All Comments on 'B.A.B. (Bare Ass Beach)'

by RoperTrace

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AlwaystabooAlwaystabooover 2 years ago
Beautifully written

Tells a coming of age story as the country transformed from innocence to civil unrest.

Except -irst paragraph says town of 900, on second page when talking about railroads city of " thirty thousand, give or take a few thousand. For me ruined what appeared to be realistic story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved this story! I went to LVC back in the early 1970s and never had the guts to go swimming in a quarry but used to hang out by a few plus Indiantown Gap was only a few miles from the campus!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The story is very well written, but a little slow toward the action, like things were back then. Anyway, I liked it a lot and am a veteran of several 1960s National Guard summer camps at IGMR, "The Gap." The setting in time seemed very realistic, too.

Well done. A five of course.

T

RoperTraceRoperTraceover 2 years agoAuthor

@Alwaystaboo, please reconsider, see passages from page 1 below:

--The Dixie was a drive-in restaurant, on the outskirts of the city, that bordered our town. --

--I dropped the shifter into first gear, released the clutch and pulled away from the curb, and headed towards town.-- We called the small city, which was exactly one-half mile from our smaller town's border, the 'town'.--

It's exactly as I stated, and I was afraid it would be confusing, and should have just said it was one town. It's a small town of 900 where's its border is about a half mile from the city of 30,000. Thanks for your comment, RT

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Skinny dipping with cousins. My cousin and I would often visit the farm of one of our Aunt and Uncle. As 13- 14 year Olds we spent many days walking the creek and fields. When I was there alone I would often take off my clothes and swim in one of the deeper pools. A few days later my cousin and her mom, my aunt showed up. And she was dropped of for a summer visit. When she,my cousin found out that I was "some where down by the creek" she headed out to look for me. She found me in the water. And promptly took my clothes. And teasing my about it. After a while I just said the heck with it and got out of the water. And started to chase her to get my clothes back. We ended up on the edge of a dirt road with me standing there naked. It didn't really register with me till she started to giggle. Then she handed my clothes back to me. And started to walk back to where I was swimming. Like a jerk I just followed her carrying my clothes. Once we got there she undressed to her underwear jumped into the water and asked if I was going to come back in. I dropped my clothes in a pile and walked back in. That summer the two of use ended up skinny dipping every chance that we got. Many years later our aunt made a comment about us skinny dipping all of the time. Our aunt and uncle never once said anything to us about...but some how they knew. Over the years the two of us kind of lost contact with each other. We both moved a number of times over the years and just lost contact.

76fellow4876fellow48over 2 years ago

The story reminded me of the goings on back then. Went night swimming with a couple of buddies (Army) and a gal, visiting one of them from Indiana. Of course, we all went BA into the waters. Unfortunately, she got too close to a jelly-fish and got stung on her breasts. We were prepared to do first-aid and managed to ease her pain. One of the guys joked about that jelly-fish being a breast man. She laughed and said that she hoped that he would meet the cock man of the group. (Ouch! Just thinking about that.)

Re: town vs city designations. I completely understand them. The "town" was one's neck of the woods. "City" was the region, usually around a center of employment, where many drove in to work. Chicago was both town and city to me.

The story was well written. It is a vignette of a larger story, as seen by the epilogue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So did you end up staying with Faye?

Djmac1031Djmac1031over 2 years ago

Loved this story. Actually read it awhile ago and realized I never rated or commented, so... 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Not much of a epilog

What happened to Tom???

RoperTraceRoperTraceover 1 year agoAuthor

Anon, I've been working on part II of this story, Unfortunately, life has intervened with wife's disability, and now my elderly sister has early stage dementia. I'm her only living family within 150 miles. On a good note, it's over 20,000 words, and I'll make the effort to finish it by year's end. Thank you for your interest.

OseekerOseeker5 days ago

I really really enjoyed this story. It took me back to the year I had sex for the first time at 19.

Descriptions of cars & the times took me back to my own memories.

I didn't have a quarry though, or a cute cousin like Becky.

This story was realistic & I felt well wirth 5 stars for its honesty.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRoperTrace@RoperTrace
Retired gentleman. I enjoy writing and reading erotica. My stories often draw from real life experiences and my characters are mostly, real people I have known. http://twitter.com/roper_trace

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES