Apprentice Dedicant Ch. 02 - Beginning Service

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Your Lady Ixi.

The letter immediately flustered Neve. It was so short and vague yet packed with demands. She wondered if other gods' cloister members had such direct relationships with their deity. As Neve mused and decided to tackle the bathhouse first, another bell tinkled at the door, and then yet another letter dropped on the floor. Neve cared far less about the letter and whipped around to the door, opening it to see who the messenger could be. To see nothing but a rustle in the underbrush as what or whoever it was escaped her visual capture. Turning around with a slight huff, Neve picked up a folded not written in the same hand.

I realized no one had sent you clothes; check the line strung between the cottage and the greenhouse in the mornings. You will always find more than what you need. You are welcome.

-Lady Ixi

Neve looked up to her right, finding bright linen clothes strung before her. It was already humid this early in the day, so she chose a blue tunic dress, soft leather shoes, and a long mustard yellow bandana with flower embroidery. Using the yellow cloth, Neve bound her curl up and back, clearing them from her face. The slit in the tunic road a little higher than made Neve comfortable, but she doubted Ixi cared.

Neve would have taken this opportunity to wander a moment in her new surroundings and opened a few of the front buildings up to figure out what all these places listed looked like. Instead, there was a resounding echo of chiming bells at the clergy gate entrance. The one Neve had only barely found, rushing through the twisting garden paths, the ringing grew more fervent.

Swinging the gate open, Neve was greeted yet again by Ionnia, who glared down the long bridge of her nose.

"You did not find all you needed or sign up for services before you ran off."

She spat, then thrust a small scroll into Neve's unopened hands, or tried, the damned thing clattered to the ground between them.

____________________Unpublished Part 2____________________________


[JM1]Make a word and place codex for this story

[JR2]*Madonia/Donias: the Arkavosian title for an older unmarried woman// all classes

*Ladonia/Doni: married/titled person

*donia/donita: married woman

*onia/onias: unmarried, young titled people

*Nio/Nia: confirmed holy person/priesthood member

*Io/Ia: monk/nun/acolyte, lower members of the clergy, those who were still occasionally allowed to exit the Patheon Fortress

12