy. I don't have time to waste paying bills."

A little old lady in a walker comes up to me.

Old lady Davis, "Dave, I remember you. You're John's boy. The smart one that ran off. I taught all your family, you were the smart one. I liked you. You look to be doing ok for yourself. Are you OK? My condolences to you for your father. He was a good guy."

I reach down and hug my old grade school teacher, "It's great to see you Miss Davis. I did escape my mom and yes, I've done well for myself. I plan to see your son later today."

Old lady Davis, "He is a good boy. You won't find many friends in this area, but he is fair. If he gives you any trouble, you let me know, and I will tan his ass for you. He may be Sheriff of this tiny town, but I am still his mom and can still whoop his ass."

A younger woman sneers at me, "You should be ashamed of yourself for the way you treated your parents."

I ask, "Do I know you? I left this town the day I turned eighteen and spent four years overseas. Today's the first day I've talked to my mother in fourteen years. I don't know what you think I did, but you are dead wrong, unless leaving a manipulative slut is against the law."

Her boyfriend comes up to her side and tries to look tough. He fails. I dwarf the skinny punk.

Boyfriend, "We don't need any city trash like you around here. Leave my girl alone and go back home or else."

What did I do? I was talking to my old teacher and his bitch interrupts me. My anger flares. I am big enough that when my anger flares, I can turn this situation ugly quickly. I stand in front of him looking down. The guy now looks like he is sad he said anything. With nostrils flaring, "You have no idea what I am capable of."

Catching myself, I calm down, "I have been to some pretty bad places and survived, you don't scare me kid. Not with the shit I have seen and done. I suggest you go on your way and take your girl out to a nice dinner. I'll pay for your room to show you what a nice guy I am. It's not your fault you don't know me, but better think twice the next time you falsely accuse someone. Especially when that person can kill you in a blink of an eye thirteen ways with his bare hands."

I do a quick hand moment and he jumps. That amuses me no end. I smirk at him. What a piece of shit.

I move to Gina at the counter, "Put their room on my tab."

As she hands me my key, she leans forward and softly asks, "Could you really do that?"

I answer casually, "When the need arises, people do what they have to do. I had great training and yes, in a heartbeat I have and still can. But I'm a civilian now. Those days are long behind me. I help people manage their money now. It's funny though, this small town is far more hostile than New York ever was. I would never have guessed that was possible. Based on what's happened here so far, I need to see Davis's son. Bill's his name, right?"

Gina says, "Nice memory, his name is Bill. He's a great guy, just like his mother."

+++++

I drive over to the sheriff's station and Bill is in. When I say drive, I mean I moved my car half a block off the main drag to the police department. I have had apartments that were larger than this dump.

As I walk in, Bill looks at me like I am a ghost. Then he smiles at me.

Bill reaches out for a hug, "Hi Dave. I knew you were in town. I got several phone calls about you. They wanted me to look for arrest warrants. Funny, none exist. The rumor was you raped your mother, Lisa, and Kara. Then you killed several people on your way to Mexico. Another rumor has you as a New York hit man. My favorite is you are a porn producer that forces underage women to make movies for you." He is almost laughing.

It's funny, we were never close, but he was always an honest guy and I respected him.

I yell out, "This town is nuts, I think half the town wishes I were dead."

As Bill pulls away, "No, it's closer to 100%. Half don't care but don't want to like you for fear of Fran. I take it you met your family at the funeral?"

I hand Bill some paperwork, "Yes I did, I knew what I was in for. I wasn't surprised. I want you to make a copy of that just in case it's needed."

Bill takes a moment to read the documents. It's the deed to my house that my parents used to own.

Bill has a look of astonishment on his face, "Oh my. What are your intentions?"

He looks concerned, so I answer, "I want to help out my sisters. I have enough money. I don't care about my mother. I'm not here to make things worse for her or my sisters. Unfortunately, I don't control all factors involved so that is my insurance policy. You can have it verified if you need."

Changing the subject, I ask, "I noticed that my two sisters seem like slaves. What's going on?"

Bill says, "I think they are. Your mother is very domineering of your sisters and your family in general. I don't know how, but Nell and Daisy got away from her. Your mom doesn't bother them. However, with your dad gone, I see trouble brewing soon. As mayor, Fran can make life hard on people. No permit here, a lost paper there, refuse to approve this or that. Yet, if you suck up to her you are rewarded with easy and quick approvals and no hassles.

"Since all your sisters are over eighteen, not a thing I can do." Then he slips in with a smile, "That goes both ways though and it has served Nell and Daisy well. There are plenty of people here that don't like the heavy-handed ways of your mother and Fran. Nobody around here has the backbone to stand up to them. Then add the goon squad of Fran's husband and two worthless sons, and she has firm control of this town.

"I have tried to get people to press charges, but Fran's husband and sons intimidate them until they cave in. There isn't anything I can do legally."

Oh well, at least I know why the family hates me now.

Bill adds as an afterthought, "I never believed you beat Lisa and Kara. You loved those girls. You would have given your life protecting them. I doubt anyone else believed it either."

I have taken enough of his time, "Ok, now the important stuff, where am I safe in this town and where should I eat?"

Bill smiles and shakes his head, "First National Bank hates your mother. They had several run ins with her and they are not from this area. Your sister's place is the best place to stay and eat. The diner is ok and safe, good desserts there. Granny's isn't much to look at, but the food is great. People come from two hours away because we have three restaurants. They are guaranteed to find at least one open.

"My family owns Granny's. Jane works there, and you will be quite safe there. I know you liked Jane. You should have dated her. I think Jane still has a crush on you. She really liked you back in high school. She was too shy to say anything. She was crushed when you left. She never got a chance to say goodbye. I should pistol whip you for that, she was a mess for a month."

He is shaking his head as he says that and continues, "Most of the small stores will be nice to you, the economy is bad here, they are desperate for some money. You look like you have plenty."

I smile and shake his hand goodbye, "Thanks for the info. I'm only here a few days and will try not to cause too much trouble." I grin big, his grin fades. "I'll spend some money and make people happy. OK? Feel better?" I wave goodbye and leave.

I drive down to the bank and set up accounts for my sisters. I had an attorney friend draw up the instructions back in New York. They are very specific and if the bank follows my directions and intent, they will earn a healthy fee. Knowing they hate my mother, I am now confident in their ability.

I then go down to Granny's to have dinner. Like Bill said, not much to look at but excellent food. I do remember his sister. She was short, thin, had braces, and was kind of gangly. She wore hand-me-down clothes that were out of style. I remember her being smart and polite. She was socially awkward and didn't talk much. She always wore her light brown hair short.

As I walk in, I recognize Jane immediately, she has the same eyes. Bill failed to mention that his sister is gorgeous now. She is tall at about 5' 10" and not a pound over 125. She is thin with light brown hair still and now it is styled and cut short with a bounce. She has an infectious smile. Overall, 24B-22-24. She is too skinny. Over the objections of an employee she ends up as my waitress. I smile at her manipulation.

Jane came to me to get my order and then stops to get a better look at me. She looks confused.

I speak up, "Jane, it's really me, Dave. I am in town for my father's funeral."

Jane is almost speechless, "They said you ... Look at ... That suit ... What happened?"

I laugh, "Whatever they say I did, other than leave, I didn't do it. I spent some time in the military and the gym. I work for a big company as a financial planner. They expect me to wear nice suits. I'm only here for a few days. I paid my respects and want to say hi to my sisters."

She stares at me. I honestly don't think it has registered yet who I am. Her eyes are undressing me as I sit in the booth. It's sort of creepy having her look at me like this but I am used to it. She is cute while doing it, she thinks I don't know.

I speak which makes her look at me and I say, "Your best steak, medium, baked potato, green beans, and unsweetened iced tea."

She snaps out of her coma and walks to the kitchen. She never wrote down my order. I wonder what I will get. While I wait, several sets of eyes glare at me and many more seem curious. I check my email and text messages. About a hundred condolences from friends and co-workers, 80% female. I chuckle at that.

I sit lost in thought. I have enough money to retire so why don't I? Why? I love the game of providing the highest returns and keeping people's money safe. It's hard and satisfying. Besides, I am still looking for a worthy girlfriend. I want someone to spend my life with.

Jane touches my shoulder; my food is in front of me. Wow, I was lost in thought a lot longer than I thought.

Embarrassed, I say, "Thank you, this looks wonderful."

Without asking, she sits down opposite me in the booth. She is licking her chops and staring at me. It's starting to get weird again.

I ask her, "Would you like some? I shouldn't eat all of this. I need to stay slim and trim. This is a large dinner for one person."

She bashes her eye lashes at me, "No thanks." Bill said you were from New York. From the looks of that suit, you eat at some good restaurants. My clients can't afford a properly aged steak, I know I don't compare. But I want to know how I stack up against some of the world's best chefs."

I sample everything and then I give her an honest answer, "If I were being honest with you, they would not feed this to their dogs." I try to be honest with everyone. It's a fault sometimes ... like now.

She looks crushed and near tears; she is going to get up and run away. I grab her hand, she isn't going anywhere. She looks at me with tears in her eyes. She is crushed. She was clearly looking for something more complimentary. I feel horrible now.

I continue, "You didn't let me finish. You must understand that those are some of the world's best chefs. They have one person dedicated to making the potatoes. Another on the green beans. The main chef on the steak. They have a baker making fresh rolls all day long. They spend more money on the ingredients for making the green beans than you charge for this entire meal.

"The chefs go to a four-year culinary arts school then works for up to twenty years in upper class establishments. They work night and day for years perfecting a few recipes. They serve ten times what you do in a day. With no formal training, old worn-down equipment, and a shoestring budget, you produced a magnificent meal. I am thoroughly enjoying it.

"Bill said this was the best place in town and right now I would find it hard to disagree with him. With your experience, budget, and equipment, you can't compete with the world's best. This really was very good. Really. I have eaten in many places that were far nicer and charged far more, yet they wouldn't hold a candle to your cooking."

She sat there in a daze with a huge smile on her face. Then it turns to tears. She gets up, bends down to give me a soft kiss on the lips, and then skips back to the kitchen. What the hell? Now what am I supposed to make of that?

When done, I leave a tip five times the bill. Let that get around town. There are several women, young and old, by the kitchen door watching me leave.

After dinner I walk around town to get a feel for things. The buildings are the same, many of the stores are the same, most of the owners are the same as well. I receive a mostly positive reception. Many of the older store owners remember me and still like me. Town consists of one block of stores, a traffic light, and then another block of stores. That includes a gas station at one end and a supermarket at the other. I try to spend some money at several of the stores. I have people at home that can use stuff.

The B&B has a cocktail hour at 6:30 pm. I walk back to my car and drive back. I put my luggage in the room. It is a bit over the top with the charming country theme, but I guess that's much better than the typical minimalist look that most hotels have these days. Six pillows on the bed, a puffy comforter, a blanket on the foot of the bed. The furniture is all antique except the bed which is king size. A couple of chairs, a small table, a basket with fresh fruit on the table. Two pieces of chocolate on the bed pillows. The washroom is tasteful and clean enough that it looks brand new.

I will have no problem staying here. I hang up my suit and change into dress shirt and slacks. I laugh at myself, I don't have a pair of blue jeans. I am wearing short sleeves due to the summer heat and that is my way of dressing casual.

It's a bit after 6:30 now, I slowly walk back to the main house. There is a room set up with a bar and some round tables and chairs to encourage people to talk. Some family is there, they stay together at one table. I get a 7&7 then sit by myself and wait to see what develops.

There is another couple there that knows nobody, they stop by and make small talk. They look like honeymooners and they are off to bed early. A few of the older family members remember me, say hi and join the others. The place fills up, but I am still alone. I am almost ready to leave since there is nobody to talk to. I can read and work in my room.

Gina and Mrs. Davis stop by and sit down with me. I get their drink orders and serve them which makes them giggle that a young guy would do that for them. They both seem to like fishing. They continuously cast their fishing nets for personal facts on me. If I evade, they repeat the same question, but use a different phrase.

BigMadStork
BigMadStork
3,962 Followers