All Comments on 'Androshorts: A Christmas Affair'

by Androgynousother

Sort by:
  • 112 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Superb

You sunshine can really write. Some of the best conversational narrative I have read on this site. Real people, real choices, real life. Just excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

Bravo! Thats how to tell a story..One of my best reads in a long time. 5*

Thanks again :)

chrisr357chrisr357over 5 years ago
Brilliant!!

Thank you for a really entertaining read.

WexenWexenover 5 years ago
Great work

You have gone back to telling a great story yet again without having going into the formula type writing that is prevalent on this site. Your ability to weave the storyline drawing in the reader is well honed with realistic situations and emotions.

Keep up the good work.

slaverowanslaverowanover 5 years ago
SUPERB!!!

Absolutely fantastic story that had me in tears and in giggles. 5 stars!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nice story but

Nice story but you are a bit optimistic about what is possible with a measly 700 square meters. Can't be done :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A very nice and enjoyable read

Took us on a journey and then brought us home again. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Brilliant story. Could have gone in a couple of different categories. I give very few five stars. Great read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
20 Stars, no less!

Had me close to tears several times, a really lovely story, Fantastic from start to finish, especially the finish!!

Sidney43Sidney43over 5 years ago

Absolutely loved it, a great love story to start the day off right. I had one minor quibble, but am so awed with your writing that I am not going to mention it. Five stars and could have had more if available.

jezzazjezzazover 5 years ago
Seriously fantastic.

Some of your dialog is inspired, have to say it. I really buy the characters and situations, and really feel for them, so well done. You’ve made fiction real.

Very impressed. 5 stars, naturally.

WindySwimmingWindySwimmingover 5 years ago
LOVED IT!

Just the best story I've ever read on this site. Outstanding, mega kudos!!!

Tannish84Tannish84over 5 years ago
Another fantastic Androgynousother story!

Thanks Androgynousother, another of your wonderful tales of 'people'. Believable characters, believable complications, believable resolutions, all with a happy ending!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
Superb

Once in a while one of those stories comes along that just leaves you stunned in admiration. This is one of those. You have always been one of the top writers on the site, all-time, and this is another trophy on the wall. What a great story. Thank you, my friend. I will read it many times. Randi.

Connar1Connar1over 5 years ago
Like BlackRandi said...

Another 'cracker' from one of the best authors on the site!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I'm at the end of page one, and I can find no one to like in this story. Ron is an ass, Fay is a bile-spewing bitch, and Ron's mother Gwen is as judgmental as she is disloyal to her son. Ron is perfectly within his right to continue to not want children due to his own bad childhood, though he loses the high ground with his "Sure, one day" bullshit. Be honest. Fay has every right to change her mind and decide she wants children, and to leave Ron to find someone to have them with.

That said, she's the one who changed her mind, so she's got no cause to be laying into him with insult after insult over it. The only thing he insults during the argument is her newly changed attitude on the subject. Not her as a person. Meanwhile, she's calling him an "ignorant northern twat," among other things. Apparently, she'd be perfectly willing to bear the children of an ignorant northern twat if he were amenable. She even confesses that she had considered forcing him into fatherhood against his will and the only thing holding her back from that destructive for all involved tactic was his being a strong advocate of abortion.

Then his own mother joins in on the bash-fest, but perhaps if she'd made more responsible decisions in her life, including who she chose to marry and how she handled the divorce, her son wouldn't have his current attitude towards fatherhood that she finds so distasteful.

I intend to continue reading because of the high score, but so far, I am not sympathizing with any of these characters.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

A lovely, really well-written story. You created some very engaging characters and I'm glad they had a happy ending!

boatbummboatbummover 5 years ago
Higgins And West

Still waiting for the big reveal - were they Andie's lovers or simply figments of her dementia? ;-)

What an amazing tale! Beautiful, sad, hopeful, romantic, and satisfying in every way. Thank you so much for sharing your talent here on Lit, and for this story to brighten our holidays this year. Looking forward to many more from you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Nope, don't know what all the praise is for! Long winded and repetitive, first 2 pages alone could have been cut in half.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 5 years ago
A real tearjerker of a romantic story

I actually knew a woman who was in Dan's position. Her husband developed early onset Dementia in his early 40s. Before he was 50 he could not recognise his wife or their three children.

You either have personal knowledge of such a story or are a very able researcher. Either way, it was a damn good read.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 5 years ago
Very nice.

Well written as always.

5*

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
Delightful

That was a lovely story and skillfully told. Thank you for sharing your work.

mordbrandmordbrandover 5 years ago
Higgins and West

Obviously she was a fan of Magnum PI and Adam West's Batman

Nr1cowgirlNr1cowgirlover 5 years ago
Well done, interesting and insightful!

Not the sort of story you might expect here, but so well written and of such a delicate subject that it would fit almost anywhere. I look forward to more! Thank you for this one...I'll remember it for a long time.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great plot, great characters, . . .

and what was of substance was virtuous, ethical, and compelling, particularly the emotional and philosophical challenge of the demented dying wife.

You made discarding the sick wife too easy by making her so unpleasant, and insinuating that it was merely a more severe manifestation of her pre-illness blunt selfish personality. You also diminished Dan's ethics somewhat when he so readily agreed to sire an offspring without first determining what his role would be in his son or daughter's life. At first it appeared he was ready to become a semen vending machine without any real and lifelong attachment to his child or his child's mother. Their love and eventual marriage had to happen to end the story with moral rectitude. Thanks for that.

But having said all that, the story was too long. For me you wrote yourself right out of a 5. Superfluous or pointless scenes and subplots are just distractions. The quality is the challenge, not the quantity.

So thank you for a compelling and engaging romance. I hope you will continue to develop your skill, and share it as you see fit.

dardefdardefover 5 years ago
Wrong category

This is a romance story not a cheating wife or husband...their marriage was long over..kind of reminds me of "Annie and the Junk Man"

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow

Great!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great one, this.

It was a pleasure to read.

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 5 years ago
What a wonderful 5* story

You released this story at just the beginning of the holidays and it's just a perfect tale of tragedy and happiness. 5*

gordo12gordo12over 5 years ago
Re: Great Plot, Great Characters

On that we can agree, but unless you've lived losing someone to dementia you have no idea of the personality changes they can go through. My mother-in-law could praise you to high heaven and then make the cruelest comments right after. Alone or in groups, there was no filter. It got even worse when she no longer recognized people.

It's a heartbreaking disease.

This was a wonderful story. We were just discussing writing a story exactly like this in the authors forum while members were telling me it couldn't be done with maintaining the eroticism. I'd say this writer accomplished just that. 5*

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1490041

InsigniaInsigniaover 5 years ago
Characters are everything

You do a great job of developing your characters. The plot was believable. Perhaps it could have been more dramatic had Nicki been more intelligent or had an accomplice to make the fairy tale ending a bit difficult to attain. If it had that I would have given it 6 🌟. Great dialogue, love the little geography lesson and the requisite idioms. Thanks for the read.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 5 years ago
Confused

Trying to battlke through this hoping the loving cheating wife shows up.

On the way have to ask wgat t ools coukd an architect have that require a truck, and whybwould he cart them around. Pad and pencil do ni require much room.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent, literate writing!

Not too long; just long enough. Comfortable example of British dialect (although "lie / lay" and "I / me" confusion are no more correct in Brit speak than in American English).

Really good job painting realistic scenes and conversations, although a bit rough with the anti-Nicky bits.

Love2ReadLitLove2ReadLitover 5 years ago
That's it.

No other story can compare this year. You win. Hands Down.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Tremendous

Just an amazing story in all respects. One of the five best of the entire year. I found all the characters reasonable and very real. Even the harridan Nikki wasn't over the top at all. Doc was true to the memory of his doomed wife and did not remarry until she was gone. Fay was simply a good woman who wanted children while she was still young. She and Dan developed a relationship that pleased everyone. Andi was the tragic character that every great story needs. Her sickness was terrible, but natural, and the fault of no one. Even her family was pleased for Dan and Day and their marriage and children. Just a marvelous feel good story for the season. Hard to find here in LW anytime. If you need any other validation , and you really don't, for your story, look how difficult it was for the circling vultures to find a nit to pick.

AloneTooLongAloneTooLongover 5 years ago
Damn!

Why isn't there a way to give you more than FIVE stars? Hoping you win the contest - it is a lovely story (and here I sit with tears in my eyes).

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What a Great Love Story

I agree that this story is greater than a five star. The characters were genuine and and tarnished. I wanted to know more and wish they were friends of mine so I could support their relationship. The story is a magnificent romance and had just enough LW in it to make it more compelling.

Thanks for giving us this most pleasurable opportunity.

charlie48charlie48over 5 years ago
Fabulous

My only criticism is that while it’s based in England, but you are using American expressions and terms.

However I hope you win the competition as it was a wonderful believable tale, now about to read your back catalogue.

Best of British.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story, but perhaps misgenred?

Wonderful work as always AndrogynousOther! However I am personally of the opinion that this might be better suited towards being in the romance section rather than loving wives?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Just one word

BRAVO!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Amazing

Plz write more like this. It’s a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
4*s

It was a pleasure to enjoy your Romantic story, Androgynousother. Fit well with these holidays. Gave you 4*s.

What happened to her brothers? Whatever.

I look forward to another story soon, I hope lol.

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Almost a 5

Overall a good story, but I really think you could have cut a lot out and still not lost any of the depth or development of the characters.

Also, it should have been in the romance category, but I don’t fault you for that. The categories overlap so much, that I don’t put too much stock in them.

Thanks for the story.

SteveWallaceSteveWallaceover 5 years ago
Pure Hallmark Channel

... well except for the wonderfully explicit sex. Totally enjoyed your story.

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623over 5 years ago
Oh My!

This was one of those beautiful stories that I want to keep re-reading over and over again and again. It had my eyes tearing up and my heart sore for the pain you evoked with your words. Such a beautiful story that I hoped would eventually end the way it did. Thank you so much for your creativity and passion! Please, please keep writing!!

green117green117over 5 years ago
A pleasant story

with likable characters in a very unpleasant situation, made better by their bonhomie.

But! Not that it is important or anything, but Dan Savage I have met (at least at a book signing), and back in the day he was a rather muscular and handsome guy... and really filled out the blue floral dress he was wearing.

Check it out with a Google search.

jest say'n.

Green-something

qhml1qhml1over 5 years ago
One of the best I've read in quite a while

My third time through, and it's just as good as it was the first time.

Thank you,

Q

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
So Well Put Together

I'm a manly man, but this bloody made me cry. Well, well done! I hope mine affects you when l finally get to it.

ThesilveredfoxThesilveredfoxover 5 years ago
Excellent

Absolutely bloody excellent!

More please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Loved it

I loved this. No cheating, just a deep and meaningful love. Can't wait to read more of your stories

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Agree with anonymous 23/11....

Could this read past Ron's mother's treatment of her son. Any mother who betrays her own son like this is trash. Not everyone wants kids. Having kids isn't the only way of measuring someone's maturity. Jesus.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
It seems to be well liked. I wonder why?

I read the first couple of pages with every other word a swear word, not to mention the uncouth demeanor of the boyfriend then stopped.

Perhaps I might try again and see what all the fuss is about, or not as the case may be. No score until I have read the whole story.....but will have to be in an exceptionally good mood to do so.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyed it

Great story, placed in this day and age, with characters that live and breathe in this day and age. Very believable, no fake heroes in this story. Nice everyday ( but ) honest people in the lead roles and whilst sticking to their own principles and morals overcoming obstacles of life and finding happiness in the end, well done, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
First rate story

I really liked the complexity of the characters. Even Ron was multi-layered. He was obviously immature and really selfish, but knew how to spend her money. Dan was the opposite of Ron; mature and kind, loving and loveable.

Great ending. So many stories on literotica seem to come to an abrupt halt with very little resolved.

5* with more if allowed.

detroitdave

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
TOO MUCH

I skipped and scanned a lot of this story; such as a number of menus -- there was even the supermarket grocery list! Also descriptions of rooms & layout of buildings. I mostly skipped the boyfriends before Ron. If it were pared down to what I actually read, my guesstimate would be 4 or 5 pages. Still was easy to follow the plot.

The author might benefit from reading Just Plain Bob, an example of straightforward, no nonsense, cut-the-frills and follow the plot type writing.

On the other hand, judging from copious accolades, she might lose stature from fans, who seem to enjoy the journey as much as getting to the destination.

For me, though, being verbose brought it down to 4 stars.

A part I particularly liked were the two "mother in laws," namely boyfriend Ron's mom Gwen, and Doc/Dan's mother in law, Heather. A friend, contrasting the mother in law jokes, praised his two mother in laws. His first wife had died prematurely, but, even after remarriage, he maintained contact. He had two mother in laws from two marriages. But, in the story, Fay had three "mother in laws" from one marriage. It was especially gratifying that Gwen was a sympathetic friend even after the breakup with her son Ron. Their parting lunch and discussion was a touching highlight of the story, possibly one-upped by (what I had hoped for) the years later unannounced arrival at Gwen's home bringing to her Gwen's "granddaughters," whom she had despaired of ever having.

Two highlights of a well-portrayed, well written, heartwarming story.

Paul in Oklahoma

ThesilveredfoxThesilveredfoxalmost 5 years ago
Superb writing

Compelling read, I got through it in one session.

I am disappointed with the Anonymous troll, doesn’t have the gumption to sign in.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

a pleasant and fuzzy read. slap hapy papy #9

patilliepatillieover 4 years ago
Tremendous

all the touchstones were included, life, death, rebirth, redemption, grace, etc. This was a wonderful.

I did find myself wondering at all the calories consumed, and how they could still be looking so great, but that is just my quirk.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Exercise

Dear Patille,

Exercise and yet more exercise is the answer to eating overly well.

Believe they did that - ???

Andro - another great story - you've got yourself a committed fan!

VBR

19pvc44

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This is in the wrong category

it should be in romance

There was no cheating, no swinging, no cucking, and not reallly even any extra marital sex as the guys wive was devolving into a vegatable and no longer mentally able to consent to the marriage contract

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Reading a second time

This beautifully written story is good for a read anytime. Long, but absolutely engrossing.

qhml1qhml1over 4 years ago
This is one of my go to pieces

I read this from time to time when I need to feel good about something and it always cheers me up. Thanks for a great story.

Q

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 4 years ago

Fantastic Story! I loved it.

katibkatibabout 4 years ago
Relief

What a welcome relief from the almost constant cuckoldry, from the excruciatingly detailed sexual descriptions, and finally from the seemingly obligatory accounts of anal intercourse that so many authors believe we long to read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Brilliant

What's really nice about this story is that it all makes sense! Beautiful, wonderful sense!

VBR

19pvc44

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Simply Outstanding

This story grabbed me from the get-go and I couldn’t put it down. I will certainly have to check out other stories by this author soon. I laughed at myself when I thought about the story after I finished it, as the only fault I could find with it was my need to get a few words translated. “Mews”, for example. The old “two peoples separated by a common language” thing, I guess. But, all in all, simply a great story.

calflashcalflashalmost 4 years ago
Wonderful

Great story. At first I wasn't sure where it was going but stayed with it an enjoyed every part

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wonderful

Loved it. Could have been shorter but so what. The characters, the dialog and the emotions were real.

Leslie Garber

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 3 years ago
Just glorious

Such a beautiful story, wonderfully created and described characters, wonderful stuff.

JBmistJBmistover 3 years ago

Heart warming, beautiful story.

COYSCOYSover 3 years ago

Great

This is the first story I’ve read from this author and the writing is fantastic. I don’t know if you consider this one of your best, but for me it was a learning experience in great writing. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
One of the best

This why I look at this site

To find stories like this that make the effort worth while

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Wonderful

This should have been a novel-you’d have a best seller. Great job.

ErotFanErotFanabout 3 years ago
I was suckered into this story via the LW category, then

I was captivated by it and couldn't stop. I wonder what the (supremely gifted) author's thought process was in selecting Loving Wives instead of Romance. Yes, Fay was the other woman to Dan and Andie but the "feel" of the store is one of a great romance.

That aside. What a marvelous story! The characters. The plot. The scenes. The conclusion. What a _superb_ coda with Gwenny!

"There," she said, catching her breath, and kissing and talking to my baby girl in delight, "that's all turned out right then hasn't it."

INDEED!

gordo12gordo12about 3 years ago

Just had a reread again today. Still had tears at the end. A 5* bouquet for sure!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Of all the stories on this site, I find the most joy in this one.

Robyn1859Robyn1859almost 3 years ago

Such a wonderful story. Your ability to write about such happiness and sadness is dazzling. Thank you so much AGAIN!

rayironyrayironyalmost 3 years ago
Ah, you certainly can write.

I've enjoyed the range and depth of your characters as well as the imaginative crafting of their circumstances

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Heartwarming story. Thank you so much. This one is outstanding. Yes, it could have been shorter. Yes, it could have done without the sex scenes. That doesn't have any impact on the rating: 5*, all of them well deserved

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Magnificent 5* not enough!

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

What a story, hardly the typical LW story. Love and caring and also one making judgements, brings to mind the phrase: "Judge not lest ye be judged".

I had 40 years from a good woman before she passed. I can't say they were all good. We were never truly prepared for the trials of a second marriage and those from the previous marriage. There was more than a couple problems and at the time I seriously considered divorce again. But, my wife was loving and tenacious. She held on when I had almost given up. So 40 years later shoe woke and said "I love you" with a smile and passed later that night. This story brought a lot of love, emotion and understanding, thank you.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 3 years ago

This is a 7* story.... Very very impressed, well thought out and entertaining with good conclusions in wrapping up loose ends. Hooyah, many salutes...

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 2 years ago
Let's See:

According to the other commenters, this story is too long, too short, too detailed, has great sex, doesn't have a cheating slut, etc., etc. My comment? Great job, Andro - you successfully captured readers' interest and generated some emotions.

Keep 'em comin'.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 2 years ago

Good story, we’ll written, worth 4 stars. However, women trying to become pregnant should never drink alcohol like the MC does in this story. This is because the woman may be in the very early stages of pregnancy without realising it. Foetal Alcohol Syndrome is a horrible condition, and pregnancy and alcohol do not mix at any stage.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 2 years ago

Warm and quite tidy. Not too long, but it covered the progression well and to was long enough to get feel for the characters. Having both Heather and Gwen as a supportive presence was nice counterpoint to the rather rabid Nicki. People who could be understood as reasoned to be antagonistic were accepting while the witch from the office filler her role. Well Done1

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 2 years ago

@Hiker66Biker.

You read that wonderful story and your take from it is "Foetal Alcohol Syndrome"

You need to get out more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Five stars. Great story. Thank you, Andro.

I look forward to reading more of your stories.

Cracker270Cracker270about 2 years ago

Damn but I liked that story. Second time for me and I believe I enjoyed it more

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What Cracker 270 said!!!!!!

Paiger123Paiger123about 2 years ago

So good. I just love your characters

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

That was a great ending. One of the best on this site. I'm very glad Gwen was able to become a nan. It completed the story.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 1 year ago

Very sweet story! Thank-you I thoroughly enjoyed this read!

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

nogravynogravyover 1 year ago

Fucker! Made me tear up again at the end! This is the third time I've read this story, and it's just simply as strong as it was the first time. The characterizations are solid as stone, and the flow of the plot dead-on. Fuck you, I wish I could write this well. Five stars, yet again...

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Probably ought to be a full budget movie

TonyspencerTonyspencerabout 1 year ago

What a beautiful story, almost had me in tears but the warm inner glow this story gave me was just wonderful. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ten stars, five is not nearly enough. Thanks, Andro, that’s absolutely one of the best I’ve ever read.

inka2222inka222210 months ago

This was a bloody good read, thank you!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAndrogynousother@Androgynousother
Let's not kid ourselves, I write long stories with happy endings - whatever section they're uploaded to, and my characters tend to drink tea and eat bacon and egg sandwiches, might as well tell you now. If you don't like my characters or what they do, please remember they are...

SIMILAR Stories