Avarice Desperation Valley Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

With all this came the obvious problems, he dare not go to the fire now at night. Food would become an issue also, and he was already hungry. Bennett always saw that he got his share, though when the big man went away that was an entirely different matter. Sure Carlos could steal some, and he may have to resort to that yet. If he was caught though Sven would have his excuse for savage retribution.

Reaching down, digging into the sand he unearthed a weighty length of solid metal bar. Hidden here for just such an occasion. It wasn't much, but better than nothing, if trouble came they would find him waiting, and ready. Well, nothing more he could do this night. The cold was coming in now, and he would get no meal. He might as well curl up in the warmth and safety of the hut. Hefting his corroded weapon he went inside closing the door, its hinges screaming their protest as he did so. Then sliding the heavy metal bolt home for added security. He undressed and crawled into the furs, stomach rumbling loudly, the crude heavy weapon a comfort by his side.

Always her work began at the first hint of light. The first to rise, the last to sleep, most always. Fire to rekindle, food to prepare, water to carry. These and many other endless domestic tasks filled her every day with a comforting sort of monotony, and security of a kind. Raissa was not entirely unhappy with her lot, after all she was protected and looked after. Things could be a lot worse than here she mused, as she placed the first twigs on the dying embers. She pulled the blanket she used as a cape, closer about her shoulders.

Bitterly cold this morning, but it will warm up soon enough she thought. At once the dry tinder roared into life bathing her pretty features and blonde hair in rare golden light. Smiling to herself she was very happy this particular morning, concentrating on getting all her chores over so she could slip away later in the day. How long had it been since the last time? Not that long, not more than a few days, but it had seemed like weeks.

Today though she would lie in the bliss of her true love's strong embrace. On went the larger wood to feed the hungry flames, her other hand straying to touch her belly to commune with the nascent life growing there. For some time now she had known about the baby, but as of yet she had told no one, even the clucky Lucy. Preferring instead to keep her little secret, just for the present.

It would be his of that she had convinced herself. Though in reality the child could have been sired by many here. Raissa in truth had little choice upon who she bestowed her sexual favors, just like she had little choice in anything else. Yet she loved to dream, and dream she did, her heart today well and truly soaring to lofty heights in this difficult place.

Now the fire was going strongly she would prepare some food, determined to slip something to her beloved now that Bennett had gone away. She had missed coyly gazing at him last night by the fire, but understood that it was probably for the best that he had stayed away. However she would see to it that he did not starve, and there was that weedy new guy that she had patched up also. Not much to look at that was for sure, too skinny, and going bald. Unlike Carlos, her handsome love, she couldn't get him out of her head. Even when that big unimaginative oaf Sven was taking her, she would close her eyes and pretend it was her love there instead.

The sun's first lemon rays were just breaking through, highlighting the frost, white on the ground. Not a soul stirred. The only sound the crackling of the fire, hungry for the bone dry wood, and the distant muffled sounds of men's dreamy slumber. Placing the large pot of stew to warm on the fire she left its circle of inviting warmth to journey barefoot to the well. The red sand cold between her toes. She would draw the day's water, and see if Lucy was awake.

When suddenly as she reached the cave's edge her eyes widened in disbelief at what she saw lying there, half concealed in the sand. A small knife, wickedly sharp, with a very pointed end. Perhaps dropped by a careless, drunken warrior, he would not miss a small utility blade? The seeds of an idea were sown in Raissa's mind. It was a risky action she knew, if she was discovered with this she would surely suffer greatly, but then it was almost a gift from God wasn't it? Quickly she bent down and secreted it in her cloak, all the while very aware to spy if anyone had noticed. Her heart was racing furiously a loud pounding in her chest, but she was positive that she had not been watched. A sense of real delight and excitement coursed through her. Today, oh yes today, she would have much to tell her love!

Carlos slept the restless sleep of the hunted and the hungry, lying wide awake through the majority of the night's long painful hours, acutely analyzing every sound. Finally succumbing to tiredness at dawn, and deeper sleep. Not until much later when the sun was high in the sky did he awaken, the heat of the day forcing him from his bed at last. He dressed and washed, then surveyed the camp outside at once noting that Raissa had left some rabbit stew. Gratefully he ate, as always food tasted just so good, and Raissa was good to him he knew. Guilt at not feeling love again surging in his troubled thoughts.

It was then he also noticed that the red jerry can had been placed innocently nearby. Filled with water freshly drawn from the well. Good he thought, it would be today, a welcome release and distraction from the boredom of the last few days. So he passed the remainder of the morning doing little and keeping out of sight, until it was time to rendezvous for their secret tryst.

Heat again ruled the day but not with such savageness, still Carlos' skin glistened with sweat as he made his way to the west end of the valley. As was usual none had appeared to notice him, and he prayed that Raissa did the same. He sat down to wait in the secluded little cave, not much more than a mere overhang in the rock's uneven face. Its entrance being covered in thick scrub providing both cover and seclusion. They had been meeting here now for quite some time. Today that would all change he ruminated, thinking of the cavern, thoughts interrupted by the sound of softly approaching feet.

Raissa instantly threw herself into his muscular embrace, kissing him hotly, feeling him respond in kind. His roughly shaven stubble burning into her soft skin, as she delighted in his well made body and his delicious male scent. Never was she more happy then in these stolen moments of their shared bliss, if only it could be this way every day? It took some moments before Carlos could manage to get out. "Not here, I have something special to show you first," and with that leading the astonished and lustful Raissa from their hiding place to somewhere that lie beyond.

"Where are we going?"

"You will love this." Came his simple statement.

They pulled up just as suddenly at a hole in the stony cliff, it looked rather dark and uninviting to Raissa's way of thinking.

"I'm not going in there!" she said incredulously. "There could be anything in there........."

"Trust me." Carlos replied, excitement apparent in his tone. "I'll go first, you follow."

"No way!" she blurted out.

"It's quite safe, I've been here yesterday, come on," and with that he went scrambling headlong into the small fissure, leaving Raissa quite alone.

Oh well here goes! She steeled herself ready for the spiders and other nameless horrors that she was certain she would encounter within. At least being small the entrance was not nearly so claustrophobic, and in no time at all found herself in the most beautiful high vaulted chamber.

Raissa stood and stared all about her in silent awe of what her love had found, realizing fully the ramifications of having such a place to call their own. She was also acutely aware of his warm solid presence at her back, strong arms encircling her, and his steady impassioned breath mirrored by the rhythmic beating of his heart. Carlos could tell that she was pleased with this new discovery, and he breathed deeply of her musky feminine scent. His dark hair mingling with her lightness, as he bent forward to bite the tenderness of her neck. He could feel his sex quicken to their every touch coupled with Raissa's eagerness and wanting.

With all the energy and passion of youth he took her quickly then, almost savagely, delighting in her cries and surprised squeals as Raissa writhed in ecstasy and helplessness beneath him. Unconscious signals from her body urging him onward, lost in a sea of exquisite sensory delights, until the waves of his release broke upon its rocky shore.

They lay there then for quite sometime in panting sweating bliss, bodies entwined, the hard cool stone at their backs. They did not speak, communing only in caressing touches as they explored fully the wonder of each other's fascinating differences. All this time thoughts were tumbling madly through Raissa's head, some good, some bad, and others quite unrealistic. In some ways she still felt a nagging dissatisfaction, and at times a little fear as well.

There were episodes during their lovemaking when her lover seemed all too distant, and unmindfully savage in his intensity. She would feel afraid then, realizing with a start that she did not know him as he hurt her, and her love's soul would manifest a place of darker deeds. So it was that Raissa could sense his dark potential, probably more truly than Carlos could himself. He's good she admitted but he's always in a hurry, it's almost over before we even start. Still she reflected men in general were all similar when it came to the art of love, rarely taking the time needed to truly pleasure a woman. She would definitely teach him how when they had run away together. In her mind she could already see the little house that Carlos would build, and their baby nestled lovingly in her arms.

Full of this perfect vision of contentment Raissa pushed her doubts and fears aside, nuzzling further into his warmth she sighed, luxuriating in his touch. Her limpid honeyed eyes progressed toward his neck to sight the gold chain there, and the curious ring threaded on its length. It looked very old, antique most certainly, it surely must be very valuable, and the eyes of the dragons, well they had to be real rubies set in solid gold. Never ever had she seen such a beautiful thing, and it amazed her that he had managed to keep it all this time.

"Why don't you wear it on your finger?" Raissa asked with all innocence. Carlos looked at her levelly and replied.

"I like it better here." Not really wanting to talk about his father's strange inheritance gift. Besides he was quite positive that if he had of worn it that way, one of the more ambitious warriors would have severed his finger to get it long ago. This way he knew it was safe, protected by its strange inexplicable powers. Powers that bothered him and he wished he could further understand.

They sat close together in silence then for quite sometime. Raissa gently combing the tangles from his long black mane as she often did until it shone. All the while admiring his every feature, as he admired hers. Before too long passion rose in him again, this time less urgent, less hurried and for Raissa more satisfying then before.

Carlos deliciously spent, looked down on her as she lay beneath him her gold hair tumbling wildly over the hard unyielding stone. Yes, indeed little Raissa was a golden prize and today she seemed somehow even more radiant then before. "This is a special place, it feels so safe here." She stated dreamily.

"Mmmmm....." He replied half asleep. So taking her cue from him she again snuggled down by his side reveling in the warm embrace of her love. His strong fingers still wandering over her smooth tawny skin, eagerly exploring her every sensuous curve. It was time, time to tell, yes he will be pleased Raissa considered as she reached searchingly into the folds of her long ago discarded cape. At once her questing fingers met with the cold steel blade, and then the sturdy wooden handle, as she loosened the knife from its hiding place.

"I have something for you?" Was all she said as she presented the little weapon to her beloved, waiting for his approval.

The sight of the blade scored through Carlos' vision. Its gleaming sharpness at once conjuring images of the spurting blood of enemies. Crashing into his consciousness the thought that Raissa had indeed taken a massive risk, and wishing all at once that she had not. He knew what this represented, in her lucid eyes he could see the unmistakable signs of the love she carried there, and he cringed inwardly knowing that it would never truly be reciprocated. Raissa sensed his hesitation, though she did not know what it meant. So in the absence of the appropriate words she just held him then. Clutching him to her like she had no tomorrow. Carlos all the while in dumbstruck awe, the walls and confines of commitment closing about his soul.

Unknown to them both Selene's scrutinizing gaze had observed all from the seclusion of her perch high above. Waiting, watching, always from afar. Seeing all and missing nothing. Patiently awaiting the time she knew must come.

12