All Comments on 'Another Love Pt. 02'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 426 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
My 2 Cents

I agree with all the negative comments about this chapter and how the first chapter had possibilities. I think we readers should follow the story to group sex if for no other reason than to give it the appropriate rating as only LW readers can.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
She is a real piece of shit

Soo loving that she must fake sex with her husband, and soo grateful that a fucking stranger to whom she poured her rotten soul fucked her sooo good, and sooo loving mother that taught her sons to lie to their och soo loving father, whom she loves sooo dearly when he is all for them , but none of them is for him. Well he should drop them dead and start over with a loyal spouse.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Ending with a wife?

This story started out as a 5 star then parer 2 was lowered to a 3 star. I can't ever see Rob going back to his (half wife) since she can't see where she went wrong, she will never be his true wife. Rob needs to move on with his life and leave all of tube garbage (family) behind including his lying son and wife. How can a man ever trust anything they ever tell him again?

bruce22bruce22almost 8 years ago
Fascinating

Wild! Painful. and I do not have any idea what she could say to him that would not hurt more.

DrPopeDrPopealmost 8 years ago
I was right ...

It's impossible that this could NOT end up a BTB ( and at least remain remotely plausible).

If you were trying to work up a frenzied reaction ... It worked..... They HATE you !

Lol ...always big giggles when the comments are more entertaining then the story.

BUT ....

This is a bit of a plaugerised tale really isn't it ? I recall a almost identical tale ( in a wide narrative sense) from a few years ago ... Statue of limitations I think it was called.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Agere with all shitty comments

HE IS STILL LIVING WITH THE SLUT!!! Ergo the man is a damn wimp. Nothing good can come from the next chapters.

I have to say that RichardGerald is a master at writing wimps. The are probably autobiographical.

Rhsc1Rhsc1almost 8 years ago
At

The beginning of this story the author wrote: "but don't feel you need to tell me what a slut my heroine is after all I wrote her as a good wife." I am still trying to get my head around that. Does a loving wife, while a husband is away risking his life, take a full time lover? Does she brainwash her kids not to say anything? I don't think that the writer showed her as a loving wife but as a narcissistic slut/bitch who had zero respect for her husband. I think a "real" husband would see this as it is: an ultimate betrayal that was totally unforgivable. I think he would feel he wasted his best years on a deceitful woman and his only recourse is to get as far away as possible.

RG should take a page from the So W Mo Hermit playbook...buy a truck and a trailer, hit the road and find a willing replacement. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that is the way this story is headed. I'm afraid the commander, in this story is about to nosedive to the slut's level. I really hope I am wrong...Robert deserves better.

No matter what happens, it's just a story and RG got a ton of feedback. Thanks for sharing so we can throw in our two cents. Don't expect positive reviews if you turn this guy into a willing cuckold.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
jesus just a bit

dumber plot (not writing style) and thoughts of a woman or 2 and a dead predator and you would be a plant

fr45fr45almost 8 years ago
It's no wonder!

She cuckold her husband which is fine with me, but she also involved her two sons which makes her trash. The sons have lived their entire lives hiding their mother's deceit from their father. It's no wonder that their psyche's have been so damaged that they don't have a normal relationship with their father, and at least one of them so mistrust women that he turned gay. This story can only be salvaged if he throws her cheating ass out of the house, and even then the damage that she's done will still affect everyone involved for the rest of their lives. 1 very deserving star.

ejsathomeejsathomealmost 8 years ago
I'm actually enjoying . . .

. . . the story. I've always appreciated your writing. For some reason, I do feel compelled to comment on this incredibly stupid, selfish, self-centered cheating wife. She has no excuse for her insensitivity and unfaithfulness. Throw her to the trash heap. Get rid of her. If they were having problems sexually, how about psychological and/or medical counseling, rather than betraying her devoted husband. To repeat an oft used phrase, she's just another cheating wife with no conscience.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Comments

How come I can only view 11 out of 117 comments ?

ejsathomeejsathomealmost 8 years ago
DrPope . . .

. . . you've got a great memory: here is the link to "Statute of Limitations"

https://www.literotica.com/s/statute-of-limitations

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
re: comments

I get unpredictable results.

If I click on 'see more comments' a pile more are added. Click a second time and more come up.

If I click on see all comments, sometimes only a few show up.

When the 1 2 3 page option showed up I clicked on '2' and about 6 showed up. I went back to start, clicked on '3' and I got another page full.

Go figure ..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Yep. You sure do hate your male characters. I bet a reconciliation is in the works as well. No one who has a modicum of respect for men would make them suffer through all this shit and then have them reconcile with their cheating wives. Sucks to be you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I don't think this is you.

I've enjoyed your other works for the most part, but this one leaves me flat. It doesn't sound like you, the phrasing is monotonous and for the most part boring. The flat declarative sentences add nothing to the read. I see this one going nowhere, fast.

Usually I see a multipart story through because everyone can have a bad chapter. Not this time. I'll just wait for your next post with hope and anticipation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Loved your first chapter

Hate the way the second is ending...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Disrespecting your husband isn't just sex

Part of my problem as the reader is that it seems clear to me that she sees Philippe as having been the superior man.

Rob was inadequate in bed and his marriage only survived because Philippe graciously took his wife to bed and showed her what she needed to teach the clueless man.

Rob abandoned her for the war and Philippe kindly came and replaced him in his own home (at a time when Avril was busy with her own lover and Philippe was seemingly at loose ends). My goodness, Philippe chose to help her even at the expense of having to live apart from his own minor children.

Rob came home from war changed in some ways, which she found hard to deal with. But Philippe was willing to remain as her lover and confidante.

Philippe made his own decisions in life, while Rob lived the life that Philippe allowed him.

She lied to Avril, certainly by omission, about having Rob's consent - to protect Philippe . (Learning this does not seem to have upset Avril in the least) She lied to Rob for years. But she laid Rob's life bare to Philippe.

She lied to Avril because it was convenient to do so, while she lied to Rob because he wasn't (in her estimation) man enough to accept what her world was like.

That she had Kevin lie to Rob but not to Philippe showed him just who was important. " Now he will pay for his childhood loyalty to his mother". Kevin chose his mother over Rob

She has kept Oscar's sexual orientation from Rob, at the cost of Rob's relationship with Oscar, because she does not think enough of Rob as a man to think that he could handle it. Although I imagine that Philippe heard about it from her, probably as soon as she knew.

She says "Rob has cut himself off from his family, and it is all my fault". BS, she's the one who has cut his family off from Rob. She did it, and the boys know, because their father couldn't be trusted with the truth.

Unlike Philippe.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Machiavellianism

I agree with LordSlamdawgg's point of a successful marriage. I see the use of Machiavellian techniques and viewpoint to help the marriage. "Does the ends justify the means or the means justify the ends." I am sure that debate will go on as long as there is politics or social dynamics. The moral and ethical points will be laid out for us. I am interested to find out how close to the author's personal view point this story is. I find myself awaiting each chapter of any story this author has written. I found the The Bridge the best thus far. One where all parties involved are broken or damaged by choices made. Honesty and honour are focal points for me. Did Karen stand by her vows and promises? Did Rob? Only time will tell. Once again I think a character has been swayed by outside social influences and perhaps betrayed themselves. Betrayal of what was once believed in because those around are doing different (and succeeding in being happy because of it).. Write on.. please write on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The same old story ...

There may be nothing new under the sun, but and there always is a "but", everyone has different experiences and personalities. As such, how one person acts during a situation will be different from how another does. So when reading a story with a similar plot as another story, I look forward to the details, reason, life experience of the individual, etc. For example, how someone acts to a first time expirence will be different from the next time the situation arises. So I want to see what happens next. But I hope it makes sense to how the characters are personalities are written.

Xzy89cXzy89calmost 8 years ago
She will think it is husbands fault he does not understand

She is annoyed at him? He is already a wimp for not having the divorce papers ready. After he came back from iraq she saw phillipe a minimum of 144 times over the next twelve years. Once a month for twelve years. Not sure how you pull off leaving once a month for 12 years, but power to her. As written she is a selfish person who really does not care about husband, but instead wants him to be bappy for her. I am sure argument of it took nothing from him is next.

Also love how she goes from despondent over husband leaving to replacing him as man in house with phillipe. She is an awful, selfish human being who deserves to be dumped in the worst.

The whole not enjoying sex storyline is bs. Lots of woman feel that way after birth. Hormonal issues. Lots of women become insatiable after birth as well. Again, hormones. Easily treated, or waited out as usually resolved when breast feeding ends. Instead of telling husband she gets sweet talked by some frog from montreal.

The author attempts to use stereotypical French behavior regarding sex and plant it in Quebec. Not accurate at all. Not sure if the open marriage is typical in France outside of movies, but it would not be accepted in Quebec at all.

Off topic but what women go through to give birth is amazing. The body gomthrough so much. You are amazing mothers!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
126 comments to date

You're obviously pissing off a lot of people.

Only good writing can do that.

The pace of language changes with context. Some have complained that this is too flat, too matter of fact.

Yet that is the way the wife has always seen her affair, a necessary thing, emotional, loving, sexual but somehow not something that creates change, an interlude, more like a stay in a hospital or a rehab facility, after which you return refreshed.

Obviously, her husband does not see it that way.

I suspect this will lead to much talking. She will jabber on and psychoanalyze.

He will counter and attempt to persuade her that her actions were catastrophic.

More talk. Others will talk.

In fact, whether he stays or goes, their marriage will never be the same. Like a broken vase, no matter how well it is glued back together and set up on the mantle, he will always think of it is broken, as something less than it was.

She may never be convinced of her error but she will endure the pain of loss which will go on forever whether they stay together or not. It will just be two broken people in a broken marriage limping sadly into a broken future.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
You had a wife do the most disgusting, evil thing anyone can do to someone else...

and you think you're a good writer? This is just 100% trite garbage. And of course the son spends his entire life stabbing his Father in the back... that's realistic. What fucking garbage. In real life, the husband would dig a hole in his yard, throw the slut and son in it, pour some gas on them and light it. Seriously, don't bother finishing this, there is absolutely NOWHERE you can take this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
re: 126 comments to date

No need to be a good writer to get comments, just write about a bitch wife and a wimp husband. This is going raac. *

ohioohioalmost 8 years ago
Great, powerful story

as all of RG's other stories have been. He truly evokes strong emotional reactions in his readers.

Without having any idea about how this story will go from here, I'd like to point out what sure seems to be a contradictory position taken by Karen. On the one hand, she thinks to herself:

"I am not ashamed of what I have done, or sorry. I just hate that Rob knows and has been so hurt. It simply is not fair. Neither of us have done anything wrong. "

And yet, despite feeling that she has done nothing wrong, she kept her lengthy affair secret from her husband, and even involved his young sons in the deception. How is that consistent? If she truly believes there was nothing wrong with her affair (which began, of course, long before her husband was away), then why keep him in the dark about it?

Sincere thanks as always to RG for his great writing!

ohio

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

why split this? it's 2 chapters for 2 fucking pages.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 8 years ago
author Its NOT about her being a slut per se STOP WHINING

The author and a few of his idiot defenders are jumping on the comments because they think ALL or most of the readers are condemning the wife as a slut. That is not The issue... Remember this author wrote ....."Comments are welcome but don't feel you need to tell me what a slut my heroine is after all I wrote her as a good wife."

#1 Using the 6 year old kid to cover up her multi long year affair and destroy hiS relationship with the kid's father has nothing to do with her being a slut. Notice that the comments which are defending the wife never talk about that.

And rest assured this KEY point will NOT be raised by the author

ISSUE #2 It's bad enough that the wife doesn't really think she did anything wrong. At least she could say that ..well I needed it at the time even though it was unfair to my husband who was at war....

Instead by the end of chapter 2 the wife is upset that the husband is crushed and betrayed. She is furiously angry that the husband has ANY emotions about this at all. She has had years to adjust to what happened and he just found out about.

That sort of lack of perspective and empathy for a husband that she claim to love is particularly disturbing and it has nothing to do with the wife being the slut

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
"sordid affair"

the fact that it was not a "sordid affair" but instead was an intimate affair makes it much worse, more unforgivable. and nowhere near less painless.....moving the lover in the same day he went active duty? Getting a six year old to cover for you?

"First, he helped me sexually when I was in a terrible situation, and then he took care of my children and me when I was left alone,".........wow, "my children" and "me"......that says it all right there.

Group sex is next? Really?......maybe this should be put in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy section. There can be no happy endings from this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Why is it the husband always has to understand but if the shoe were on the other foot all hell would break loose.She doesn't care about her husband n the least and her kids are no better.He should just cut his losses and try to move on with his life and leave her to deal with her sons because none of them respect him...........

dob092095dob092095almost 8 years ago

Good story, wondering where it goes. Of course she's a slut. No excuse for that kind of sex with another man. No real man could accept it. I am looking forward to see where you take it.

I would probably have stuck a Bowie in the painting where her chest is. I certainly would have destroyed it. Talk about restraint on husbands part.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Fuck the nony's...

You have an art for storytelling that I envy. My own novels are very good, very, very good, but your short stories are something special.

For the pussy's who complain about your writing, they need to write something themselves. Somehow, I doubt they ever will.

I would love to contribute here to hone my short work skills, but my novels might very well suffer if it became known I wrote erotica.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Half story sucks

# 1

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Rationalization and Lies

"I am not ashamed of what I have done, or sorry. I just hate that Rob knows and has been so hurt. It simply is not fair. Neither of us have done anything wrong. Why should we suffer?"

As soon as I read this I had to copy it. It is of course bullshit except for one point: Husband should not suffer but Wife should. Wife lied, had a secret life and involved her children in her deceptions. Imagine what this did to her children. They would have felt guilt for lying to their father. They would have been trained that it is OK to "cheat" on their spouses because by sexing another person, who is almost a second husband and father, and keeping it secret and doing it throughout her marriage, with her children's active participation, how can it not be cheating? Imagine the lack of respect that the children would have for their cuckolded father. I assume Wife's betrayal of the father has something to do with the son's estrangement from the father. I wonder how a young child watching his mother have a secret cheating life with another man would affect the development of his own sexuality. Perhaps the author has told us. The child may not be able to trust someone of the opposite sex.

I am normally a RAAC person or at least very open to it. In the cases I am not, it is when there is no remorse, sorrow or regret by the cheating spouse, which is the case here. For the author to have a reconciliation that would be acceptable some new element will need to be introduced. I am not sure what it would be. Perhaps if Wife is truly penitent and truly understands what she did was unacceptably wrong, were to have sorrow instead of denying sorrow for her secret other husband, and were to beg for forgiveness and come to an understanding that she did not LOVE the interloper and that she was taken advantage of by him and were to destroy the picture I could feel happy about the coming reconciliation. I don't see any of the above happening so I will not be happy with Husband taking wife back because he is understanding, caring and more in love with his wife than she is with him. She could not have done what she did to her husband and children throughout her marriage if she truly loved him. It is just not possible.

"Neither of us have done anything wrong." - This has to be some kind of joke.

FYI, notwithstanding the above, I rate this story a 5 because it is well written and got me emotionally invested, which is what I like in a LW story.

More - It would be one thing for Wife to have a brief fling and then regret it and stop but she had a second family, a secret life from her husband, so her husband really never had his wife and family completely to himself. He shared them without knowing it. For Wife to think it was somehow noble of her to think of a way to teach her husband the myriad sex tricks a prostitute taught her lover and her lover later taught him is really too much. I do not see any realistic way that is not contrived for the author to reconcile this woman (who has no sorrow, remorse or guilt for a lifetime of cheating and lies) with her husband.

anon.1

javmor79javmor79almost 8 years ago
Wow

Great story full of emotion and pain. I wish these chapters were longer. Part one and two could have been put together in my opinion.

I feel this guy's pain. It is as real as if it were happening to me. Your skill jumps off of the page and grips me. Can't wait for the next part.

My guess as to why the score is so low is because people are anticipating the ending they don't want instead of just going for the ride. I gave you a five because this is one of the most emotional stories I have read in a while.

lightlytoastedlightlytoastedalmost 8 years ago
Unreal

Really this women has no shame he wasn't gone a day and she moved him into his house.He was getting shot at and she was fucking some asshole in his bed but she has no remorse and she did it in front of his kids and told them not to tell him. Bitch needs to get lost

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
but are your good, very very good novels published by a reputable house?

hiding in the shadows we'll never know.

I could say, "When I wrote 'A Tale of Two Cities'" with just as much credibility. I am published.

javmor79javmor79almost 8 years ago
I just have to add

If she truly thought that what she did wasn't wrong then why did she swear her kids to secrecy? Her self rationalization is epic. Right now she isn't remotely likeable. She may have been a good mother and wife to him AFTER that, but that doesn't negate the damage that she did to her family.

I hope she goes through a journey of self awareness in the next parts. She clearly needs to see her actions for what they were. Loneliness doesn't justify adultery. I was in the Navy, and it would have destroyed me if I found out that my wife had another man that she loved while I was gone. What she did was more than just an affair to ease that itch. She had a relationship. She met the guy's family. Really?

Like I said, I hope she wakes up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

low scores are easily explained:

- after a strong start (he calls wife a whore and is apparently ready to dump her), the mc keeps living with the bitch, having meals with her and listening to her bullshit. he isn't even planning his divorce. so he is wimping out already.

- the intro excludes btb endings, so most people think the story will end with a reconciliation (which would be just the thing after a betrayal of that magnitude).

- Group Sex for next part. WTF?

Pappy7Pappy7almost 8 years ago
Just added to the low score.

I can't believe anyone would want anything to do with the stupid, selfish cunt you wrote the wife to be. She should absolutely die a painful and lingering death. And since Avril misses the POS guy so much she should join wifey in the aforementioned lingering and painful death. There is no way that this story can be saved or have a good ending for the husband that doesn't end in him being subjugated to a submissive role to go along with the subordinate one. If the cunt needed the lover so much she should have had the decency to divorce the husband and drown his children before going to live in New York. I would have had more respect for her if she had. And that would have been more in line with her real self. There is no way that a woman who will involve her children in hiding her cheating is a good mother and there is absolutely no way that the children can turn out to be anyone to put your trust in. They are and will be permanently damaged to the point of uselessness for their entire lives. And since they can't have a trusting and normal relationship with their father no one else stands a chance. If he really is their father, which I doubt at least the youngest. She might have slipped up and let her husband get her pregnant the first time but I don't think so the second time. They will eventually turn on their mentor/mother and shut her out too. Gave it a two, should have been a 1 but I felt extremely benevolent.

amyyumamyyumalmost 8 years ago
WOW - this woman is a monster

She's a narcissist on Donald Trump's level; the story is excellent, including the writing; 5* in my book. However, you have me worried that the next chapter is in Group Sex. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not have our hero wimp out and let her get away with it. Please burn the bitch!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Really inhuman

Some of the lamest justifications for being a bottom feeder I've ever read. The writing isn't bad, but it's a long way from good.

The characters are among the most loathsome I've ever read. Kids, mom, artist, artist's wife, all just the sewage of society. You might as well write a story about leeches This was just very bad. Javmore79 liked it. That shows you how bad it was.

nonethewisernonethewiseralmost 8 years ago
@Javmor79

It's even worse than you summarize. When he husband came back from deployment "he wasn't himself" so she continued the affair. With him stateside. At home, and with what was likely some PTSD. She literally risked his life if he had discovered it in that situation. And she was NOT a good wife after because she continued the affair for another 20 years, til boyfriend died. Making up lies about where she was going. For 20 year!

Irredeemable.

Concritic123Concritic123almost 8 years ago
Loved both installments.....

The wife is totally devoid of empathy with a touch of narcissism thrown in the mix. Is the wife a slut? Well, there are degrees of slutdom and she has mastered only the first level. Whether she denies it or not, she was the slut for the Canadian guy. Feeling real bad for the husband. He was away and in danger and she's banging this guy six ways to Sunday . Am looking forward to the next installment. BTW....I gave you a 5.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 8 years ago
This is an excellent story

There is clearly a deep mental problem with his wife.

But what is it?

We will, I hope, find out soon!

artykay63artykay63almost 8 years ago
never use a foreign language using Google translate

The story is okay... interesting to see how she comes out of it. The use of French added nothing as it was not correct, what a novelty: grammar police in a foreign language. Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Not ashamed or sorry?

I wonder what she'd have to do before she felt any guilt, strangle kittens? Why would anyone stay with such a creature?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Very Interesting

I still think my suggestion after chapter 1 is a good idea. Since Phillipe's wife is having problems with the museum about displaying his work, Bob should send the portrait of his wife to the museum after he has spray painted it in red, The Wife as Whore.

Boyd Percy

P.S. Lest anyone thinks I am vindictive, I did give the author a 5.

nonethewisernonethewiseralmost 8 years ago
Timeline

They have been married 25 years. Affair started when they were married 4. She kept seeing Phillipe until he died. His wife said he died 3 months ago. Ergo, the affair lasted 20 years, not the 12 that Karen said in her narrative

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Good wife?

So you wrote your lead as a good wife and you say this is closer to your point of view on relationships. So you would have no issue if your wife had an affair for over twenty years and felt no remorse or guilt about it. I also think that it is a sign of her completely selfish attitude when in the last paragraph she refers to their kids as 'her' children....

"I met a wonderful man who was there for me when I needed him. First, he helped me sexually when I was in a terrible situation, and then he took care of my children and me when I was left alone"

Unfortunately I think most of the commenters here are right on the money here and it seems like you are going to emasculate the husband and have him accept his wife's other love and all the deception and lack of remorse it involves......stories like this make me want to go out and slap the first woman I see in the street.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
hmmm

a 13 to 14 year affair.

She truely hates her husband, has no respect for him at all.

Not even realy in love with him.

her children, if they are his is in doubt, also have no respect for him.

They helped cover an affair that lasted more than half the marriage.

Great story so far. Am surprised you havent written him divorcing her already, wonder what the revenge/burn/punishment will be like.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 8 years ago
To the reader that cannot see the comments.

Lit has had a problem for several months with the comment link. They are either unwilling, or unable to repair it. It is frustrating, to say the least. Often you can hit refresh a few times and the comments will come up. Other times, the "public" comments will remain a secret.

While mowing the yard, I thought about this story. It is not a BTB, as stated by the writer. The only hope I now have for a satisfying read is to find out the husband has a woman and a few kids someplace else, or at least has had a few lovers stashed away over the years. He had the most precious of all commodities stolen by his wife, and that was his time. She had a lover and enjoyed her times with him for years, while (possibly) her husband was faithful. He can never regain the youth he wasted, nor the time he wasted on being faithful. Getting laid twenty years after the affair, even multiple times, will not right this wrong.

rnebularrnebularalmost 8 years ago
After further thought

I liked the first chapter, it built a lot of tension. This chapter, definitely vilifies the leading lady, and as so many have commented already, she shows no remorse for her actions. Honestly, if it had just been during that distressed time in her life, it would make her a bit easier to at least forgive, but to continue seeing the guy every month, for years, doesn't bode well for her. She still seems to think that it's "ok" to have two loves, and that she is still somehow not wrong for what she's done. I anxiously await the next chapter, but recommend against it going into a different category. I asked my readers the same thing of a previous story, and was overwhelmed by the opinion that a story should start and stop in the same genre. Anyhow, I gave it 4* but worry that the last two parts may degrade, depending on how the SEVERELY wronged husband, handles the situation. So far, it seems she will lose the supposed "love of her eternity" as she should. Selfishness knows no bounds....

javmor79javmor79almost 8 years ago
@nonthewiser

You're right. I didn't think about that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
My real fear

My real fear is that the Group Sex won't be in the future with Rob, but in her version of the past, as another activity that she didn't need him for.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 8 years ago
Revenge planned

RG, please do not disappoint. Rob must destroy her and Avril and make the sons suffer for betraying their father. It is to bad Phillipe is already dead as he deserved a slow painful death. I know what revenge I would deploy on him post-mortem.

ChagrinedChagrinedalmost 8 years ago
HDK hit it right the head

Extraordinarily perceptive, HDK finally got right to the core of what all these stories are about. Yes we can rant and rave about women and men who cheat and how it's not wrong in how the kids are going to suffer now one person or another had the wool pullover the rise or in the other vain how each gets up there in has their own kind of separate little sex life on the side. But really at the core of all this is that people who cheat people have been less than honest steel what really is our most precious commodity: our time.

In all of these stories as we were to look back how much of our various special very precious time gets stolen by the other character in the story. And time is something we cannot get back. We can go back and relive our youth. Lord, I sure as hell wish I could! But we can't and that is really at the core of so many of these tragic stories.

I'm reserving comment on this particular story as it's still a work in progress. If one goes by the first lines of chapter 1, the two will not remain together. And they should not. Rob needs to be able to go out to make the best use, the most selfish use, what time he has left. Wife needs to realize that while she had a great 22 years or more with two great men that she was allowed to love and commit to (because make no mistake she did to make a commitment to Philipe as firm as the one she made to Rob) and that now, karma being the bitch that is, she's going to have to pay for it.

So far it's an interesting story. But, as he said this isn't going to be a burn the bitch type of story.

Bring on part three!

Red48beardRed48beardalmost 8 years ago
there is another way

i expect this will not be received well.... but there are those who have been the second husband... and the truth is wonderful... the wife gets companionship, adult conversation and a LIFE... the second husband gets what he needs... yes there is some remorse and concern for the "left out parties", but "love the one you're with"... i see the reconciliation to be simple... Avril moves in, the circle expands, hearts are opened and life is celebrated..

good luck

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Seriously?!

This is your idea of a 'good wife'?

Lol, wow is your moral compass screwed up! I suppose a 'bad wife' would honor, love him and remain faithful to him? A 'really good wife' would just skip to cutting his balls off and then shooting him in the head?

I'm having trouble deciding if you're dumb as a post or the best troll ever!!

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 8 years ago
Revenge

Since RG seems to be heading in a different direction than every single comment here is, this is what I would do...

Destroy every piece of Phillipe's work he can get his hands on.

Humiliate his memory in a very public way.

Not many people like those who have affairs when servicemen and women are in harms way. Any surviving work would be worthless.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@Anonymous Re: Comments

Yes, just click on the reftresh button until the number matches the number in the See All Comments line, (The number may actually be higher do to newer comments hitting)

You may need to do this again on subsequent comments pages if the number at the top goes down.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
While I hate the character and her actions

Posters criticizing his writing are way off base. Many of us seem to dislike what he is writing but we only care enough to comment because the thing has well written parts. There are plenty of "cuck" stories on this site that I should hate more than this, but the writing and characters don't seem real enough for me to care. Most of us will read this story all of the way through, because we now care enough to want to know how it comes out.

javmor79javmor79almost 8 years ago
Agree with anonymous about the comments.

This story generated 170 comments in a day, and it is still going strong. Wow. Anyone criticizing this author really needs to get to the heart of their complaint. Not liking the characters does not make Richard a bad writer. Not liking them, but being unable to put the story down is evidence of talent that is heads above most of us that call ourselves authors. People having that kind of an emotional attachment is the mark of a story that is well done.

patilliepatilliealmost 8 years ago
Where are you going with this?

And how can you say in your prelude that you wrote her as a good wife. My God, she is as amoral and delusional as it gets! I would almost say crazy. I have never met anyone like this in my life, and in sales I have relationships with literally thousands of people.

She carried on the affair for years, subjected her children to the other man, swore the oldest child to silence, but then says she is not ashamed of what she did, is not sorry, did nothing wrong, and is only sorry Rob is feeling hurt. When you hurt another person, that is wrong! When you break a contract-that is wrong. When you betray your husband while he is overseas fighting for his country, that is the worst kinda wrong.

And to boot she is only concerned about herself, how she was feeling at the time she met Phillipe, when her husband went to war, etc. Where is the concern about how her husband will feel? She mentions her guilt and concern at being discovered almost made her end it, but then her hub goes off to war. How can she not know this is wrong.

Are you writing for amoral idiots? Are you baiting us, the reader? I usually like your stuff but this is like a Stangstar delusional bimbo,cant wait for the burn. Better be a burn, no coming back from this...but I am sure you will try to find a way.

you say this attitude towards sex and intimate relationships tracks more closely your own than your previous story. Uh, Ok, I guess you are a liberal progressive for which there are no "truths", everything is relative to the given situation. That attitude is taking our country down the toilet....

patilliepatilliealmost 8 years ago
The writing is a 4*

but the story and esp the shitty, delusional wife backs it up to a 2. Also, the next installment is in group sex? How is that? She only had sex with two men? And one is dead? How is this getting to group sex?

You are just fucking with us,, arent you? Having a good laugh. Well, its been done before but maybe never better in my brief time here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Disrespect of Servicemen Eveywhere....

Let me make a list of how this poor man has been wronged....

1. Wife starts an affair because she doesnt want her husband to touch her sexually after the birth of their second child.

2. Continues the affair unabashedly and seemingly guilt free delighting in the fact that she has two studs servicing her.

3. Allows the lover to move into her house with her on the very same day her husband ships out to serve his country.

4. Allows the lover to become a surrogate husband and father to the boys while the real husband is risking his life everyday overseas.

5. Convinces her oldest son to never make mention of the lover thus bringing an innocent child into the deceit of her affair.

6. Continues the affair even after the husband returns and does so only until the lover dies.

7. Freely tells us (the readers) that she feels no shame or guilt over any of her actions.

8, Actually has the gall to insist the husband sit and listen to a 'love story' involving her and another man.

I really wish the Author would have the nerve to answer how any of that adds up to this woman being a good wife?

She has probably soured her childrens relationship with their father through the years because of what they knew but still doesnt feel any shame or guilt over her actions.

She robbed this poor man of the respect of his own sons but meanwhile we are supposed to believe she is a good wife.

Lastly and as my header states,.... I can't ever remember reading a story here that so blatantly disrespects a man who was off in another country serving his own country. Do you as the author have such little regard for the people that risk their lives so you have the freedom to sit and write these stories.

At least grow a set of balls and answer the multitude of criticism you are getting about this portrayal of what you call a good wife..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
@ javmore79

You don't know what the hell you're talking about. All the comments have not one thing to do with the quality of writing. It's fairly mediocre. What all the comments have to do with is writing a story that's so revolting, so repulsive that people are shocked. It's the fact that the author offers, as his personal opinion, that the woman is a "good wife," and that these ideas are in line with his personal ideas about marriage. It doesn't make him a bad writer. He isn't great, but not bad. It just makes him a shitty person. Sort of like your shitty stories do you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Why does it still exist..

To me the most telling piece of evidence that the 'good wife' will be able to manipulate her husband into accepting her affair is the painting. If it were me i would have shred the thing to ribbons, instead he left it intact.

I can see it in the future, after he is convinced to accept his wifes affair they will hang the painting in a place of prominence in the house so he can be reminded of her deceit every day of his life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
waitingtoseewhathappensnext

The wife is a cunt. No other way to put it. Carrying on a love affair for years behind her husbands back. I sincerely hope she gets her just desserts.

JDmiddlesonJDmiddlesonalmost 8 years ago
Denial

It's a great story but I don't understand the wife's reaction. She says neither of us has done anything wrong and feels not an ounce of remorse or regret. Bottom line, in spite of the way the author tries to portray her, she is a cheating wife and a slut. What's worse is that she has lied to him all those years and got her kids to lie as well.

I can't imagine that there won't be repercussions or retaliation on the husband's part. I very anxious to hear the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Oh oh

You are going to have them have threesome with his wife and the other woman. That is why it is going to group sex Great story so for i hope you don't mess it up with a stupid ending.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 8 years ago
Thanks for the warning.

I FAR prefer that a serial be identified by the major theme of the entire tale, and NOT shipped, piecemeal, into the chapter-theme LIT category. If the author feels he or she MUST break it up that way, then giving advance notice is the next-best tactic!

This has a very good start. The three principal (living) characters are portrayed with good sensitivity and plausible representation.

5*

nonethewisernonethewiseralmost 8 years ago
Writing vs. story/characters

The fact that something is well crafted and inspires comments doesn't make it good writing. Here there is a character, Karen, that is so bad that she is implausible. Great writers -even good ones- don't write implausible main characters. Then RG doubles down and tells us she is written as a good wife. That is just bullshit. She isn't. Not in any rational meaning of good wife. So the author asks us to judge whether Karen is a good wife, and that's what he meant to write. So if one finds that Karen is not - and cannot plausibly be seen to be - a good wife, is it not fair to conclude that the author failed to deliver what he said he was trying to achieve?

I haven't scored it yet, but if I had, it would be low. Because good grammar and phraseology does not make a good story if the author is trying to show a good wife and instead shows one of the worst wives ever seen on lit.

Mandy01Mandy01almost 8 years ago
Can be a great story

I know what the readers are worried about. The characters may or may not to be to your liking. Every story has two view points. The human race in fact are all individuals and while we have common views, ultimately we have our own special outlook on life. I'm not saying that outlook is right or wrong. It is right for the individual having the viewpoint, it may or may not be right for those around that individual.

The problem most authors have is presenting both sides of a story with naked fact as seen by the individual characters mentioned, without interference from their own sexual viewpoint or bias. This author has certainly done his job well to this point.

WE have the start of the story with Rob finding out and totally losing his faith, trust and respect for his wife.

With second chapter, we now have the middle and Karen's delusional, selfish justification of her actions.

All that's left is the END. And I can't see how you can have the finally chapter in the Group sex. As you have written him, I don't believe Rob is that stupid or shallow that a couple of romps in bed with another female will kiss it all better.

As written Rob can't be fooled by the threesome ploy, although I see Avril trying to offer a solution to Karen's predicament that Avril has had a part in making. She might offer to bed Rob with Karen so they can give him back some of his masculinity they stole with the affair. As Rob has been written, he won't go for it, in fact I see it'll only enrage him more.

Judging by the readership, everyone is rightly on Rob's side, and agree that the wife is a delusional selfish self-centred, moron. I have to agree with the majority of the readers. What most readers are worried about is Rob being dishonoured and defiled by the author.

This is where I now warn the author, because this is where most authors fail. You set the character profiles, And how I read those profiles I can't see an RAAC story here. It can't be a BTB story either, since Philippe is dead and can't be held for trial!

I'd be looking for ways of making Avril pay for supporting her cad of a husband and not making sure that everyone was on the same page right from the start. As she says, she thought Rob knew. Her open marriage was built on trust, while Karen's affair with Philippe was built on dishonesty and deception.

Before condoning the affair, she should have talked to Rob about how he felt about it. She failed in her duty as a party to the deception that has caused all this grief.

You the author have set the scene for the final showdown. Try to reconcile this marriage and you WILL have failed ... UNLESS ... you can come up with a blinder of an ending that allows Rob to keep his balls and both wives to be truly contrite and repentant.

I really don't think this is possible, not with how much animosity you have aroused in the readers. The readers are baying for blood and frankly my dear, unless you've done this for some sick joke, in that case you have lost, and not for the pleasure of writing a GOOD drama, then you've lost even more. To keep to the premise you set, this couple have to separate.

What I can't believe is, I'm agreeing with Harry on the mac and cheese or the sexy but not slutty dress. "We want to entice him not remind him he's been cheated on?. Please, how stupid is this woman? If I saw any part of the profile set up I think that is the pits. Just how shallow does she think her husband is that he'll forgive her because she's showing a little cleavage and he's got a fully stomach

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Heh

He should tell the bitch that he hates Mac and Cheese and that she's never actually made his favourite meal in their entire marriage.

Then piss on the plate.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
It goes exactly where everyone thinks it is going

If you want to know what a human turd this author is, The rest of this badly written putrid pile of dog shit is up on the other site. It's just as bad as imagined by all the people with any sense that commented on this story. Painter's wife solves everything. Author earned a one vote from me on everything he's ever or will ever write. Nice job, asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Whole story...

The whole story is out on SOL.

You won't like part3 or 4.

Terrible story.

Fucking cuck!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I liked The Bridge...

... and some others of your stories. But after this one I will not read another one.

It is not about the writing, I like the way you write. Sadly the way you write is not the main issue here, what amaze me is what you made to your character, you build him as a strong man, with morals, pride and intelligence and then you set him up to betray himself.

I am not a BTB guy and I think that when love is gone, when respect is not show to your husband/wife it is better to end it and begin again. Go some place, with someone else.

You are setting a good man, your creation not mine, to trade his manhood for "group sex".

I do not like to read about women or men dying horrible deaths, but neither like reading about cuckolds.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The rest of the shit.....

So after this chapter there is absolutely no bridge to the opening events in the next one....all of a sudden the lovers wife is living in their house and there is never any recount of the showdown between the wife and the husband......poor poor transition.

Then we get this convoluted bullshit about an engine and whatever but meanwhile the husband has zero balls...he even lets the whole fucking clan of the scumbag artist come and take over his house for thanksgiving,.....there is never a moment of dialogue between him and his sons and their betrayal.......he just bends over and takes it up the ass over and over...... then to put the ultimate finishing touch on his cuckoldry the fucking painting of his wife is on the cover of the program of the artists work....AND HE EVEN FUCKING ATTENDS...... I cannot think of any story that left me as angry as this one did in the end. The main character is the epitome of wimp and his photo should be in the dictionary next to the word cuckold.

I wonder how he will handle the afterlife when his loving wife and his new mistress both abandon him to spend eternity with their true love.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Shit, author you turned this story into the wimp's obsessive behavior about a new jet engine design while totally ignoring the cheating bitches? Really?

This is so plot line is so fucked up. Author - you totally pissed all over this stinking tampon of a story.

luedonluedonalmost 8 years ago
Re: I liked The Bridge.......Anonymous comment

Anonymous, may I suggest that you consider the logic of your comment.

You say that you liked The Bridge and a couple of this author's other stories. But now that you have read this story you will never read another one of his.

Who do you think you will be punishing? And let's assume Mr Gerald feels appropriately chastened and decides to write only stories like The Bridge in future, how will you know if you don't read them?

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Not a heroine or a good wife

I won't call her a slot. At least not until the "group sex" entry pops up. What I will say is that she is no heroine of the story. Nor is she a good wife. An open marriage is one thing, I am in one myself, but anyone who takes the choice of wether or not to agree to that arrangement can hardly fit the bill of a good person or hero. Sorry, but anyone who knowingly does something to cause pain to someone they are supposed to love and cherish, especially if they believe as she does that "they have done nothing wrong" quite obviously neither loves nor cherishes their partner.

Cheating crushes the heart of the victim. It leaves them questioning both themselves and every relationship they have ever had or will ever have. A one time drunken mistake at a party or a conference somewhere is one thing. Moving a man into the house and bed of someone who puts their life on the line every day for their country is something else again. Getting the kids to cover for her is just the thing to make him forever question his children's love and motives. There is no way you can love someone and put them through the emotional devrstation and possibly life long devastation you have described in your story.

You are a good writer. Very good in fact. If this is typical of the content of your stories, though... I'm sorry but no matter how talented the writer this just isn't the kind of stories I find appealing. No need for BTB every time. I enjoy a well told reconciliation. The scale of the betrayal in this story should make that idea repulsive.

Yes. I am jumping to the conclusion that they will reconcile. Your description of her as the heroine and a good wife point to that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sucks

I spent 8 years in the Navy and saw too many good men fucked over like this. Knowing hat is coming, I will not finish. I also consider it an insult to deployed service men everywhere that RG thinks this is how they would react.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 8 years ago
JAVMOR god dam dude get a fucking clue already

I don't know if this is because you are an author or if there's some other problem you are a grasp on perceptions of reality. Be strong reaction from the readers has nothing to do with readers demanding The Story go or develop a certain way. The fact that you even make that argument is pretty shocking.

The problem with the story is that the author develops all these issues and conflicts and never resolves them. The author is the one who brought up the fact that the 6 year old kid knew about the mothers multi-year Affair and was pressured to hide it and lie to his father.

Author is the one who asserted that the wife's massive long term cheating is perfectly ok even though she deceive the husband and lied about it. That clearly proves that she knew it was not ok.

Readers are not demanding the story go the way they want. Readers are asking that the story have some consistency and that the conflicts and issues raised in the first chapter or two gets resolved in the later chapters. Simply Having the wife and her lesbian lover jump into bed with him does not solve any of the problems.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sad

What a big crock of crap, this is a slap in the face to all service men and women who trusted a partner while away.

I'm so disappointed she had no qualms getting her children to lie and cover her disrespectful choices.

Please fix this or you will lose me and my ability to read any of the next stories you write.

Signed former service man

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I agree with the serviceman

The absolute terrible thing she did was to involve her children in her

lie. You can not as a parent ever put that kind of secret on a six year old

what kind of monster would do such a thing. The secret ruined the sons

relationship with his dad and I am sure made him never even think of

trusting a woman.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 8 years ago
A Fork in the Road Moment

With the same effort the husband can choose to take the revelation of his wife's decade plus and long dormant affair and make,himself miserable or use it to make himself stronger. Maybe he will opt to divorce his wife, that's his right. I think it would be a mistake myself. This man is a mechanical savant , but has limited interpersonal and empathy skills. My dad was an engineer and I recognize a lot of him in the character.

The main question is where was the tangible damage ? Harry is verbally frothing with bellicosity and profanity in his inimitable, pseudo-alpha male but bonafide keyboard warrior about the outrage of a six year being blackmailed. I have some bad news for him. The six year old grew up and is fine. It's true he isn't close to his father , but I see that as being due to his sire's limited ability to relate and interact as his son matured.

The marriage has been a success by most tangible standards. The wife kept her affair discreet , until now her spouse hadn't a clue. Their sex life was vibrant for most of the marriage, they prospered materially and raised independent , successful children .

The purists won't be placated with this of course. The bitch must suffer all the more ,because she nearly escaped detection. The fact that hubby was quite the content and happy camper for two plus decades apparantly has no bearing.

And of course these purists will be donating their homes built on pilfered Indian land due to broken Native American treaties? Of course they won't. That is a long past outrage , the purists can live with. Statute of limitations applies to real estate but not hither to now undetected and long dormant adultery. Sigh.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I'm in agreement here!

I can't remember the last time that a story has caused me to want to comment after both of the first 2 chapters. These actions by her not only represent a complete destruction of her wedding vows, but to tell the sons to join in the lie to their father; DAMN, what a bitch. Hell, no wonder they don't have any kind of relationship with their father. They probably think he is weak, and was o-kay with what went on with that Frenchie BASTERD for years (and would still be going on if he hadn't dropped dead). This whore is just full of self serving psycobable, living in denial, and hasn't a clue what her complete and total betrayal has done to her husband. A man of honor, loyalty, and integrity has been handed this by the one person that he had the upmost faith in. A DAMNED AFFAIR that has lasted almost as long as they have been married.

I was surprised to find out that he was still there (I certainly would have long gone before she got back). I wouldn't have gave a damn to hear anything she had to say. I would have just disappeared.

I'm in hopes that the author can salvage something from this story, because right now it has gone so far over the cliff that I don't see any way back. The author is a champion of RAAC, and if that is what happens here; then this will be the last story of his I will bother reading, as there aren't enough excuses-not enough I'm sorry-not enough anything to justify any of what she's done (And given half a chance will continue to do, if her actions and mind set in California are any indication of how little respect she really has for her husband who she has cuckholded for YEARS)!

manawelamanawelaalmost 8 years ago
She needs to feel the pain

The wife apparently does not feel she did anything really wrong, only that she caused her husband pain, but she cant feel his pain if she has no idea how much pain he is in. He should be absolved of all commitment to monogamy for the exact same amount of years she cheated, while she should have no such option. Then she can see how much pain she really has caused.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
She's deluded by the "Coninental" attitude about marriage, but married to an...

...American traditionalist. Her trying in any way to justify her infidelity to him will only blow up in her face. She was a fool to allow herself to be so desperate and needy, in her frustration over her lack of sexual attraction to her husband. Talking with him and seeking professional help would have been difficult, but far wiser. Taking up with the Canadian at that time was broad-backed betrayal, pure and simple. Then minutes after her husband gets on a plane for the Middle East, she's falling apart and Lo and behold, there sits her Philipe, also

Avril's Philipe, and three other women's Philipe. Oh, it's all so sophisticated! But the woman never thought to address any of these many matters with her husband. The man she claims to love and betrayed continuously for what looks like 4-6 years.

So now she wants to "set him straight", justifying her behaviors with platitudes and "sophisticated" bullshit. Think he'll buy it? I hope not!

And that brings us to the crux of my dilemma. I'm really enjoying this well written, tragic, hopeful and somewhat naive (as to loyalty and communications and commitment) story.

Honestly, how will she react if he declares that it's his turn to take a lover and learn some new tricks, then disappears for days on end, coming home only to "get his laundry done and rest up a bit?" He can't honorably hide it from her, because Avril's brought it all out into the open when she delivered the painting that blew a massive hole in his heart and scrambled his mind at the completeness and the extent of her betrayal. It is the private equivalent of treason.

Well, let's see where you take us.

It is very well written and engaging, but and I fully admit that you have captured me, I am really angry at wifey-whore, their oldest son for bei a willing conspirator and for no one ever communicating that the youngest boy is gay. It is what it is, but it staggers how little real communication goes on in this family. I don't know that it's atypical, but I know it is epidemic and has proven infinitely more destructive than if she'd simply sat him down and shared her concerns and issues with him.

A lie is never told in a vacuum, and soon proliferates into a colony, then a town, then a city of similar lies. The vastness of it soon overwhelms and any semblence of truth is long since lost in the flood of lies that follows that first one.....making the entire life of the teller a lie.

So thank you. I'm looking forward to learning how this plays out and hoping you don't leave this man broken and living with a traitor. She doesn't love him, neither do his boys. All because she chose to give herself to another those many years ago.

Love is not as much how we feel, as it is what we do. The feelings are byproducts of our acts. Her acts were not loving. Her children took her motherly counsel and protected her secret, becoming party to the conspiracy and traitors to their family and father, along with their mother. Playing it off as a "torn between two lovers" demi-drama would, in my mind reduce it to a cheesy soap opera. I hope you have sterner story stuff than that ahead.

I hope.

Thanks again.

javmor79javmor79almost 8 years ago
Okay Harry

First off, I wasn't the only one who said that this was a good story that elicited more comments than MOST stories on this site in a single day. Somehow I am the one singled out though. I can deal with that.

Secondly, if you guys think that having a story that is so engaging that people are compelled to comment REPEATEDLY isn't evidence of something well crafted, then you are deluding yourselves. My daughter just finished "To Kill a Mockingbird" for 9th grade Honors English. She was so angry at the end that she cried. I had to make her do the report because she was so through with the book. The ending SUCKED, however, it is still considered one of the must reads in American culture.

Now, am I comparing this story to that? Hell no. But I am saying that this story is engaging, and that people are reacting to what they THINK is going to happen. If this story were written by Vandemonium, and stopped at this same exact spot, people would be cheering and preparing for the next chapter. Tell me I'm wrong.

Now, if this story goes in the direction that everyone says its going, I will be disappointed. It will ruin the story for me. But for NOW, it is an engaging story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Simple insight

Mr Richard is weaving an intricate tale of the do.

But accurate none the less. And the tale is told efficiently worthy of the tenets of "The Elements of Style" by Strunk and White. Even if the storyline continues in a death spiral of trite expectations, I will enjoy getting to the end as the simple direct economy of words is such a pleasure on this site. I wish the whole story could have been printed at one time.

dissmissdissmissalmost 8 years ago
Still a good read but ......

Another 5* but I have a bad feeling regarding part 3.

I'm a woman, I understand emotion and how irrational it can be, but ...... expecting your husband to understand that you gave yourself, all of yourself, freely, to another man, sharing your love that was supposed to be your husbands only and for such a large part of your marriage ...... plus involving his sons to help cover this affair ...... !?!!

I think in the real world there could be no reconciliation, only pain, humiliation,anguish and divorce ...... over to you Mr Gerald.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
@ Javmor79

I can't believe that you are defending this story. RG took the same idea as your story Deployment and turned it into something even more unforgivable. The child in your story accidentally reveals her mother's affair which began after dad was deployed. This one began before he left and continued for decades after he returned.

There are lot of reactions because RG is claiming notwithstanding all of this deception she is a good wife and mother. That is crazy.

PS I'd love to read how the wife in your story met and began her relationship with her lover that included bringing him into her daughter's life. Your story was realistic and wwell scored.

reasonable man

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@javmor79

The whole story IS on the other site, and not to be a spoiler, but you WILL be disappointed.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Further Thought

Her husband comes home from the war "hurting", and instead of being there for HIM, she leans on her lover!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Just read this 'story' on the other site, its finished there. The majority on this site will not like it. And since its in ONE piece on the other site, this 'writer' clearly thinks the readers on this site can't read less than 2 pages at once. 1*

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 8 years ago
I have to admire this writer.

Writing a BTB story that will please the masses is really not difficult at all. Writing a story that creates emotion and angst is far more difficult. Taking a story in a direction different from others is rare on this site. This writer is not looking for high scores. He's not very concerned about irking readers that have a certain mindset. He's trying to expand and grow his craft. This story will not be satisfying to many, but it will certainly give you something to ponder. You don't have to enjoy the outcome to appreciate the effort and thought that a writer expends for the reader. In a world of black and white, this writer gives us shades of gray. Even if you don't like the outcome, you simply have to appreciate the nerve and imagination of RichardGerald!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I agree with the more mature comments. Well written, 5*

I really don't understand the constant demand for BTB. What really is the point. Wife cheats on husband, husband burns wife and lover. End of story. Yeh really interesting.

Ignore the bitter betrayed husbands and continue to write the three dimensional stories the few worthy writers are capable of on this site and it seems the worthy few readers are able to enjoy ....

One more point, RAAC means reconciliation at all costs but a well written reconciliation story is not that. It is about real regret and true remorse and is very difficult to write well. If there is rug sweeping and not true remorse then I agree it is RAAC and not good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
All respect to HDK...

HDK, You are a wonderful author and your opinions should not be ignored. Your praise of this author and his going against the masses is spot on.

However, this story lacks realism. Yes I finished the story on the other site and the outcome lacks terribly. No self respecting man just rolls over and takes this kind of betrayal like he does in real life.

Yes it is his story and he gets to take it where he pleases and how he pleases. However as a reader I get to rate the story on my likes or dislikes. That being said, the story may have been well written but it is a well written BAD story.

And that is why I rated it poorly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Re: the last anon

" the worthy few readers" ?

My what an asinine statement that was . I guess it's the worthy few who needs to tell the vast majority what they are or are not allowed to like. The poor unwashed masses aren't smart enough to know what they really should like and what they shouldn't like .

Well , sorry , but free thought is still alive and well !

Read the entire story on SOL , and it's so damned pretentious to the point of disbelief .

By far the worst thing that this writer has ever spewed forth. And that's saying alot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Old proverb: It's o.k. to lie to others, but don't lie to yourself and believe it.

This wife is out of her mind. How can she justify what she has done to herself, let alone to others?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous