Attack Decay Sustain Release

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She looked up, and saw that Dr. Jenny had come after all. That was a surprise, as Jen had said she'd already had plans, but the bigger surprise was that Delia had come along as well. She waved, and Delia, smiling brightly, waved back. It was her first time seeing either of them out of their scrubs, and she couldn't help but notice how nice Delia looked. She'd have to thank them later, and maybe buy Delia a drink. She'd gotten a vibe from the nurse, and this would be a good opportunity to find out more.

"Hey! Viv!"

Vivian emerged from her thoughts, and exchanged a tight-gripped handshake with the man who'd just hopped up next to the microphone. "Earl! Thanks for coming out!"

"Of course," the lead singer of Killcreek said, emphatically. "I heard your first show went really well! Glad we got back in time for this one! How're you doing?"

"A lot better," she said, nodding. "Yeah. Really good. How was the tour?"

"Fucking awesome," he said. "We were selling out clubs up and down the coast. It was great!"

"That's badass, man," she said. "God, it feels so good to be back up on a stage."

"I can tell! You look great!"

"Thanks!"

Earl licked his lips, and moved in a little close. "So, hey. You know how you were asking around? About... about Lucia?"

Vivian's stomach lurched. "Yeah?"

"So we're up in Olympia last week, and—Do you remember Razorback?"

"Yeah?"

"They opened up for us last week up in Olympia, at the Octopus Lounge. I'm talking to their singer, and he starts telling me about how, I guess it was like two weeks before that? They're playing a show down in LA, and after the show was over Lucia just... walked backstage."

She blurted, "She's in Los Angeles?"

"Walked in, shook some hands, and then poof. Right back out again. Does she even know those guys?

"A little," Vivian said, unable to hide the consternation. "We... um... Huh."

"You want to know what I think?"

Vivian nodded.

"I think she thought that it'd get back to you. You know? Poked her head out just enough. Razorback plays with enough bands up and down the coast that it was just a matter of time, but what the hell is she doing way down there?"

"She's got family in LA," she said softly.

"Well that's good. Maybe they can look out for her."

"Yeah," Vivian said. "Maybe."

"Sorry to hit you with that, but I thought you'd want to know. You gonna be okay tonight?"

"Yeah," she said, exhaling slowly. "Yeah, she's okay." A big chunk of weight fell off of her shoulders. It had been a hard realization that she wasn't responsible for Lucia, and to some extent she was still grappling with the idea. She nodded more emphatically, and said, "Thanks, man."

"Any time." They traded grips again, and he smiled broadly. "We're all here tonight, yeah? Can't wait to see the show!"

Vivian nodded, and peered out into the house. It wasn't hard to trace the direction he was going and look a little farther out to find the rest of Killcreek standing around one of the high tops. Several of them saw her looking and saluted her with their beers, and she waved right back.

And then, just behind them, Vivian spotted another face she hadn't expected to see. Her father had never been to any of her shows. Ever. Not with Insanity Hall, or any of the myriad of short-lived bands she'd been in before that. He didn't see her looking, and she still had work to do, but she made going down to see him priority number one once the show was done.

Then she'd buy Delia a drink.

The assistant manager of the club gave her a quick hand signal, letting her know she had five minutes, and she nodded. As she looked out at the crowd, and felt that energy, Vivian smiled, and that was the first time she'd smiled in as long as she could remember.

1...345678