Apprehended Ch. 22

Story Info
Annie tells Ethan the truth.
12.9k words
4.79
4k
4

Part 22 of the 31 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 08/31/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Apprehended: Chapter Twenty-Two

Ethan cooked shirtless in the kitchen, frying and baking as he moved fluidly; like he belonged there. Which he did. He was the best cook that I knew.

The only cook that I knew.

And it was kind of nice to watch him in his element; at complete and utter ease with his gift.

The speakers were on, carrying a soft tune that was not of the current era. I watched him move lithely, humming along to the lilt of the soft melody. He had a fond adoration for classical music-an integration of oldies that I was always unfamiliar with. I assumed it was due to his age.

He was, after all, from a different era.

I sat quietly on the couch, sifting through random channels as he made dinner for Gavin, Lily, Leviathan and Janet. A final get-together before Gavin's parents departed to their home in another state. It also happened to be New Years Eve.

I was well aware that the scents wafting into my nasal cavity were strong-potent enough to nearly make me gag in nausea.

Which made me shift my thoughts to that of my current dilemma.

Lily had planned to arrive early, bringing certain items with her before dinner. Ethan and Gavin were oblivious to our idea, only knowing what we told them-that we were going to have some girl time before dinner. I hated lying but I couldn't allow Ethan to become anymore suspicious than he already was. He had been assessing me carefully since Christmas...since dinner at the restaurant.

I closed my eyes at the sudden reminder of another issue that lingered on the edges of my subconscious: Jerry.

I didn't know what Ethan did when he left that evening. He was whisper quiet when he arrived three hours later; rendering me wary of his whereabouts. Though it was presumptuous of me to assume he had hurt the man who had tormented me in the past, I still couldn't help but surmise the worst.

And I had no inclination to ask.

Okay, that was a lie. I did want to ask. I wanted to know what took place that evening. And if it involved anything of the brutal variety. But I was too caught up in my own personal quandary to afflict myself with yet another encumbrance. And at this point, sometimes not knowing was healthier than knowing. Considering how anxious I had been over my lack of menstruation, I was more than willing to let it be and simply move forward. Jerry had already tainted my past. I would not allow him to destroy my future either.

Yet...the constant nagging still remained, burrowing into the deep recesses of my troubled mind. Mayhap I should ask him. I suppose that it could offer a kind of closu-

"My female," said Ethan, interrupting my thoughts.

I turned, catching sight of Ethan as he entered the living room in all of his male splendor. He was shirtless, wearing jeans that rested low on his hips to reveal a tantalizing V. How he managed to look utterly delectable in a simple pair of jeans was beyond me.

"Hmm?" I asked.

He smiled and stopped before me, taking a seat on the lip of the coffee table with a spoon in his hand. "Taste this."

I glanced at it hesitantly. "Errr...what is it?"

"Cheesecake." He closed the distance, heading straight for my mouth with a spoon. He stopped and waited patiently for me to open.

Ugh.

"You taste it," I said.

"No. I want you to taste it."

He had no idea the sort of anguish involved in tasting food at the moment. I was on the fringe of yet another disgorgement incident. One that would no doubt yield a blanket of fresh vomit on my mate.

I swallowed the bile that rose to my throat. Unfortunately, I needed to keep up appearances. Which meant that I had to taste the dessert...which looked exceptionally unappealing.

I begrudgingly opened wide as he fed me the spoonful; looking quite pleased with himself when my eyes went wide in surprise.

For the love of everything good in the world. It. Was. Amazing.

I chewed slowly, savoring the sudden burst of flavors in my mouth. "That's really good," I said, chewing. "Really, really good, Ethan." I was shocked to find that I wanted more and that it didn't induce nausea. In fact, it did the opposite. Which was saying something given that I had become a walking regurgitation tank.

His smile widened. "You like it?"

I nodded. "It's delicious. Is there more?"

He laughed. "Yes. I made ten."

I nearly choked. "Ten? Ethan, it's just going to be Gav, his parents, Lily and us."

"And the clan," he added.

My brows shot up. "What? I thought that this was going to be a quiet dinner."

"It's New Years Eve," he pointed out. "I have a lot to celebrate." He got up and pressed a kiss to my forehead before heading back into the kitchen.

I got up and followed, taking a seat on a stool as he continued cooking. I glanced around. "This is a lot of food, Ethan."

"We're a large clan," he said.

I watched him cook, ignoring the large serving platters piled with food that lined the counters and table. I lifted my butt off the stool and leaned over, searching for the desserts. "Hey Ethan?"

He turned to face me. "What is it, baby?"

"Can I have more cheesecake?"

He laughed. "Yeah. Abso."

I swear, my mouth watered.

He patted his bare feet across the floor to the fridge and opened it wide, grabbing a round dish with the creamy goodness. He nicked a knife and cut a piece for me. He served it with a side of simmered strawberries in a thick, gooey, sweet syrup; placing it in front of me with a wink.

Oh my god.

I didn't even remember the last time I was that hungry. Food hadn't been in my radar for a while. I was too sick to eat most of the time.

But this?

Oh god, this was everything I needed. It was sweet. Creamy. A little crunchy from the decadent crust, with a small hint of lemon.

And to die for.

I took a giant spoonful as Ethan watched me snarf it down. I barely chewed as I went for another spoonful, nearly moaning at the taste.

Best. Cheesecake. Ever.

Ethan leaned in, resting his forearms on the counter as he said, "I see you like it. Do you feel sick?"

I shook my head no, chewing. "Not at all."

He chuckled. "That's good. You haven't been eating much."

He continued to stare as I ate, watching me polish off the plate in less than five minutes. When I finished, I slid the empty plate towards him. "Can I have more?"

He smiled, revealing his dimples. "Sure."

I ate two more slices. Ethan indulged me each time, never denying me. By the time I was done, I was stuffed to capacity and exhausted, resting my head in my hand as he washed my dish and continued to cook.

"You okay, cherie?"

I nodded sleepily. "Mm-hmm."

He momentarily abandoned his simmering food to come to me once more, drying his hands on a towel before tossing it in the sink. He moved around the counter and to my barstool, where he opened his arms. "Come, love."

I turned wearily, on the verge of passing out. "What?"

"Take a nap, sweetheart. I'll carry you."

That sounded great. It seemed my body felt relieved by my large food intake; rendering me a sleepy, disoriented mess.

I glanced at the clock in the kitchen. "What about dinner?"

He looked at his watch on his thick wrist. "We have two hours. Rest an hour. I'll wake you to shower and get ready before Gavin brings his mate."

I considered it.

He scooped me up, not giving me a chance to answer as he carried me in his arms and made his way to the living room. "Stay on the couch. You can sleep here with me in the kitchen. I'll be close."

That sounded even better. "Okay," I said, giving in. Having him near me made everything better. Including a simple nap.

I yawned, reveling in the lack of nausea after eating. It had been too long since I ate without puking afterward. I was going to take advantage of it. And if my body wanted to sleep off the food inhalation, I was going to utilize every moment.

He deposited me on the couch carefully and grabbed a fuzzy throw blanket from the closet by the door. He wrapped my body in its warmth, tucking me in and pressing a kiss to my lips once...twice...three times, before rising to let me sleep. I was already dozing, my lids closing heavily and my belly full.

"Sleep good, mea vita."

I smiled, feeling comfortable and pleasantly satisfied.

***

I awoke a little frightened and in unreasonable panic. A nightmare lingered on the edges of my subconscious, but I was unable to discern details. I sat upright and tried to calm my racing heart.

"My female. You okay?"

Ethan was finishing in the kitchen, warming up food and setting more platters.

"Yeah," I said a little breathlessly. "Just a bad dream. Are you done cooking?"

He washed his hands in the sink and walked over to me, looking a little beat. "Just finished actually. I was going to wake you." He sat on the couch near my feet, lifting my legs and placing them on his lap.

Then he began to softly rub my soles, applying just the right amount of pressure in a sweet, slow rhythm.

I inhaled sharply and melted into the massage...into him.

"What was your nightmare about?" he asked softly, pressing his warm thumbs into my flesh, kneading and squeezing.

"I don't really remember." God, that felt amazing. I sat a little straighter and watched his long fingers work their magic.

He looked at his watch. "Lily is twenty minutes away. Gavin is dropping her off and leaving again to get his parents."

"Okay...do I have time for a quick shower?"

"Of course, dulzura. Head upstairs. I'll send Lily up when she arrives." He released my feet and I inadvertently let out a groan. It felt too good and my feet were too achy to be liberated from his attentions.

He smiled and patted my thighs lightly. "I'll be more than happy to give you a massage after everyone leaves. Does that sound good, my petal?"

"Yes," I said, without hesitation. "Please." Any opportunity to have Ethan's hands on me was an opportunity I was going to take. I got up slowly and reluctantly, feeling a little sluggish. Still a little tired.

"Hey," Ethan said, his voice deep and low.

I glanced at him. "Hmm?"

"Come here, my female...I want a kiss."

I smiled...and shifted to lean over his large form, pressing a soft kiss to his lips.

God, he smelled so good. And he tasted just as delicious.

He grabbed my waist and pulled me into him abruptly and unexpectedly. I yelped and fell forward, my body landing on his with considerable force. He guided my legs, shifting me to straddle him. "That's better," he said against my lips. "Right where you belong."

I laughed and pulled back. "I'm supposed to be getting ready. There isn't much time."

"We will have more time tonight," he promised, pressing kisses across my jawline...my chin...my neck.

I inhaled sharply once more, his fangs descending and nipping the tender flesh where my neck meets my shoulder. It was tantalizing, the small sting instantly forgotten as he lapped at it with a long sweep of his tongue to soothe it. My head fell back of its own accord and he held me in place, his warm, strong hand threading through my hair and settling at my nape.

He continued his slow torment, dusting wet kisses over the expanse of my entire neck. I moaned lowly, unable to suppress the pleasure that tickled its way across my skin...warming me and making me break out in a light sweat.

Jesus.

Ethan always knew how to rile me up; charging me and electrifying my nerve-endings in a barrage of insurmountable satisfaction.

"Later," he promised, still kissing, "I intend to make you scream, my Luna. Until all you feel is me. All you smell is me. All you hear is me. And all you know is me." He growled, his tongue darting out to lick a path from my collarbone to my chin, where he found my lower lip and sucked it into the hot recess of his mouth.

I groaned again, gasping as he lightly bit down on my swollen flesh.

"Aye," he said, seductively. "Just like that. I mean to make you cry out in sheer, unadulterated pleasure."

I was wrapped around him like a vise. My arms were around his thick neck and my fingers were threaded through his hair; knotting and coiling around my palm as I squeezed the tendrils in sudden desperation. "Ethan," I moaned against his lips.

"Yes..." he whispered, kissing me once...twice. "What do you need, baby?"

I sighed against his lips, yearning for more. So much more. But I knew that there wasn't enough time. "You," I admitted.

He chortled, his sweet breath tickling my face and sending shivers down the length of my spine. "I will be more than happy to pleasure you, my female...after dinner." He smoothed a hand down my spine. "Go upstairs. Shower. Lily will be here soon."

That had me moving.

Though I was extremely reluctant to leave his arms. Ethan always made me feel good. Safe. Loved. Protected. Being bonded to him made leaving worse. I got up slowly, his hand holding mine to guide me up steadily. When I was vertical, I moved to walk away, but stopped, looking at our linked fingers.

I truly didn't want to go. Even if it was a simple shower...the distance felt too great.

He smiled and kissed my fingers. "Soon, my petal. I vow it."

I knew he would live up to his promise. It was only that I was an emotional wreak, and having him so close leveled me. Ethan swept away the anxieties. He blanketed me in a clean slate, one where the world was perfect, filled with no doubts or worries.

"Go," he urged, rising. He was so tall, I had to crank my neck back to look at him.

God, he smelled wonderful. So masculine. And warm. The scent that signified home. And all the comforts it offered.

Instinctively, I lifted my arms, needing more of him. Yearning for him in ways that couldn't be considered healthy in a normal human relationship. Between two human beings. "Can you take me upstairs?" I asked softly.

He laughed. "You want me to carry you, sweetheart?"

I smiled. "Yes...please?"

He shook his head, his hair falling into his eyes. "You are insatiable, my female...but of course, I will." He lowered himself and grabbed my hips, hiking me up quickly and easily. "Wrap your legs around my waist, baby."

I did so gladly.

And hugged him, shoving my face into his thick neck. "You smell good," I said, inhaling deeply.

"Do I?" He began walking up the stairs, his arms tightening around me. "I'm glad that my scent pleases you."

I giggled when he pressed a few fingers into my side, tickling me. "Ethan!"

"Your laughter is beautiful," he admitted, heading into our bedroom and straight to the bathroom. He turned on the shower with me still in his arms. "Alright," he said, hugging me before setting me down in front of him. "Shower."

"Okay." I hesitated again. "Can I have one more kiss?"

His smile grew impossibly wider. "Anything for you." He leaned in and pressed a warm, wet kiss across my mouth...once...twice...three times before pulling away with his own groan. "Later," he promised. "I'm going to ravish you."

I laughed. "Please do."

He moved to the door and winked before leaving me alone.

I made quick work of taking a shower, getting ready in record time. I did little to help my appearance. I was too frazzled to worry about the right outfit for the occasion. I chose leggings and a pull-over hoodie in white. Anything to hide my stomach. I slapped on some lip gloss, wrapped my wet hair in a bun and let my toes roam free.

A few minutes later, a knock sounded at the bedroom door, alerting me to Lily's arrival. I opened with a smile and ushered her in. I looked her over. "You look beautiful."

"You do too." She pulled a brown paper bag from her purse and shook it. "I got it."

I swear I nearly hurled. "Did Gavin or Ethan see it?"

Her brows furrowed. "Of course not. That would be a disaster."

"Agreed," I said, taking the bag. "Thank you...for doing this."

She put a warm hand on my shoulder and gave it a light squeeze. "No problem. Now take it out."

I dug in the bag reluctantly and pulled out the box with trembling fingers. I turned it over to read the instructions. Lily proceeded to take off her coat, tossing it on a nearby lounge chair near our closet. She grabbed the remote for the tv and turned it on for some background noise. "Go on. Pee on the stick and come out once you're done."

"That's it?" I asked.

"That's it," she repeated.

I turned and headed into the bathroom, making quick work of the plastic sheath around the test. I sat on the toilet and shoved the stick underneath, peeing on the damn thing nervously.

There was little time to waste. I couldn't bear the not knowing. It was consuming me; rendering me anxious.

All. The. Time.

When I was done, I capped it and placed it on the counter to wash my hands.

I grabbed the edge of the counter and squeezed until my knuckles were white, staring at the fucking stick as if it were a bomb on the verge of exploding. My pulse quickened and my heart hammered loudly against my chest.

Jesus.

How did women cope with this much pressure? It was unbearable.

I began to pace in the small space, starting at the tub and trailing to the door, back to the tub and ending at the door. Over and over until I was a walking ball of frazzled nerves.

How long did the instructions state I have to wait? Ten minutes? Fifteen?

I stopped pacing and shifted from foot to foot, awaiting my fate. Awaiting an answer to the question that had been haunting me since Christmas.

"Are you done in there?" Lily called out.

I opened the door in a flourish, sweating and shaking. "How long is it supposed to take?" I asked. I was an edgy wreck; anxious for a negative. And dreading a positive.

"The box said fifteen minutes. I'll put on a timer and we can watch some tv. Perhaps paint our nails?"

My eyes widened. "You actually have nail polish?"

"Of course I do. I didn't want Ethan or Gavin to be suspicious. We said girl time and I intend on taking advantage of it."

I smiled, thankful for any type of distraction, no matter how mundane it seemed. "Alright."

She pulled me to the bed and we sat down, watching television and painting our toes until the timer went off, alerting us that the fifteen minutes were up.

"Are you ready?" she asked.

I got off the bed carefully, not wanting to smudge my polish. "No."

She lowered the volume on the tv. "Bring it out here. Don't look at it yet."

"How can I not look at it?" I said, wringing my hands together anxiously.

She too got up, walking cautiously. "Relax, okay. I'll get it."

She disappeared into the bathroom and grabbed it, heading back to sit at the lip of the bed. I sat beside her, unwilling to look. "What does it say?"

"You want me to look at it? Shouldn't you?"

I shrugged. "I honestly don't know how to look at it...what if its positive?"

"You tell him," she replied flatly.

"It's not that simple."

"Of course it is. I see the way he looks at you. I see the love in his eyes. This won't change anything."

"It will."

"It won't. What do you think he's going to do? Hurt you?"

"No, but-"

"Can I be honest with you?" she interrupted.

"Um...yeah...sure."

She hesitated briefly before speaking.

"Not to be too upfront or anything...but Ethan nearly murdered your abusive ex, Annie. In a restaurant full of people. I've never seen anything like it. I can't even express how he was able to control himself. The anger was that palpable...and...if he's willing to do that for you...to protect you at any cost...to preserve you as you are...well, I'd say that that's a man worth keeping. A little nine month bump won't deter his feelings for you. Love isn't unkind, Annie. It doesn't just walk away when something unexpected happens. Just as he didn't abandon you when the unexpected happened in the restaurant. You have to trust that...you have to trust him." She took my hand and patted it lightly. "I don't know him, you or Gavin well enough. But it isn't difficult to spot something good when I see it. They're cousins after all. The apple doesn't fall too far and all that."