All Comments on 'Another Vice Pt. 01'

by TheDoctorsMistress

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

This is an amazing story, because it realistically examines the core of feelings, the myriad of inner conflicts and motivations of a person who could be any of us. This writer gets more effect and meaning from one or two well-placed words, a precisely placed turn-of-phrase or an unusual adjective, than any writer I've seen in a while. She wields words like a samurai wields a katana!

.

Thank-you for this realistic and interesting story. Keep writing!!! I can't wait for part 2!

.

Now, ANON and BTB Mafia will start cutting-and-pasting their usual ad hominens and screed!

OdiouserOdiouserabout 3 years ago

Great writing skills, but a bit airy-fairy in substance. Never in my long life have I had to deal with such undefinable emotions. But, the final blow, was not knowing one thing more than I knew after the first paragraph. I don't need every story to be 'finished', they are all lust part of the lifelong journey, but I do not like getting involved in two people this early in the morning and then learning nothing about the rest of their day.

TajfaTajfaabout 3 years ago

I pity the poor husband who is the father of her children and who probably has no clue about how she really feels. I assume they are to meet again and take this further? I hope you have her husband discover what she is doing and divorces her. Meanwhile her true love decides to stay with his wife who he loves dearly. Her husband tells her what is going on and she divorces him. Ben blames Maggie for wrecking his life.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 3 years ago

Horrible. She obviously has too much time on her hands. She is engaging in a type of teenage Romantic life story. This emotionally cheating slut is disrespecting her husband and her family. Same as the guy is doing to his wife and family.

The way you tell it seems to be of a great love lost, Fifteen friggen years ago! They are in their mid -late 30's now. Not stupid teenagers. There is nothing pure and sweet and romantic about this. It is dirty, squalid, disgusting behaviour done without their partners knowledge.

If it means that much to each of you, tell your spouses and file for divorce.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 3 years ago

well-written, but part one is only one page? I find it difficult to rate this small portion of the entire story. Do not drag out the story with one page "chapters"!

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

I feel really bad that her husband loved and married someone that wasn't worth shit and should boot out of the house at this point.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A good setup/developing of characters. Brings out a lot of emotions...I guess we have to wait for part 2 for the smut. Ben waited 15 years...I have a feeling it's worth the wait. -Hugo

hindsight2020hindsight2020about 3 years ago

Really unlikable main character.

No sympathy for her at all.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

No one here, other than Lue, cares anything about a cheating whore’s perspective.

mattenwmattenwabout 3 years ago

A disrespectful woman who has no character! How can she marry a man and have children with him if she doesn't really love him? She lives a lie, knowingly destroying her husband's life and probably that of the children as well. Such persons are scum for me! Anyone can make mistakes, but the moment I realize that I have made a mistake, I correct it! Anything else is not acceptable!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nice if in part 2 Ben screws her like a whore and dumps her ass so she now feels what he did all those years ago. Only shame is that he would be cheating on his wife. So maybe instead he leads her on, gets her to go to the hotel room, she strips down and calls his name and then Maggies husband walks in.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 3 years ago

Such an immature woman, still clinging to her teenage romance 15 years later. One thing that will redeem her is to talk the truth to her husband that she never loved him so he can have options. That would be the most humane thing she could do to her husband and children before she becomes a lying cheater and nukes the family life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Sounds like Ben will be driving his dick up her tight married ass soon . Can be good as a story but sad in the reality. This happens way to often . Maybe not with your first love but a high percentage of married people are cheating. Wonder what the percentage is that get caught or w as ok away from there marriage? A

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I have it 5* because it was so well done. A great example of character development. Also a superb example of using suspense in a story, yas, a d a little surprise.

Suspense ... Where was all of this going, ... What would she do, ... How would she hide things from her "real life", ...?

Surprise, ... She did the right thing!!??!! It seemed so certain after all the "vice" and "love" discussion that she surely would cheat on her family, but surprise, surprise ,... she left it a matter of personal interns pain and did not create a situation fraught with danger for her family.

So 5* ... but I didn't enjoy it. Shades of , "Gifts of the Maggi".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

"Who gets to say one is worse than the other?"

Usually, it is social convention, the perceived good of the collective. That's why we have a legal system, why some people are branded as criminals (or those who enthusiastically embrace the profession). That's why there is a taboo against pedophilia, although a few of them might buy into the thought "Who's to judge? We're all guilty of something." The extremes are easy; the grey areas are the difficult cases.

Aside from that, anyone with any moral code whatsoever will, out of logical necessity, "judge" events around them. Rake order in terms of severity, or distance from a norm. The more open minded are "open" to context, to extenuating circumstances, as does the law generally. Moral, and even legal, absolutism tends to be closed-mined and intolerant ... which may be what the quoted comment is really getting at. The grey areas; different sets of values brought into conflict.

Your story did a decent job of describing that grey area. Obviously, one could write several different resolutions. Readers will differ in their choice of the preferred resolution. No surprise there, but hardly the point. Sometimes (often?) our privately constructed and lived moral dilemmas lead to a dead-end. That's also a story worth telling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Interesting, well written start to a story, but far too brief.

As for the Anon immediately below, God spare us from "cracker barrel philosophers." I've read more intellectually rigorous comments in the ethics papers of pretty average sophmores.

Rocky62Rocky62about 3 years ago

Even if she had married mr wunnerful she’d likely be in the same sort of life space of “ married with children” how routine or not routine that is is 50% on her

mattenwmattenwabout 3 years ago

If a reader really should believe that feelings are reflected here as they could affect anyone, then it can only be a reader who has never grown up and is constantly living with a life lie! Neither of the two properties is desirable. Here a woman is described who, despite marriage and two children, never grew up or who betrays herself and those around her with a constant lie. Who wants to be married to a woman like that?

chytownchytownabout 3 years ago

*****Damn that's the best thing I have read this week!! Thanks for sharing.

racfguyracfguyover 2 years ago
Lots of Questions

Questions, like why did she and Ben split?

Why did she even get married, if her husband was 'second choice'?

Why did she never love her husband?

Who is the father of her children?

Is she going to continue this and possibly destroy two families?

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 2 years ago

Really really well written

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous