Artist

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As he watched, his hand came up to cover his mouth in amazement. When she finished he looked between the screen and her. "Oh my God...," he breathed. "Rieka... those are... immaculate. Of course he loved them. How could he not?"

Rieka shrugged, her eyes still showing her confusion, "I don't know... just...," she trailed off. "We're looking at two to three months per resort. Am I going to need to do concept art for each different resort or does he just want me to paint the things?" She held up a hand, "No, all of my art is unique, if you want a cookie-cutter poster, you're looking at the wrong girl."

James shook his head vehemently. "No cookie cutter. And I seriously doubt he will need to see concept art after this, but I'll check. I just...," he trailed off, his eyes wide. "Jesus, Rieka... You showed me 'talented' at the house, and I've seen your other work. But this...," he breathed. "'Talented' doesn't even begin to cover this..."

"Thank you, Master James," she smiled at him, biting her lip. "So... I guess tomorrow I shop, then Wednesday I start painting in earnest." She carefully disconnected her tablet and started planning her next several weeks as she followed James from the conference room. "Will Mr. Harrison want to see the finished product before it's hung up or just a walk-through? Progress pictures or periodic visits?" She asked quietly as they walked back to James's office. "I'm used to having to provide progress pictures."

James chuckled, "Yes, but you've never dealt with Kody Harrison before. He won't need progress pictures. He will probably visit the property periodically, as much to see how it is coming for you as to check on his other employees. He's decided to use you for this work and he's put me in charge of you. That puts it out of his hands and lets him focus on oversight and a fifty thousand foot view."

"Alright then," she murmured, "I just hope he doesn't get upset when he sees my painting wear." Her nose crinkled slightly. "So, what do you think the lovely Lilan is making for dinner?"

"I believe he is making lobster Étouffée. Have you ever had it?" he asked.

"No, but it sounds fantastic." She responded with a happy giggle, "Of course everything he has cooked has been fantastic."

James smiled proudly. "Indeed. I have no idea how he managed to learn so well, but in the last ten years we've been together, I feel like I live in a gourmet five-star bed and breakfast... and dinner."

"Lucky duck," she responded with a giggle, "I'm just glad you agreed to him sharing recipes with me, Master James. It's been wonderful. I still can't believe how well those brookies turned out."

He smirked and patted his stomach which, while certainly not fat, was not nearly as trim as what one might find in say, a modeling magazine. "How do you think I stay in shape? Round, that is."

She giggled softly, "Yes, Master James," she took the couch in his office and curled up to draw until he was finished with his workday. She didn't want to interrupt him to go back to his home so she could deal with the confusing emotions with regards to Kody so she just set them to the side for now and focused on drawing and digital painting.

It was several more hours before James sighed softly and shut his computer off. Looking over at the couch, he watched her draw for several moments before murmuring, "Rieka... are you ready to go back to the house?"

"Five more minutes, Master James," she murmured almost soundlessly in response. However, true to her word she closed up the tablet and smiled bemusedly at him at the five-minute mark, "Ready, Master James."

It was after six and as they walked out of his office, it was dark except for a single room at the end of the hall, about fifteen feet further down. The door to it was frosted glass and read 'Kody Harrison, CEO, Shadows & Flame'. James glanced at it and sighed before calling out, "You should go home too, Kody! Watch... a basketball game or something..."

From behind the door came a muffled but audible reply. "There's no basketball on Monday nights, James. That's Football. Good night. Tell Miss Johnson again how lovely her paintings were for me. I look forward to seeing them completed."

James smirked and turned to her, murmuring, "He thought your paintings were lovely and he looks forward to seeing them completed."

She blinked, then giggled softly, before quietly asking, "Won't his slave miss him?"

James smiled, a gesture with an undercurrent of sadness. "He hasn't found one yet." They began walking through the building to the door. "Of course, if he doesn't stop working himself to death, he never will, either." He sighed, "I've known Kody for a long time. He's very particular. He wants things just so. He's not one to admit it to people, but he's a little broken inside, and he hasn't found a slave that... fills his missing piece."

Her head tilted slightly, then her eyes widened as she recalled his words before a slight, warm smile appeared on her lips. "That explains so much." She turned and started towards the exit, "Shall we, Master James?"

"Of course," he smiled. They drove back to his home and as he had indicated, Lilan had prepared lobster Étouffée. "You can't come to the bayou and not have Étouffée. It's a sin and God will smite you down for it," James stated in a mockingly serious voice.

She giggled, "It smells fantastic," she bounded over to hug Lilan, "He liked them," she shared with Lilan, laughing as they hugged again.

Days passed, every time she came back to their house she ate, showered, hugged James and Lilan, then went and passed out before she woke up and went back to work. Paint streaked her hair and knuckles at times. It would be three weeks into the task before Kody would visit. He could hear music the minute he arrived, one of the doors was closed and appeared to be sealed with a plastic-wrapped towel, but he had seen the windows open. A row of paintings was along the hallway towards the room, each covered by a protective sheet.

He walked up to the room and knocked, "Miss Johnson? It's Kody Harrison... Just stopped by to see how things were going...," he called.

Jasmine opened the door, smiling up at him, then placed a finger over her lips before tilting her head to lead him into the room. All the windows were open and fans were pointed at each of them to pull the paint fumes out of the room. In the middle of the room was a series of canvases and facing them with her back to the door was Rieka. She was wearing the tiniest pair of shorts a sports bra and an apron. He could see a change of clothes hidden under a drop cloth as she danced around, painting. Jasmine waited for an interlude and darted in to tap her shoulder twice. Rieka slowed to a stop, then slowly turned around her eyes glazed slightly but a smile on her lips, "Yes, Jasmine?"

"Mr. Harrison is here to see you." Jasmine offered.

"Oh... thank you, Jasmine." She blinked and it took a few minutes for her eyes to finish clearing and she gave Kody a shy smile, "Hello, Mr. Harrison."

"Miss Johnson," he nodded. "I hope I'm not... interrupting your creative... flow...," he tried to find the right words. "I can come back if you...," he trailed off, gesturing at the canvas.

"Ahh," she blinked, then looked at the canvas, tilting her head, "I'm alright to stop for now. It's almost time for Jasmine to feed me again." She murmured, dabbing a final spot on the canvas before putting her brush to where she could clean it. "I wasn't expecting you," she smiled at him sheepishly.

"I've found that if the employees expect me, things are magically perfect when I arrive," he observed dryly. "But... feed you?" he asked, confused.

"When I get lost in the creative haze I forget to eat. Master James instructed Jasmine to take care of me, so she periodically gives me food while I'm painting." She responded, ducking her head slightly as a faint blush dusted her cheeks. "I apologize if that's a problem, Mr. Harrison."

He waved it away. "NO! No, of course not. I just...," he trailed off, lifting his arm to glance at the antique watch on it. Pondering for a moment, he murmured, "You know what? Food sounds really good right now." Turning to Jasmine he murmured, "I"m going to take Miss Johnson here for lunch. I'll bring her back when we're finished so that she can continue." Looking back at her he murmured, "Assuming that's not a problem with you, of course..."

Her brow furrowed, "Not a problem, Mr. Harrison. My time is yours. I'll just need a few minutes to clean up first." She turned to wash up her brushes, carefully making sure each was clean and inspected before she laid them to the side to dry before walking to where her clothes were. She wiped off the bulk of any paint splatters, then removed the apron, and then pulled on a faded blue sundress over her head. She padded over to him and slid her feet into her shoes, "Ready, Mr. Harrison."

He smiled, "Excellent!" Turning, he presented his arm to her and, when she took it, led her out of the room and outside to his sedan, a very comfortable, luxury Mercedes. Helping her into the passenger seat, he slid behind the wheel and pulled away. "So... any allergies I need to know about? Likes? Dislikes?" He paused, then added in a pleading tone, "Please tell me you are not one of those people that subsists on half a gram of tofu or greens and water all day..."

Her nose crinkled slightly, "No, Mr.Harrison," she patted her stomach slightly, "I have a fondness for food, just a brain that forgets things." She paused, "I do not have allergies to my knowledge and I have discovered a fondness for cajun thanks to Lilan."

"Spicy foods?" he asked, curiously.

"Yes, Mr. Harrison, I had a fondness for Indian food in Seattle." She murmured, looking at her hands.

"Excellent. There's a great little cafe near here. The Jambalaya is to die for," he smiled. Looking at her out of the corner of his eye, he sensed her unease, and murmured, "I promise. There is nothing untoward going on, and you are not in trouble. It is just lunch. Well... and a chance for me to get to know someone whose art is among the most beautiful I have ever seen."

"Yes, Mr. Harrison," she murmured, lifting her head slightly to give him a shy smile. "I trust you...," she paused, "I'm just used to more... familiarity?" Her voice trailed off questioningly, "Most of the Masters I've met are quite insistent on me immediately calling them Master, except for Master James and... you," she trailed off again, her voice going quieter, "So it's new territory."

"Understandable. I suppose it's because James and I... both... feel that if a slave doesn't naturally feel drawn to calling us 'Master', it is very uncouth to presume they should do so. This is, after all, a voluntary lifestyle, yes?" he observed. "I see no need to exert dominance over someone who... does not wish it." He shrugged. "Perhaps that is not how others are, but it is the way I look at life. Anyone can demand submission. But to be the kind of man that causes a slave to helplessly do so? That is another level of Mastery entirely."

Her head tilted slightly as she contemplated, "I was...," she paused for a moment, "My training Master told me that to offer submission without approval was the height of rudeness. That the only time I could assume that form of familiarity is after the Master had given consent and removed the bounds of propriety. Until then I was to behave like a proper slave and wait for permission."

He shrugged, "There are many who do things that way. I, personally, believe that when I finally find my slave, her submitting to me will be as natural to her as breathing. She likely won't even realize that she's doing it." He paused, then chuckled, shaking his head, "Probably a crazy dream, no? I mean, for two people to be so perfectly in sync that they simply fall into the dance and never leave?"

"I don't think so," she murmured after a quiet moment, her gaze turning slightly wistful, "Not when I can see it around me, like Master James and Lilan." She dropped her gaze to her hands, "I don't think it's a crazy dream at all Mas... Mr. Harrison." She ducked her head slightly, biting at her lower lip.

He smiled wistfully, "Someday then... Maybe... I'll find someone like that. Where it's simply... effortless." He pulled into a small parking lot and put the car in park. Getting out, he let her out and helped her to stand before taking her arm once more and escorting her inside the small cafe.

The large black man smiled on seeing him and gestured, "Your usual table is even available, Kody."

"Excellent, Jamal. How are the kids?" he replied.

"Tionne's team won all-city last weekend. Soccer," he beamed.

"YES!" Kody did a fist pump, then bumped Jamal's fist with his own. "Give her my regards."

"Yes, sir, Mr. Kody," he said proudly as Kody walked her over to a table on the far end of the cafe. He pulled her chair out for her and scooted it in when she sat before sitting himself.

Looking up at her, he blushed slightly, "I... might come here a bit...," he said defensively. "Jamal's mom's cooking beats mine every day of the week and twice on Sunday."

She gave him a shy smile as a soft giggle escaped, "It's alright, I'm glad you're eating something." She trailed off and looked up, her eyes glazed briefly as she tilted her head. "Oh, that's lovely."

He cocked his head to the side, then looked around. "What?"

She pointed slightly, and as he watched the shadows rippled to where it looked like Jamal and his wife were almost dancing together against the bare wall, "Isn't it beautiful?"

"How did you...?" he murmured before he too was entranced. It only lasted a few moments before the shadows parted as they worked, but he turned back to look at her with a baffled expression. "How do you do that?"

"Do what, Mas... Mr. Harrison?" Her nose crinkled as she bit her lip again, trying to force her mind to focus. "When I started teaching myself to paint, one of the people I would watch most would tell me. Art is everywhere, for life is a beautiful piece of art. If you look with an open heart, you will see the beauty, but if you look with only your mind, you will only see what others see. That is also the power of Kintsugi. See the beauty, even in the broken." She blushed and ducked her head slightly, looking at her hands.

He blinked for several moments as the power of what she had just said washed over his mind. Finally, he cleared his throat, trying to speak past the lump that had formed at her mention of being broken. "Y-You... are a very rare jewel, Miss Johnson. Rare and precious indeed."

"As you say, sir," she whispered after a moment, "Thank you," she blinked and refocused, giving him another shy smile. "So, as this is meant to be a getting to know each other, where would you like me to begin, Mr. Harrison?" There was only a slight hesitation before she said his name, her brow furrowed as she focused to make sure she didn't mess up again.

"Why... at the very beginning... Would... you...," he started, then ducked his head briefly, before finishing, "Would you mind if I called you Rieka?" he asked softly.

A soft slightly brighter smile appeared on her face, "I would prefer it, Master Kody," she murmured.

"Well then, Rieka. At the very beginning. There was a musical once, I believe, that indicated that starting there was a good idea...," he smiled softly.

She looked up from her hands, "Yes, Master Kody," she smiled again. "Well, when I was born, my father and mother moved to Seattle for work. I grew up in a lower, middle-class family, an only child. I always loved to draw and doodle, then started teaching myself how to paint, usually through trial and error, sometimes through videos on painting. Gradually I made enough selling my paintings combined with my job that I could afford the occasional college class, like nude sketching." She smiled softly, "Those were fun times, then Master Michael and Master Zane saw some of my work when they were visiting Seattle, and things started taking off from there."

He smiled. "Michael is a good man and a good friend. Probably the best advocate we have for this lifestyle in the world today. I'm glad you found your dream and have been able to live it," he said softly. "Do you still live in Seattle? Your parents?"

She giggled softly, "With my check from Master Michael I was able to pay for my parents to travel like they always dreamed. I purchased them an RV, last known address is somewhere outside of Vegas. I have a studio in Seattle, but that's pretty much it. I couldn't afford both it and an apartment."

He nodded in understanding. "Well," he said, reaching out to gently take her hand for a brief moment, "I'll have to see what I can do to fix that. After seeing your work, New Orleans needs you here. And I...," he started before ducking his head with a slight blush. "I would be remiss to let such... a rare jewel... slip away."

"As you wish, Master Kody," she murmured, turning her hand slightly to brush her fingers with his as he pulled it back. "Master James is quite insistent on keeping me as well, and says I'm good for Lilan."

Kody chuckled, "I do not doubt that. I know James has had a hard time helping Lilan find friends that... won't judge him. I'd imagine he's incredibly grateful for you."

"He's comforting, makes me think of what things would be like if I had a brother," she murmured with a soft fond smile. She reached into her back pocket and pulled out her phone, flicking a few pictures, then shifted to show it to him, "Shh, this is a painting I'm working on for Master James and Lilan as a thank you for letting me stay and feeding me." She smiled as she looked down at the image. It was a picture of a painting of Lilan and James entwined in a kitchen. Lilan had his head tucked under James's chin and James had a bemused, pleased smile on his lips. Both of them had their eyes closed as they almost seemed to sway and dance as she tilted the phone slightly from side to side.

Kody, unable to help himself, raised his hand to his mouth as his breath caught. His eyes glistened in the dim light and he breathed softly, "Oh..." Once again, it was like she had this magical ability to reach down into his soul and wring the emotion from him, laying bare his dreams and hopes with her art. He would never dare to let James know because his oldest friend did not deserve that, but he had never been more jealous of anyone's happiness than James when he found Lilan.

She turned, her thumb tapping the side of the phone, and the next image she was painting appeared as the waters were delivered. She didn't seem aware of what he was seeing as she thanked Jamal. The picture Kody could now see was his face, it was turned slightly with a portion of it shadowed and looking almost cracked, while the other was the mask of his indifference. As he looked closer, it almost looked like the pieces of his face had been gently put back together with a female image draped in gold, and the shadowed side had a soft smile on his lips.

The tears dripped down his face as he stared at it with his mouth open. He looked up at her slowly and breathed, "I don't... I don't understand.... How...?"

She blinked, then looked at the image and blushed, ducking her head as she quickly put her phone away, "It was just... the comment you made in the conference room, that image came to mind. I'm sorry," she bit her lip, then reached over and took a napkin to tenderly dry his face, "Please, don't cry."

He captured her hand. "It's... breathtaking," he breathed before brushing his lips across her inner wrist. "You're... breathtaking..."

A soft whimper escaped and she ducked her head as her cheeks turned redder, "Thank you, Master Kody," she murmured after a moment, breathlessly. Her body felt on fire from such a little kiss and her heart was thundering in her chest. "I'm glad that I and it please you."