All Comments on 'Banished Pt. 13'

by Kousakacomplex

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Holy shit what an amazing chapter!

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenalmost 4 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for your writing. Thank you for your world. It may be a harsh and bewildering place, but its rules make more sense than our own do. Or at least so it seems to me, some days.

Such a wonderful chapter. So, Very, many things happened. Things that matter and will shape the future of what his city, his Pantheon, will be. Part of me thinks that a reason Casey was still hypnotized was because of how focused she was on it. In this world, with their abilities, one's will can become reality. Perhaps free of its influence, she can be more honest with herself, and with Nathan. Maybe he's right, and its best for them if they don't. Maybe she'll be able to accept and embrace that part of his life and join it, but for now, some space and time seem like good choices.

So many other great, small little moments. Ones to bring a smile to your face. ~And many others to crease one's brow in sympathy. Nathan's group is just full of broken people, isn't it? Though, maybe broken is the wrong word for it. Weathered. People that have been through a storm of one kind or another. I suppose those are both the kind of people that would be easier to "disappear" but also those more suited to dealing with their world shattering and having to pick up the pieces and keep moving. Doubly ideal candidates.

Just noticed a tag on this story that made me smile when I was writing this small badge of gratitude: long series. Thank you again. Be well, and know you've a dedicated reader awaiting your finished product. Take all the time it needs. No rush. ^.^ Though more or faster if the mood and muse strike you would also be wonderful. But I'm here for your actual writing. So take all the time and care you choose.

"Frazika won't train!" ~a young yet determined little soldier.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Yet again another amazing chapter!!

Thanks for updating this story so often - you've actually got me hooked! I do however have one small question I was hoping you could point in the right direction for.

Near the start of the chapter, Cameron said "Maybe he (Nolan) had more feelings for me than he realized. Maybe he thought he'd have more time on earth with me to say that". This tells us Cameron and Nolan knew eachother back on Earth, yet Nate doesn't seem shocked in the slightest. I'm guessing this is because you've mentioned it before, with me somehow forgetting about it, so if that is the case, could you maybe remind me where it was previously discussed?

Thanks again and please keep up the great work!

dwoelfledwoelflealmost 4 years ago
Your writing is wonderful

Really enjoyed this chapter. Look forward to more and Trapped in a Game.

Ynottony72Ynottony72almost 4 years ago

Damn, now comes the torturous wait until the next chapter..... luckily your writing are worth the wait. Love your work. Keep writing please

KousakacomplexKousakacomplexalmost 4 years agoAuthor
re: Nolan and Cameron

I know that Nate expressed his suspicion that the three (Nolan, Jordan and Cameron) had known each other previously back in chapter one, but I could have sworn there was a conversation where Cameron and Nate discuss it in detail somewhere between chapters 3 and 4. Now I'm not sure if I imagined that, or if it got edited out somewhere along the way (although I did only skim, its too much to read through atm in detail :S)

Basically, Cameron and Nolan shared an apartment back on earth, and she posed as his girlfriend from time to time for Nolan's family. Nate would have been aware of this by this chapter, but I'm not sure if I'm just forgetting where that conversation happened, or if I made an error. :S

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Amazing

Such an emotional chapter, I actually kinda shed a few tears when he said his mom's name. The whole situation with Leanna is pretty heartbreaking. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Another great chapter. It was good in the beginning, but as I kept reading it just got better. As the previous commenter has said, now begins the torturous wait for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Finally a Leanna chapter

1st Lucia is great "Naytan! Frazika wont train." That was hilarious, as was, the running gag of various people noticing the baby aufhocker. Which would only have been better if Casey had noticed & commented on it in the middle of their "discussion."

Leanna finally gets fleshed out, seriously, i was beginning to think she was just a throw away character considering how little she's mentioned prior to now. And since this story is written from Nate's pov, it was great that he quickly picked up on that, Leanna has been ignored. Also, can i note that Leanna must have extremely high endurance & fortitude. It has been, what 3-4 days since the events with Emily & she has not eaten or drank since then & hasn't passed out, that is next level. But as a personal note, i grew up with a relative who suffered from schizophrenia and as i read this chapter, i could hear her paniced voice full of dread begging to flee the house in the middle of night & being completely unconsoleable. And the vicious cycle that would happen as she would take her medicine, get better, then feel she was cured stop taking her medicine & fall back into dementia. I feel terribly for Leanna because this is the absolute worst place for her b/c the threats are real & constant.

Also glad Nate did something about Casey. Her jealousy was becoming destructive & devicive. Maybe she can start thinking with a clear head now.

And i will add, that i totally am rejecting Nate's "psychopath" status. If he is a psycho based soley on that test score, then that is BS. He has shown incredibly vast amounts of empathy, which should be impossible for a psychopath, yet it comes almost as easy to him as swimming does to a fish.

Finally, i asked previously if Nate's dad was the director. I was clued in by Julie's almost manic attempt to prevent Nate from leaving, like she knew exactly what was up. Added to that Casey's comment about his family selling him out & the fact that Nate's dad kept sending him places he was unqualifed for (such as going to Germany without knowing German) it seemed Nate had been groomed for exactly this. And it seemed based on all of that prior info then, that Nate's "spawning" at Saker wasn't random but intentional because he was meant to come in contact with the Kobalt. And now after this chapter it seems my suspicions were correct & that everyone knew: mom, grandmom, sister & brother. The only thing i haven't puzzled out is what is the company's endgame. But i suspect it has something to do with Lilith & that thing, what did they call it, "anomoly" or something.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Additional Thoughts

I've been meaning to add this to my comments for the past 3 chapters, but keep forgetting. I believe Nate already knows Far-sight (seeing the future) only he doesn't realize it yet. I believe he learned it from Eradne, when he asked her if Gisela would be as good as her & see got a look like she was looking in the distance & said she would be even better. Also, I think he has already used when he dreamed of Eradne having Twins, only he just thinks it was a dream.

Also, Leanna turning her illness into a Skill, that is just wonderful! I feel that can help her b/c now she can turn what terrorizes her into something substantial & beneficial (with training). And since she had been unconsciously using that skill non-stop since they arrived, her core must be really strong.

Finally the baby aufhocker, Nate noted that its lines were blue instead of the darker color monsters normally have. I think this is b/c Irileth's influence is gone. Casey mention that Monsters were just perversion, or mutations of Animals, Plants, ect. so now that Irileth is no more the monsters are reverting back to their normal animal instincts. The baby aufhocker probably was spawned by Irileth; which is why it is an aufhocker, but she was not around long enough to to twist it. Seems an early indication that once Nate can cleanse this world of all these Originators, including the big bad Lilith herself, then this place will be the safe place he wants for his children. Hopefully he can make it happen.

abiostudent3abiostudent3almost 4 years ago

This might be your best-written chapter yet, my god.

I hope this story doesn't end for a long, long time. You have a way of making the reader sympathize with your characters to the point of falling for them, and that's a rare gift.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Strange dynamic

Casey is constantly going behind his back and still keeps secrets from him about important things like abilities. I just can't accept that he is fine with how she is acting while supposedly being his "advisor". She can't seriously be his advisor while actively working against him.

nandinisexynandinisexyover 3 years ago
Nate's injuries

This is a great series and I dont want to criticize or anything.

I love to read this series. And I have read it twice and listened it once via some text to speech app.

Maybe I missed or something, there is no mention of post battle injuries effect of Nate although while in battle he describes them, the only I noticed is the radiation symptoms from feedback.

The other concern is that If the weapon are this much lethal then in the chapters when Nate fights Raul, he describes injuries while in bettle, that would have leave him too much injured. But he was perfectly okey after the battle even it may have cost him any limb or other part. Similarly for armoured kobalt I cant recall her name, when Bianka stabbed her lag, she must have to remove it carefully unless she want her leg to tera in two pieces.

what is the status of the attacks from the monsters

KousakacomplexKousakacomplexover 3 years agoAuthor

@nandinsexy.

I don't think there are any post-battle injuries that I've not dealt with. I mean, in chapter 12 after Nate's ribs were broken, he was treated by Astrid who healed the injury using an artifact combined with the feedback that the princess had accumulated from using her hypnotic suggestion. And back in chapter 3, in the fight with Raul, the only injury to Nate was described as 'I winced as the blade grazed my shoulder'; so not exactly the kind of injury that would have cost him a limb or left him too injured to fight. I'm not sure if there were any other injuries that he suffered along the way.

As for the armored Kobalt (Jacinda); she was seriously injured and eventually killed in that fight, and in any case I'm not sure a dagger might have torn her leg into two pieces, given that the only additional lethality of the weapons comes from them being exceptionally sharp/being able to cut through almost anything.

And the others who were wounded in the fights with the monsters; Myrinne is as of the most recent chapter still fighting for her life, while Jeannie recovers from her own injury sometime between this chapter and chapter 14. Zizek, a Kobalt who was wounded in the fight in chapter 11 also succumbs to his injuries in this chapter.

I hope this clarifies your concern.

Kousaka~

Son_of_BattlesSon_of_Battlesover 3 years ago

Talk about a tense chapter! What a ride. Not a lot of action, but holy hell, that was that intense. And a baby aufhocker! How adorable! Leanne just bumped up a few places in likable characters. Nolan is fighting for last place with molly. Even bellow Vanessa. Great chapter!

S_o_B

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I think I love this chapter the most, for all its emotions

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKousakacomplex@Kousakacomplex
Kousakacomplex here! My writing is all about romance, and as my name implies (if you're familiar with it) the brother sister love stories are (mostly) where it's at for me. I'm an amateur writer, having written a couple of light novels already, but recently my life has brought...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Banished Pt. 12 Previous Part
Banished Series Info