An Unusual Beginning Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When his mother arrived at his father's office David had signed into his email account and opened the email Arlene had sent him about her doctor's visit.

He scrolled down pass the message that Diana sent to Arlene, down to the ultrasound images Arlene included in the email.

David had been so engrossed with looking at the images he hadn't taken the time to read the message Arlene sent with them.

Here's your copy of the ultrasound results, as promised. Surprise!

David looked closely at the three images again and noticed that there were three spots on the images, and each had a letter next to it. They were labeled baby A, baby B, and baby C. He wondered how he missed the letters the first time he looked at the images.

His mother was the first to react to what they were seeing.

"Do those letters mean what I think they mean?" she asked.

"If you think they mean that Arlene is pregnant with more than one baby, you're right," David responded, smiling from ear to ear.

Franklin Sr. counted the letters twice before his jaw dropped.

"Arlene's having triplets?" he asked his son.

"Yes, she is," David replied.

"Oh, my god!" Pamela said, turning away from the screen and hugging her, son tears streaming down her cheeks, her heart filled with joy. "I'm going to be the grandmother of triplets."

"Congratulations, son," his father said, shaking David's hand, then pulling him into his arms and giving him a hug after Pamela released him. "I'm going to be the grandfather of triplets."

They all turned their eyes back to the computer screen, marveling at the miracle before them. The images weren't the detailed 3-D images of most ultrasounds, but the outline of the three babies was easy to see.

"Look at my grandbabies," David's mother said, placing her hand on the screen as if she was touching each child.

"Don't you mean our grandbabies?" Franklin Sr. said to his wife, putting an arm around her and gently kissing her on the head. "I can't wait until they're born so that we can spoil them."

David smiled as he continued looking at the computer screen and listening to his parents gushing over his children.

He was worried about them accepting his children because of the way they came into being. But, their reaction to the ultrasound images let him know that he had nothing to worry about. Except as his father said, them spoiling the children after they were born.

"Have you talked to Arlene?" his mother asked, bringing David out of his thoughts.

"Not yet," David replied. "I had to go over to Diana's and discuss something with her."

"What did you have to discuss with Diana?" his mother asked.

David scrolled back up the email to let his parents read the message Diana sent to Arlene, saying that he wanted to end their marriage and wanted nothing to do with their child.

"That bitch!" his mother growled. "Why did she send this to Arlene?"

"She was hoping Arlene would read it, get angry with me, call me and say she never wanted to see me again, ending things between us," David said. "She was hoping I would turn to her for comfort and support, starting our relationship again and possibly getting married as we planned."

"You're kidding," his mother said.

"No, I'm not," David replied.

"Are you sure Diana sent this?" his father asked.

"Yes," David said. "Diana is the only person besides me that knows the password to this email account, and she admitted sending it when I confronted her."

"Before she did this, I was feeling sorry for her," his mother said, "because she was a victim too in this situation. But she went too far when she tried to come between you and your children."

"She also went too far when she tried to come between Arlene and me," David said. "I warned her not to try and interfere with my relationship again because she wouldn't like my reaction."

"Speaking of Arlene," his father said, "are you going to call her?"

"Yes, I am," David said, pulling out his cell phone and dialing Arlene's number as he moved out of the family room, going upstairs to his room where he could have some privacy.

12