All Comments on 'As Simple As Black And White?'

by Hypoxia

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Family Discovery

Wow....bloody wow...not necessary to read story a few times ....i was so engrossed i didnt miss a thing.....absolutely the best plot in ANY erotic story i have resd this year....by far

Intricate detail....sublime intermixing of localities....this is a heart warming tale indeed.

Definitely demands a second chapter in the search for Vanessa's daughter....and the proposed martiage.Also id love to see Matt and Vanessa get it on with Isabella as co-participant

Thanks for writing such a "humane" story of such high quality.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wow

Thank you for writing something so carefully thought out, funny, and feeling. I am excited to read the rest of the story. Sitting on the edge of expectation of what is to come. Simply awesome!

dinkymacdinkymacalmost 10 years ago
Nice!

Thanks for sharing.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 10 years ago
Liked the way this story turned...and turned out!

Greta writing....great theme!

redlion75redlion75almost 10 years ago

was actually expecting dora to turn out to be nessies daughter or at least adoptive sister.

HypoxiaHypoxiaalmost 10 years agoAuthor
@redlion75: I thought about that.

I also thought to make Vanessa (Native American) mother to both Rory (white) and Isadora (black) via different fathers. But I couldn't find a way to make that fit in a naturalistic story. Hey, it would sure simplify the family tree! Hmmm, maybe I'll try a fantasy stroker version. Yeah, stay tuned for BLACK AND WHITE AND RED ALL OVER. Meanwhile, anyone who likes this story may also like THAT'S MY GIRL. And you'll probably hate BIG BANANA. Whatever.

HypoxiaHypoxiaalmost 10 years agoAuthor
follow-up

Following redlion75's suggestion, I indeed did write BLACK & WHITE & RED ALL OVER where Rory, Dora, and Vanessa are much closer kin than in this version. And I have sequels planned for both storylines. Stay tuned!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
good story

Good characters and dialog and action. Looking forward to the sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good story but...

Some of Dora's dialog, particularly the "I's" was so annoying. I understand that you are trying to convey the difference between Dora and Rory, "I's" is such an unpleasant throwback to an unpleasant time in history. Also, if this story takes place at any point in the last 40 or 50 years, what 20 something includes that in their vocabulary?

HypoxiaHypoxiaover 9 years agoAuthor
a valid criticism, Anon

Guilty. I created a caricature. I thought about the implications when I wrote Dora. But I've heard people of various ethnicity use that speech pattern, locally (northern California) and recently (last week). We're often sloppy when we speak informally.

MrRandyWatsonMrRandyWatsonalmost 9 years ago
Good...ALMOST great

I feel that, as a story, it's a good one. I like the character development and how practical and down-to-Earth Rory is. I think you have a pretty good style and a good grasp of blending categories (incest and interracial don't seem to go together at first, but neither do chicken and waffles and people make that work.)

The only area of concern I have is this - I felt shortchanged on the sex. I got a lot of the prelude and the foreplay, but then it comes down to "We fucked - use your imagination." Sex is the main entree, not the garnish or the side dish.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHypoxia@Hypoxia
935 Followers
I started out as a child. It's all been downhill from there. Will it be an uphill battle to become childish again? *** I have various home bases, all in high mountain towns not too far from the Pacific coast of the Americas. At any given moment, I'm probably somewhere b...