All Comments on 'April's Fool Pt. 04'

by Ahazura

Sort by:
  • 115 Comments (Page 2)
NudeInMaineNudeInMaineabout 1 year ago

Great series. And life goes on.

I sort of take exception to this line > “Within six months we were ready to go live with a new inventory management system.”

I worked in IT. Helped implement a new accounts receivable system. First you need to outline just what you want the new system to do. Research and select a vender, sign contracts. Bring it in-house, get it up and running on your computers. Then you modify it to your exacting standards. Test the system. Convert all your existing data to the new system. This whole process can take 1-2 years. Not six months. Probably even longer if you design and code it in-house.

Slick742Slick742about 1 year ago

Why do readers want to take these stories be be so technically perfect. Hell most of us don't care about that kind of accuracy. This his story his world. Great job... more please.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This story was done just too well. I was in tears, and I'm a guy-and have probably lived to long which may be why the last chapter hit me so hard.

Your characters were so real and engaging as could be any of us in real life; flaws and all.

Of all you've written so far this is your greatest work.

It would make a great movie. NOTE: I am not a big fan of the gay community given it's disgusting political behavior, however the polyarmory in this story was beautiful and loving.

I just flat out, without reservation, loved it.

[I printed out this story and have it with several others from LE as a growing anthology. It will never see other eyes but mine and I promise to destroy it before God calls for me.]

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago
The ending...

It was a bit much...

nestorb30nestorb307 months ago

ending brought a tear to my eye,... cough cough FOOTBALL

Well done, thanks for writing

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Really enjoyed it! Ending certainly brought an unexpected tear ~ but, negative commenters, back off! When it's "time to go", who wouldn't grab at this ending? Peaceful, calm, accepting, and yes, even a bit sappy, but if you were guaranteed this is how you would pass on, who wouldn't sign up for this. If I knew there wouldn't be any pain, sorrow, regrets or drama I'd sign up immediately! Nice story.

WisquejacWisquejac6 months ago

Always a favorite. Thanks.

Waldteufel61Waldteufel615 months ago

Loved this series

LifeisadventureLifeisadventure4 months ago

Enjoyed this well written series. 5 stars

LJ7352LJ73524 months ago

Five great big stars!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

That ending hit me in the feels. Great story. 5 stars. Whole series was really well done. Alcoholism sucks. Bet those assholes in prior chapter spiked her drinks.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great series. This chapter was at first a disappointment. -1 for the cancer arriving too soon. That was odd. Give them more overlap. Odd choice. -1 for the polyamory full bore with the two women fighting like kids the needs an extensive lesbian vacation to Europe. What the heck happened to hi and April being so in love? Then -1 for Bill becoming the CEO and April having nothing more to do with the company the rest of her life. Huh? But ... +10 for an amazing end. The play by play of his progeny. But the stunning final scene, which though schmaltzy is absolutely what we all hope for. However without that ending, this chapter was a serious decline feom the other three. Still 5 blazing stars.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Dunno about the incest… :/

dinotail2023dinotail2023about 2 months ago

Absolutely the best. I am a mean old man at 73, but my eyes got tears in them.

DukeofPaducahDukeofPaducahabout 1 month ago

This author incorporates more realistic elements than any other I have read on this site. The characters, situations and actions all ring true to me. Evocation of emotion was nothing short of masterly; the passing of April was particularly poignant and heart-rending.

The polygamist tack was straight-up naughty but still depicted believably. There was a reason Mormon pioneer

‘celestial wives’ maintained separate households. Before I comment on AngelRider’s view of it being a male fantasy, I’d like a consult with Brigham Young first. He had 33, way more than I believe to be paradise.

The issue of incestual relations between his children is more difficult to explain. The fact that Bill was cool with it makes me suspect he has had more than a few ayahuasca sessions.

I loved this whole series and applaud the author.

God said to Abraham, “Kill me a son.”

Abe said, “Man, you must be putting me on.”

God said, “No.” Abe said, “What?”

God said, “Abe, you can do what you want, but next time you see me coming, you better run.”

Abe said, “Where do you want this killing done?”

Out on highway 61. — Bob Dylan — Highway 61 revisited

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous