All Comments on 'Aprons For Gayle Ch. 14'

by Addicted2Writing

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
Shysub412Shysub412almost 10 years ago
Yippeee

You made my morning! Another excellent chapter and the plot thickens, leaving me desperate for more.

The humour between Gayle and Hamish continues to make me laugh out loud, the sexual tension,well continues to do what it does and now with the introduction of the beautiful wicked witch the storyline opens up to another dimension.

I half hope to see Bri at Gayle's mercy in the dungeon and Gayle discovering her Dominant side, protecting Hamish. I've obviously come a long way in my opinions of Hamish, as at the start it was him i wanted to see locked up in a Dungeon!!

Well done as always and 5 stars

mel_pomenemel_pomenealmost 10 years ago
Good to have you back writing again!

A great story, one that just keeps on getting better and better. Thank you - five stars.

MaynessMaynessalmost 10 years ago

Great chapter, I am happy that your creative mojo is back. Really good read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
yes

another great ch this keeps getting better please more I will be looking

Kaffeine1Kaffeine1almost 10 years ago

"...here she was – creaking the door open inch by inch every single day" LOVE IT!

FindmywayFindmywayalmost 10 years ago
Yay!!!

Sorry, I woke up yesterday morning to find this lovely story! Apologies for not posting comments sooner...but that thing called work got in the way. UGH!

I love this story and I'm thrilled you found your mojo to continue. There are so many directions this story could go. I'm a sucker for HEA...in the beginning I was wanted Hamish to just go away - but I love the glimpses of his personality that are beginning to shine through...but Gayle is giving in way to easily! Make the old bugger work for it...she has given up everything and he needs to earn her trust and heart.....

Don't get me wrong - I would prefer that they wind up together (fingers crossed that's the direction you are going) but while they have each have had their own personal struggles- things seem a bit to easy for Hamish - I would love for him to have a bit of competition or recognition for what she brings to the table other than hot sex.

I need more info on why he needs a wife and what's wrong with an American wife...I ask this question in one of your earlier chapters - why did he need to go to the states....I need a bit of clarity on Hamish. You've given us a great deal on Gayle but little on Hamish.

Please don't take these thoughts as criticism - I am so invested in this story...it's just inquiring minds want to know.....

5 stars

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlalmost 10 years ago
i keep lovin' it!

hey @A2W - i keep loving this story and i really like this new character, Bri. i mean, i don't like her at all, but i love that you introduced her to the mix :-)

one thing though - she's presented as a golddigger for wanting Hamish just for his money, but in fact he's at fault of that sin just the same... after all isn't he looking for a wife just to get his inheritence? i don't see how he has the moral high ground in that sense.

of course she's a total bitch regardless of being after his money, while he can actually be nice when he puts his mind to it... :-P

looking forward to see where this story goes next.

Addicted2WritingAddicted2Writingalmost 10 years agoAuthor
all your comments made me smile

@ STG: You have given me a brilliant idea!!! Very good points you made, and they WILL be used! :-) Thanks, hun.

@Findmyway: It never crossed my mind that Gayle is giving in too easily! Good point, and I will use it! There are some things coming up for Gayle, too, and Hamish will notice her independence and who she is.

I'm just starting to have Gayle get her own out-of-the-house adventures, but not sure if I want her to like a man or not. Too many complications. But it will be considered. I already have the end written in my head, but not sure if you'll like it! *evil grin*

OKAY, fair enough on why Hamish hired an American. He didn't do it to fall in love with her (and he might/might not). He IS looking for a Scottish woman to retain his inheritance. Being a bachelor, you can imagine he needs a woman to keep his home clean. I can't tell you WHY he chose and American, but I can tell you that's just what the co-writer (at the time) and I had envisioned from the start.

And no criticism taken. I appreciate any thoughts because some I hadn't even thought of that I can cover or issues I need to reiterate on.

@mel_pomme & Mayness: Me too! I was very discouraged, but I've got it all back in my head and working really hard, doing a little bit each day. And sorry, dear, but no Bri and playing with her or Gayle discovering her Domme side, except … *evil grin*

@Anon: Thank you!

@Kaffeine1: Yep, creaking the door open, but what's on the other side?

Kaffeine1Kaffeine1almost 10 years ago

I can't get this off my mind- please please don't refer to anything to do with the leading man as... miniscule! His poor miniscule biceps! I'm trying really hard to build back the vision I had of Hamish before that line (I see him as Kevin McKidd!).

Addicted2WritingAddicted2Writingalmost 10 years agoAuthor
@Kaffeine1

I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to de-hunk Hamish! But in all fairness, Hamish was referring to his own miniscule muscles because they weren't showing as quickly as he'd like. Don't worry, I'll have muscles on him in no time! lol

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I really like

How you care enough for your readers to not leave them hanging too long before posting another chapter. Totally over some of the other writers who keep their readers dangling like fish for the next episode just because they can. Even worse are writers like xelliebabe who leave 4 or 5 unfinished stories for months at a time - wondering if its more of a power trip. Anyway 5 stars for you ATW.

Addicted2WritingAddicted2Writingalmost 10 years agoAuthor
@Anon:

I'm happy you like Aprons.

I agree with you that it can be frustrating as a reader that some writers do leave a month or more between chapters (or never finish-I'm guilty of that one) and it sucks, but you have to remember that sometimes life happens and the authors have to put their work aside. OR, in my case, lose inspiration to write. OR worse ...

Re: having 4-5 stories that take too long to update -- I can relate to that. We can get so many storylines in our head that when we post, we bounce from story to story and sometimes just run out of steam. That was a hard lesson for me to learn, but I already have another one that I will not post until Aprons is done.

I'm not chewing you out, just hoping you understand what us authors go through.

Thanks for the vote and comment!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Chapter 15?

When will we get to read chapter 15?

Addicted2WritingAddicted2Writingalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Chapter 15

To anon: I have a 'short' chapter to be posted this weekend, and it will be out by mid-week. I am going out of town next week and have very limited internet access, and although it's short (11 pages), I wanted to make sure I sent something out. That way, i can work on it during the week and send an extra-long chapter when I return!

Thanks for checking up on me!

jeannie

Addicted2WritingAddicted2Writingalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Chap 15

Hi, guys. Chapter 15 was submitted yesterday, so it should be up Tuesday morning. I know it's short, but it's a moment of tension between the two and exactly what is happening between them. Of course Hamish wins out, but <I>does</I> he?

Everyone have a fun and safe Fourth of July!!!

jean

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous