Astrid in Love Ch. 11

Story Info
The End. Finally.
8.4k words
4.76
7.1k
13

Part 11 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 11/20/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 11: Besmiirh

————

Pups, pups, pups, Caius' wolf was hysterically chanting as he drove down the motorway, Astrid sitting quietly in the seat next to him.

'What is it, you beast?' he thought to his wolf, 'Speaking to me again?'

She has pups, the wolf was gleeful, practically jumping around inside of him, Two pups!

'Really?' he couldn't stop the happiness from hitting him. But also disbelief, how could the pups have taken so quickly and how did his beast know? Was this...was this normal?

Truth. Feel her belly. Pups! the wolf was practically whooping, if it was possible for wolves to whoop.

Caius moved his hand to rest over Astrid's stomach. As soon as his hand touched her soft belly, he could feel it in his bones, in his soul and at the back recesses of his mind. The wolf was right; their coupling had seeded two pups already in gestation. It was weird but he could...he could feel them already forming, cells coming together as if it were in his blood. Caius had heard that this was what it felt like, to know when one was having children, to feel it in his gut. But still, Caius couldn't believe it would be so soon, but then, he supposed, this was his mate, of course it should be so.

Astrid placed her hand over his, "you okay?" she asked, "Not regretting your decision with me, are you?" Astrid asked, a teasing smile playing over her mouth.

Should he tell her? Well there was no choice about it, surely.

She should know, that way she'd at least have a choice in the matter. It burnt his stomach and twisted his heart as he realised while he might be overjoyed...Astrid well...she might be furious.

"No, never," he looked over to her briefly, before flicking his eyes back to the road ahead, "I don't know how to quite say this, but you're...pregnant."

Astrid snorted, apparently amused by his statement. And well, Caius couldn't blame her, he probably sounded crazy.

"What, are you a psychic pregnancy test, now?"

"The wolf can tell. He's certain,. And, uh, I can feel them inside of you," Caius nodded, hand caressing the witch's stomach, "You should still go to a doctor to check, but I guarantee that by tomorrow morning you are going to notice a little bump."

Caius tried to search the woman's face while driving, but could see nothing but thinking and thinking and thinking. Well, there wasn't anger or outrage so surely that was something?

"That quickly?" Astrid asked, voice breathless. He could feel her thoughtful eyes drilling into him, her hand still resting over his.

"Yeah, the gestation period for pups is around 5 months, they start showing quicker than humans."

"This is...this is a lot." Caius could feel the panic starting to rise in Astrid and for a moment he worried that she'd regret choosing him, "I mean I knew it was a risk, Lena said mating wolves have high fertility rates. But this is..."

She didn't complete her sentence, seemingly stuck in thought.

"If we act fast we could...we can get it terminated." Caius said softly, trying to focus his attention on the road, trying to ignore the devastation from ripping into him, "I'd understand, and in fact it would probably save us both a lot of pain and trouble."

"Fuck! Vanessa!" Astrid swore so suddenly, he jumped, "She's going to kill you. She's going to kill me."

"Probably."

Actually, more than probably. The instant she knew of Caius' betrayal she would order the pack to tear him limb from limb. If he managed to escape that, he wasn't so sure his clan in Melbourne would exactly welcome him home or would help them escape. Caius wanted to freak out, if Vanessa then found out Astrid was pregnant with his pups...she would go ballistic, Astrid would be in absolute danger.

"But I don't know if i can just...get an abortion...do you want me to get one?"

"Truthfully?" Caius replied, "No - I know it's selfish of me, but there's nothing more that I want in this world than for you to have my children. After tonight I am bound to you and you are everything that I want."

There was silence for a moment, and Caius knew he was holding his breath.

Astrid nodded, "You're everything that I want too. I'm just worried with Vanessa...I'm thinking maybe we should go stay with the coven instead. Maybe my sisters can help us, at least keep us safe tonight."

The relief flooded through him, Caius felt adrenaline drop in his stomach. The witch had a fair point. They couldn't go back to the Underground. There'd be no hiding, no telling how long it would take for Vanessa to find out; for the clan to exact revenge. What a mess.

"I'm thinking you're right," Caius nodded, "Would your coven be okay with that?"

"Yeah. of course. From there we can sort something out." Astrid sounded scared still, but at least she was touching his hand, and she wanted to keep their pups. The knowledge rang through him and again, he couldn't stop himself from feeling happy at this bit of information.

Still, guilt plagued him, and Caius felt like he'd essentially cornered them into this whole situation. Because he had known the risks more than she had, known that there would be a likely chance that she'd be pregnant from it. He just hadn't...really thought in a real sense. Hadn't felt it would be true until it had happened. He felt bad for Astrid, she deserved better than what he had to offer.

"This is going to be a lot of stress, Astrid. Last chance to pull out. No consequences."

Caius knew he meant it, knew he'd give up everything if she wanted it. He was bound to her, and there was no way he could ever cause her such unhappiness.

"No, the moment I took you inside of me tonight, I made my promise." She paused looking at him, "we made our promise. Didn't we? When you said that incantation,"

"The mating ritual," Caius nodded, thinking of the words he had whispered again Astrid's cheek when they had made love. It had come through him like second nature, as if the words had been waiting for that very moment to come out of him. The magic had woven itself into both of them and Caius had finally understood, truly, what it had meant to be at one with his mate. It had been the single most peaceful and wondrous moment of his existence.

"I want to be with you, Caius, It's taken us long enough to get here," Astrid said.

"Well, not so long. Like a few months really."

"Shit, you're right," Astrid gasped, "Goddess, I'm one of those women," Caius could feel Astrid turning to him, hand coming to rest on his leg, "Why do I feel like I've known you for my whole life?"

"It's just what happens to when two convergent souls finally meet, Astrid."

"We have a word for that in the ancient language," Astrid replied, a smile dancing in her voice.

"Yeah?"

"We call it Besmiirh."

————

Astrid didn't bother checking what she looked like when she stopped on the doorstep of the Magic Shop. She knew she looked like she'd been ravished, which she supposed she had been. Anyone who looked at the two of them would know instantly what they had been up to. Astrid's hair was mussed, her lips red and swollen. Caius had the unmistakable stain of cum on the front of his jeans, which did not appear to bother him in the slightest.

Astrid knocked and waited with someone to answer the door. She felt calm, weirdly calm, Astrid noticed. Which was odd, because 'calm' was never really a word she had ever used to describe herself. Maybe it had something to do with finally feeling like she had reached some kind of equilibrium.

It was Lena who opened the door, dressed in jeans and a top, and looking like she'd just gotten out of the shower.

"Oh, hey Astrid did you have a fun night at ..." she paused to look between Astrid and Caius, eyes roving over their appearances, "the club...?"

"Yeah, great night," Astrid beamed, "Is it ok if we stay here tonight?"

"Sure," Lena frowned strangely, "Although, is everything ok? You never willingly stay here..."

"I'm pregnant," Astrid continued smiling, because really what else was she supposed to do? The evening had kind of just exploded all over the place and there wasn't much time to mince words, "So, can we come in?"

"Goddess above, are you two serious?" Lena looked like she was going to feint. In a matter of seconds Lena went from relaxed to rigid, Astrid could see her sister gripping the doorknob tensely.

"If it helps at all, we're mated." Caius added, and for a moment, Astrid was lost in how his voice made her insides vibrate with need. What the hell was that about?

Lena stopped dead in her tracks, "What? You mated?"

"Yeah, it's been a busy night," Astrid nodded. A really busy night, but she didn't really want to discuss that in too much detail.

"So you got married and pregnant in one night?" Lena looked like she was about to have a apoplexy.

"I mean, we're not really married,"Astrid said, "There was no paperwork or white pouffy dress."

"Sorry, you're right. What you two did tonight is more permanent than marriage." Lena drew out the last words of the sentence slowly, staring at them as if they were the two biggest idiots on the planet. And maybe they were; but Astrid couldn't find it within herself to care. She had her man and they were going to be a family. It made her feel joyous and content.

Of course there was the terrifying prospect that it was about to be torn away, but Astrid really didn't want to think about that right at the moment.

"So... can you let us in?" Astrid asked hopefully, balancing on the sky high heels, waiting for her sister to invite them in.

"Sure, come on in." Lena looked positively dumbfounded and moved out of the way to let them into the house. The witch locked and double locked the door, pulling close every latch she could. Astrid heard her mutter the ancient language, the words a defensive incantation - a light glow filling the door and then fading.

Lena turned to the two, hands on hips and sighed, "I'll get the girls to come through the back tonight. We're going to need to fortify this place just in case. And I'm going to get Ana."

The mention of their oldest sister's name, sprung a jolt of anxiety through Astrid. She'd completely forgotten that she hadn't really told Ana much of what had been going on, in fact had avoided it. And now there was no more avoiding.

"You sure that's a good idea?" Astrid swallowed, she didn't realise she was squeezing Caius' hand until she felt him squeeze hers back.

"Are you seriously scared of our older sister?" Lena snorted, eyebrow raised in mocking.

"Well..." Astrid took a deep breath, "I haven't really told her anything..."

"Then you'd better start," Came an agitated voice from the top of the stairs. The wood creaked and the oldest Castegarde sister came into view as she landed at the bottom of the stairs, dressed in a black silk nightgown and fuzzy bear slippers, "Well?"

Ana appraised the two of them with a look that said she was not impressed. Astrid was alway impressed with her sister's ability to make Astrid feel like a naughty child. Even in those ridiculous slippers.

"Hey Ana," Astrid gave her sister a big smile, trying to act casual, "It's a shame you didn't come out tonight."

"Stop stalling and tell me what's going on," Ana said, walking over to stand in front of them. She focused her gaze onto Caius, "Who might you be? Don't tell me; you're the reason my sister was balling her eyes out this morning?"

"The very one, I'm afraid," Caius nodded, then added, "I'm Caius."

"Right then, what have I missed out on?" Ana gave Astrid a long, questioning look. One eyebrow raised in suspicion.

"It's a long story," Astrid just about wanted to bury herself into Caius' chest and avoid the embarrassing conversation, but resisted.

"Asteroid, just tell me, it's really early in the morning and I want to sleep. I'm sure whatever it is, it's not so bad you can't tell me." Ana snorted, hands on hips.

Astrid took a deep breath and began:

"So...Caius was supposed to mate with the wolf queen to end a clan war. But instead he and I mated while we were fucking and now I'm pregnant. That's all that happened tonight, I think." Astrid looked up at Caius who nodded in confirmation. Really, the less Ana probably knew all the details the better.

Ana just stared at all three of them, blinking rapidly.

"Okay, I need alcohol," Ana said with a sigh, "lots and lots of alcohol. We should discuss this upstairs." With a motion of her finger, Lena, Astrid and Caius trailed upstairs after the Coven mother and into the kitchen.

Ana began rattling around the shelves, opening and closing cupboard doors. When she'd found what she was after, she pulled it out.

"Aha," Ana said, "Here we go", she grabbed three glasses from another shelf and began pouring amber liquid into each one. She gave one glass to Caius and one Lena.

"Sorry Astrid, no alcohol for pregnant ladies." She took a sip of the drink and sighed.

"Oh, yeah..." Astrid frowned, "No alcohol..."

"Thank God," Caius muttered under his breath.

"Excuse me? You want me to pummel you into next week?" Astrid heard herself grumble.

Ana took another large swig of the alcohol and cleared her throat, and began pouring herself another glass. Astrid wondered if she should alarmed by the amount of alcohol her older sister seemed to need in that moment.

"Now that we've got that under control, start from the beginning again." Ana said.

"Well Caius and I were messing around which started with-"

"I don't want to hear the sex stuff, silly. I mean, start with the wolf queen. What's the agreement between your clans exactly, Caius?"

"I'm third in rank with the Melbourne wolf clan - my king sent me here to help patch over a rift between our clan and the Sydney clan. I was supposed to mate with the queen. I couldn't, I couldn't force it-"

"Of course you couldn't force it," Lena snorted.

"Especially not with Astrid in the picture," The werewolf continued, shrugging, "Once my wolf had found her I was in trouble. It's one thing to mate with a wolf if you haven't found your actual mate..." all he could do was shrug awkwardly. Astrid wanted to positively kiss his sweet face.

"But quite impossible when you've found your mate. And Astrid is your mate," Ana said, an incredulous look on her face, "That's phenomenal."

"Yes. And exceedingly frustrating," Caius added.

"I'll bet," Ana snorted, taking another sip of her glass.

"Hey, I'm right here, you losers," Astrid scowled.

Ana ignored her, continuing to question Caius, "So I'm guessing your king doesn't know."

"No - I've failed my clan, I'm ashamed to tell him." Caius replied. Astrid couldn't stop herself, didn't want to, she reached out to wrap her arms around Caius, and buried her face into his chest and inhaled deeply. She didn't care if it was weird, something in her sensed that they both needed this. She practically sighed, when she felt Caius' strong arms wrap around her shoulders in a tight hug.

"Surely your king would understand, Caius. You found your mate - that is so insanely rare." Lena added, a look of sadness across her face.

"So," Astrid interjected, mumbling into Caius' chest, "Does everyone know everything about werewolves, or am I just dumb?"

"No, you just never paid attention in your studies. How you ascended to witch is a certified miracle," Ana mused, "Anyway, have you even tried to call him? Explain everything? I think now is probably the time. Your betrayal is going to get back to him eventually, don't you think it's best if he hears it from you rather than from an irate werewolf queen with half a brain?"

"You're right, I know you're right." Caius sighed, Astrid smoothed her hands up his chest, placing a string of kisses on his clothed torso. She didn't know why she did it, maybe it was instinct, a part of her brain which told her that Caius needed this. Or maybe it was because she needed him. Either way, it felt right, normal.

"I'll call all the other witches home." Ana nodded, "We'll need to bunker down and keep this place as secure as possible for the moment. There's no telling when Vanessa will find out. Maybe she won't until we get your guys sorted. But it's better to be safe than sorry. Were there any other wolves around when you mated?"

"Hard to tell, we were kind of...public." Caius finished off.

Astrid took a moment to take her head out of Caius' chest, to look at her sisters and noticed Ana's expression was scarlet and mortified.

"Public? Please, Goddess, tell me you didn't do it in the club?"

"Side of the road," Astrid shrugged, refusing to feel embarrassed about something that had been so wonderful and special, "No cars passed, so I don't think there would have been a chance that any wolves would've seen us...or anyone for that matter."

"Your friend knows about us though; the young wolf," Caius' deep voice vibrated through his body and Astrid felt a little gasp escape her throat at the way it crawled across her skin. Was this being mated? This instinct of knowing his needs, of feeling even the most subtle of communications from his body?

"I don't think Lachlan would say anything," Astrid stated. It was true too, Lachlan was someone she had always trusted, she couldn't imagine him betraying her in that way.

"No, but if the Queen commands him to, he won't be able to protect us. Her compulsion will override his abilities. He's too weak." Caius replied.

"Do you think she can compel the truth from him?" It was Lena who asked the question.

"Of course - she's queen, he's practically a pup." Caius continued, "Any number of people would have seen Lachlan and I leave The Underground together tonight. When I don't come back, it'll only be a matter of time before she finds out and summons him." Caius then added, "Actually it would be best if he didn't force her to compel him - if he tells her everything, he'll be in trouble too."

"Why?" Astrid asked, tilting her face up to look at Caius'. He leant down to kiss her nose.

"Lachlan encouraged me to pursue you tonight, Astrid." Caius sighed, "If she finds that information out, he'll be in danger. And he won't have anyone to protect him, the whole clan will turn on him."

"Shit." Astrid felt panic fill her stomach, "Can't we do something?"

"The best we can do is this;" Ana interjected, "Caius, call your king, tell him everything. Astrid, call Lachlan, check he's still at the club. And if he is, tell him to go back to the Underground and inform the queen of your betrayal."

"Are you insane?"

"Getting ahead of this is the only way," Ana snapped, "If Lachlan provides the information, we minimise his being compelled and Vanessa finding about his little role in all of this mess. We can keep him safe that way."

"Okay and what if Caius' king refuses to help us? What if Lachlan is compelled anyway?"

"Then we suffer the consequences, Astrid," Ana said matter-of-factly, "That will mean you will stay under the protection of the coven until, I suppose, we fall too. I don't see how we're going to hold off the Sydney clan infinitely. But I'm not about to let you two go to them and die either. Besides, the way I see it, the Master of the City owes me a Goddess-damned favour after the shit he pulled with Lena. Maybe we can get some support through him. The wolf clan is powerful, but they'll yield to the vampires."

"I don't know if Julian will be wanting to give us favours," Lena deadpanned, "Given how you blew up a quarter of the Underground and cost him millions of dollars."

"I was right to do it!" Ana seethed, "He had no right to pimp you off."

"How many times do I have to say it: I. went. willingly." Lena then added, a small noise of frustrating tearing from her throat, "And I'm glad I did. I met the most beautiful man I've ever seen in my life, he-"