Artist

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He smiled. "I... I didn't mean to startle you. Sometimes... and this is really not something that anyone knows... not even James... art affects me so profoundly that I can't help it." His lips curled as the smile turned self-mocking. "It's not something people expect to see from a CEO, so...," he trailed off for a moment before finishing, "so I put on a mask."

"I understand, Master Kody," she murmured, stroking his cheek briefly, "I promise it can be our secret," she gave him a shy smile, her cheeks still red as she looked up at him. "So, what would you like to talk about now?"

He cleared his throat and took a sip of water. "So you're looking at possibly staying in New Orleans?"

"Yes, Master Kody," she murmured, "Master James was talking about us going house hunting after I finished with this first set of paintings." Her nose wrinkled, "I hope he doesn't decide that buying me a house is a necessity. I just hope he didn't get in trouble for insisting on the SUV." She leaned forward and whispered, "He insisted that a motorcycle was unacceptable."

He looked at her for a moment, then nodded, "I agree with his insistence," he looked around, then leaned forward, "If I could wrap you in a Sherman tank around New Orleans drivers, I'd do it."

Her nose crinkled, "They're not that bad, a little weird and high strung, but I haven't been hit once." She blushed slightly, "Thank you, Master Kody."

"Some things...," he murmured, looking into her eyes, "are worth more than money. Knowing what those things are and then caring for them appropriately is a hallmark of true Mastery."

Her eyes turned soft and an almost melty look came over her face, "Yes, Master," she breathed barely above a whisper, then blushed and ducked her head. "Thank you, Master Kody," she reached up and rubbed her chest over her heart, confused at the warm feeling there.

It took Kody a moment to realize what he was seeing because he couldn't believe it was happening right in front of his eyes. Then, realizing that she was staying with his best friend and working to become friends with his partner, his slave, Kody sighed inwardly. He would have to work harder to find ways to discover if it was, in fact, what he hoped he was seeing. Jamal came back over and looked at Kody, who held up two fingers and murmured, "Jambalaya." Jamal nodded and walked away as Kody looked back at her. "Thank you for agreeing to come with me, Rieka," he said quietly, his eyes softening even more as he looked into hers. "Thank you."

She smiled at him, tilting her head slightly and baring her neck, "I am happy to be here with you, Master Kody. Thank you for inviting me." Her eyes were soft, warm, and welcoming as she looked at him.

He swallowed and blinked, "Well then... I suppose it's my turn in the hot seat. What would you like to know?" He smiled reassuringly, to ensure that she knew she was free to ask whatever she wished.

She bit her lip, then murmured, "Everything," she giggled softly, "But maybe we should start with little things. Like your favorite food, where you grew up, what led you to start the resort business."

He chuckled. "Favorite food... Italian." He looked around and chuckled again. "Yeah, I know. Don't tell Jamal's mom," he said with a smirk in a low voice. "Where I grew up... Kansas, actually. My parents were wheat farmers. I... didn't want to be. So I went to Chicago and got a degree in business from a 'big city university'. It was there that I discovered the lifestyle but after a couple of years looking and... entirely too many disappointments... I just sort of... gave up." He shrugged. "That was when I figured that if I couldn't have what I wanted, I could maybe make nice things for others who did. Yeah, I saw the documentary on Michael and yes, he was my inspiration."

Jamal brought back two large, wide-dish bowls of Jambalaya and left again. "I sent him an email. He actually answered it, much to my surprise, and we started talking. He introduced me to a couple of investors who thought it was a good idea and gave me a Black Card and with their help and some 'luck' that some existing resorts were coming on hard times... Shadows and Flame." he spread his hands.

"Master Michael and his slave Annabelle are wonderful. They helped me a lot, and introduced me to my training Master." She trailed off, "He wasn't my forever Master, we never... there wasn't a spark there, but I wanted to learn and Master Michael spoke well of him."

Kody smiled softly. "I'm glad you found some credible help to get you started. So many are... well... they learn a lot of the wrong lessons because they are taught by people who don't understand."

"Bedrooms," she murmured, wrinkling her nose. "It's all fun and games until the Master wants to enforce his power and then the epic meltdown. Not to mention those that seem to have a little fetish. Just because I'm small doesn't mean I want a Daddy in the bedroom." Her tone of voice said it all. Then she waited for him to take the first bite before starting to eat. Unable to help herself, the entire time she ate she made happy food noises.

Her behavior was adorable, from the little noises she made to the way that she tucked her hair behind one ear, always the right one. She made him ache in so many delicious ways, only some of them physical, and he felt this almost titanic pull toward her. The conversation was easy and genuine, both of them laughing and earnest in equal measure. Finally, finished, he murmured, "This was really nice, Rieka. I'd... If you wouldn't object... I'd like to do this again. Soon."

She gave him her sweet smile, "I would enjoy that, Master Kody," she carefully reached across the table and gently squeezed his hand. "Thank you for lunch, Master Kody, it was wonderful." Her smile turned mischievous and her eyes sparkled at him playfully, "And the food was really good too."

He did not release her hand, immediately, brushing his thumb over her knuckles. "I would say that the company far outshone the food, and I adore the food here." he stood, tossing a credit chip on the table and offering her his arm once more.

She blushed slightly, ducking her head as she took his arm, "Thank you, Master Kody," she murmured with a soft giggle, "I suppose it's time to go back to work, the paintings won't paint themselves."

"No, they won't, but I cannot imagine anyone doing it better than you. James just may have earned himself a raise," he murmured with a small smirk.

She blushed, "Thank you, Master Kody," she smiled up at him. Her eyes glazed for a moment as she studied the way the light played on his face. Almost absently she reached up and brushed his hair to one side almost entranced. Her fingers caressed his temple and the side of his face for a moment. She blinked, then blushed and ducked her head slightly, reaching up to tuck her hair behind her ear, "My apologies for being so forward, Master Kody."

He stopped, turned to her, and slowly reached out to cup her chin to lift her gaze to his. "Rieka... I don't mind. You have... permission. You have my attention. And my curiosity. I look forward to... seeing where this goes."

She leaned into his touch, her eyes widening slightly, then softening, "Yes, Master Kody, I look forward to it as well." She reached up to touch his face again with a tender, gentle touch, her eyes staring at him in wonder, she blinked again. "We should probably get moving, Master Kody."

He nodded slowly, looking into her eyes for another long moment before sighing and leading her to the car. They drove back and he asked, "Are you receiving all the assistance and things that you need?"

"Yes, Master Kody," she murmured, "Jasmine has been an absolute peach, and while Master Lance is distant anytime I need something he's there to help." She smiled happily, "I think they're good for each other. She seems to soothe him, it's very sweet."

He nodded, "Excellent. That is good to hear." When they arrived back at the resort and walked back in, James was there talking with Lance and going over some timelines.

He stopped and looked up at them, a confused expression on his face. "Kody? I didn't know you were here..."

"I wasn't. I just came to check on things and then decided to take Rieka here to lunch to get to know her a little better," he said.

"Is that right?" He asked, pausing, then looked to Rieka. "Jambalaya?"

"Yes, Master James," she responded with a happy smile, "It was wonderful." She was relaxed and seemed to be exuding happiness, "Do you two want to see the first of the paintings?"

"Love to," James replied, staring hard at Kody with a searching gaze. Kody, for his part, wore his best impartial mask.

Rieka looked between the two of them for a moment in confusion, then turned and started leading them down the hallway. She carefully lifted the sheet off the first one, the broken-up silhouette painting. "The final spray set will be done in two days to seal it to the canvas. It can be hung up twenty-four hours after that." It was even more powerful on the canvas than it was digital, it almost looked like shadows of actual people in the room.

They stood there staring at it for long moments before Kody murmured, "It's perfect, Rieka." His voice was warm and filled with praise as he looked at her.

"Thank you, Master Kody," she murmured, a faint blush dusting her cheeks before she carefully covered it again. She went down the hallway displaying each of the pieces she had painted so far. The effect of them on canvas was powerful, and each one was almost perfect, only minor imperfections marred the paintings.

After the last, he closed his eyes, trying to get a grip on his emotions once more. His smile was bittersweet as he looked at her once again. "Thank you. That is a remarkable pleasure. I look forward to seeing the rest." He turned and nodded to James, "James," before heading for the door. James stared after him and watched as the door shut behind him before his gaze snapped back to her. "What... did you do?" he asked in a soft, incredulous voice.

"I...," she trailed off, "I don't know... I just and he just and now...," her hands waved in confusion. She looked up at James, "He makes me feel warm and happy," she murmured after a moment, her voice turning really soft and quiet, "safe."

"You love him!" he gasped. His gaze shot back to the door where Kody had left. "He loves you!" His hand shot to his mouth. "Oh my God... it's happening..." James was nearly shaking with giddiness.

She bit her lip, looking between him and the door that Kody left through. She opened her mouth, then closed it, repeating it several times with a complete loss of words. Finally, she just turned and entered her painting room. She closed the door behind her and turned her music on, losing herself to the painting, she would figure out her emotions later. Love, that was preposterous, she'd barely met him, and he... there was no way that someone as wonderful and... she sighed, pointing the paintbrush at the painting, "Idiot girl, you've got it bad, stop it." She refocused on painting because she had a long way to go.

James walked back to Lance as if on cloud nine. He radiated exuberance and the rest of the afternoon was, quite possibly the best Lance had ever had with the man. He left at about three-thirty to go back to the office, sending her a text that he would see her back at his house. When he arrived back at the office, he walked right past his office and into Kody's. Closing the door, he broke into a grin. "You sly bastard, you love her."

Kody looked up at him for a long moment, then murmured, "Doesn't matter."

"What the fuck do you mean it doesn't matter, Kody?!" he exclaimed. "You... LOVE... her."

Kody sighed and set down what he was working on. "She... works for me, James. I am not going to put her under duress worrying about her job because I am pursuing her. And I am not going to allow her to think that the only reason she is keeping this job is because I am interested in her. She deserves more than that. Her talent deserves more than that. So... it doesn't matter... now."

"Oh, you stupid son of a bitch!" James spat, throwing himself into a chair. "FIND a way. Write up a contract indemnifying her. Hell, I'll get legal to validate it. Don't walk away from this because of circumstance. Don't walk away from... her. From love. You're my best friend, and I have been waiting for over a decade for you to find what I have. Now you have, and I'll be damned if I sit by and let you piss it away."

"That's... enough. Friend or no, you are still in my office, James," he said softly, but with an undertone of steel. He closed his eyes for a moment as he pondered his best friend's words. "Look. If you think you can come up with something that completely protects her regardless of what happens then I'll take a look at it. The faster the better. I'm likely to have lunch with her again soon."

"You're going to do more than that, you blockhead. You're going to start coming to dinners at my house," James stated. As Kody opened his mouth, James cut him off. "The next words out of your mouth had better be you agreeing, because best friend or no, I will be across this desk beating some sense into you if they aren't before I go and find a new job."

Kody sighed and hung his head. "All right, James. You win. I want to spend more time with her anyway. You want to chaperone? Fine. Happy?"

"Ecstatic," he said dryly. "Dinner tonight is at six-thirty. Don't you dare be late because I know what you do and I know who your boss is."

Kody did something then that he had not done since he was much younger. He stuck up his middle finger and held it up to James.

"HA!" James barked in a laugh. "Look at the big and bad CEO. Don't get mad at me for doing what's in your best interests. Someone like her? That's once in a lifetime, brother. You don't dare fucking let that pass." He turned and walked out of Kody's office. Kody watched him go and sunk his face into his hands, hoping he wasn't about to do something that would make her hate him or feel pressured.

She painted and painted, finally Jasmine broke her out of the painting frenzy at nearly six. She blinked, cleaning up her brushes then dressed and headed for home. She would take a shower before dinner this time, wanting a chance to wash her hair and maybe wear her kitten ears for a bit. James and Lilan didn't care when she did and they would help her with the confusing emotions.

She got home and Lilan was already working on dinner. It smelled delicious as always and she waved tiredly at him before heading upstairs to shower. James walked out, his timing impeccable as the door thudded with a heavy knock. He went and let Kody in guiding him to the dining room. "Good evening, Lilan," he murmured with a smile. "It smells wonderful, but that's really no surprise..."

Upstairs Rieka took her shower, washing her hair then her body to scrub off the worst of the paint, then let the water beat on her shoulders for ten minutes. Lilan knew where she was. Finally, she finished, dried, and dressed, opting for just her nightgown and robe, before putting on her kitten ears and padding downstairs. "What can I do to help, Lilan?" Her voice was tired, but she was focused on helping him.

She froze as she turned into the kitchen and dining area and saw Kody at the table. He smiled warmly at her and raised his hand in greeting. "Hello, Rieka," he said softly.

"Master Kody," she murmured, "This is a pleasant surprise," she smiled at him, twisting her fingers in the belt of her robe. A faint blush dusted her cheeks as she realized how idiotic she must look. She ducked her head and moved to help Lilan finish setting the table and carry the food from the stove.

On one of her trips, after glancing around to find James and Lilan occupied, he brushed his fingers over hers. "You look... lovely," he murmured. "Adorably lovely."

She paused for a moment, gently touching his hand in return, "Thank you, Master Kody," she murmured, blushing again before turning to finish. She looked at James in question as she discovered herself seated between Kody and James rather than her normal place beside Lilan.

Lilan looked at the tenseness, then broke it by talking to Rieka to encourage her to relax, "So how is the painting coming, Rieka? Are we still going to the mall Saturday?"

"I'm done with the community paintings, the massage parlor, and the first of the cabins, so it's going. Most of the waiting is for the paint to fully dry so I can set it." Rieka murmured, looking at Lilan in question. They both waited for the two Masters to start before they started eating. "I'm going to have to redo at least one canvas though, the ochre didn't blend properly in the pearl."

Lilan continued talking to her, glancing to James for approval and when he got a nod, he continued. Rieka gradually relaxed but was still hyper-aware of Kody's presence and kept glancing at him before dropping her gaze to her plate in confusion.

Every time he caught her looking at him, he smiled at her, trying to reassure her that he had no ill intentions, but she kept looking away as if she were uncomfortable. He started to get frustrated with James. This was his idea after all, and it was making her feel bad. Finally, he could simply listen no more. "I should have James bring you to the resort to see, Lilan. Rieka's work is magnificent. Quite literally the best I have ever seen." He paused, then added, "You would love it. I know I do."

"I would enjoy that, Master Kody," Lilan responded promptly.

Rieka looked up, then gave Kody a shy, hesitant smile, "Thank you, Master Kody. I am happy to please you."

"You have done nothing but, and I see no reason to expect otherwise in the future," Kody observed firmly, smiling at her. Under the table, he gently laid his fingers briefly on her thigh, squeezing and caressing with his thumb before taking it back, hoping to reassure her that he meant what he had said.

She bit her lip to hide a whimper at the feel of his hand on her thigh. She shifted her foot to gently press against his shin, then gently stroke his calf, "Thank you, Master Kody," she murmured, giving him another shy smile before ducking her head to focus on eating. She shoved her wants down inside, James was wrong, she was just a valuable employee. "It'll be another two months on the rest of the paintings, then I can go to the next resort if you like, Master Kody."

"Well, I'd like it if you took a couple of weeks of vacation between them. You know... recharge your creative batteries or... whatever an artist needs. But yes, I think after, we fly you to the next resort, you do the tour and whatever concept sketches you need, then you can come back here to work with your equipment, and when you're done, we transport the art back out to the resort." He offered it, hoping that she would realize that he wanted her in New Orleans and that he wanted her to be comfortable and in familiar surroundings while she worked.

"I... OK," she murmured, "Master James said that you had given art the most lead out on the resorts so I didn't want you to delay opening because of me...," she trailed off, ducking her head again.

"Of course. But we need to stagger them. If we open them all at once, it becomes too big of a drain on capital while they build up a reputation. Opening the first one here, we let it be in use for three or four months, word gets around, and then we open the next one," he observed. "As long as we don't delay more than about six months between them, we'll be just fine on the marketing curve."

"Yes, Master Kody," she murmured, "You're the one in charge."

"That really doesn't mean anything without capable people like you... and James... to back me up," he said softly. "After all, it's not like I can paint anything better than perhaps... a stick figure..."