All Comments on 'April's Fool Pt. 04'

by Ahazura

Sort by:
  • 115 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
clearly some of your best work

this series as a whole, was really very enjoyable to read. I Had read other chapters previously, but reread from the beginning with this finally posting. I recommend this to all readers. The sappy ending makes a lot more sense that way.

Great work, well done! Thanks for this!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

So, did Brent get his beatdown from Chuckles? You brought that on suddenly about how widely known her ONS was. No mention of the fallout from Chuckles company or her father knowing his daughter is viewed as a slut in the corporate world.

And Chuckles quietly meekly walked away after getting fired.

You glossed over some potentially good material.

While good,it could have been great.

4

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Thoughts

I'm confused about Arthur and Sarah. First you strongly imply that they are a couple, then you say that you don't know. I realize that the two statements aren't COMPLETELY incompatible, but coupled with Sarah being the reason Arthur didn't settle down, it seems pretty obvious.

I agree with "what happened to Brent's beat down?" I don't even remember him being fired!

Sarah was the writer, Rachel the physical therapist, but in the Epilog you had Sarah opening another office and Rachel with another best seller. Oops!

I really don't think of myself as a plot guru, but you missed a chance for a neat twist. You wisely left out names at the beginning, although mentioning the drinking was a giveaway, and I correctly assumed that April had died and he married Beth. That's why you should have thrown a curve ball, had BETH be the one that died!

AhazuraAhazuraover 6 years agoAuthor
RE: Brent

I made the decision to leave Brent where he was, mainly because things moved so quick for Bill that he didn't have time to worry about Brent. By the time Bill had a chance to think about the petty insults Brent hurled, he had moved to a different place in his life where Brent didn't matter. I felt this was enough payback, Bill becoming successful and ignoring Brent.

Arthur and Sarah have a very complicated relationship and I deliberately left the ending vague because I might write something about those two later on down the road.

Whoops on the name switch in the epilogue .... sorry about that.

Originally I had Beth dying but as the story progressed I kept running into roadblocks. When I switched it to April dying the story flowed again.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 6 years ago
Loved the series up until this one...

If I were you, I would just delete Pt. 4 and stop while you're ahead. This story completely pulls away from the tale you had us following and jumps into a shallow fantasy world. Still, 1-3 are awesome!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "The R-rated Disney ending"

While I understand that threesomes aren't for everybody. they weren't lesbians they were bi.

And it wasn't a "cheating" honeymoon. You can't cheat on someone who gives his permission!

dc6370dc6370over 6 years ago
Thanks for finishing it.

I was really looking forward to the conclusion. I was curious which way you were going to go. Thanks for the read. 5*

rnebularrnebularover 6 years ago
Nice finish

Ahaz, always glad to see a new one from you, and this one didn't disappoint. I didn't attempt to rely on my memory from last year, so re-read the whole thing. The only change I would suggest would be to submit them all under the novel section maybe, but all together instead of split up.

The character emotions you explore in this final chapter is some of your best work yet, and can't wait to see your next work!

RNebular

Impo_64Impo_64over 6 years ago
A good story, just with one problem...

A good story, just with one problem...It took one and a half years to the ending to show up...that made me read the whole story again...So I'll be rating the whole story...This was a good story, well written but that is a rule for @Ahazura...4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great Story

When your Pt 04 showed up I decided to go read the previous 3 chapters and this story held together extremely well. Thanks for giving us such a wonderful tale.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 6 years ago
Well written bullshit that is kind of offensive

Not only is this chapter vastly different from the first three but the author uses the issue of cancer to make the reconciliation more palatable to readers

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
All's well that ends well.

They had options, they had choices, they made the best of the opportunities that life presented. Forgiveness is optional, success is intentional. He forgave, and they all succeeded.

I enjoy joy, and appreciated the happy ending. Cancer was the second worst thing to happen in April's life. Does anyone doubt she died with regret, and remorse? She suffered enough. Xavier, not near enough. With Bill's money the asshole should have experienced a beat down every anniversary of his raping April. Still, it was a good story.

Thank you for your time and talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
*

Harryin VA spot on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
So glad you finished it!

I've been waiting for this for a long time!

Not quite what I expected. Whereas the other chapters were quite realistic, this one ended more like a fairy tale. We should all have such happy, successful, productive lives. They certainly went through hell to get there.

RePhilRePhilover 6 years ago
No tears for the wife

I don't like feeling this way about the wife's death but Good Ridence !

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

HarryinVA is spot on! Terrible premise to get them back together, pathetic way to do t and completely offensive, THAT gave you 1*

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveover 6 years ago
Sorry, I disagree with Harry

It was pretty clear that he had gotten over his wife"a infidelity to make it work again. After all he is at the place where he is expecting her to announce a pregnancy. He wants children and she says she will be birthing a cancer instead ... The cancer is a tear jerker move but it fits in with the Romance origins of the tale. The story uses the tropes in predictable but entertaining ways. Thanks for the read

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Too Real

You made me cry.

Five Stars

JimC

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Would like to vote a 10

So damn good story from Pt.01 to Pt.04!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 6 years ago
That was a sweet story, Ahaz

A bit of a tear jerker, as the tag says, but you stuck with it and finished strong. Loved the poly angle, and it made this a very different story than the usual. It's been a while, don't be a stranger. Thanks for the story, Randi.

teedeedubteedeedubover 6 years ago
Wow

What a story. Just sounds too true,,,,,,,, thanks for sharing.......

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great story

Loved it....nothing else to say

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 6 years ago
Excellently Different

A good romantic story with some different things to think about within the storyline. Quite well told. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Life usually does not fit into a neat 4X4 box

Life usually does not fit into a neat 4X4 box. I like this story. It was real with flawed people who tried to better themselves and failed once in awhile like we do in real life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great story ,the ending was a great tear jerker

Part 4 was a heart breaker, you gave April cancer and made it a 3 way coupling .i think you lost your way here. A bit of a fairy tale solution. The ending was hard reading.

grriz1grriz1over 6 years ago
Tear jersey, he'll ya.

I really enjoyed this story. It was hard to fight back the tears in the end. This was well written.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 6 years ago
No sense of mystery.

The author has a bad habit of spoiling the chapter in the first few paragraphs, it removes a lot of the dramatic tension, in some misguided attempt to create a narrative frame. He did the same thing in the previous chapters.

Which I think is a mistake, the story would be better if those bits were edited out.

waifwaifover 6 years ago
Loved It

I guess people always have to nitpick any story, but I loved it. It was tender, sentimental, uplifting, and heartbreaking.

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
blah

another gutless putz accepted cheating. died a selfish, morally bankrupt cunt . shame real life don't do that for you every time

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5!! hehehehe Annony tells us he hates thisstory and yet it's

chapter 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If he hates it wtf does he keep read it? Annony is just an old fat ugly fag fool who is insane!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Meh

I really liked the first chapter and then in my opinion it seemed to become predictable and mediocre. It seems Bill had little to no self esteem and self respect. He allowed April to do whatever she wanted, crossing red line after red line, and after talking big always took her back.

The whole adding Beth thing was completely unnecessary and took away from the story. When you get married you have this little promise of forsaking all others. Only in Fantasyland does jealousy not happen or it gets worked out.

And the description of the kids lives in the epilogue seems to focus more on how "out there" can I get them than anything.

Whatever. I didn't care much for the path the story took, but that's just my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
epilogue

Way over the top

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent.

Well conceived; well written. Touching.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wonderful story

A excellent story with love sadness joy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

made this grumpy old man tear up

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

That was fantastic, thank you!

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
April's "Selfishness"

The story alludes several times that April was selfish, "into herself". I saw no signs of that at all from the start. First, she completely gets involved and is open to a geeky, average looking, working guy who had confidence issues. Then is humble enough to get herself cleaned up after he breaks up with her so she can be "worthy" to be with him. She was also a great friend to Beth and saw that she showed respect to everyone. She was also always there for both of them completely. Is it simply the myth that if you're rich you're automatically self-involved and selfish (like the author portrays her "peers")? I owned a very successful financial firm and dealt with very wealthy clients for the most of them and early on I dealt with some that could barely scrape together $2,500. I can tell you that by far the wealthier clients were kinder, more respectful, considerate of not wasting my time, professional. Wealthier people (especially those that made their own money) are usually highly educated and highly intelligent. Those people tend to see the bigger picture and are more humane.

April's main problem was that she had a problem with alcohol. I've never had an addiction (barely drink and only smoked pot a few times in college), but I can understand that it's a disease. She overcame that disease for the love of the man who even average women didn't consider "a catch".

Finally, her putting the company ahead of her husband. Bill was late to a date with April for 2.5 hours because he had to take care of something at work. This was for a company he simply worked for. April was the CEO and she had the well being of the company and the income of a multitude of workers on her shoulders. And yes, I am friends with female executives, and they all say they have to constantly prove themselves amongst men in the workforce. These are not whiny women, but highly capable and intelligent and all of them feel that way. If you a high executive position, like the CEO of a company or the president of the county, then sorry that's a huge committment and responsibility. If you cannot do that then you shouldn't take on that position.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Oh Brother!!!!

Part 4 a comic book finish. Crack me up how readers love MFF stories but not MFM stories. Should have kept it Bill and April only. What a JOKE this part was.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Poignant little tale

A poignant, sad and strangely uplifting tale. Sharp dialogue and empathetic characters make for a worth while read.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Tears

Great story but the ending made me cry

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A reply th the assinine comment from Anonymous 07/03/18

OK... so their preference wasn't the same as yours.... but keep in mind that not all men have a hankering to suck another man's dick or have their dick sucked by a man when there's a perfectly good woman's pussy and mouth available. You'll just have to accept that there's more of us and only so many like you.

Great story.... ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The only thing left unfinished was Brent's last beating. That dumb bastard was in dire need of an extended refresher course of intense tutoring in the value of showing respect, when it affects his health and physical well being.

ian0452ian0452over 5 years ago
a great story

What a truly great story I thoroughly enjoyed it one of the best i have readl

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Tried too hard for the story book ending

The three of them together was just over-the-top nonsense. Her Father giving him the Company was garbage. What a train wreck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Proving once again

Whether in these stories or real life, if you have wealth you can do whatever the fuck you want in this life

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Great

story. Choked me up and I can't remember the last time that happened. I choose to ignore the pointless incest mention. WTF was that about? Turd in the punchbowl. Other that that, helluva' story.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Proving once again?

The comments proving once again anon comments should be disallowed so we can be more personal about it when we explain to them why they are a dumbass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Dramatic and exciting!

I particularly enjoyed the depth of your plot, all the while keeping a not-too-tight tension. Will she? Won't he? I appreciate the effort you took to develop the depth of the two major characters, too.

I like to mull over an author's offering and try to place myself into key decision points of the story and wonder what path I'd take. That's not too possible with many stories here, but with the meaty ones is sure is. Nicely done!! Many thanks.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 5 years ago
great

Simply great, thanks for writing.

steeltiger01steeltiger01about 5 years ago

Damn, that was beautiful. Thank you for a great story, and for making me proud of my hometown.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Very good

Not my usual, but extremely well written story. Glad I found it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Quite a Saga

What a beautiful story, so well developed. How can there be adverse comments?! The story flows so beautifully and is so realistic. Easily five stars - for all the parts!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Quite good, except

For the threesome. The idea that such a relationship can be sustained is bull and deep down everyone knows that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

A shame this story was ruined with a downer near the end, if the page or two of April dying got edited out it would have been a good story.

Such a shame, the crap at the end about them meeting up in heaven or something doesn't make of for it, maybe it would for a Christian, it didn't for me.

RanDog025RanDog025over 4 years ago
A STORY WORTH 10 STARS!

AN EXCELLENT STORY. COULD HAVE DONE WITHOUT ALL THE DEATH BUT IT WAS A GOOD FLOW AND WELL WRITTEN. THANK YOU!

Raleighman53Raleighman53over 4 years ago
Powerful

Please keep writing.One of the best I've read.

ashninjaashninjaover 4 years ago
Not expecting that

Was not expecting i would cry at the end, beautiful story all the way through. Sad yet happy ending, 5 star for sure!

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxabout 4 years ago
Mighty Powerful Story

I usually don't comment on very many stories but this one hit a very fond memory. Not the story about the trials and tribulations between Bill and April but the threesome that has been intertwined through out the story. I know that it really didn't pop up until the last Part but it was always there smoldering under the surface.

An Anon mentioned that a threesome would be impossible to last for very long but I beg to differ. One of my best male friends from Middle school and a set of twin girls that lived down the lane from me and my buddy were pretty much inseparable thru High School. I went off to College and the three Amigos all went into the military together. They of course got separated for the duration but keep in close contact with each other. The three had dated each other thru High School (Many times a threesome date). Whenever they had leave time coming they tried to all get together.

After they served their military commitment they used the GI Bill to go to College together. ALWAYS TOGETHER.

They all got decent jobs after graduating. They are all three still together. Now they own and live on a ranch where they raise high quality alfalfa for dairy cows and raise several hundred organically feed Angus cows plus several dozen head of quarter horses. Male friend married one of the twins but they all share everything. Both women have had several kids, one sister had 5 and the other had 3. They are still together after 46 yrs. married. I see them at least 6 times a yr. I was at the wedding in 1976. The entire span of me knowing these three lovers goes from 1957 through now 2020. So it CAN work. Thank you so much for the fond memories. KUDOS on a GREAT Story!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Really liked this story

Only real complaint is epilogue probably a tad overlong. Good to see a rundown of life as it progressed , or the scene that so touchingly ends all their lives on earth. But both was too much. Like the farewell scenes in Lord of the rings , or the intro scenes to the first star trek movie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Loved this story

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Absolutely one of the best stories I've read on this site...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Tough read

Alcoholic wife that recovers (if there is ever such a thing as recovery) and then the cancer. Hit too close to home. Well written but hit too close. RIP my sweet Laura.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Too much. Erotic coupling incest,and mental illness.

I may be alone but you tried to cover too much.

jtwheels

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Helluva tale

A real masterpiece...except for that little turdlet of incest you inserted for no apparent fucking reason. Real tearjerker.

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaover 3 years ago
Best story ever...

This has got to be one of the best stories I've ever read here. I can find no real fault except a few minor screw ups. The characters were marvelously built up. The storyline was very good and the ending was a real tear jerker. I wish I could give you more than a 5 star.... Thank you for a well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Uhhhg

God I hate endings like this, they make me sad and happy at the same time. As much as I hate them, I also love them. Was a great adventure you took us on.

ErotFanErotFanover 3 years ago
A fitting ending to a well spun tale

Ahaz had a great idea and milked it well. Five stars for each chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Cuck Cuck Cuck ....

SHIT!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You know , don’t you , that you’re not supposed to make a grown man cry ? I would normally have stopped reading when it became too melancholy for my comfort zone , but I was too enrapt by the story , too caught up in the characters, too interested in the plot to stop reading , the intense sadness had me weeping like a willow . What a gifted writer you are ! Gotta go I’m outta tissues lol 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Just....wow.... Thank you for such genuine and believable characters. I normally eschew any polyamory stories, this flowed so naturally that it just made sense. Having been through the cancer battle beside my wife, you’ve rendered me useless for the rest of the day.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thank you. It was a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Amazing story and really well written. What a great plot and masterfully laid out. Enjoyed all four parts and all were 5*s. Thank you for an exceptional story.

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Very

A very good well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Did you ever notice how many of these stories are about rich people? I mean REALLY rich people. I suppose it frees the author up to take us to fantastic places and for his/her characters to do fantastic things. Makes it easier to write about. Or maybe it'd because what happens to rich people is so much more important than what happens to the rest of us. Cheating when you are poor is so dull and shallow and tawdry, but when one is rich it is flash and deep and glitzy. More hangs in the balance: Who will get the summer place, who will get the Ferrari? If you ever go to a public playground on the weekend --especially in a park -- look for the part-time dads and try to imagine what THEIR story is.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Story is very good.

Some grammer is very poor: you use objective pronouns such as I, we, he, she, they after prepositions instead of using subjective pronouns such as me, us, her, him, them.

To me, that is being uneducated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A really well developed story.......ignore the grammar police it was eminently readable. I understand it takes a lot to write a longer story as opposed to these flash snippets, but, you have shown you have the talent for it and it allows your audience to become immersed in the story....keep it up.

xhristianjxhristianjover 2 years ago

Such a beautiful love story and unlike typical cheating, revenge, cuckold stories this one doesn't sacrifice the narrative whereby April is an innocent victim no matter what she does. And her husband doesn't sacrifice his masculinity, morals, or self-respect to fight for the woman he loves while staying true to his own sense of justice. I think the key to this story's success was a balanced narrative you were presented with both characters confronting real issues and ultimately overcoming them together.....wait what's that called on yeah a marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

People are crazy. This was basically a 6 page lit story that is bloated to 4 chapters. It's awful. Starsong77

e5jerseye5jerseyover 2 years ago

Really well done. Thoroughly enjoyed the story and the well rounded characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

wish I never read it. now I am going to go cut my wrists...thanks for the downer

sdthundersdthunderover 2 years ago

It was an emotional rollercoaster for sure, maybe could have been a little trimmed down, but not sure the character development would have happened properly, thanks for sharing!

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

4 stars - It is just missing something and I can't quite put my finger on it.

It may be because the husband character was too easy going, except when push came to shove.

Nice guys always finish last and we all know that.

OR

It could just be that Beth took way too long to finally take control of her life.

OR

It could be that the husband took April back after her infidelity - waaay to easily and without enough grovelling.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 2 years ago

+1 to previous comment.

There is enough actual sadness in the world. No need imagine more.

ribnitinribnitinover 2 years ago

Got too sappy and contrived.

Something I'm not clear on. Did two of the half siblings become a couple? That is unacceptable and if so the story belongs in the incest category. Maybe I understood it wrongly.

Frank66Frank66about 2 years ago

Good story, interesting all the way thru 4 chapters, but how come April could remember most of what happened on her other drunken sprees, but go totally blank on the cheating? It smacks of drugs being used, but there was no mention or thought of it.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 2 years ago

I hate crying, really skipped to much on the last page!

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 2 years ago

Bill *so* should have dealt with Brent...

He was wealthy... even if he wasn't inclined to beat him or have him beaten, he could have kept a PI on retainer to dig up anything and everything dirty about him and hand it out to whoever would make the most use of it...

Xavier could have used another beating too... maybe something to cause a bit of pain if he tries to smirk...

What irked me most about April was "peer pressure"...? Really...? She's a freaking CEO and buckles under peer pressure to drink...? What is she, fifteen...?

MikodaMikodaabout 2 years ago

Another story about a pathetic weak human with male genitalia. Fits right in with all the other crap on this site.

servant111servant111about 2 years ago

Absolutely loved this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a wonderful set of 4 stories. You should be proud of the legacy of what you wrote 6 years ago still being read and appreciated. Of course 5 stars.

marshamaymarshamayalmost 2 years ago

Great, flushed out my tear ducts several times. Thank you .

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

Men and their silly little fantasies about two women. It's so ridiculous

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Got better as it went along but I have to agree with Angelrider about men and their silly fantasies of two women. No reason that the MC and Beth couldn't get together after April died. <SMH>

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

I generally dislike poly stories but this one worked.

JackDancerJackDancerover 1 year ago

What an incredible love story... and just right to be feature-length. Wow.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 1 year ago

Loved it. The story overall was 5-stars.

In Pt. 3 when April said she couldn't remember anything after the second drink I wondered if a date rape drug was used but the author never went there. I did take 1-star away for Pt. 3 because cancer is a real kick in the nuts.

The one thing that didn't fit was his talking about his time in the sand as a young man in the sand pit. Then as an old man of 82 in the Epilogue one of his daughters is a therapist and is treating a guy that lost his foot in Iraq. That war dragged on for a long time but not that long.

Still, it's a fantastic story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderfully done.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

I ony read part 4, this one, but it was an excellent read. thank you.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 year ago

I have yet to read a poly story on here that isn't ridiculous and patriarchal

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 year ago

I said before it worked and it does as poly goes but it's too male. I don't know how else to describe it.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous