All Comments on 'April 1, Day One'

by cookingwithgas

Sort by:
  • 74 Comments
Rw43Rw43about 2 months ago

This is the CWG we know and like.

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadabout 2 months ago

I liked it. I liked it a lot. Lol. It was a fun read and more realist to those of us raised in violence.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 2 months ago

That was a great tale! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Bronco56Bronco56about 2 months ago

Excellent story. I enjoyed it

5stars

ttt59ttt59about 2 months ago

Always can count on a lovely BTB from you! Thanks! Last part reminded me of the Jerry Reed song, "Amos Moses." Keep up the great work!

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 2 months ago

10 Big Blazing Stars for Writer CWG. MC sounds like he had some good friends that came back to help straighten things out in his life. Unfortunately his first wife was just another slut. I loved the happy ending. thanks for the effort! Buster2U

Jack99Jack99about 2 months ago

I kept waiting for the other shie to drop, and find out it was Marley the entire time. Lol,

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 months ago

We never learned why Marley and Ham fell out of touch and/or why they didn't reconnect when she graduated from college. How did he meet Hailey and what was her background? Don't get me wrong, it was still an entertaining read! 3.7*

Cracker270Cracker270about 2 months ago

Loved the story line and the outcome. As usual your writing skills are top of the mark. Easy five.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 2 months ago

I loved it even thou it was a little over the top. I guess sometimes we need a little over the top in our fictional entertainment. It was also good that his come to Jesus' moment came at the hands of someone other than Ham. I'm not sure why the first brush with the law would have ever been used against him when he was acting to stop a rape on top of being attacked by the perpetrators, and he certainly would have been underage, and his record would have been sealed. I still gave it 5-stars.

GamblnluckGamblnluckabout 2 months ago

You mentioned Dane did not know much about alligators. You should know they can get over a fence that is short enough to push a man over. I've seen videos of the climbing up and then falling over the other side of a 6 foot fence.

Still a fun revenge thing. Was Billy Ray helping him revenge almost being burned alive, going to jail, or screwing the MC's life? Or all the above?

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowabout 2 months ago

Fantastic tale!

Loved it.

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 2 months ago

Nice short and fun story. Alligators - a biological deterrent.

lujon2019lujon2019about 2 months ago

As long as he was getting her to confess things why didnt he get her to confess to perjury in his criminal trial?

.

.

Also two of his three arrests were for preventing sexual assault, and the third was punching a guy who hit him unprovoked with a beer bottle while he was minding his own business.

,

You could at least have set his trial in racist democrat controlled Austin if you expect us to believe Texans would jail a man for preventing a rape

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Should have gotten his conviction overturned THEN gotten on with his life. Having a Sheriff as a girlfriend might not work for a "bull in a china shop"!

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 2 months ago

I asume the state redid/reduced his conviction...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

It should be the husband or wife's prerogative to do to their spouse's lover what Hammer did to Dane. Just insure that they get evidence. Pics, video, witnesses, or recorded confessions and Bob's your uncle! Smash some nuts, break some ribs, feed the lothario to the gators! It's all good. "The guy had proof that this jerk was having sex with his wife, he deserved what he got!" Bottom line, if you fall in lust with another man or woman? Make sure you divorce your spouse before engaging in ANY kind of sexual acts with your paramour or they could end up hurt or worse. You get to live and be sued by your lovers family in civil court for wrongful death of their family member. The wronged spouse is immune from prosecution or litigation because THEY WERE THE WRONGED PARTY.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Revenge is good, but alligator was too much. liked the different approach.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbosabout 2 months ago

I thought this one was pretty good. The pacing was a bit.. brisk, but overall it managed to get the story through pretty well. The thing that didn't sit well with me however is that given the fate of Dane and Hailey, they weren't really a big enough villainous presence in his life - you know, some taunting or something would have made the ending go down better. Rather that, I can only see Hailey as a complete dumbass and frankly.. Dane getting eaten by gators is pretty horrific for what they did (or tried to anyway) to him. I mean, if you're going to have a man beaten up, have his nuts crushed and then eaten by gators, I feel like he should be more of an asshole?

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 2 months ago

Gruesome. Should probably be in Erotic Horror.

WargamerWargamerabout 2 months ago

Hokies and hillbillies but l liked it.

Boy, was Hailey a dumbass, being that dumb cost her 10 years of her life.

5/5 well done!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Murder doesn't cut it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

City boys never learn, don't fuck with a local boy in his element, it will never end well. No need to even care about the cunt, Ok just a little thought, I hope she like to eat pussy....stupid bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Liked it a lot. It was like reading a coherent version of a Jimbob44 story 😎

.

4 ****

PowersworderPowersworderabout 2 months ago

A very entertaining story, well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Great story. I think he had a good counter suit for wrongful conviction. Sequel? Sad the wife was such a hoe!

tralan69ertralan69erabout 2 months ago

All gaters need to eat.

Enjoyed your story, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Great story. Perfect revenge

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I enjoyed the story. It was much better than your last offering.

One thing I did want to comment on was your choice of names. Having three characters in the story named Hailey, Harley, and Marley was probably not your best decision. There is a reason that so much writing advice says to avoid similar sounding names and many even say to avoid having characters share a first initial.

funperson969funperson969about 2 months ago

Just like JOMO said. A fun read

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Silly juvenile stuff. Good story for the BTB crowd to jerk off to though!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 months ago

Never fuck with a Cajun

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 months ago

rofl he thinks his wife is crazy. how does someone watch someone getting torn apart my gators. about everyone in this story needs to be in prison or an asylum

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I did like it but I was waiting to find out just how long she was cheating. If she was lying abut it starting at the BBQ then when did it start?

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 months ago

Great story, very well done, thanks! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING STARS!

fieldofdreams69fieldofdreams69about 2 months ago

Five stars! Well played.

Regguy69Regguy69about 1 month ago

Always glad to see a CWG story in the offerings. Nicely done.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 1 month ago

I thought this was an enjoyable read...not too heavy, and "the good guy won", but not too syrupy !

As soon as Marley turned up, it was obvious what was going to happen between them, but overall a solid 4-star story.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerabout 1 month ago

The Bear loves it, son. Not bad revenge, payback, whatever you call it. We don't have alligator farms in New Jersey, but I'll see if we can. & big stars, because the lad was a little slow on the uptake. But it all came out in the wash. His parents could have been a little more supportive, too. all in all, not a bad story. Just goes to show you what being a good, stand-up guy can get you. The Bear approves. Keep writing.

The BEAR

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 1 month ago

Good story, I enjoyed the read. Thanks for your writing.

Texican1830Texican1830about 1 month ago

I have you favorited due to stories like this! That was fun!

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 month ago

Karma is a real bitch for some people and bites like hell. That was a good one! 5 stars

Rocky62Rocky62about 1 month ago

Great karma for the bastard, turned to gater shit

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 1 month ago

Yeah, this is one of the best writers on this site. He's like having a 30-game winner on your staff. Even when he's off his game, he will somehow ugly-out a win, even if the reliever gets the W. This story? It's another example of writing without the usual buttload of tired LW clichés. I'm mad jelly! LULZ 5+++++/5

bobareenobobareenoabout 1 month ago

I’m concerned the alligator might have had indigestion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I simply love this one!!! Everyone gets what they deserve. Stupid wife loses baby AND goes to jail. Her boyfriend becomes alligator food. Best part is he knows what's happening, being ripped apart while alive and who it's being done for. Yep, that's what use guys want to see more of. Just 1 niggling little item. At the start of the story Dane was Wilson, later changed to Woodson. Continuity problems matter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Finally cookingwithgas!!! You actually submitted a BTB + story! Nothing like seeing a cheating, WHORE wife and her POS lover "pay" for their despicable actions!

WELL DONE and THANK YOU!!!

FIVE STARS!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

If Dane is going to suffer permanent damage why stop at the testicles. Why not have his arms and legs amputated, eyeballs punched out, and a metal plate? If you’re going gore porn, might as well go all the way. Two stars and a boycott of this author going forward.

AardieAardieabout 1 month ago

How does he get the money back for the house if the guy was fed to gators? If he had fire insurance, though, wouldn't he have been able to pay off the mortgage and lawyer?

Kernow2023Kernow2023about 1 month ago

I don't think even Troy Landry could have saved Dane from the alligators , hope they didn't get poisoned eating the cheat

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Good story. A trial for assault case like this would take a day, not 45. Even if you bring ing experts for some sort of diminished capacity defense, it would take two days...three tops. Even non lawyers should have enough common sense to know 45 days is ridiculous. Based on the story, the neighbors weren't there when the fight started. So, there's no disinterested witness to testify about who started the fight. No weapon was involved, which makes it unlikely he would be charged with more than misdemeanor assault. Injecting DEI through Marley's profession loses a star. Overall, well done. 4

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 1 month ago

I do like the story but not the killing of lover boy although it happens a lot in my country but not feeding him to crocodiles more like the machete's and illegal guns have more victims than our crocodiles commonly found in our jungles though to sone extent they exists in our senate halls.

/

Hailey's character seens to me like a robit with very bad programming codes. I think Hailey has some mental disability especially her treatment of the DNA report and her saying she's pregnant while husband is in prison when she got pregrant.

/

Over all nice stiry sans the murder and Hailey's mental state. Thanks @ cookingwithgas.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Knows the diff between 'dark' and 'noir.'

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Liked it, but the sad part is that there actually are people like the wife & Dane in this world.

I wonder if wife ever wishes she could go back and not be a slut.

16GaDouble16GaDoubleabout 1 month ago

Good story. Liked it very much.

Five stars.

GardenshedGardenshedabout 1 month ago

Great story, hopefully Dane didn’t get the Gators sick? Pretty silly that Billy-Ray killed Dane and videoed the crime. Saying Ham helped him turn his life around? Figured that Marley would show up at the end of the story!

Enjoy your writing….

bacchant2bacchant2about 1 month ago

Really enjoyed it but the wifes stupidity defies belief. Suppose it takes all sorts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Pretty good, while being grim as hell

Needs eroticism (wife + lover, but especially Harley + MC!)

Worth reading, thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

It's so rare to find stories with husbands who aren't pussies. The main culprit is always the traitorous wife. Any story that leaves her unpunished, is always a closet cuck story trying to pass as something else. Thankfully, this one has her where she belongs in the end.

NickTeeNickTeeabout 1 month ago

Hmmm. I don't see Rutweiler's comments must have been removed (I'm not sure how that's done) but he is getting a reputation for personal attacks...

Crusader235Crusader235about 1 month ago

Love good stories where the scumbag paramore gets what he deserves, and The slut wife did as well. Five stars for a good loving wives ending.

shadrachtshadrachtabout 1 month ago

A mostly satisfying ending, even if Hailey's thought process made no sense whatsoever. 4*

crazymike45crazymike45about 1 month ago

I loved the ending.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 month ago

Good story! Louisiana has parishes, not counties. Natalbany is in Tangipahoa Parish.

5

AnonymousAnonymous23 days ago

Never approve of murder in these stories

dgfergiedgfergie18 days ago

second reading on this great friends our MC has too bad that guy over the fence didn't have more experience wrestling alligators. What goes around comes around, you know! 5 stars again and again.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

"I had no hankering that she would do something like that" - A "hankering" is a strong desire, I think you mean "inkling."

~~~

"Marley's dad talked them into dropping the charges." - What charges? He broke up an attempted rape and defended himself!

~~~

"went on a terror" - I've never heard this expression, did you mean "on a tear?"

~~~

"He said it would be funny" - "He said..." Why can't these wives think for themselves? Would she think it was funny if things were reversed?

26thNC26thNC15 days ago

Great story. Cheating wife gambled and lost everything. Her lover ended up as gator chow in a welcome finish for this bastard. Cheating wife got ten years and gave up the asshole’s bastard for adoption.

mdadaminmdadamin6 days ago

I do not think that there is a stupid woman like that wife

she knows that she cheated with her lover and had unprotected sex so she might have her lover's child, even though she did not even try to read the result before giving it to her husband

she knew the temper of her husband but she helped her lover to burn the house and confessed to her husband

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercookingwithgas@cookingwithgas
Romance novelist, under pen name K.L. Denison. You can follow me on Amazon, KDP and coming soon on SmashWords Like writing and posting free stories for others' enjoyment - often just to clear a writer's block. Real life can be pretty boring, so I strive to avoid the common ...