April's Fool

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When lunch was over, April just retrieved her coat and walked outside, leaving Charles to settle the bill.

Charles couldn't do otherwise, paid and ran after April. When he caught up, she was already halfway to the entrance of the park.

April had a mission and a plan. Walking out of the restaurant without paying, she normally was the one who paid for the lunch, she had time to activate the recorder but it was also done to anger Charles.

"What the fuck possesses you? You can't just walk out," he panted from the short run.

April thought, Paul wouldn't breathe hard from running after me. Damn, how could I have missed that.

Once in the park, she found herself a spot near the ice-cream stall and sat down on a bench. Immediately Charles was all over her, but she loudly stopped him, "Keep your hand off me."

This wasn't what Charles, who was becoming quite aroused now he thought the grand prize was within reach, expected. April fumbled in her bag and pulled out a print. She had printed out a screenshot.

"Explain this!" she demanded.

Charles looked at it and spoke. "Your marriage with that fool was already stale, so I forced him to make a decision and to show him who was the new man in your life."

"And who told you that you were the new man in my life? I certainly didn't."

"But we're made to be together. Certainly, don't you feel that too?"

He's certainly a smooth operator. Now to business, April thought. "No, I needed some comfort, not a broken marriage. I'm here to tell you that this is now coming to an end and that we can't see each other anymore. I'm going to save my marriage, my marriage that you almost destroyed with your delusions."

Like a leaf turning, Charles suddenly showed his true nature. He sneered, "Oh no. You're not getting off that easily. Your marriage is hanging by a thread. You're going to do what I tell you, otherwise I'll snip that thread."

"Blackmail? You are trying to blackmail me? Is that what gets you riled up? And what do you want me to do, to prevent your 'snipping'?" April asked, coldness creeping in her voice.

"How shall I put that in words? Ahh, you are going to attend to my needs, my sexual needs and when I find that they are properly attended to and I'm done with you attending, I might show some leniency and will not tell your husband that you were here in the park with me again. Telling him would put a damper on your reconciliation, wouldn't it?"

How can he be so stupid? Does he really think that after that card, Paul wouldn't check up on things and find out about him, including the posts on Facebook? Why is he thinking that he can force me to service him since I already know that he is only out to destroy my marriage?

April thought while she looked around. I'm glad I chose this spot. Secluded enough to lure him into a sense of security but in plain sight of the CCTV from the ice-cream stall.

Charles interpreted April's silence as surrendering to the unenviable. Inwardly he screamed his victory while feasting his eyes on yet another victim.

April was dressed in a thin knitted dress that followed her shape like a second skin. He could see that underneath she wore a bra. But that piece of lingerie did almost nothing to contain her breasts jiggling against the fabric of the dress. Charles found it utterly erotic.

Convinced that he had April cornered, he grabbed at her.

"Keep your filthy hands to yourself!" April shouted angrily while her hand went into her bag.

Now that he had his feel of her breasts again, he was blind with lust and he growled, "Oh no. I'm going to have my way with you and nothing will stop me. You are going to spread your legs for me. Willingly, or else I'll ruin your marriage."

His other hand forced itself between her legs and upward. April waited until the hand was under her dress when she told him again to keep his hands from her. But it was to no avail for Charles kept forcing himself on her and started to use his bodyweight too.

April had enough. With one hand trying to fight Charles' onslaught, she took her other hand, containing a canister with pepper spray, out of the bag. She aimed, pushed once and wrenched herself loose facing the other way.

Howling, Charles let go and April got to her feet at once, taking a few steps back. Despite the almost disabling burning sensation in his nose Charles jumped to his feet, too, and wanted to go after her. He screamed at her, "You'll pay for this. I'll have you and I won't be gentle. I'll rip your cunt to shreds!"

He took a step towards her, raised his arm to hit her when April let him have it with another mist of pepper spray, this time hitting him squarely in his eyes. At the same time, her right foot solidly connected with the private parts between his legs.

He buckled, falling forward to his knees while still screaming, only this time not from anger. For good measure, April forcefully lifted her knee up to hit his face. That was more than Charles could take. He crumpled to the ground and stayed down, moaning because the pain in his groin hit him full force through the adrenaline wall.

With teary eyes due to the dispersion of the spray, she contentedly thought, Those self-defense lessons from Paul came in handy after all. What did he always say? When an opponent is stronger than you are: fight dirty. It couldn't be dirtier than this, I presume.

Scathingly she said, "Now the playing field is leveled. You'd better stop bothering me because you will hate the consequences," and walked to the ice-cream stall.

"That was quite a performance, ma'am," the owner said as she handed her a cup of tea-to-go.

April nodded, appreciating the compliment. "Can I have a copy of that CCTV recording just in case the guy tries to screw me some other way?"

"The recording is stored on a thumb-drive. If you promise to reimburse me for the drive you can have that. Is that a deal? I have a spare for now."

April handed over two twenties to the woman. "Is this enough?" she asked.

The ice-cream lady gave one back. "Tea is on me. For the show. Thank you."

April smiled and handed the note back. "No thank you. You just might have saved my marriage."

Shaking from the adrenaline rush and the withdrawal thereafter she walked to the park's exit and went home with the thumb drive in her pocket.

====

On Thursday afternoon, Paul cycled home. Weekend! he sang inside. One glorious long weekend, so many to come.

His new job was off to a good start. His colleagues were very happy to have him as their manager, stating that they finally had someone who knew his business after he had an introductory talk with everyone. Paul had told them honestly that his loyalties were now to the department and not only to the people who work there and that therefore he would have to sometimes tell them things they wouldn't like.

To some of his former co-workers he offered training to enhance their own careers. To two of them, he said that they had to perform better and one he offered a language course. The woman came from mainland Europe but hadn't mastered the English language enough to get the best out of herself. Her knowledge and skills were way above average but her grasp of the language held her back.

Now he was off to his first free weekend and he would see his children again for the first time in a long time. April would be back too, but he thought that he just had to accept that and let her take the initiative to save their marriage. After all, he'd tried long and hard to save it while she was the one lighting the fuse of destruction.

Once home, he changed into his casual training suit and started supper. As it cooked, he also made a beginning of cleaning the house before the doorbell rang. He opened the door and was confronted with the sight of two police officers.

"Good afternoon. I'm Officer Johnston. Are you Cornelius Paulus Fowler?"

It had been a long time since Paul heard his full name mentioned and it coming from the mouth of an officer of the police didn't bode well.

"Yes, I am, is there something wrong? With my children, or wife?" Paul asked anxiously.

"Not that we know of. We're here to arrest you on charges of aggravated assault on Charles Marsh," the officer replied.

"What!" Was the only answer Paul had to that accusation.

"We need you to come to the police station for questioning."

"I need to save my supper first. Do you have a minute?"

"Of course, sir. Five minutes before the officer at the backdoor comes to get you."

Back in the kitchen, Paul, in desperation, called Jack. "Jack, I'm being arrested for assault on that Marsh asshole. Please help."

"What? Where are they taking you?"

I don't know, the police station, they said."

"Ok, don't worry. I'll think of something."

When Jack turned around, he found April looking at him and stating, "Dad, that was Paul, wasn't it? What's wrong?"

Jack warily answered, "He's been arrested for assault. They say he did a number on that Marsh fellow?"

April blanched, "No, that was me. He first tried to blackmail me and when that didn't work quick enough, to rape me. I used some tricks that Paul taught me. That fucking asshole is trying to frame Paul for it."

Jack was flabbergasted, "Can you prove that?"

April grimaced and said, "Remember, you gave me that voice recorder? I taped him. And I have a CCTV record from the ice-cream stall.Sight and sound. I'm going to report him for rape."

"And Paul?" Her father asked.

"He comes first. I'll drive over and tell them everything. I need to pack some things. I don't expect to be back this evening."

Meanwhile Paul was 'processed' in the station. Fingerprints, photographed, swabbed for DNA and so on.

Finally, he sat in front of a detective. "What can you tell me?" the man gruffly asked.

Paul was seriously aggravated now. They treated him as a piece of meat, only telling him that he was arrested for an assault on Marsh. It occurred to him that getting him angry and therefore off balance was a tactical move so he gritted his teeth and asked, "I can quote parts of the Bible to you, otherwise I don't have the slightest what you are talking about and where is my lawyer?"

"Another question, do you have an alibi?"

Paul grimaced and started to doubt the mental abilities of the man behind the desk. He replied with glacial sarcasm in his voice, "An alibi for when and what? You are interviewing me without a lawyer present, isn't that trampling the rights of your victims?"

"In due time. Now, explain to me why you have beaten up my friend Charles Marsh?" The detective asked, not realizing that he just made a serious mistake in revealing the victim's name and even worse, calling him a friend.

"Now it all makes sense to me; you're a member of the marriage wrecker club and your 'mate' met some hard justice for that. If you find your person who did this tell him. I'd like to congratulate him, or her. Now where is my lawyer? I need to file a complaint as well."

"Are we going to play hardball? Do you know what you're dealing with?" The detective replied harshly, trying to bully Paul in submission.

"You bet I am, and I know exactly what I'm dealing with. I only can't say that aloud because that would be insulting to an officer of the police, wouldn't it?"

Going purple, the man got up and called another officer, telling the woman to lock Paul up.

When they hauled Paul out of his cell, he noticed it was about four hours later on the clock. The next thing he noticed was Lydia Coleman and Ben Green in a heated discussion with the Sheriff and on a bench against the wall a very agitated April.

The Sheriff looked irritated at Paul and said to Ben, "There he is. Are we done now?"

"Absolutely not. First, the record of his arrest must be wiped from your system as it will hinder my client's security clearance in the future. Second, this woman here has information and will press charges against Charles Marsh, the one who falsely accused my client. I also will advise my clients to press charges against your officer and you as his superior."

The Sheriff's face went red, but he knew of the reputation of this lawyer. His predecessor ended up in jail due to this man and his friends. He knew that the complaint would be issued but he could limit the damage by wiping the file. He had them witnessing doing so.

====

It was late in the evening when April drove Paul home. Before he got out April asked, "I'd like to get one thing off my chest before I go home. I am aware that you don't like me very much now. I was stupid and did some very stupid things but I didn't send that card, nor did I sleep with him and I absolutely don't want a divorce."

April sat in silence as Paul mulled over her words. When he didn't reply, she finally said, "I'm going back to my parents to pick up the children. When do you want to see us?"

Almost exhausted, Paul said, "I can't let you drive back now. You're about as tired as I am so it's not safe. You can use the spare room since children need a father and a mother, preferably living harmoniously together in the same house. Tomorrow, we'll go and get the children together. We have a lot to talk about. and will have enough time in the car so we can do it tomorrow."

April felt a confusing mix of emotions. Anxiety, because that won't be an easy conversation and relief that she won't have to make another long drive back. She said, "I would like that. I'm indeed very tired. And hungry."

Paul, also hungry since his dinner preparations had been interrupted by the police, replied, "I can whip up something edible, I think."

A quick late-night supper took the form of an improvised salad niçoise with some toasted bread, causing April to tear-up. How on earth could I have let this happen? Why didn't I talk to him? When did I stop doing that? I managed to hurt my husband so badly with misunderstanding and subsequent behavior that he wants to divorce me. And even now he accepts me in his house.

Suddenly April had a shocking thought. Shit! He is divorcing me! How, for heaven's sake, do I change his mind about that?

Paul interrupted any further thought by saying, "You go to bed, I'll clean up. See you tomorrow."

April quaveringly asked, "I know I don't have the right to ask, but can I have a night kiss?"

Paul looked surprised, "April, why would you want one? For months you went to bed without even a word when I was at home. You ignored me, or you gave me the cold shoulder when I asked what was wrong. I had you served with divorce papers. Kissing you is not very high on my wish list at the moment you know."

April opened her mouth to tell him to say sorry and that she still loved him, but Paul held up his hand and she closed it again.

"No, April, we'll talk tomorrow. In the car. At this moment I'm too keyed up, too emotional, and too tired to have a decent conversation. It will result in a shouting match. Tomorrow, after a good night's rest, breakfast, and a good run, I'll be able to talk to you without blowing my top off. Now I'm going to have a stiff drink. You can join me if you want and we can talk about the children if you like."

Finally, she got the measure of anger Paul felt towards her. She looked at her hand with her wedding ring. Her eyes moistened. In a small voice she said, "Are you going to have that Dutch gin? If so, I'd like one too."

Over the next hour, April updated him on the kids, including the scolding she got on the way to the zoo. She left nothing out and finished with "If young adolescents are noticing my behavior towards you, it must be bad."

"It was. I'm knackered and I'm off to bed."

====

April walked into the empty kitchen and automatically poured herself a cup of coffee when she realized that coffee was ready and as usual, breakfast, oatmeal with soya milk, in the nukadore, the children's term for the microwave, ready to be heated. It was so normal that she almost choked.

Half an hour later, she was reading the newspaper when Paul arrived from his run. Unceremoniously he pulled off his sweaty running-shirt, dropped it in the hamper, and walked through the kitchen and into the hall.

April took a good look at him. The bruising on his torso was the first she noticed. She had an inkling as to why it was there. A second look showed her that his musculature was different too since she last saw him undressed. Paul had always been wiry. He had to be, as a runner, but now his muscles stood out as cords, not big but prominently visible.

However, it was when he peeled himself out of his runners-tights that she suddenly felt a familiar tingling in her loins. Shit, I haven't seen him, skin only, for months. My word, he is ripped. Look at him. Out loud she said, "I see you took up Tai Chi again?"

Paul looked at her and then at his body as if he noticed the bruising for the first time and replied "It was a mistake to drop it in the first place."

"You look good Paul, you've changed. I can see that."

Paul had a warily expression on his face and answered, "You don't have half an idea of how much I've changed, April."

There was silence for a moment while April took that statement in and Paul continued, "About changing, I'll take a shower and afterwards shall we take to the road?"

April nodded absently, still thinking about Paul's words and what to tell him in the car.

For practical reasons they decided to take Paul's car. They hadn't said a word more since their little interlude this morning and the decision to take the RAV4. The hybrid was bigger and way more comfortable for the drive to April's parents vice versa.

Once hitting the open road, Paul asked, "Why were you there at the police station yesterday? I asked your dad for a lawyer."

"Because I was the one that kicked Charles' balls into his larynx, pepper-sprayed him, and broke his nose. Only at the police station, your lawyer beat me to it with a statement from Heavy Aircargo Transports that you were at work at the time he claimed you beat him up."

April smiled at the memory of the groaning marriage wrecker. She was shaken out of her reverie by Paul's next question.

"You were going to take the brunt of his accusations?"

"The 'brunt' as you called it wouldn't be as bad as you might think. He tried to rape me and I defended myself. Between you and me, I might have provoked him a bit, but that doesn't show on the proof I have."

"And now? What are you going to do with it?"

April's answer came without hesitation, "I'm going to file a report for assault. Your lawyer has already agreed to represent me. That and everything my dad has collected on that son of a bitch is going to give him a very, very hard time."

Paul smiled grimly. "Couldn't happen to a nicer guy."

April breathed deeply and took the plunge, "Paul, what about us?"

"What do you mean, what about us?" Paul came back.

"I know I treated you badly, very badly. Then I became stupid and forgot how hard you worked on our marriage and for our family."

"Don't tell me. I was there, you know. But if you were so unhappy, why didn't you talk to me? Am I an unreasonable monster? I'm still wracking my brains on where I went wrong."

Tears sprung in April's eyes when she, half crying, exclaimed, "No, no! You didn't do anything wrong."

"Oh yeah, part of this mess is because I worked too long for too much. I, sometimes, could and should have refused my boss. My only excuse was that I knew that someone was leaving and I had a chance to take his place so I put in what it took to get the promotion." He paused for a moment before adding bitterly, "And that cost me my marriage."

"No. Please let me tell where I became truly stupid and derailed everything we had. Please Paul, I'm so very sorry for what I did. I know that it's not enough, but please let me explain?"