All Comments on 'Annual Check Up'

by Divawithguns

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Really?

Get an editor. Idea is good but this sucks as a result of the horrible writing. I couldn’t even finish reading this crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Grammar check

Loved the story just struggled with the bad grammar. It just breaks up the flow of the story, and makes it so much harder to enjoy.

DivawithgunsDivawithgunsover 5 years agoAuthor
Editing help

I had not realized I had mistakes in spelling as well as grammar. I want to fix it but am unsure how. Please be patient as I try to figure out to resolve the issue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good first effort

Please excuse those who so harshly criticize. Don't let them discourage your writing. Not all of us can be English teachers. Keep going. You'll make more mistakes and others will criticize too. Just use the constructive items to improve. Your talent will show through despite the negative idiots. Loved it. TWeuTX

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Everyone who has a bat...

... isn't a ballplayer, and every player isn't a pro - or even ready for the minors.

I agree with the previous assessments; you simply must get an editor, as your mistakes in the basics of writing make it impossible to follow the narrative - much less become a part of it, which is what you should be seeking as a writer.

Having been on both sides of the desk, as a writer and an editor, I have advised writers with far more experience than you apparently have to find an experienced editor before they attempt to publish their work.

You may have noticed that the most famous authors in virtually any genre depend upon good editors, no matter how long they've been writing.

Also, to save your future editor a whole lot of work and frustration, always put your work away for a while, then come back to it and read it carefully, You'll see the worst of your mistakes, and also see ways to improve the story.

Make your corrections and changes ... and then put it away and repeat the process at least a couple more times before submitting it. You'll soon see how much this will improve your work and how much easier it will make your editor's job.

Good luck!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous