All Comments on 'Ann: The Married Years Ch. 13'

by mimaster

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great Chapter

Another great chapter! I love how each one continues the story yet manages to bring something new into the mix. Keep writing!

MrFrustrationMrFrustrationover 8 years ago

Just stumbled on this. Now I'm gonna have to read all the chapters from the beginning, dammit ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This was awesome......

This chapter made a lot more sense than the previous chapter IMHO. I now understand it to be more of a transitional piece which will be used more progressively later in this series. douglas569d@aol.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Done with the Carol parties

It's time we have mom and dad visiting for Christmas , have the neighbours over and play the cardboard game or go visit Conny and Nikita...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wondering

It's been over 4 months since last installment. Hope you and yours are doing well. I have read this story twice and think it's one of the best. Hope a new chapter is coming soon. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
it's time for more!

It's been a while since this chapter... I'm checking back weekly after reading the whole series twice! Remember we need to install a hottub and visit some friends of the past and previous chapters... Lots of threads to follow up on.

pwdinblewpwdinblewover 7 years ago
Quite an achievement

This is a comment on the whole saga: 110 episodes over 6 years, with strong central characters, positive underlying themes, and some surprising bits of plotting. Well done.

What I find most agreeable about the story is the niceness of Ann and Neil. It's a demonstration of the virtuous circle, how if you behave well towards others then good things come around. Neil treats people well, especially colleagues, and tries to bring out the best in them. Ann takes the time and has the skills both to make friends, and to keep and develop the friendships. It's a good example.

The writing is consistently effective, though in the later episodes I found myself skipping through the sex bits - I did read the whole lot over a couple of weeks, so I became saturated. Four bits seemed to me to be particularly erotic: Dawn and Jill mimicking the porn movie; the whole escort Barbara sequence, but especially the dominatrice role-play; the Tiffany/Sarah incident, straight out of la Ronde; and henrietta's house.

The main characters develop well through what is essentially an extended road trip. I cared for heather, too, and thought she got a rather bad deal considering the risks she took. Carol left me quite cold, which is what i think the author intended.

Perhaps most important for me, though, was that this was one of the few stories which has helped me appreciate and make sense of what I could call the modern urban approach to sexuality. I came of age early in the 60s, in an era of silent possessive monogamy. It is hard to perceive an ethical or moral basis in this new world of sexting, public twerking, and global eroticisation. This story pointed towards some positive underlying codes, for which gift the author is truly thanked.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Missing Ann and Neil, are they coming back?

I have so enjoyed the whole story epic of Ann and Neil. I've only read through the whole series a dozen times or more. I find it relaxing (and erotic) to reread about my old "friends" and their grand adventure together. It's been a year now since the last chapter, will we see them again?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Loved it!

Hated to come to the end...would like to see more since the author has not done any since 2015. Please continue the story or provide a conculsion.

Sunset154Sunset154almost 6 years ago
Great Story

Great series, could not stop reading it once I started. 5 stars. Wish there was more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermimaster@mimaster
Updated 12/27/23: Hello again readers. As I stated in the previous update, writing has resumed, along with some editing. I'm currently writing chapter 30 of Betsy. Once I get done with that this week, I need to write at least two chapters of Ann that I've charted so as not los...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Ann Series Info