At the Wolves' Door

Story Info
A woman meets her true love.
11.2k words
4.32
13.9k
16
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Aomera slammed the hatchback camper's hood in frustration. Shit, Shit, Shit she thought. My classmates get to go to exotic places like Paris, Barcelona or Rio on summer vacation But, cheap, frugal me...I decide to take a second hand RV to LA. What else would I expect for it to breakdown ½ way to LA. naturally it has to be in the middle of nowhere Wyoming. Now let's see where the hell am I?

About ½ a mile up the highway, Aomera came across a sign. It said Pinedale 20 miles, Khnocknorae Hill 5 miles. She headed down the road towards Khnocknorae Hill. If she couldn't find a mechanic there she could probably find one in Pinedale.

About ½ hr later she arrived in Khnocknorae Hill, all sweaty with messed up hair. Luckily there was a garage. She spoke to the mechanic. His name tag said "Greg".

"Hey, Greg--my car broke down about 5 miles back. I don't know what's wrong. I was hoping you could tow it into town or at least tow it into a bigger town if you can't fix it here. I'm Aomera by the way."

"Well Aomera, I'll give you a lift in my truck back to the car and we'll see if we can find out what's wrong with it. Hop in." stated Greg.

Aindreas had been out for a run in his wolf form thinking things over. Sometimes it was hard being Alpha. For centuries now he had been on his own. He'd come back to his house with no one to greet him. No one asked him how his day was. Fellow pack members confided in their Alpha but he couldn't be intimate with anyone. His lack of confidants made him lonely. It weighed heavily on his soul. Suddenly, he smelled it. What he smelled he couldn't put into words per se.

Whatever it was smelled like clean laundry and fresh baked bread. It smelled like home and belonging. Aindreas knew that he had to explore this scent. Both his wolf form and human form were curious. So Aindreas followed it.

Down the road he spotted Greg, the mechanic in his town with a strange woman. The scent was coming from the woman. As soon as Aindreas saw Aomera, he knew that she was his. His true mate, the one he had been waiting eons for.

Aindreas knew he had to meet her. It was all he could do not to run up to her in wolf form. He couldn't scare this human woman. So he morphed into his human form and rapidly walked down the road. Aindreas' wolf was also worried that the strange woman would fall in love with Greg and run away with him. He walked briskly to make introductions.

Aindreas sent a telepathic message to Greg telling him to back the fuck off. This woman was his and his alone. He needed to spend more time with her. Greg understood. He thought it was great that his Alpha had found someone to spend time with. Aindreas had been alone for too long. Perhaps this mortal woman was his true mate?

"Uhmm, Ma'am...I mean Aomera. This RV is going to need a whole lot of repairs. It's very old. I'll probably have to order special parts. That may take a couple of days...maybe a week." Greg knew that Aindreas needed time so he was trying to buy his Alpha as much as possible.

Aomera stared up at the sky. "Shit...I'm going to LA for summer vacation...there's no way you could speed this up? Could you?" Greg nodded no.

"Hey Greg, I heard we had a lady in trouble out here. What's the 411?" Aindreas asked casually. He was fighting his inner wolf. It was all he could do not to claim this woman on sight. He needed to make her his ASAP. Not many werewolves, especially Alphas, had true mates who were mortal. Aindreas knew he'd have to work hard to make her recognize that supernatural creatures existed.

With his inner wolf demanding satisfaction, Aindreas took a deep breath and calmed it. He reminded himself that Aomera was human and wouldn't understand. It was an unfortunate complication he'd have to work around. Right now he just needed her to stay. Somehow he'd make her understand. Aindreas hoped. He was trying to bargain with fate as he drove down his inner wolf.

"Aomera, this is Aindreas, he's the mayor of our little town. Aindreas this is Aomera, she was going to go to LA for summer vacation but her RV broke down. It's going to take a couple of days, maybe a week, for me to order the RV parts. She doesn't know what to do. The lady has nowhere to stay." stated Greg.

Aomera was starving. Her stomach growled. All day she had just had an apple and a cup of coffee. She wanted to save her cash for LA. Now it appeared most of her hard-earned money would be going towards a stupid but necessary car repair. Still she needed something to eat. "I don't suppose there's a place in this little town where I could get a bite to eat?"

Aindreas's wolf leapt within him. His true mate was staying longer. He had a chance to eat with her. "There's a diner back in town, stay for lunch...it's my treat. My sister works there so I know what's good."

Aomera was hungry so she agreed. She and Aindreas hitched a ride back to Khnocknorae Hill with Greg. Aindreas was thrilled that he just got to sit next to Aomera in the back seat. He was so excited. His true mate was going on a date with him. They were together!

Unbeknownst to Aindreas, Aomera was finding him very attractive. She wanted to pin this muscular man, with unruly black hair and blue eyes to the seat. But, you couldn't do that to a stranger no matter how much you might be drawn to them.

Greg dropped them off at the diner. Aindreas opened the diner door and strode in. "Rhiannon we have a guest. I'm taking the booth by the door. Hurry up!" Aindreas wanted to eat and find out more about his beloved.

Rhiannon brought out the menus and handed one to her brother. The other went to Aomera. Aomera didn't look at the menu for long. She hated to impose on people and clearly she had troubled this kind man enough already.

"I'll have the fish sticks, fries and a water please." It was the cheapest item on the menu. Aomera shifted uncomfortably in her seat. Would her car be done soon? She should probably get going and get out of everyone's hair. Maybe she should rent a car...did she have the money to rent a car...could you rent a car in the middle of nowhere Wyoming? Aindreas smiled at her. The fish sticks weren't good enough for her.

Aindreas knew what Aomera was up to by ordering the cheapest item on the menu. She didn't want to trouble him. He was both proud and disappointed in Aomera. His true mate didn't want to bother anyone.

"She'll have my usual, I'll also have my usual." ordered Aindreas. "Right away, bro." said Rhiannon. She rolled her eyes. Her brother was such an domineering asshole of an Alpha. Everything had to be done his way. Aindreas annoyed Rhiannon. He treated everyone like they were servants. Aindreas sent her a mental note to take long but not too long. He wanted to talk to Aomera.

"Aomera is such a lovely name. It reminds me of a storm at sea. What's a lady like you driving across the country by herself? It could be dangerous, you know. You're lucky your car broke down in a small and friendly town like Khnocknorae Hill instead of a big city. We're a tight knit community, a family who look out for each other."

" I just thought I'd see the American West on my summer vacation. I only work in the college bookstore. I can't afford to go anywhere exotic. The RV locks and I always spend the night in a safe place."

Suddenly Aomera realized that she shouldn't be telling a stranger these things. He could be a psycho killer. She liked him and perhaps even trusted him. He seemed like an honest guy. But what did she know about him after all?

"I call my grandma everyday though...to check in. She's the one who encouraged me to go on this trip. Grandma helped me get the RV from one of her friends." It was a complete lie. Aomera's grandma, who had raised her, had died years ago. Aomera barely had any money. She had been sleeping in the college's library. This trip West was going to be her big adventure. It figured the used RV she'd gotten would break down.

Then the food came. Rhiannon served them to huge cheeseburgers with bacon, chilli fries and a lemonade.

"Damm, these cheeseburgers are huge...I don't know if I'll be able to finish one. Maybe I can save some of it for later. After I check on my car and see if I can get going."

Aindreas didn't want her to get going. He wanted Aomera to stay. Aindreas knew that Greg would lie about the car. Aindreas just had to keep her around. She seemed so eager to go. He just needed her to understand that they were true mates and destined to be together.

"Please stay for a while, you can at least finish your lunch. Khnocknorae Hill is having its annual summer barbeque tonight. It's always bit chilly but we have bonfires and a band. There's good food, if you'd like something in particular we can have it made. Between here and LA, there's nothing but miles upon miles of wilderness. I'd like you to be my guest, till your car gets fixed. So stay Aomera?" Aindreas begged desperately. He needed his true mate to stay.

Aomera sighed in frustration. She really didn't want to stay here in this little town. There was nothing here for her. Sure Aindreas was a great guy. He was really hot and friendly. Despite that, she wanted to get on the road and explore the American west. It was going to be her big adventure.

Still Aomera knew she wouldn't get more than a few miles tonight with the terrible weather in the mountains and all. This was a free dinner and a good free dinner not the fast food that she had been picking up on the road. What did she have to lose? The summer dance might even be fun.

"What the Hell, I'll come to your party...I'll just sleep in my RV like usual. If it's okay. I have it parked at the garage."

Aindreas nodded. He was ecstatic that his true mate was going to stay. With a little luck, she wouldn't be spending the night in her RV but with him. Still baby steps. The last thing he needed was her to be frightened off. Alot of heavy stuff was going to come Aomera's way.

Meanwhile, Greg, the mechanic, lied for his Alpha. Greg said he would have to order special parts for the RV and that it would take at least a week. Probably, more with bad weather in the mountains. Aindreas half wished that Greg wouldn't be able to repair the RV. That way Aomera would be able to permanently stay in Khnocknorae Hill. But for now, it was enough that she would spend at least a few days here.

In reality, there was no summer barbeque dance that night. But, there were benefits to being an Alpha. In a few hours, Aindreas's pack could throw together a party. Aindreas sent a telepathic message to his pack and they started getting ready for a party. They erected a tent, started on the food and assembled a band.

"Let me show you around town before we go to the barbecue tonight. It'll be fun to explore. It's always nice to walk around after you eat a big meal. Besides, Khnocknorae Hill is beautiful in the summer. Everything is growing." Aindreas was trying to spend as much time as possible with Aomera. Even his obtuse mortal side could tell she was on the verge of running. Aindreas hadn't even told her the heavy stuff yet. He also wanted to show his true mate the town which he was so proud of and governed.

"Sure I'll go with walk around town with you Aindreas. Thanks for everything Rhiannon...it was delicious. Hope to see you at the barbeque tonight. So Aindreas, what's there to see in this town? You're the mayor after all, give me the grand tour." stated Aomera. If she was stuck in the middle of nowhere she might as well make the best of things.

Aindreas beamed. He was as excited and nervous as a teenager at Prom. Aomera, his true mate, was going to spend time with him! He got to show her everything, that was his! They walked up Main Street. It was pleasant with a light breeze and the ancient trees that helped guard the town were blowing in the wind.

"We only have 248 people in this town, but we still have an emporium, garage, grocery store, boutique, school and library. Everyone mostly works on farms around here. We raise cattle mostly, some wheat, but mainly cattle."

Aomera was shy around new people. "You said you have a library? I'd love to go see it. You can find so many unique items at libraries in small towns. I just work at a bookstore at my university. We basically just have commercial stuff. There's nothing interesting in it. Let's go over to the library."

Aomera grabbed Aindreas by the hand and walked the ½ block to the library. Aindreas hadn't been in the library in awhile. They walked in on the librarian Elsie. She was knitting. Elsie was an older lady and one of the members of the pack that Aindreas seldom talked to. He had nothing against her, it's just that as Alpha he couldn't be close to everyone.

Elsie was startled when her Alpha walked through the door with a woman. A human woman no less. Aindreas telepathic sent a message that said "Don't fuck things up. Help me, impress this woman. I want to spend time with her." Elsie was happy to assist her Alpha. After all this time on his own, he deserved happiness.

"Oh hi Elsie, I'm going to be here in Khnocknorae Hill for a while, my name is Aomera. Small towns have such interesting book collections. I was wondering if you had anything unique?"

"Well, we have the books in old Irish on wolves. I'd love to show you those, Aomera. I just made some coffee, do you want a cup?" asked Elsie.

"I'll have some tea and I'd love to look at your books, Elsie but I can't read or understand Old Irish. My Irish is basically Top of the Morning and I'd like a Guinness, please."

Aindreas laughed which he quickly turned into a cough as Aomera glared at him. "Uhmm, I actually read Old Irish...I learned it long ago. Why don't you ladies sit and have your coffee while I translate for you?"

"Sounds great to me. Oh, look at that lovely book cover. Isn't that just the most beautiful wolf you've ever seen? I just want to hold him in my arms, isn't that silly? He'd probably attack me." laughed Aomera.

Aindreas beamed. The book cover was an illustration of him. She unknowingly liked him in werewolf form. This should make things easier. His true mate found him handsome. Aindreas also wanted to be held in her arms and caressed.

"That's not silly, he IS a gorgeous wolf. I can understand why you'd want to be with him. Now see, this is where Elsie is wrong. This book isn't about wolves at all. It's about werewolves or Caithemah Faolan. The last wolf in Ireland died out in 1789. But this book wasn't written till 1830." stated Aindreas. He wanted to see how Aomera would react to the werewolves. Things were uncertain and everything hung in the balance for a moment.

Aomera threw her head back and laughed. "Really, werewolves? You can't be serious? Still I've seen those words Caithemah and Faolan all over town. Does this town belong to the wolves?" Aomera continued laughing. She laughed so hard some of the coffee came out of her nose.

"Faolan is my last name and several other families are named Caithemah. So we named our businesses after them. What do you think of werewolves, Aomera?" Aindreas asked trepidatiously.

"I don't know, I've always hoped that magical things existed. When I was small I used to look for fairies everywhere. Something came and drank the cream I left out for them nightly. But, I never saw any nor have I ever felt blessed by them. Still, I hope...sometimes out of the corner of my eye, I think I see something...different and unknown...but that's just silly and now I'm babeling. So all I can say is I don't know. But, I still hope in magical things. You must think I'm crazy!" Aomera said laughing. She expected Aindreas to mock her belief that supernatural things could be possible. But, he seemed to take it in stride.

Aindreas started reading the old Irish book on werewolves. It talked about werewolves' true mates, the closeness of their families, how the Alpha was in charge and their community in general. Aomera leaned back against the sofa, poured herself another cup of coffee and took in Aindreas's appearance. He was SO attractive. She loved the soft cadence of his voice. It was so soothing...like a lover's touch.

Aindreas noticed Aomera staring and winked. Aomera smiled back at him. She wanted more for some inexplicable reason. She wanted to be with him and she didn't even know him.

"It's such a lovely story. Don't you just wish things like that were true? To be a wolf and to roam the wilderness. Also to have a true mate, who would love you forever and ever no matter what! I wish things like that were possible. It's just so enchanting. But, that's life and sadly things like that aren't real...no matter how much we might wish them. Nevermind...it's silly of me...lately I've been going off on these fantasy daydreams."

Aindreas wanted to transform right then and there and prove to Aomera that supernatural things were real. But, he knew the time wasn't right. She might hope to believe but she wasn't ready to accept that there were actually supernatural beings.

"I suppose you and Aindreas will be going to the barbeque tonight? What are you wearing? Do you have anything nice? I'm sure you could go to the salon and get something done." asked Elsie.

Aomera blushed. She didn't have anything. She'd shelled out some serious cash for a new swimsuit for LA, but she didn't have any fancy dresses. "I don't have anything to wear for the dance...if everyone is going to be dressed up."

"That's just nonsense, Aomera. I'll take you down to the boutique right now and we can get you something. They'll have something you'll look lovely in." So Aindreas and Aomera left the library and headed to the salon.

The women at the salon ushered Aindreas out much to his dismay. He wanted to be with Aomera. They kept talking about "girl time" and surprising him. Aomera told him she'd meet him later at the barbeque. The women all made a huge commotion over Aomera. They wanted Aomera to have the best since their Alpha loved her.

The women fussed over her so much. They teased and put up her hair. Aomera had to try on dress after dress all in an effort to impress Aindreas. Despite their best efforts, Aomera ended up looking like Effie Trinket from The Hunger Games. It was a look that didn't suit Aomera. Still, she summoned all her courage and went outside to meet, Aindreas.

Aindreas wanted to say something nice to her. He just couldn't figure out what.

"Uhmm, you look nice..." he stated.

"That's such bullshit...you don't have to pander to me. I know I look like an overdressed china doll. If those ladies in there weren't so set on getting me dressed up for you I wouldn't wear this at all. I'd wear something more...me. If you weren't mayor of this town and had to dress to impress people. I think you should wear something more you too." stated Aomera bluntly.

Aindreas stood and blanked. No one had ever cared about what he'd worn before. He'd always dressed to impress his pack, he needed to show them that he was the Alpha. Now here was this little woman telling him that he needed to be more "him". She cared about his feelings. This woman cared about who he was.

"Uhmm...I'll go get changed then, while you change and I'll meet you at the barbecue." stated Aindreas. He was excited to see what Aomera would wear. He went back to his house and put on jeans and a t-shirt. It wasn't fancy or fitting his statues as Alpha but it suited him.

He greeted Aomera at the barbecue. Her chestnut brown hair was down around her shoulders. Some of it floated, haphazardly in the summer breeze. Aomera had a pink zinnia tucked behind her ear. Other than that she was wearing a white shift dress and sandals. The look suited her much better. Aomera looked stunning in her simple outfit.

She held out her arm. "Ready to go? I'm starving. I hope there's something good there to eat. I haven't had anything decent in a long time. Just what I can cook up on my hot plate and that's not much."