All Comments on 'Are You For Real?'

by Dalton402

Sort by:
  • 86 Comments
TajfaTajfa8 months ago

I don't know how the child would contract the disease? Apart from that it was ok

c24jc24j8 months ago

Was she (or her affair partner) having sex with her child? This is a really sick story!

kencorokencoro8 months ago

From WHO site:

→Type 1 (HSV-1) mostly spreads by oral contact and causes infections in or around the mouth (oral herpes or cold sores). It can also cause genital herpes. Most adults are infected with HSV-1.

→Type 2 (HSV-2) spreads by sexual contact and causes genital herpes.

Question;

What the fuck?!11!

Daggy1965Daggy19658 months ago

It can be transmitted on a toilet seat. Extremely rare but it happens

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit8 months ago

The crazy part is accusing him of controlling her life. Rebuilding trust starts with proving there are no secrets. If she’s unwilling to be transparent, what else is she hiding? Why would anyone want a spouse who isn’t bright enough to get a 2nd phone?

someoneothersomeoneother8 months ago

How could Charlie have acquired herpes as he had no sexual contact with mother presumably?

Why did husband go through all the snooping when there was already sufficient evidence of infidelity, and, in any event, he could divorce without proof? How could husband afford all the investigations -- are they that rich?

Seems like a silly story without any relationship to anything real.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good story, particularly as HSV-2 can be transmitted via a toilet seat, or infected linen, The child could have used the same towel as his mother and caught it.

She deserves to live a life under the watchful eye of her husband.

sloggerslogger8 months ago

Ah yes, the gift that keeps on giving.

Just_WordsJust_Words8 months ago

Yep! She's toast. Of course, I doubt anyone with the brazen intent to cheat will submit that easily. She would defy and deny. It's better this way. No more time wasted on her.

Jetcrash747Jetcrash7478 months ago

HSV-1&2 are transmitted sexual you don’t get them from anything except an infected person. Toliet seats and cloth are not spreaders the virus requires a warm body, not a cold seat.

phill1cphill1c8 months ago

"you're controlling my life..."

Herpes or no, fuck that!

He's kinda a righteous prick. It's kinda late, anyway.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice8 months ago

Good quick read. You put all the important stuff in and didn't drag it out.

BTW, Jetcrash is correct that HSV are spread by direct contact only, which makes transmission to a child unlikely. However, unlikely is not the same as impossible. If the child had an open cut and mom had not washed thoroughly after a bathroom break and was touching the child's cut, such as during bandaging, transmission could occur...still VERY unlikely, but the possibility remains, so the story stands.

MattblackUKMattblackUK8 months ago

I heard of a case of an STI been passed from a parent to a child on a towel, so yeah, it's possible. A sad, 5* story.

deependerdeepender8 months ago

Let that be a lesson to you.

SomeguyinsjSomeguyinsj8 months ago

Mediocre. Pretty sure she wasn't having sex with her son, so there's really no way he's getting sores on his willy... That's not how things work.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Dr beulahthemick; Perhaps you could explain just how their child would contract Herpes, the father, simple, the boy, no.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I don't know if the son could have gotten the sti but if he did that whore best start running and keep running.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu8 months ago

despicable person this Kelly is.

thanks for this short story wirter Dalton402.

I didn't know herpes is incurable and is for life.

geezzz...

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Someone who definitely doesn't understand how herpes is spread.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago
C24j and tajfa

A quick Google search gives you the answer. You can get it from kissing, skin to skin contact. Low chances without symptoms extremely high if there are cold sores. So no sex needed for transmission, unless you consider a mother touching or kissing her son sex. Being as young as the kid was the mother probably helps him while taking a bath or shower.

PondLife2023PondLife20238 months ago

Definitely a BTB with “Extreme Prejudice”!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

How did the child get Herpes? Takes any credibility away from the story

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

How would the child have the STI? You don't get HSV-2 from casual contact -- only through genital sex, anal sex, or oral sex.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Seriously, air borne sti herbes never heard of the type

2** for involving a child

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Jesus. You need help.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Tragic ending. Typical LW stupid and selfish wife. Always amazed at how “amazed” such wives are when the hubbies tell them it’s over.

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Why even suggest to stay married? Why at all when she acts like its no big deal?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Oh no! My wife got it. Claims it had to have been from a toliet seat

SeeingEyeSeeingEye8 months ago

A parent can pass herpes to a child through kissing, sharing cups or utensils, sharing washcloths or towels, or by touching a cold sore before it is healed. So yes, she could pass it on to. Charlie.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This is dumb. The kid ended up with herpes. This writer an some commenters know fuck-all about herpes it seems

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Very sad story that a young child has to go thru life with an sti that affects their entire being

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Burning the bitch would be an understatement if my wife was that stupid. Good, short story.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc8 months ago

Herpes can NOT be passed through incidental contact. If here are open sores in an infected person’s mouth and they French kiss someone, then yes. Peck on the cheek or motherly kiss, no. Decent short but I would have done a different angle on the kid. 3.8*

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

That last sentence is right up there with getting pregnant from swimming with males or catching the clap from a toilet seat. Dumb. Ruined the entire story.

RePhilRePhil8 months ago

Dangerous territory bringing the kid into it. So the old man doesn’t think the kids health is worth shit by keeping the wife. Child Protective services should be called on both of them. It’s best to leave kids involvement to a minimum in these stories it never pans out on the positive side.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

HPV might be spread by a towel, but not HSV2. Given the nature of the virus, it generally requires skin contact between genital areas. There might be a slim chance of oral/genital transmission, but it's not clear that it's possible.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

So, she's surprise the guy who gave her herpes is fucking other women?

.

Oh, and he really needed more than "seriously" when she accused him of cheating.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A cuck husband ready to stay with a slut infected and infectious wife ? Really ? Not to speak about the useless checking the deleted lover number on her phone and the required continuous monitoring of her doing forever: how much idiot can be a husband, reacting this ridiculous way ?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Didn't like this one. 2 Stars.

.

What is point of all the evidence gathering if all that is going to happen monitoring that she is now aware of?

.

Kid can not get herpes from proximity.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny8 months ago

Why would there even be a question that he would keep her diseased carcass?

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

Good until the end. Don’t think the kid could catch herpes unless she had it when he was born. Another one not finished. How could he even think about staying with this nasty, literally, cheating bitch.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

OK, so mom can spread hsv-2 to her son by a few, really obscure means. However, so unlikely as to be unrealistic. An interesting short story but, again so obscure as to be unrealistic. Of course, there's fiction but it's like saying she got impregnated by an alien! Really???

mazk1098mazk10988 months ago

I'd say it's a pure BTB, but unfortunately this time everyone was burned 😭

bobareenobobareeno8 months ago

The dreaded spotty willy. He’ll need it removed, of course.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Point taken off by not only the shortness of the story but the medical incorrect statement. You can’t get most if not all STD’s by touching someone’s hand. It’s not the flu of Covid. 3 stars. Bob

KittyCampbellKittyCampbell8 months ago

The ending is just plain ignorance

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

If nothing else, this story did a good job of exposing all of the armchair doctors who don't really know how Herpes can be spread and spouted their ignorance at the writer...

KRD19254KRD192548 months ago

My gosh the ignorance of the commenters; herpes can get transmitted to any person baby to grandpa and does NOT mean a sexual act, think open cuts, eyes, nose and mouth that can be touched by an infected person. Like a mother kissing a boo-boo or wiping a child's nose/eyes. Good story of awareness.

\

Looks like she will be kicked to the curb for some excitement.

\

5***** Hooyah, Salutes....

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

what is happening... free spotty willy !!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Not a great story. I was first put off by husband referring to call content from his wife's phone. I'm not particularly cell phone savvy but I know call contents aren't recorded on cell phones unless specifically set up to do so. Husband should have been referring to text messages. Also, there are so many other ways of staying in contact with shithead other than using her personal cell phone. Monitoring her cell phone would prove nothing.

A Google search tells me that HSV1 is much more contagious than HSV2. HSV2 is primarily transmitted through sexual contact.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I think you made a huge error in judgement with the last sentence. Poor form on you we don’t want to read about bad things happening to children. KS

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

As others have stated, several STD’s ( or ski’s )really need sex or volume of blood to really be transmitted. But others are readily transmitted through more casual contact and even the first batch gets through on occasion. I see comments about a condo for STD’s but the same people engaging in oral sex. Just stupid

WargamerWargamer8 months ago

Loved the ending, oh well, l hope the excitement was worth her family and friends.

What a stupid woman.

4/5

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Was going to give it a try but the last sentence I changed it to a 4

What a worthless wife now

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

He knows she can't be trusted so why does he leave it up to her to follow his demands?

MightyHornyMightyHorny7 months ago

... Bof.

Not really sure a child can get herpes merely for being around someone who has it (unless that person is continuously kissing the kid on the mouth... 🤢🤮)

But, regardless of that, this story would still get a low score from me for the MC not testing his son immediately after confirming his own STI, and for him even discussing reconciliation with his faithless wife.

I'm a simple city boy: if you're trying to find ways to stay with someone disgusting to give you a disease, I can't respect you in any way, shape or form.

On to the next one...

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Husband is a complete idiot to even consider staying with the cheating skank whore. Bitch slap her and toss her to the curb.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Hmm means someone, the guy that stayed over?

Had sexual contact with the kid.

Kissing or sex with penis.

lAnatomistelAnatomiste6 months ago

MightyHorny is right. The disease can NOT be transmitted by proximity; it requires direct physical contact, which means that Charlie has been molested. And not just kissing on the mouth.

BTB is nowhere near enough.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Clinically. How does a child get herpes on his dick without physical contact with herpes site. Mother sucking her son’s cock or fucking him. Under age incest is the climax of your story.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter5 months ago

Do your research! It appears in this story that the author believes that the son can get herpes by being with his mother in a non-sexual way. Not likely! It made the story a fail in my view.

bhill8671bhill86715 months ago
Poor research

Poor story, minus 100 stars.

IndyOnIndyOn5 months ago

First what is STI? In the US it is an STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) Second Herpes Simplex II can only be transmitted through direct sexual contact....i.e.; penis in vagina or penis in butt and I highly doubt that a six year old can achieve an erection to complete this task. Your story should have been under fantasy! You do get a *2* for effort. Just so you know Herpes Simplex I is also known as a cold sore on the lips of your mouth. Herpes Simplex II is on the penis or vagina or ass hole.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

How did anyone rate this above 1? The story sucks

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

@IndyOn

STI = Sexually Transmitted Infection

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Too bad about Charlie, the slut is gone.

Chimo1961Chimo19614 months ago

So the boyfriend fucked her son? You need the police.

shadrachtshadracht4 months ago

Pretty weak and rushed. Also, the vector for Charlie to have open sores on his genitals is disturbing and you need to research how it actually works. The wife makes no sense and during the same conversation is already pushing back on him, but she desperately wants to stay married? 2*

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

To Dalton; there is a very strong case for you to pull this submission and fix up all the misinformation and improve the work as a whole. But hey it's your call.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

How sad

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Here's where we need a Demander Hero. A 30-30 from a distance would be a fitting ending for the cheaters.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Just no.

JR

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The fact the rating on this is above 1* is a tribute to the absolute stupidity and misogyny of readers on this site. I agree this should have been pulled. It deserves negative *s.

nixroxnixrox2 months ago

1 star - when you involve children in these stories, you cross the line and it should be automatically deleted

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Well, that's that for stupid mommy, although I don;t think you can catch herpes that easy.

eimages911eimages911about 1 month ago

Horatio with the bf and kissed her son QED

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

eimages911about 22 hours ago

Horatio with the bf and kissed her son QED

Ah, no. Oral to oral. Genital only oral to genital.

Dumb story

fishgetterfishgetterabout 1 month ago

'F I C T I O N !!!!', As in NOT real. The writer has made his own dimension, and we are mere visitors. ;). It could be called 'The twilight zone' but it can be more bazaar than fact. too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I understand the way it was written, with the son getting Herpes, is a far reach, but I believe the author is trying to make the reader see and feel the immorality of her actions. Getting Herpes from giving a blow job and then kissing another is one way transmission can be effected, the 'Blower' being the vector. The fact that Herpes is easily transmitted is why one should never kiss while any 'fever blisters' are active, at all. The way she tried to remain innocent and say he cheated would be a marriage ender anyways.

AnonymousAnonymous30 days ago

His Fiction, his world. Get over it don't read if you are that picky, thin skinned. I posted another answer and it has faded away. Guess posting as a anon will work?

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

The boy does not have HSV-2. NO way to contract short of kissing or gentian contact.

That aside, if the boy really had it, she should get life in prison. She, literally, murdered his life and future.

Good luck with GF or a family.

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

Well she ended her life, her husbands, and her sons. For a little excitement. Hmmm, I wonder if her "life" is exciting enough now?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDalton402@Dalton402
I have a weakness for happy endings. When people face the worst, no matter how bad it is, I like people seeing come out better people for it. Remember what I write is fiction, it doesn't always have to make sense.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES