Aurora, Wayward Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As to your society, I do not know how that will play out. Spend some time reading up on the Alien Alliance as you have a lot of social issues that have to be addressed. Like the elimination of slavery."

He groaned, "That only happens in war."

Astra nodded, "Even then it is a taboo subject as they want it eliminated. Your people are at war a lot. Things to consider. They have that data. You may have years before they are ready. Do not force the hybrid thing. Only ask about it once you know if they and you are compatible.

100 years is a long time together; 800 years is an enormous amount of time together. I know she is hearing this, but I have 5,000 years of experience in this arena. No sense in repeating the mistakes of the past."

He nodded, "Alright. Thank you, for the help."

She nodded, "You are welcome." She ended the call.

He shook his head, "Got 2 AI units trying to help me."

He heard Aurora is his head, * I know I was pushy. You do not have marriage and you might not stay together romantically. If you make them hybrids, they will be with you for a long time. Even if they are fucking someone else or you are fucking someone else, which is still expected. *

He dressed and the comms AI waved him down, "You have an incoming communication being relayed to you by unknown means."

He sat down and opened comms. It was the governor of Gresan, the new one Amanna Freeden. She sighed out loud, "The Drakor happen to be relaying this call. They contacted me a few minutes ago. They said you selected the 5 representatives but also arrested the Captain and 2 of the candidates on the Drisen Battleship. They said I should talk to you about that.

I was shocked they contacted me directly. It was a text message sent in, they stated they have no vocal cords for oral communication but can hear verbal exchanges. Interesting revelation. We were in the Governors' meeting when the message came in. Said I should talk with you immediately. My aid pulled me out of the meeting."

Rocan sighed, "They rigged all of the AI units they returned into bombs. We are currently clearing them of the excess explosive material and the sulfur they added. Three of them blatantly knew including the Captain and 2 on their list.

We both know we were at war with them and their governor started it. Eliminating a 'War Hero' would still be a boon for him, even a retired one. They know neither of us is in a position to wage a protracted war. Not after the invasion destroyed so many ships.

I know their governor hates my guts; who do you think launched that attack at the armistice 10 years ago. He was an Admiral back then. We all got alerted and I found I was closest. We had a spy in their delegation. I approached as it ignited. I turned my craft and blocked it. It took out my right-wing and about half of my cockpit.

I still managed to get it to a shuttle deck; more of a crash into the shuttle deck. I spent over a year in the hospital undergoing surgery and another year proving myself all over again to get back into a fighter. It was supposed to be their next-generation ship killer. After I took it out with a fighter it got scrapped.

I have been reading about Caldar. The former Governor of Gresan and a military Admiral aboard one of those battleships were Caldar. It was likely they were the cause of many wars. It was what they did. Played three sides against each other."

Amanna sighed, "How do you intend to resolve this with the crew you selected?"

He laughed, "If Aurora has her way, she wants me to mate with all 5 of them and start turning some of them into hybrids. I can make 3 initially. More eventually, part of that the Drakor asked me to keep classified."

She nodded, "Good! Fuck them all but keep an eye on them. As to hybrids, we are really worried about that. Why make them hybrids?"

He sat back, "Astra, Aurora's counterpart, said to take that slow. There are requirements for swords in there. Becoming one with the sword. Finding those who meet that qualification would limit those who become hybrids. All of the women in the team seem to be open or interested in at least trying male companionship. All enjoy female companionship.

I read in the file that I could control the number of offspring, fix some fertility issues, and even help to determine the sex of the children while they conceive. From what history I got humans had an 8 to 1 female population issue thanks to the Caldar. We have 12 to 1 and having a lot of male children might help to correct our imbalance."

The Governor nodded, "Another reason to have hybrids. I am adding it to the list. I am your strongest advocate at the moment; you are from my colony, a hero, and might sexy again now that they fixed you up."

He smiled, "I get back from this and I will ensure that you get some children from this as well if you wish. Aurora is collecting samples for a sperm bank. I could do the honors myself as well."

The Governor laughed, "Someone is in a playful mood."

He nodded, "Aurora's doing. She has been getting me back into having a sex life. She wants this to succeed. I was going over the Alien Alliance section. There are some races who would look to push their way into the system for that mineral. They would not like the humans controlling it all. We are ill-equipped to stop them."

She nodded, "Taking notes and I will review those files."

He sat back for a second, "The hybrid laws, outlawing slavery even in war, and getting acceptance of hybrids are a lot of hurdles. Add being invaded over and over again by a hundred alien races and we know we cannot hold the system. We are at a major technical disadvantage.

Putting the security of the system into hybrid hands and our hybrids protecting our colonies is a start but even their Home Guard is not all hybrids. I got a message on the hybrid council and they have around 2,000 hybrids after 5,000 years. They never want to be seen as a threat to their own people.

At the same time, they have to be capable enough to handle outside threats. Also, to move those large ships; those can only be used by hybrids to travel great distances. Our getting through this graduation will take time. We will need their support if we are to survive these early stages. I do not see an alternative."

She sighed and sat back in her chair, "Some governors have decided to take their arsenal of bombs and relocate them to the now closed and guarded mining sites. They are threatening obliteration of the entire system if we get invaded. We may need help sooner rather than later. Can you talk to this human hybrid? See what he can do? Even informally?"

Rocan nodded, "I can talk with him. I will send word back with our ship in an encrypted file using one of the Zanda ciphers assigned to me from my military days. You should be able to get it decoded easily enough. I am sorry about getting thrown into the spotlight as a new governor like that, but I am proud of Aurora for finding the problem and taking care of the intruders."

Amanna sat forward, "You were always a handsome and charming man when we went to school together. I cannot say I did not think of you fathering some of my children. I will talk it over with Rosa when it gets closer to your return. You might have two to do personally."

She smiled and let the comms die. He sat back and sighed, "I am going to be one popular breeding stud it seems."

Aurora laughed in his head, * Oh yes you are. I am going to see to that. *

He rolled his eyes and contacted the Admiral, "I am en route back to you. I have asked the other 5 ships to hold for a day or two to send any communications back but I would like to meet with you personally."

Johnathan looked perplexed, "Alright, Astra said you got a highly encrypted communication from a Drakor transponder which is very unusual."

He nodded, "Just the subject I wanted to touch upon."

---

20 hours later and he was docked. He looked over his new crew, "Each of you has your own room and then there is mine. Aurora will show you the ship and give you a tour of operations and restricted areas. We have one human coming aboard.

She wants to learn more about us, but our first encounter was rather confrontational. Do not leave the ship as we will be docked in the Colossus named Camelot and your appearance will stand out.

I have asked for a couple of their doctors to come aboard and give you each a full physical and determine what can be fixed by the medical bay they have installed on this ship, what can be fixed by my blood, and what could be fixed by becoming hybrids.

I can only make 3 of them and as you will be with me for the next couple of months you are the first candidates to be evaluated. I will return shortly."

He left abruptly and Aurora handed them each a pad, "Questionnaires to be filled out, list past medical issues, know defects if you have them, and then personal questions in regards to self-defense and weapons training. We will have a minimal crew aboard these ships so being able to defend yourselves will come in handy.

I will set up a training dojo, which is a training and sparing area if you will, in the shuttle bay. Starting with sword training. Guns are nice but the wrong ones can damage the hull. All communication is running through the communications AI on this ship. There is no privacy going back to your respective governments in that regard.

All outgoing communication has to be approved as this is a joint investigation of a new system in which to relocate your people. You have all been exposed, your entire lives, to the poison from the metal jewelry you are wearing. I suggest removing it and turning it over to the AI units to be repurposed into something non-harmful to you.

Rocan is in charge and I am in charge of all the AI units working for him. He has not assigned any crew ranks or the like and he has not discussed those with me. For now, you are all a part of the Penan crew, or human crew I am assigned to help protect."

She left them in the makeshift conference room. They all looked at each other, sat down and went to work answering the questions.

---

Rocan had both Becca and Johnathan in the meeting. He relayed the concerns to them. Johnathan was quite while Becca about blew a gasket, "They are willing to blow up their own world? Potentially the entire system to stave off an invasion?!"

He nodded, "Yes! It is up to you to warn these other races that they are taking these precautions because of the attempt that has already been made by humanity and the fact that hundreds of alien races may try and make a claim here."

Johnathan opened up a comms channel, "How many Dreadnoughts can we get with their crews into this area in the next 2 days without interrupting ongoing colony support efforts?"

He saw the council members looking through their lists. Each had a region they watched over. Finally, Astra answered for them, "We pull the 6 out of Incar and post them along the borders, bring yours into play makes 7. We spread out the battleships, cruisers, and destroyers in each group and we get two others on standby to jump into the area of any confrontation.

We can set up perimeter satellites to help with this but they would have to be next-generation technology. Stuff still on the drawing board to get all of the latest stealth detection devices in place. Our ships have gathered sensor reading and ways to detect them. We just do not have them in satellites yet. We would also have to put some monitors inside the system."

He reached over and brought up the lead Judge on the World Court. He looked at the man, "Has the Terran government asked for a review of the criminal proceedings on the Pena system yet?"

The Judge shook his head, "No they have not."

Johnathan sighed, "I am opening a petition right now to void those sections under that ruling dealing with where the Human Hybrids can go."

The Judge looked perplexed, "You want to undo a 5,000year-old verdict?"

Johnathan nodded, "Yes, it is about justice. A core part of that agreement was giving the penal colony a place without alien influence. Humanity, civilian 'civilized' humanity has broken that. The fact that the system they were given is poisoning the population is a problem. We want to set up sensors inside the area to monitor for outside alien influences like the Caldar that they already found living among them. Thanks to our Terran AI units that they captured."

The Judge sighed and looked it over, "Until the Terran government forms the request I cannot change the ruling. You would be in violation of the treaty if you enter the area."

Johnathan shook his head, "No. I would not. The terms of the agreement were no Hybrids would enter. We can send in ships with no hybrids aboard to establish our network if needed. You can tell whomever it is that is slow rolling your taking action on this that within 48 hours we will have the exterior border of the system and internal monitors within the system in place.

Hybrids are barred from forming a treaty but the Home Guard could create one with our human leadership taking the lead role in the matter in order to ensure the security of this system. That will prevent any material mined, processed, or factories in place, from generating AI units outside of Home Guard control while sticking to the narrow words of the agreement that no hybrids would enter the system or provide aid."

The Judge sat back and looked at the request, "I will speak with the Attorney General on this. I think they would want to be involved in that kind of decision. Give me an hour."

Johnathan nodded at him. He called in Admiral Franklin. He looked at him, "I want you to pull all hybrids from your ships and reassign them to my dreadnaught. I need you to volunteer if you are willing. I would need for you and all ships under you to take on a mission inside the Pena system."

He nodded, "If it will help the Home Guard as a whole and humanity as a whole, I would work to support that role."

Johnathan nodded, "You will escort the 5 ships back and set up monitoring satellites within the system to detect stealth ships. This is a message to the governors and a limited-term treaty with the humans within the Home Guard without the hybrids being involved.

Let them know this is until they come to a decision. You're there to aid in monitoring and addressing aliens from influencing their internal decisions. A shield to watch over the system. A means by which we buy them time. An attempt to defuse some of the pressure being placed upon them by all of these revelations.

This is the only way we can work to ensure they are not invaded by the hundred-plus alien forces that are aware of the mineral cache they are sitting upon. Hybrid fleets are taking up an external border security line around the exterior of the systems about 1-2 days of their system drive travel speeds out.

You will have to explain wormhole technology and just because human hybrids are barred does not mean other races hybrids are barred from entering the system using a wormhole drive or something similar."

Becca looked over, "Out of a hundred plus members of the council only four or five might make an attempt like that. Still, it is something worth considering."

Johnathan thought out, * Justice Incarnate, you monitor your hybrids in the council member races. How high is the likelihood that one of them if not more would try an attack on these people before the rules are in place? *

He heard back as did Becca, * I cannot confirm races or numbers in accordance with the Alien Alliance, but the threat is real. From more than you would suspect. *

Johnathan thought to Astra, * Check for any increase in traffic between our AI manufactures and other alliance races. Especially since the fall of the President. *

She thought back to Johnathan, * I cannot give exact numbers but my best guess is a 10,000% increase to every alliance race from every AI manufacturing company. In some cases, starting initial dialogs they have never had before. Not just Terran AI manufacturers. They all seem to want to get in on the action. *

Becca rolled her eyes as she listened in on the answer. She got on a separate channel with the Alien Alliance, she had her holographic image transmitted to them. She looked across the assembled crowd. She bowed to them. "Honored members of the Council. I am here to bring you an update on the Pena system. First, the human civilians have been recovered. Second, the local inhabitants have taken a precautionary measure.

To ensure that if any of their worlds are attacked their bomb caches made of this precious metal would be set off within the planetary mines and asteroid fields around the system. This could turn the entire system into a Supernova. A group of the Human Home Guard, ships with no hybrids, will be entering the system momentarily.

They will set up an internal monitoring network to ensure nobody jumps into the system. While our Hybrid Home Guard fleet, you know I won't give exact numbers, will be patrolling the outer border of this system to ensure there is no encroachment into this area.

Our hybrids are prevented from entering the area and entering into negotiations for support if requested. In this case, the Hybrids are protecting the border of this system, in accordance with the guidelines of the existing treaty to ensure they are not being hit by undo alien influence. A point placed in the treaty of what they wanted 5,000 years ago.

We now know this has not happened, they are technologically outmatched by most alien races, and given the mineral caches involved here, we do not want to see this situation escalate into a war that destroys this system. The local planetary governors are reviewing the proposal put forth to them to put guardianship of the system over to the human Home Guard.

To ensure no race who does not have a Home Guard treaty in line with ours would be allowed to mine from this system. The system is a powder keg waiting to explode. The presence of sulfur and oxygen atmospheres on these worlds make all of them potential life-ending catastrophes.

All mining in the system is coming to a halt because of the threat these materials make for the inhabitants. We know AI manufacturers from just about every race have been making inquiries on this system since the death of the human President.

This is our fair warning. While the hybrids are barred by treaty, currently this is under review as well, the humans in the Home Guards are taking decisive action to help safeguard their human brethren in this system. Any act of aggression will be dealt with in kind. Humans violated this treaty and humans are working to correct the mistakes made. Any actions that occur will also be reported back here.

This will be the first deployment of the Achilles monitoring network, a prototype that has not been patented openly. At least formally and known to all member races. It does have silent patents that will come into play if anyone challenges them. All stealth ships found in the system will automatically be assumed to be up to nefarious activities and addressed accordingly.

Any questions on this activity should be addressed to Admiral Franklin who will be in command of this effort. Any questions on the border Security should be sent to Johnathan Travus. Any complaints about either group should be sent to me. You all know how I feel about complaints if they are ill-founded. In compliance with Alien Alliance rules, you have all been warned about this buildup of military activity over this extremely troubling hotspot."

She ended the transmission. Johnathan shook his head, "I guess I got to go through the monitoring software and put enough upgrades into it now to make this Achilles Monitoring network you told them about factual?"