Band of Brothers

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I grabbed him and pulled myself into his chest. I truly loved him and he truly loved me. But his arrangement with his buddies regarding sex was not something I could live with. But, how can we walk away from this beautiful, loving relationship? I wanted to be his wife and bear his children. I respected and loved all of the other men, but I couldn't imagine jumping in bed with all of them. I saw no happy solution, so I kissed him goodnight and went back home to try to think clearly.

The next day I was scatter-brained at work. My boss was confused when she asked for the last month's purchases list and I handed her a list of people in my department. I was embarrassed and told her I was sick and went home. But sitting around home made me dwell on the problem with Dave. I could see how he was torn between his love for me and his love for his "brothers". He felt very strong obligations to both and it seemed he would have to end one of his loves -- and suffer terribly forever after.

After considering his terrible choices, I thought about my own. I could stand by my own sexual mores to feel comfortable with myself, but then make myself totally miserable when I lost Dave. The thought of leaving him forever was unbearable.

My other choice was to open my mind, and my values -- and my legs -- and perform what I considered a forbidden act. If I could accept giving myself to the other 4 guys, repeatedly, then I could keep my one true lover in my life. Thinking of all the options that way made my choice obvious.

I drove over to Dave's place and rang the bell, though I had been walking through that door for months. He was surprised, and pleased, and frightened by my presence. "We need to talk" I stated. We retired to the living room and Dave poured drinks for both of us. He was very tense. He knew I might be there to say goodbye -- but prayed there was another option. I was also tense since I was about to compromise a deeply help value.

"Dave, you know that I love you and have since the moment we met. Just the thought of leaving you causes so much pain that I can't begin to imagine what actually leaving would do to me. And I know that you feel the same. This is a very difficult decision for me. So I want to understand the details of what you mean by 'we share our women'. Will you explain it all right now?"

His pleased smile at my first sentences morphed into a grim face full of concern. The he steeled himself to explain the details of the group's relationships -- knowing I wouldn't like them.

"OK, I will tell you everything so you can understand what you would have to agree with. The group gets together once a month up at the lake cabin. You were there a few times and saw how relaxed and enjoyable those days can be. But in the evening there is a schedule where the men make love with their wife or partner for about 30 minutes. Then a chime sounds and all of the husbands switch to the next bedroom and make love with the woman there. The chime sounds again each 30 minutes until all of the men have had sex with all of the women."

At that point I was struggling to maintain my composure as Dave described what I would call an orgy. My memories of nights at the cabin came flooding back -- especially the moaning and screaming in the night. It went on for such a long time because each person greeted a new partner every 30 minutes. I was offended by the immorality of the plan, but it also made me realize that all of the participants happily anticipated and joyfully participated in the orgy. I was the only one with hang-ups.

Dave continued, "I always took you to bed early there so we wouldn't interfere with the evening's main event. But I hope that you can see that everyone was there willingly and enthusiastically. It is a wonderful night of sharing among friends and provides great sexual release for all participants. We're not perverts, or sluts or whores. We are a very close group of brothers and their wives, you could even call it a family."

I digested the new information and visualized the men hopping from bed to bed. I imagined what it was like for the women to make love with one man, then welcome another into her bed. My morals objected to the scene, but another part of me was intrigued by the vision of several lovers and continuous sex for over 2 hours. But that brought me to another question.

"What about you Dave? You haven't had a wife to share with the group. There are 5 men and only 4 women. How do you reconcile that with your brothers?"

"That's been a problem from the beginning." Dave said. "We started this when there were only 3 wives and we began to realize the potential for sexual jealousy among us. So the 5 of us slept with Rosemary, Esther and Emily for over 2 years. During the night each man had to sit out 2 sessions. Then Cecily joined the group last year and the odds improved. Now each man has to only sit out one session. If I bring a woman into this we will all participate to the fullest."

"So, you have slept with all 4 of the women -- multiple times? Have you been doing that while we were dating and screwing?"

Dave looked offended. "No, I have always dropped out of the monthly meetings when I was dating someone. Just like I didn't participate when I took you up there. I feel an obligation to my brothers and have participated for them, but only when I could do so with a clear conscience."

"My god," I thought. They have this system that they have been enjoying for several years. I had seen no evidence of resistance or dissatisfaction from any of the women -- they were really enjoying it too. I suddenly understood why the women had called me the "lucky one" when they met me. They had been screwing Dave and knew what a great lover he was! There would have to be some long hen parties very soon.

I was beginning to appreciate their system and my moral objections to it seemed less certain. They were all consenting adults and seemed very happy with the arrangement. I liked all of the people involved so it wasn't like screwing strangers. I began to warm to the idea until Dave added one more very unusual condition.

"There is something else you should know about our arrangement, although I doubt it will ever affect you. Just as we want to share our wives and encourage equal bonding between everyone involved, we have a rule regarding children. A child fathered by one of us would be favored by that father which could lead to resentment and jealousy among the group and certainly between children. So we have come up with a way for all 5 of us to be considered the father of any children born to our wives."

My steps toward acceptance of the plan came to screeching halt. I might be able to understand the need to violate the conventions of marriage, but there can be no violation of the relationship between parent and child. But how could they do that?

"When a couple wants to have a child, the woman keeps close track of her monthly cycle so she can know which day she will be most fertile. She announces that day to the group, often on short notice. A special meeting of the men is called for that day to ensure fertilization. The woman's husband fertilizes her first, then each of the other men present does the same. That way we can never know for certain which of us is the father. So all of us feel a paternal bond with the child to help ensure the peace of the entire family. Do you see the logic of it Carol?"

I couldn't really see much because I had squeezed my eyes shut in horror at his description. I was certain that I wanted any child of mine to know exactly who their father was and love him with that unique love between parent and child. This was one condition I could not accept -- until I thought about it for a minute. The most important part of their crazy scheme was the woman and her fertility cycle. If she announced a date when she actually was not fertile, all the men would flock to impregnate her. And if she was sure to make love with only her husband on the day she actually was fertile, the paternity of the child would be assured. In other words, I could cheat.

"Yes, I understand the logic you described," I replied carefully. "I can see that following that process would make the paternity uncertain for the group. That's pretty weird, but I get it."

"Do you have any other questions Carol? I want to be sure you understand everything before you make your decision."

I'd had enough of questions for that day and told Dave I needed a day to ponder my potential future. He smiled gently, seeming to know that I would accept. That night I did make my decision to marry Dave and join this "family" of friends. After all of the anguish of making the decision, I was exhausted and slept soundly all night.

I was in a good mood at work the next day and my boss was relieved that I wasn't going crazy. That evening, Dave and I shared a small dinner at his place. He was very nervous and I was calm, having accepted my fate.

"Well Dave, I have thought a lot about the process with the group and I can now understand the reasoning. I withdraw my earlier objections and can accept this weird arrangement."

Dave beamed and said, "Carol Beechum, will you marry me?"

I beamed right back and said "I will".

The next day Dave called for a special group meeting in the evening. I'm pretty sure most of them had guessed the purpose.

"I am extremely pleased to announce that Carol has agreed to marry me and join our extended family."

They cheered and hugged me enthusiastically. I paid attention to how the men hugged me, concerned that they might start taking liberties with me right away. But they were all perfect gentlemen. The women were shrieking and starting to plan the wedding. They had loved Cecily's wedding the previous year and used that as a model. It would be a civil ceremony and fancy reception at the exclusive golf club in town.

After we set the date about two months out, the planning discussions with the women got more detailed with regular meetings at Esther's house. I noticed references to the "Welcome Ceremony" and asked what they meant by that.

"Oh Carol," Cecily Jackson said. "That's the best part for all of us. I was thrilled by my Welcome Ceremony."

"Yes, but what is it?"

Rosemary picked up the description. "That is where the eight of us welcome you into the family. It's after the reception when all of the guests have left. We drive up to the cabin and all dress in luxurious robes. We'll have a special one made for you. We gather in the big room and then Dave walks in with you on his arm. Then he announces that he wants to share you with the rest of the family and we all cheer. Then you and Dave consummate your marriage and we all approach you and you greet each couple individually and we get better acquainted.

"Uh oh," I thought. This is starting to sound kinky. I'm a private person and am very modest with my body. I don't intend to let other people, even close friends, watch me get naked and screw Dave.

Rosemary added. "When you're all done, we all retire to our individual bedrooms and you can guess what happens then. What do you think Carol?"

I struggled to come up with something that would express my concerns while still seeming polite. I failed at that and just forced a smile onto my face. They all cheered and came around and hugged and kissed me. Two of them slipped me a little tongue in their kiss and another came from behind, kissed my neck and fondled my boobs. I realized there was even more to this group than had been revealed so far.

Plans for the wedding moved quickly since I had four full-time helpers to do everything. I invited my few family members, a couple of people from work and some friends from my life before Dave. The ballroom at the golf club was amazing and Carson Logistics paid for all of the decorations, food, drinks and staff. They setup a beautiful outdoor gazebo for the marriage ceremony. This was going to be a far grander wedding than I had ever dreamed of -- and I had had some grand dreams.

Dave and I grew more excited by the day. I started to express my concerns about the Welcome Ceremony, but Dave assured me it would be a beautiful and meaningful ceremony where I would be welcomed as a full member of the Carson Logistics family. Of course, I was still a little unclear what a "full member" entailed. I knew it would involve sex with the other men - I had resolved myself to accept that. But there was still some concern about the details.

Dave took off work the day before the wedding and we did a final walk-through of the agenda for the marriage ceremony and the reception with our bridesmaids and ushers (four of each of course). Nobody mentioned the Welcome Ceremony. We enjoyed a nice rehearsal dinner at a fine restaurant and then Dave and I left the group. Instead of going home, he took me to the best hotel in town and we enjoyed their finest suite on the top floor. We made slow, tender love and fell asleep staring into each other's eyes. I had very pleasant dreams that night.

I had been married once before, so I wasn't really nervous about the vows and the dancing and the carousing with friends. There was just one undefined anxiety in the back of my mind which I couldn't really identify. The ladies helped me get dressed at Esther's house and we took a limo to the golf club at 2:00.

Dave was waiting for me at the "altar" with a very happy grin across his face. He had been the last to find a true love in his life and was now ready to say the words and join his friends in the halls of married bliss. I was so happy to make him so happy.

We said our vows, promising to love each other forever, always provide support, help each other to grow and "be faithful" to one another. We both knew that the definition of faithful had different meanings to different people. We hugged each other for a long time, feeling the special closeness of a married couple. 'My cup runneth over' as they say.

The reception was classy, but still had its share of loud mouths, drunks, silly dancing and flower throwing. I danced first with Dave and then with every other man in the room. The four buddies were very polite and while we danced they told me how happy they were that Dave had found me. They all mentioned that the family was now complete for the first time because of me. They each looked forward to getting to know me even better. I understood their meaning.

As the last guests were leaving, Dave and I retired to the dressing room provided by the club and stretched out on the couch. I raised my feet and took off my shoes. I had burned all of my energy and needed a short rest to recharge myself for the coming ceremony. Dave was also tired, but I could tell that he was still excited about the coming ritual at the cabin. We had budgeted 30 minutes to rest and I slept through all of that and more.

Dave gently woke me and helped me to my feet. I said "Hello husband" and he smiled and kissed me. "Hello my beautiful wife". The other four couples had already left for the cabin so Dave and I followed in our car. My anxiety about the Welcome Ceremony now came to the fore and I asked Dave what was planned. He thought for a minute before starting to answer.

"As I said before, this is the time when you are formally welcomed into the family. From this day on, the special relationships among us five guys and the other four women are extended to include you. They are all very happy that I selected you. They love you almost as much as I do. They want to express that love clearly and enthusiastically so you will feel at home with us right from the start."

"But what am I supposed to do", I asked.

"Well, I hope you will return their love and physical affections and show them that you are happy to be part of our shared lives together. I know you will do the right things and I will be very proud of you."

That didn't clarify much for me, but I decided I wouldn't worry about doing the right thing if Dave wasn't worried about it. I dozed for the rest of the ride to the lake.

The excited group greeted us at the door with lots of very affectionate hugs and kisses. Then they went to their respective bedrooms and Dave and I went to ours. We helped each other remove our formal wedding outfits and underwear and then hugged and kissed for a while. We quickly showered together and then dried each other's body with caresses and long strokes with luxurious towels. Being naked with Dave made me very anxious to get this ceremony done so we could have our wedding night to ourselves.

Dave then pointed to the lovely robes spread out for us on the bed. Both were white, but his had a high collar and long sleeves. Mine was a beautiful flowing robe of a silken fabric that felt wonderful on my skin. It had odd shaped shoulders, but no arms. Dave indicated that I would wear it on my shoulders only. Both sides wrapped gracefully across my front and the outer layer attached with a small hook on the side. No underwear was provided for either of us which didn't surprise me after my talks with the girls.

The chime in the main room sounded quietly. "Are you ready?" Dave asked.

I nodded and we started toward the door. Dave held out his arm and I hooked my hand on his forearm. He opened the door and we walked majestically into the center of the big room. The other four couples, also dressed in luxurious robes, were spaced around the big room and cheered us as we entered. I felt very proud as I marched in on the arm of this handsome man. I was proud of him and proud of myself for marrying such a prize.

We got to the center of the room and both bowed to our applauding fans. I felt the robe open a bit at the top and pulled it back while I straightened back up. I looked around at the group and, for the first time, noticed the very elegant king size bed with a massive headboard next to us. It seemed to be covered with a satin sheet, but no blankets or duvet. "What the..."

Dave raised his hands to quiet the applause and they all stopped and listened to him.

"Ladies and gentlemen I am very proud to introduce my beautiful wife Carol."

More applause and I blushed and smiled at each couple in turn.

Michael continued, "And I am very pleased to share my beautiful wife with all of you."

The pieces in my head suddenly came together. The word "share" had a special meaning with Michael and the others. Michael stepped just behind me, unhooked the closure on my robe and pulled the robe back and off of me. I stood naked before all! The crowd screamed and shouted their approval. Instinctively, I started to cover myself with my hands but resisted and moved my arms to my sides. Michael was showing me off and I wanted to please him, no matter how uncomfortable I felt.

"But, before I share her with you, I must claim my own droit de seigneur as the husband and make love with her as a married couple."

Michael dropped his own robe, took my hand and started to walk toward the bed. I froze and pulled my hand from his. I'm sure my mouth was hanging open. Standing naked in public was horrible, but, having sex in front of the others was inconceivable! I knew that I had agreed to have regular sex with the other men -- but on our wedding night!? The crowd went silent and Dave walked back to me.

"Carol, I've told you that we share everything among the group, including sex. In the car you agreed to return their affections tonight -- and mine. This is a very important moment for all of us. Please come and make love with me now."

I couldn't put my objections into a coherent sentence. I stuttered for a second. I felt ashamed and realized I was embarrassing him at the most important moment in his life. I hesitated and then followed him to the bed and the crowd murmured their approval. From that point on I had to ignore all of my internal conflicts and anxieties and simply do what Dave and the family wanted. I tried to turn my mind off and just follow directions.