All Comments on 'An Unspoken Message'

by 012Say

Sort by:
  • 111 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 3 years ago

Interesting story. I wonder what he would have done if he had never cheated. Would he have gone nuclear? Ended the marriage and gone after the company and the a-hole?

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

Strategy of indirect approach worthy of the great one himself, Miyamoto Musashi!

Banzai!

Brilliant piece of writing!

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 3 years ago

So she could bang a football team as long as she does not admit it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Like the story! But I've read this story before. Can anyone explain that?

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 3 years ago

This story should be banned. It is not a great story and utterly improbable about the messaging.

But, then the author never finishes.

So, total waste of time.

hotpussiehotpussieabout 3 years ago

i tought it was a crap story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It's like racking a shotgun.

klachack!

no shots fired, no words exchanged

message received and understood

Nice touch :)

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 3 years ago

Well, at least he wasn’t a complete hypocrite and didn’t go nuclear for suspecting that she had done something he’d done twice himself.

But I admit to not understanding the story. What’s an iron clad no cheating contract? Does that mean he’d have had to divorce her, no questions asked, if he’d caught her in bed with some guy?

lujon2019lujon2019about 3 years ago

cuck story with no cuck tag = 1 star

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This is a few minutes I wasted reading this that I'll never get back. Put SOME effort into your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Very clever

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

Meh. Nothing there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I have to agree with XZY that it is crazy that she can have all the affairs she wants as long as she denies it ever happened. Just because he was weak and cheated he lets her have whatever she wants. At some point I guess they have to call each other even.

He should just confront her and if she doesn't say anything about not getting divorced then let it go.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 3 years ago

Meh. Less is not more in this case.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wimp!

Super_Slut_69Super_Slut_69about 3 years ago

Don't listen to the anon and most of the rest. Keep writing.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago

Cute! If he were not equally guilty, I suspect the outcome would be different.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 3 years ago

Devious bugger, wasn't he?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Two entitled cheaters with serious character faults that don't know what loyalty and fidelity mean. The two deserve each other. Nothing new or clever here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nah....didn’t work.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Interesting story about what was essentially a one time hall pass. I would have preferred him having a personal conversation with Jay.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Didn't work

We don't know if his "one time" affair was years ago or last week. We don't know the reason behind his affair and we don't know if his wife knew. The game he plays to let his wife know that he knows about her affair was too transparent. And did he solve his work problem? Too many unanswered questions in this mess.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

That was feeble. How would he feel if he discovers she's done it seven times in the past few months with three different men? He made absolutely no effort to find out the truth before he was so magnanimous (or naive).

luedonluedonabout 3 years ago

Despite this being a rather different story for LW, in that the husband's reaction was neither revenge/retribution (BTB) or subservience/submission (Cuck), something like what the husband did here is probably the most common reaction in real life adultery situations. 'Don't Ask Don't Tell' was formalised in this story by 012Say because of the couple's agreement about no cheating. Just pretending that it didn't happen and hoping everybody will get over it happens in many marriages.

.

I thought it was a worthy addition to the LW stock of stories, and probably would have been better with more than the 750 words to flesh it out.

.

Lue

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

I liked it. It wasn't quite as tight as a HDK short story, but then, who's is? 4*

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 3 years ago

Good start. Where's the rest of the story?

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

one and done need there be more said he needed to get on with his life alone

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

both are cheaters and cannot be trusted

He knows wife is cheating and accepted spooky seconds after putting pressure on her to end her affair without actually confronting her makes him a simp.

750 words is not enough to tell a story unless the guy is a simp or cuck.

1 star

TheKrrakTheKrrakabout 3 years ago

Head in the sand philosophy has caused too much bullshit - and it's reiterated in this tale.

1/5

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

Just another 750 word turd that could have been a very interesting story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

PISS POOR............................

what the fuck does he mean, "clever girl, she did not really lie." She was fucking around. That meas not being faithful. To say that she wasn't was a blatant lie. O12say should have just left this one alone.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funabout 3 years ago

Brilliant

Just, simple and elegant.

Ignore Anons - they have the intellect of a dodo bird.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Nope. All that one and done and he went the willing cuck route? He may have stopped it but he was still cucked and she knows hes a whimp now. With his lack of self respect one could expect s second round of cuckedness soon.

trandall9991trandall9991about 3 years ago

My problem is that she already cheated on him. How else do you explain leaving a hotel one week prior to getting your flowers, and the lawyers to her boss. I would love some revenge against the boss.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

As it turned out, Sandy and Bill did NOT have an iron-clad, one and done policy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So, a marriage built not on trust and honesty but gamesmanship, manipulation, and denial. Hey, if that works for them who cares?

But I do wonder if fear and uncertainty are as effective as morals and ethics for preserving and enhancing a marriage relationship. If she enjoyed being a slut, and quit only because she thinks she almost got caught, what happens at her next opportunity to whore herself out to some really appealing man, but at a time and place when getting caught appears to be impossible? Like when she is traveling away from home for several days and meets Mr. Hunk.

If this marriage endures it will be completely by chance and luck. And while she may be at peace thinking her husband is faithful, he will always wonder if she's fucking around again once the fright wears off and the consequences seem remote. Who would want to stay in a marriage like that? Pathetic.

Thanks for the effort.

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 3 years ago

@lameasel: Why would she think he is a wimp? She doesn't know that he knows she cheated. She might think he is clueless, because it seems to have been only a very short affair, but she doesn'tknow how he would react if he knows she cheated. As for her opinion he still might enforce the one and done rule.

tralan69ertralan69erabout 3 years ago

I liked it, but it could have been a lot more. Thank you for your story.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago

Original and different. Not the usual but a good execution of the idea. Realize though, it’s difficult to score high with a reconciliation on here. In truth, why would he believe her this time? OTOH, he has cheated twice before so....

SkubabillSkubabillabout 3 years ago

Lacking a little but not bad.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 3 years ago

Thank you. I will be following you to see how you progress.

Drgnmstr97Drgnmstr97about 3 years ago

Clever plot but the protagonist contradicts himself almost immediately. An Iron clad one and done policy and he sets it aside because he himself had cheated and gotten away with it. Sadly cheaters are just not that forgiving. He has only been working a brutal schedule for 6 short weeks. Within less than 5 months his wife is cheating with someone from her new job. It makes no sense that he would forgive her for that, especially with the one and done AND his business partner knows about his wife's cheating. If she is willing to stray after a dry spell of 6 weeks why would he want to stay with her?

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 3 years ago

About as good as can be done in 750 words. Thanks for the read. ***** cd

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

I guess that works, hid you head in the sand! You cheat I cheat and we'll just ignore it? Good short story, one and done, riiiiiggghhhht!

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 3 years ago

Clever. but ls lacking meat on the bone. Wasn't enough in the story to be convince his wife was done cheating.

carvohicarvohiabout 3 years ago

I agree with several other people who've written comments. First, it is a creative way to deal with infidelity. The writer Ohio would be delighted to read it. Second, as with the other writers I thought it was thin. Of course, there's not much that one can do with a 750 words.

It's a five.

Keep at it.

carvohi (Jedd Clampett)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Hmm

“ I promise I am faithful and always will be”. Well at least until next time!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So over the whole 750 words thing. Seven hundred and fifty words is the minimum for a story submission. The question, or challenge, is ‘can you write a complete story in exactly 750 words’? The answer is ‘No - you can’t!’ These attempts are always and without fail lacking.

jazzharpjazzharpabout 3 years ago
I gave it a five when your story first appeared.

Most comment are lame as usual.

He sent her the message -- you are busted! One and done!

But he doesn't want to be done! He wants her to know next time we are really done!

And she lets him know, I got your message loud and clear. If she strays again, she's toast and she knows it. He's right to keep his infidelity to himself.

Clever story! That's not a comment on the "morality" of their both cheating. It is a very clever story! Thank you.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

That was just plain dumb, from start to finish. There is literally no reason for this waste of storage space to exist.

It wasnt clever, it was two useless people who obviously need to move on with their lives and find partners they actually love and respect.

I laugh when a writer tries to justify being an accepting cuck as you did here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

try making it a into story. It comes out as statement of a happening. JK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Not too bad. Dont worry about what some people write. Enjoyed the story line. One and done is what is needed more of in the life of a human. Wish my wife could have seen that. Unfortunately religion got in the way. Keep going.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 3 years ago

He strayed twice. She gets a pass. Going forward if either strays, no more passes. Just end it as it is not worth pretending it is a great American Love Story.

PorterrhPorterrhalmost 3 years ago

We had a policy one and done ……. 3 affairs later ………..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Confused. They have a rule of one and done yet he did twice, knows she did at least once, and he keeps her? Why not just come out and tell her he knows she cheated but tell he he did as well and then determine if they want to stay together? What is stopping her from cheating again but just be more careful? They can do it at work when no one is around. No need for a motel.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

If their marriage’s cheating policy is one and done, then why did he cheat twice?

Both of them are cheaters which makes neither one a sympathetic character.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

She was caught , why did he think it might be a one time situation. I am sure it wasn't / where do we find these wimp stories. Any one ever just walk up and punch his wife in the face for cheating / might change the divorce figures dramatically. Sure would make a point / Female bulling is not a great idea . HOPE !

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Damn

A little weird, even for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was weird. Guy was a 2 time cheater, but still would divorce wife if she strayed once.

.

But only if wife admits it? If she does what he did and lies by omission, everything is cool?

.

Too stupid.

.

2 **

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 2 years ago

I liked this story. definitely okay with the RAAC angle. I down-graded the score simply because of this: "I promise I am faithful and always will be." Clever girl, she did not really lie, To say that I am faithful, means that you actually ARE FAITHFULL. If you literally weren't faithful a week ago, that IS lying. lol

johsunjohsunover 2 years ago

I liked it. Good concept. For me if falls in the category of: 'It's a good marriage, I don't want to throw it away, and anyway I cheated and won't do it again, so now we're even and (hopefully) it'll continue to be an even better marriage with both of us wiser people.'

.

Long winded but a decent concept. I think a lot of marriages would be better off with this philosophy than the burn to the ground method. Even in fiction! In real life divorce sucks and everyone loses - except the lawyers. But in fiction, well, sometimes a good burn the bitch, burn the bull, and burn the cheating husband can be entertaining. But this is still a good story.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

In LW wives of highly successful men take jobs as secretary “EA🙄” at an unbelievably high rate.

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

Two selfish cheaters decide to stay together. Well, I’m sure they will outgrow the desire for cheap thrills and become completely dedicated to each other… hey, it is possible, right?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was actually good. Like in a married too long to start all over again kind of way. I'm okay with this ending

smmhomesmmhomeover 2 years ago

Thanks for your story. I love the great writing.

I didn't care for this story. I don’t like the concept of sacrificing of honesty and principles in order to sustain relationship inertia.

If there's love there, and that love can overcome the failure of both parties living up to their principles, be honest & work on the marriage. Something good should be salvageable and trust and commitment have a chance to be reestablished.

Without honesty, how does one trust going forward? Is denial a permanent strategy that will work for principled people?

012Say012Sayover 2 years agoAuthor

To smmhome. What a great comment. A thank you and an intelligent response for why you did not like it. While I agree with your logic, this was just a story. Thanks for the time to comment

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

FTDS. No, it’s NOT artistic to leave a story hanging - it’s lazy writing. Finish the Damn Story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written, but no one to root for or against.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The marriage has a short half life. They both cheated when the opportunity arose and it suited them. And as far as they know neither spouse ever found out about their adultery, and they enjoyed it. So when the opportunity arises again, and it will, what do you think one or both of them will do? Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The both of you are sick, divorce her and start again, two liars staying together is a disaster

JensensloverJensensloverover 2 years ago

FTDS! Not cute or clever and one and done? If they don't admit to it, there is no 'one & done?' 1*

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
I gave this 3-stars on first read.

But on second read I think this is really quite clever. Should have given it, at minimum, 4-stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

They deserve each other. Barely a story. 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Absolute Crap if you want to cheat (male or female) get a divorce Not worth the worry about would he_she do it again (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Story sucked

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Shit story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very well written and liked the progression. Some of the comments are bizarre. Keep writing please

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 2 years ago

"No!" she assured me, "I promise I am faithful and always will be."

That *is* a lie. She might promise to *be* faithful (leaving unspoken "starting now") but she *isn't* faithful (encompassed by "I am"), hence a lie.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I can see what you were trying to do, and I think it would have been interesting but what you've published is so short that it doesn't even begin to have a chance not to suck ass.

bookmadcatbookmadcatalmost 2 years ago

She's been seen leaving a motel, the impression is therefore that she has already cheated. Without explanation of this situation the story makes no sense

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well done. A little thin, but serviceable

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So uve both cheated why r u even together maybe she was evening the score

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Cuck cuck cuck cuck, com and get it cucky, cuck cuck cuck, the creampie is still warm, cuck cuck cuck.

Captcha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Huh?

SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

5* A tidy, clever little story. A bit of careful negotiation about their "slips" allowed them, tactfully and fundamentally honestly, to carry on a good marriage. I think that they would both know it had been a close thing and that, have weighed up the pros and cons, both would work hard at being faithful in the future. (I know that other readers will see a different future.) I like believable reconciliations and that is what I see here. Thank for saying so much in so few words.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

.....and you want to keep her?

jazzharpjazzharpover 1 year ago

Always loved the sparse style, the shot across the bow. Your critics miss the point. She came around really quick, and probably for good. One never can foretell the future; but that was never the point of this story.

I'm marking it as a favorite; I do reread them.

DrprepDrprepover 1 year ago

Cute, but not effective.

What becomes of a marriage without Trust?

Hubby is a typical naive liberal; pretend the issue does not exist, and the issue disappears.

Not a way to live; more sadly, not a way to run a country.

BigRon49BigRon49about 1 year ago

You cheated once, what makes you think this is her first time?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sweet!

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Odd. She didn't "really" lie? What did she "really" do? You can pretend if you want to, but it doesn't "really" change anything. Think of an ostrich with its head in the sand. Now consider what a great target its ass is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She was not "clever," just deceitful. No trust. No marriage.

nestorb30nestorb30about 1 year ago

Oh come on people, read the story.. The husband had cheated in the past as well and never told his wife. By letting her deny cheating he did not have to divorce his wife because they both had a one and done policy. Simple

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A well written and clever tidbit; greatly appreciated and made me smile.

Not a weak strategy by husband to hang onto the wife, if that is what he really wanted. Just cannot buy that he would care to live like that.

shopratshoprat7 months ago

These two won't be together long. Both strayed from their deal, not a good place to be. Dalliances might possibly be forgiven if that's their agreed deal I suppose, although I can't really see it working very well in real life. Not my favorite of yours and you have done some excellent stories.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user012Say@012Say
I find the LW stories fascinating. So many talented authors finding different stories in a very narrow set of circumstances. The stories which I prefer (to write) are not as black and white as some. I think living well is the best revenge. I keep looking for stories which appr...