Avarice Desperation Valley Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lengthy was the time Sven waited, observing all from his concealment. He watched Carlos enter Bennett's cabin, though what he did there he could not ascertain from his present vantage point. Sven would return to look later, keen senses telling him the lad had hidden something. He waited for Carlos to leave and when he finally did, Sven was able to break his cover. He would interview Raissa first and extract from her all the sordid details, grinning from ear to ear at the thought.

Raissa could barely recall her walk back to the camp that day, thorns had torn at her skin and clothes, tears unashamedly flowed blurring her vision. However the real wound was in her heart. How could he have done it? The young woman was both furious and incredulous that Carlos was prepared to leave her behind. She would never have done the same, her love and honor would not let her. She felt cheated, he had only used me just like all the others had! Why wasn't I clever enough to see it? She caned herself for her stupidity, over and over, vowing that she would not fall for such duplicities ever again.

She would tell no one of his impending escape though, Raissa was not that vindictive. If Carlos was determined to go it alone she would be no obstacle to his freedom. Better he was gone too, for the pain of love would tear at her every time he was in her sight. Yes, better this way, I hope he goes real soon and I see him no more, came the jilted woman's thoughts.

Pausing on the verge of the camp she took some moments to compose herself. For quite sometime she sat on a large rock obscured by bush, legs drawn up under her chin, staring up into the now menacing, thunderous southern sky. It would take some time to feel better, but in a few short months her baby would come, and with it healing and new hope. She could move forward then, and forget him once and for all.

12