Asteroids and Athletes Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Everyone was nervous of more Roaches that might come from the cave if we were to load the mining cart with ore. Fanvo snuck into the cave a little deeper, but didn't see anything in the darkness but more tunnel. Maira decided one person should be a lookout in the cave, which was Fanvo, another lookout would be at the entrance to the mining site, Zarasti, and the rest would be loading in the ore. We tilted the mining cart back onto the track and started loading. It didn't take too long with Maira, Xoragol and myself helping. We tried pushing the cart along the track, but something was stuck. It wasn't just wheels, but a locking mechanism of the cart onto the track.

Zarasti started working on the computer and got the track to light up, but the doorway suddenly was illuminated and a giant Roach pushed its way out. It had two giant claws like a crab, four horns and dripping ooze from its mouth. It's eyes looked like three empty sockets on either side of its face.

Cesar laid out a battle map of the mining site. The miniature he placed for the Queen Roach was huge in comparison to ours. And it was between us and the way back inside the Mining Colony.

Heidi (Zarasti) tried to run towards us and didn't anticipate it would have a tremendous reach to attack her character. Zarasti took a hit which breached their suit and nearly killed them in one attack. They lay crumpled on the ground as we shot and retreated. The doorway flickered off and the mining cart stopped moving. The Queen Roach knocked over the cart as it ran towards us.

We rushed towards Fanvo in the cave to get cover. Luckily the creature wasn't able to enter the narrow passageway so we were able to fire from deep cover. But still the monster was able to barely fit one of its claws in. It took a swipe at my character Yaae and missed. We kept pumping energy blasts into its body. Cesar wouldn't tell us how much armor it had, but Heidi thought it was more than the regular soldier Roaches. She also remembered that Zarasti had an oxygen mask, so they put that on, and then ran back towards the door into the Facility. Heidi knew if it turned on her character, there would be nothing she could do alone and separated from the other characters.

Although Cesar was making attack rolls at half skill with the Queen because we were hiding inside, Maira (Grita) took one claw hit that broke her suit and took out all her HP. Grita was trapped in the creature's claw and unconscious as she was pulled out of the cave. We kept firing at the Queen until that bitch spilled its blue guts. Xoragol was able to fit another spare air mask over Grita before they pulled her inside. We slipped a few chunks of Zynium ore in our packs before hauling the unconscious Grita back to the ship, the Red Nova. I was able to use Diaz (my med bot) to stabilize her after we got there.

It was as we got to the ship with everyone that Cesar called it for the night. I wanted to keep playing. The fight was so lit and amazing, but Grita was making saving rolls to not fall into a coma until my med bot Diaz stabilized her.

I gave Cesar a big hug and told him how much I enjoyed the game. Then he smiled his cute smile. As I was driving away I thought about his blonde girlfriend again. I couldn't help but be jealous over how obnoxiously cute they were together.

12