Banquet of Chestnuts

Story Info
Halloween feast and orgy 500 years ago.
11.9k words
4.52
12.8k
16
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~~~~~~

Intro

Yours truly has emerged triumphant from a thorough search inside the dusty, deepest recesses of the Vatican Secret Archives. I hope and believe you will agree it was worth it.

Several days did I spend, poring over faded texts in Latin, peppered with informal phrases and notes in old Central Italian. I was buzzing, white-gloved hands shaking with excitement, when I finally held several slim volumes bound in calves' leather. I caressed the long-lost diaries of the infamous siblings Cesare and Lucrezia Borgia. With my phone, I covertly photographed all the contents, cover to cover. Finally, my footsteps echoed on the stone floor as I strode to the exit.

Later, at the hotel, I straightened, cropped and enhanced the images. With help from advanced AI translation tools, I parsed them into English text. Then, I edited the deciphered contents into chronological order.

Here is the result, the full story of the Banquet of Chestnuts, a Halloween feast and orgy of such scandal it has echoed down the centuries. For the telling of this true event, what is a better time than Literotica's Halloween 2023 competition, 522 years later?

Please consider reading. If you read, please consider rating. If you rate, maybe you will comment. Then, you too, will be a part of this lascivious history. XXX

~~~~~~

Planning and Preparations

It is late summer, September, 1501, in the Papal Palace at the Vatican, Rome. Lucrezia Borgia, daughter of the Pope, swishes through the Apostolic Palace, headquarters of the Roman Catholic Church. She is looking for her handsome, dashing brother, Cesare. He is staying at the palace, with the family, in between his military conquests.

She knows a rumor that he is planning an event which will scandalize the court. Incredibly, he is planning to host a massive orgy, within the Papal Palace!

Finally, she spies him in the rear courtyard, enjoying sword practice with a few nobleman friends. Alfredo sees her first, admiring the vision approaching.

"Ho. Cesare, someone wants to talk to you."

The group parts as she strides towards them, gliding to a stop. Her shy brunette hand-maiden is in tow. All are checking Lucrezia out. Her tall, graceful figure in flowing white silk, decorated in gold thread, is breathtaking. She has pretty features, yellowy-green eyes, pearly teeth between delicate red pencil lips. Her waist length hair is golden, falling in a dancing cascade of ringlets and curls, right down to her waist. Lucrezia simply oozes allure and charisma, outshining all other women in the Vatican, maybe even the whole of Rome.

"Dearest brother. Grant me a moment. In confidence."

He finger-waves his friends off to a distance, ensuring they are out of earshot, then faces his beautiful sister. Impossible to ignore are her firm, generous breasts, held by a fine corset.

"What am I hearing of your plans for a public orgy?"

"Ah. I have been wanting to talk to you about it. Not a public orgy, invitation only. I need your help to organize it. In fact, dearest sister, I beg you to manage the arrangements. No one could do it better. Even if you weren't the Papal Secretary."

"Father will be furious and you want me to be your shield?"

"No. Of course not. I confided in him first, before telling any other. He understands his son works hard, conquering the scum of rebellious nobles, near and far. Therefore, I must play hard too. Father will make no attempt to interrupt my activities of this lascivious nature. He simply asks to know the name of the victor so he can present the fellow with a prize of finest silk. He is very much a connoisseur of male stamina."

"Victor?" Lucrezia is openmouthed with surprise.

"Yes. This is my idea. We are to have a banquet with twelve men and twelve women, all wearing costumes in the theme of All Hallows Eve. Hence, it is to be held on the evening of 31st October, a month from now. During the banquet, we have erotic dancing to warm everyone up. Afterwards, servants clear the table, and the room is prepared for sexual recreation." Seeing Lucrezia's undivided attention, he continues. "There are two prizes. A small bag of gold coin for the man who achieves the most fucking with the most women, and another bag for the man who ejaculates the most times."

Lucrezia's mind was such a jumble of thoughts, questions failed her. Cesare pressed on. "It is the latter victor, who I believe father will choose to honor. We will need scrutineers to observe the proceedings to record an accurate tally. I am sure there are many details, but that is what I am thinking."

"Oh. It sounds so exciting. I like it. I like your idea!" it surprises Lucrezia to feel a tingle of extra heat in her pussy, just at the thought of so much fucking. "But."

"But?"

"Yes. But are you intending to be one of the twelve?"

"Ah. No. I will make it thirteen at the banquet, and I hope you will join me as my partner to make the thirteenth couple. We shall merely observe the orgy. I confess, my dear, there is only one woman in this entire world who truly captivates me. So, I ask whether, after we award the prizes, we may reconvene in private, the two of us? I am sure we will be, shall we say, very warmed up for our own pleasures!"

Lucrezia smiles and so wants to take his hand and squeeze it. She wants to hug him, to throw her arms around him, to kiss him. But, no, no, no! Many eyes in the Palace will see any show of affection. She can't imagine how many eyes are on them right now as they have their impromptu discussion in the courtyard. Rumors of their excessive affection are too strong already. Tongues already wag about theories of inappropriate liaison and about a mysterious Roman Infant. Their shared denial of affection in public is a wreath of thorns both must wear. In fact, the pain is already so much worse for both of them.

Cesare takes a glance at little Nencia, Lucrezia's faithful handmaiden. She hears everything, but says nothing. Lucrezia has absolute trust in her, so Cesare assumes the same.

"I accept." She tells him. "Be aware, I may propose changes."

"Magnificent! And yes, of course. I have no doubt that your thoughts on what is best will enhance it.

"What is this event to be called?" she enquired.

"I don't yet have a name in mind," he says, "but perhaps you can think of one?"

The siblings bid farewell and part. They have many affairs of state to attend to, as their family is one of the most powerful throughout the Italian city states. They are children of Rodrigo Borgia. He is a thoughtful and devout Christian with an encyclopedic knowledge of Biblical texts. The Cardinals elected him to the papacy in summer 1492, as Pope Alessandro VI. Perhaps his biggest weakness is his fondness for women. His favorite mistress is Vannozza Cattanei, mother of Cesare, Lucrezia and two more sons. Cesare is 26, four and a half years older than his sister, still 21.

Alessandro VI also has a darker side as an accomplished political schemer. Lucrezia is the one who has suffered most from this. Sadly, she grew up as a pawn in her father's desire to forge alliances. Cesare suffered as well. He loved his sister more than any other woman and was heartbroken each time they forced her into an arranged marriage. He couldn't help feeling inwardly gratified when they fell out of political favor. Her first husband had to be divorced in 1497 on grounds of his impotence. Although never proven, it was apparent that their father ordered the murder of the second husband.. She was upset for months after that. Seeing her in pain hurt him, too.

Lucrezia has a fortified mansion at her lovely rural town of Nepi in Latium, deep in the Etruscan Hills. It is a two-day journey northward from Rome, by cart or horseback. Her father gave her the entire town as a gift! She finds it a haven from the madness of church and secular politics at the Vatican. It made the perfect retreat for solace when mourning the death of her second husband.

Upon her return to Rome in November 1500, she took over as Papal Secretary. Once more, she rekindled her secret love affair with her brother Cesare, finding herself happily embraced in his strong arms. During their father's frequent absences, Lucrezia runs the Papal Palace. On her father's behalf, she recently chaired a Council of the Cardinals sitting on the Papal throne. She most enjoyed the experience of cardinals pledging their allegiance by kissing her feet.

It is a week after their courtyard meeting. Cesare and Lucrezia meet privately at his apartments in the palace to discuss further details of their Halloween event. First, Cesare speaks of what is uppermost in his mind. "Have you any news about our son?"

"I saw him a few days ago, and he is healthy. Every time I see him, he reminds me more of you." Tears are in her eyes once more, thinking of little Giovanni, exiled at Nepi. They named him after their eldest brother. Their three-year-old is being cared for by trusted servants.

He takes her hand and looks into her eyes. "Our family being shattered breaks my heart. You and I should be together with our son, raising him under the same roof, as a loving family. We have all this power, but it isn't power enough. The world is too cruel to us. Alas."

They embrace. "I love you so much." He tells her.

"I love you too. One day, all will be better."

"Maybe in Paradiso," he offers weak hope.

"Maybe in Paradiso." she repeats "Hopefully sooner than that."

After they have gathered themselves, taken a moment to drink and sit back in their chairs, they are ready to discuss the Halloween event.

"It is to be called the Banquet of Chestnuts," Lucrezia announces. Unknown to her, this choice of name will live in infamy, written about decades and centuries later. Various writers will come to memorialize their scandalous banquet and orgy at the Vatican, on the evening of 31st October, 1501.

"Chestnuts?" he questions.

"Yes. This is the fun. Once we clear the banquet, everyone must disrobe. Well, except us and the scrutineers. Everyone in the orgy must disrobe. Completely. Then, we must pace the event, for a couple of hours at least, surely? As we want to tally the fucking and ejaculations. To do this, we will hold a bag of chestnuts. When we see an unused erection, we throw a chestnut onto the floor. As a woman bends to pick it up, her pussy is ripe for plucking by the horny male. Am I correct?"

Cesare's face breaks into a grin at the thought of this. "So, there can only be one fucking per chestnut. They will be like puppets at our command, fucking at the rate we desire, so the scrutineers can do their work and tally accurately. My little sister is a genius!"

"There is more. We should have a prize for the women. The woman who collects the most chestnuts wins a small bag of gold coin, like those of the men. After a couple of hours, we call for a pause and the scrutineers announce the winners. The orgy may continue through the night until everyone is too exhausted to fuck anymore.

Also, I want everyone to be clean. I can't abide dirty, smelly people with dust and shit from the street on them. All the men and women must bathe properly first," she explains.

"Agreed." Cesare replies.

"Also, we need our physician to inspect them all. I don't want any sickness to spread from the orgy. Our palace physicians must inspect the guests to ensure no syphilis, boils, unhealed wounds, or any other affliction is present on their bodies. This brings me to the question of who are the guests?"

Cesare raises an eyebrow. "Well. There are several noblemen who have expressed interest. I suspect a few of the ladies of the court will want this experience, but we may have to supplement them with prostitutes. I agree with the physical checks. Everyone must be clean of dirt and disease. This will be a high-class event!"

Now he is thoughtful and continues, "For a high-class event we want beauty and stamina. In which case I can think of an appropriate yardstick. Everyone must be our own age, say 21 to 26. That will be it."

"Agreed." Smiles Lucrezia, happy about how the details are coming together. "People should wear a costume to the banquet, for fun and humor. Masks. What do you think?"

He explained, "I like the idea of costumes," mentioning that masks can be problematic for eating and that it makes less sense to put them on when everyone has already seen each other, unless only the eyes are covered.

"Yes, exactly. Well, dear brother. Now I need to give instructions to the kitchen. A month's notice is sufficient, as they must be ready to prepare a glorious banquet for 26. I am so looking forward to this night of pleasure!"

~~~~~~

Banquet of Chestnuts

It is late afternoon on the last day of October, 1501. Guest are arriving, prepared for the evening with costumes packed. The men bathe and dress up in Cesare's apartment, while the women do the same at Lucrezia's apartment.

Soon, the sun is setting and vespers are beginning. Most will take part in evening prayers, but they can't delay. Time after that is short and they must congregate at Cesare's apartment.

In half an hour, twilight will end, and the clock will strike for the Banquet of Chestnuts to begin. Cesare is one of the wealthy privileged enough to own a foliot escapement mechanical clock. Its large, iron shape squats in the hall of his apartment, striking the hours.

The Papal States started the tradition of beginning each new day at twilight. It was in order to make it coincide with the important prayer of Ave Maria during vespers. However, the ancient power of All Hallows' Eve does not bend to modern contrivances which deem a new day to begin at the fading of twilight. Definitely not.

Such ancient power, which opens the portals between the worlds of the living and dead, predates Rome itself. This power gains in strength throughout the evening, climaxes at midnight, then slowly waning until fading away at dawn. Halloween is this very night!

Many servants are scurrying in various directions, anticipating the DONG of the clock. It will resonate through Cesare's apartments at 6 pm. Guests are already in their costumes, waiting in the antechamber.

Lucrezia stands in the middle of the stately reception room, tirelessly giving out orders to servant and maiden alike. "Drinks for the antechamber!" she orders. "Bring enough furs for the floor!" When they lay the furs over the carpet, Lucrezia continues. "Check the yellow ribbon is in a large circle, right around all the furs. Ensure you pin it down and loop it around furniture legs to hold it in place."

Cesare is equally busy instructing the waiters laying out the feasting table. He and Lucrezia will occupy the ends, while they seat the twelve men and twelve women facing each other on the sides. He rounds up the musicians and tells them where they will play their tunes. Finally, he marshals the dancing girls and instructs them on how he will clap for them to begin and end their routines.

All is ready, when DONG, the hour to begin the banquet has arrived.

Lucrezia opens a side-door and enters the antechamber, where all their guests have arrived and are waiting patiently. Their buzz of conversation ceases as they behold her presence. What a presence! Twenty-four mouths fall open in stunned surprise at the vision before them.

Dressed as an angel, Lucrezia is amazing. All in white, with wings of swan feathers on either side of her golden curly hair. But it is her dress, which is beyond scandalous. It is so short; its hem is at least a hands-length above her knees! Ankle length is universal. What whore could have made such a dress? Any woman would be mad to wear a dress like that outside, in the street. The public would swiftly drag her to the stocks for punishment, pelted with rotten fruit, offal, and any other waste nearby.

That is not all. She has short white lace stockings and white boots, leaving plenty of leg visible. Around her neck is a stout leather choker covered in white velvet, with a silver chain snaking down between her bosom. Her arms are bare, except for golden bracelets. She is beautiful and totally outrageous. Men and women alike feel their breath catch in their throats, feeling a warmth of jealousy, envy, forbidden attraction. No, it is raw desire entering their souls. How can such a woman even exist, let alone be here?

"Come." she said, beckoning her hand. "Dinner is about to be served." Then she turns, disappearing into the much larger reception room, towards her own chair at the end of a dining table.

Twisting flames shine in a hearth on the far side of a long wooden table set for all of them. The table is near the edge of the room. Two great candelabra adorn the center of the table. A sea of furs surrounded by a large circle in yellow ribbon takes most of the space up. Some furniture is outside the circle, including two great chairs on a low platform. They are of high art, ornate in the finest padding and silks.

Standing by the table is another angel, or more accurately, an archangel. It is their co-host, Cesare, fabulously dressed in white, also with large feather wings, and a skirt just like his sister's. However, he wears silk tights covering his legs, and a finely wrought, golden breastplate. His bracelets are thick, gold and jeweled.

The Bible only names three archangels: Michael, Gabriel and Lucifer, though four more are long consigned to Apocrypha. As far as Cesare is concerned, why not name another archangel Cesare? Standing now, as an archangel, together with his sister, the siblings look and feel magnificent. They steal the show. Now they command it.

"Dear guests" boomed Cesare, "Please take your seats. Gentlemen this side." He gestures to his right towards the hearth "Ladies this side". Their chairs are backwards to the fur-lined floor.

Most of the guests do not know each other. However, some days earlier, Sylvio happily discovered that his cousin is also invited for tonight's event. Alessandra is a pretty blond-haired girl and being so close in age, they always got on well. Walking together to the table, Sylvio whispers in her ear, "Our hosts are such beautiful siblings indeed. You know, dear cousin; I confess I am so looking forward to ravishing them tonight."

"Both?" she half-panted the word, looking into his eyes.

"Yes. Both. My groin is already warm with thoughts of taking them from behind. I want them to feel their back passages full of my stiff cock."

Alessandra tingled at his words. "Ooh, yes, I know what you mean. I would like to do it with you. I would like to be on my knees sucking and licking while you make them wriggle and scream. We do one, then we do the other."

Sylvio wrapped his arm around his cousin, savoring the scent of her perfume. "You are full of delightful surprises. Yes, that is what must happen tonight." But their debauched musings are now ended, as they separate to sit opposite each other for the banquet.

Once all guests are seated, Cesare and Lucrezia position themselves at the opposite ends of the table, taking their own seats. Before the first course, Lucrezia taps her glass with a spoon to get silence, then speaks words of grace. Finally, she reminds their guests the garderobe is down the nearby curtained side-hall. This is to be a clean event. The waiters are serving wine and beer.

The banquet is a riot of colorful costumes, varied and imaginative. One man dresses up as a jackal, wearing a realistic jackal-head, although he spoils the effect when he takes it off to eat. Several women have dressed as fairies, or as nymphs of Roman legend. Another is like Artemis, the huntress, with quiver and arrows. Witch costumes are conspicuously absent, as any complaint of such conduct can bring a death sentence. Another man had himself painted like a skeleton, risque enough to attend the banquet shirtless, while another is a Roman army centurion.