Bare Naked Ads (A Nude Day Story)

Story Info
A couple of advertising execs find new ways to market.
11.2k words
4.6
16.8k
14
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PMDlite
PMDlite
190 Followers

Thanks for checking out my Nude Day story (1 of 2!) None of the characters are based on real people. All right reserved. Yadda, yadda, yadda. A vote or a comment (Ideally both...) would be appreciated. Enjoy!

Bare Naked Ads (A Nude Day story)

I asked Joan if she had gotten the latest epistle from our management 'team'. The term team implied we had some partnership or say in what was said which was not always the case. I always felt it was more like "You can have your say as long as it agrees with what I have said." Of course, it wasn't too bad compared to other dictatorships. The public pillories and stocks had been put away and there was coffee. In the pay vending machines.

"Indeed I did! A call for creative advertising venues and the need for new clients. I kind of wondered if that meant our current clients were on to the fact that we were recycling old ideas in new coverings." She and I usually had the same interpretation of corporate speak. We even played 'cliche bingo' during some of the teleconference calls we had endured during the pandemic.

I chuckled. "Yes, that and an influx of new money is needed to show our investors we make money. But, you know, I actually had a couple of thoughts. I'd like to run them past you. Maybe over drinks after work? Fewer ears around, not that I'm worried about any coworkers stealing an idea..." I shifted my eyes back and forth as I peered over the cubicle wall that separated our two desks. I figured I kind of looked like Kilroy from the old "Kilroy was Here" graffiti.

"Sounds good. Meet you at the Speakeasy about 5:30? I need to pick something up at the store not far from there." She turned and went back to her screen and I slithered down my wall into my cubicle.

I had wrapped up my most recent project and really didn't feel like starting a new one this close to the end of the day, so I was clearing our mail and browsing a couple of news feeds. Not real news feeds, more like 'News of the Weird' and 'Offbeat stories'. Usually good for a chuckle, but sometimes the germ of an idea. That's what triggered my idea for new clients in a new venue, one that had been untapped.

-0-

I went straight to the bar after work and got a table. It wasn't a particularly noisy bar, but enough background noise to feel sociable. Especially if there was a ballgame on, and there was. Someone was beating the Mets, so there were some groans and general agreement that they sucked.

Joan joined me as I had ordered a second gin and tonic which gave me a bit of the courage to lay out my off the wall idea. I got up from my chair and greeted my coworker as she came over. "Hi Joan - glad you made it. I figured you wanted your usual, so I ordered. One white wine and a glass of water."

"Thanks! I appreciate this! So... you have an idea to run up the flagpole and see who salutes? This ought to be good! I'm all ears, your ideas always give me a chuckle and then a pause. Whatcha got?" She sat in the chair next to me. She wore a cute flowered top that had just enough of a low cut neckline that I could see that she did, despite rumors to the contrary, have breasts!

"What would you say to getting naked with me? For the sake of an advertising campaign, that is. Not an off color offer, strictly business." I waited for the reaction.

"Wait...what? I think I might need more than this glass of wine to consider this proposition." She took a deep sip on her Pinot Grigio. "Not quite sure how being naked with you advances an ad campaign, but go on. I offered to listen to your pitch." She had the 'what's the punchline' look that meant I had her attention.

"Here's the idea. I saw a piece that on July 14, the world celebrates 'Nude Day'. It is an international event that has been going on for a number of years, celebrates nudity, body image, the human form. Yadda, yadda, yadda." I took a sip of my gin and tonic. "So, I got to thinking and what a great spot to put an ad. On a naked expanse of skin. Imagine, if you will, an ad for, say sunscreen on a person's back."

I saw the wheels turning with Joan. We always brainstormed well together. "Or that new 'all over deodorant that has been online for 'down there care'? An ad for that right above the butt crack that it helps smell better?" She chuckled, but she got exactly what I had been thinking.

"So, what are you thinking? Line up some sponsors? Make like, temporary tattoos for the people? Pay them a few bucks or give them a sample in exchange for their wearing the tat? Any idea what kind of revenue we are talking about?"

That was what I liked about Joan, well, one of the things. She could take an abstract idea or even a blatantly silly one and make it seem justifiable by adding facts and figures that caught corporate attention and acceptance. "I just started looking into that, but consider that NBA teams get about 7 million for the patch on their sleeves and baseball started with theirs this year and have generated about 5 million for each of the teams that have it. Hell, jockeys get 250 thousand for a name on their butt, more if it is in a stakes race."

"A bit more mainstream than, what did you call it? Nude Day? But still some decent comparisons and some nice numbers to throw out. And, honestly, that event seems far less obscene than how the Mets are playing. Yikes. Tell you what, let's write some things up and present it. The memo said 'all ideas considered', right?"

"It did. They had a pretty simple process, write up a proposal and submit it into that blind drop box and it will generate a number. Then they will announce the number of the ad campaign or campaigns selected. So the process seems pretty anonymous. But just in case, if it goes well, it was your idea. If it tanks, all mine. So what do you think? You in?" I looked across at Joan. She looked back.

"Why not. I'm in. Not for the naked part, but I'm in for writing up the proposal. And somehow this idea reminds me of an old joke I heard. Just can't quite place it. Maybe it'll come to me. But it might just be worth a try - definitely might get a chuckle or two! How about another drink to seal the deal?"

-0-

Later that night at home, I went over a few numbers and wrote out a few key 'talking points'. A silly idea was actually becoming a legitimate possibility. It helped that the event had been established for a number of years, nearly 25, and attracted more and more people each year. By the time I turned in I had a fairly tight proposal on Joan and my shared folder.

"I saw what you posted on the server last night. You were busy." Joan's voice carried over the cloth wall that was supposed to provide us 'private space'. "I plan to add some things, probably this weekend. We should have something viable to turn in by Tuesday, that's well before the deadline."

"Sounds like a good plan. How about we check in with each other on Sunday? A short chat online? We can save some time and, honestly, I think we brainstorm better together. I know my juices get flowing when we chat." I hadn't considered how that sounded when it came out of my mouth.

"Ooooo, James. I never knew! We should chat more." Joan sounded very sultry.

"Creative juices, I mean creative juices, not... Well, never mind. But does that sound good to touch base on Sunday?" Hmmm. Had never thought of Joan in terms of juices flowing. I wondered, thinking a few NSFW thoughts before going back to my screenwork.

-0-

Sunday came and I had checked our shared site. Joan had added some details, I added a few details and had found some information that might make our proposal stand up. So to speak. I hit the chat button and waited.

It didn't take long before Joan answered. "Hi. Sunday already, huh? Sucks that the weekends go so fast and the week drags. Think you can do something about that?"

"Above my pay grade. But I'll work on it! Fun fact for you. Between 13 and 18 percent of people shop online nude. That means that there will be a LOT of people shopping on Nude Day. I think we can factor that in to our proposal. I also found out something that the legal department will like, Nude Day is an "orphaned" holiday, meaning it belongs to no one and everyone. We can claim it as our own!" Yes, I was getting excited. Not in that way, but, well, maybe enthused may be a better choice of wording.

"This crazy idea might work. We have more than enough to present, let's keep thinking of ways to expand and monetize this, but right now, let's get the proposal in the box." Joan was the pragmatic one. Probably why we worked so well together.

-0-

A good sized part of the proposal that we turned in centered around an entire 'Nude Day' channel online, sponsored by our company. It would be a moderated chat channel with ads in the corner along with location events in cities where nude gatherings were permitted and where 'influencers' would be paid to wear strategically placed ads to be seen in person and online. The concept had a modest cost since we already had server space and the events were already set to happen. The return was also modest, but could scale up rapidly with more clients coming on board. After reviewing it, both Joan and I were impressed. It left our shared site for the corporate drop box where it would be reviewed.

"Will you be participating in Nude Day?" Joan asked. Her voice was quiet, and I couldn't quite get if she was asking more than the simple question.

"I know at some point I will be naked that day, I find time to fit nudity into most days. But as far as joining in any organized event, I hadn't really thought about it. July is a way off, I don't know. Thinking about the ideas we put in the proposal, I guess I could. How about you?" I threw it back to her, expecting a vehement refusal.

Joan paused. "It isn't like anything I have ever done, but you know, thinking it through, it seemed like something I might consider. I need to reach out more, try something new. I'm thinking about it. Just not sure what I would do."

I was a little surprised, but also impressed. I had never seen Joan as a risk taker. I felt like I should reinforce that behavior. "Well, I could help you decide or at least talk through some of the ideas. Good for you trying something different. Would you do the online or would you want to wear an ad at one of the events? I bet we can get you a good sponsor!"

"Ha! Not ruling anything out - or in - yet. But probably would go the online route. That way if I get scared, I can just shut the computer off." She stared back at me. "Thanks for the encouragement, and not laughing."

"Well, your answer was a lot more thoughtful than mine. And here is an idea. You can say 'no', but I bet you would feel more comfortable if you practiced. It might help you decide which was you would want to go when July 14 comes around. How about a test drive. Start with an online nude chat. Ever cyber before?" I wasn't about to tell her about all my experiences online, but I did know how to turn on the webcam for some extra curricular antics. "It's not that difficult."

"Maybe not for you." Joan looked down. "I've tried...a couple of times. I just felt self conscious and, well, kind of rushed into doing more than I wanted to do. So, it hasn't been the best experience."

"I'll make sure that won't happen. But think it over. It's a standing offer." I decided to move off the topic. We talked a little more about other things, a new restaurant, the weather and then parted ways until work the next day.

-0-

The next few days were mostly uneventful, a few deadlines, some rewrites and some calls to clients to keep 'out finger on their pulse', as our CEO liked to say. I was more than a little surprised when Joan looked over the wall. "Um, about that idea we discussed? The online prep session? Think this weekend might work for you?" She looked as serious as I had ever seen her.

"I'm sure it will. Saturday? How about 8? Have a bottle of wine chilled down, and we'll go from there. Sound like a plan? And you set the pace. If you have questions, let me know. But 8 on Saturday. Deal?"

"Deal. I'll let you call." Joan slipped back below the cubicle wall.

Saturday arrived. I have to admit, I was looking forward to seeing Joan. In part it was part fantasy of a reserved woman cutting loose and a bit of 'Girls Gone Wild" with my tutelage urging her on. But I was also a bit pleased that she clearly trusted me to help her try something new. One thing was clear, I wouldn't abuse that trust.

A little before 8, I lined up a few nice cold beers by the laptop and turned it on. Dilemma. Start naked or clothed? I decided to go all in and stripped, but then back pedaled a little and put on a robe. "Okay. As ready as I'll ever be." I hit the chat button for Joan.

The computer buzzed slightly and the call was answered. Joan's head came into view. "Hi."

"Well, the hard part is done, Joan - the computer works, I see and hear you...how about me? Good feed?" I was back a bit from the camera, so more of me showed. "I wasn't sure how much to show at the start, so I opted for the robe.... Happy to remove it if you want..."

Joan laughed. Might have partly been a nervous laugh, but she moved back and her robe clad body came into view. "I guess great minds think alike." She sat back down and the screen returned to mostly her face. "Thanks. That really set me at ease. I'm going to take my robe off...you do the same." It was more permission than an order. "On three... One... Two... Three!"

I slid my robe off, watching the screen. My smaller inset picture showed my face and bare chest, Joan's screen was still full face down to her neck. "There. How's that feel, Joan? You're chatting naked with another naked person? When you feel comfortable, move back some. I really would like to see more if you are willing to share...." I kept my eyes on the screen.

"Thanks, yeah. I'm not sure what I expected to happen, but I feel pretty comfortable." She moved back slightly. I could see down to her shoulders. "I do appreciate your patience, James. I know it is like getting in a cold pool or taking off a bandage, you should just 'do it'... But I'm going at my speed. Um.....if you'd care to show a bit of yourself... I wouldn't stop you." She took a long sip of her wine.

"I told you at your own pace. Get comfortable. Sure you can handle seeing this whole package? I don't want you fainting or anything. I probably should start an Onlyfans site...right? I stalled a little, just to make sure she was not being polite and also a little humor. She'd expect that from me. If I didn't joke a little, she'd know something was wrong. "Okay, cue up the music..." I reached for a beer and started to stand up. I strategically placed the can as my crotch came into view and then turned to show her my backside.

"Mmmm...cute buns! And I think having that can is cheating. But you seem pretty comfortable. I hope I can be as nonchalant as that." I returned to my seat and the chest shot.

"In time, Joan, in time. Not much to it. Just the two of us talking, like we have done, how many times? Maybe 20? Probably more with those staff meetings. Ha! Just think - maybe Peterson wasn't wearing pants during those boring Zoom calls!"

"That seemed to immediately raise her comfort level. "Hell, I never thought of that! I know I had PJ bottoms on a couple times. Nice professional top and slacker bottoms." She was getting the hang of this.

We chatted a bit more about anything but nudity. It became like one of our regular chats. Lots of talk about nothing. A couple of times she shifted and I thought I was about to get a glimpse, but no such luck. I kept to my word, but I have to confess, it was kind of hot just knowing that while we talked, we were both naked. Hot, but different. I finished the beers that I had brought out, not really buzzed, but I did feel relaxed. I noticed that Joan had finished her glass a couple of times as well. "Joan, I need another beer, so I'm going to get up. If you don't want to peek, you can look away... But if you want to see, I'm okay with that. Just thought I would give you a 'head's up' before I mooned you."

"Thanks for the warning. And the choice." Her voice sounded neutral, no hint of either nervousness nor revulsion.

I got up and turned for the kitchen. I got a couple beers and headed back. This time I didn't have them in front, but carried them more naturally and returned to my seat.

"Okay, so where were we? Just kind of rambling on. For the Nude Day online event, see how this might work? We can have an ad in the corner, maybe even have some giveaways from sponsors. Those in addition to any body art ads that would be great for the live event, but they could also work online." I cracked open one of the beers and took a swig. "What do you think so far?"

"I'm finding it a bit more interesting than I thought I would. I appreciate you doing this, It isn't at all what I had envisioned. And with more people, it could be very entertaining. By the way, I did peek. A bit different than seeing a naked guy when, well, after... I mean just hanging with... Hold on. Let me get a grip." Joan seemed to be at a little loss for words, which was not her typical way.

"I get it, Joan. there is nudity associated with sex, and there is naturalism which is less about sex than it is about freedom. Takes some getting used to to break the bond between the two." I watched her perk up some. I hadn't really thought about her and sex, or having a partner, that was new information about my work buddy.

"That is what I was trying to get to. I kind of like it." She smiled. "It is freeing. I'm not sure how I will feel about showing more, but I'm willing to give it a try, okay? I'm going to stand up and go to the kitchen. Be right back."

I watched Joan as she rose from her chair. I got a nice view of her chest, and wondered how I had missed noticing that she had very nice curves. Not particularly large, but full of jiggle and very nice pink nipples. Her belly came into view, her navel and a dark patch of hair noted the arrival of her pubic area. She turned and showed a cute ass that bounced a bit as she walked away from the computer. I noticed she seemed fairly comfortable, not covering and not rushing, but walking naturally as if she were going off to the kitchen...which she was.

Joan returned, and it was a repeat of what she had done to leave, only in reverse. Her face once again filled my screen. "Brava, Joan. Unless you are a better actor than I thought, you seem to have developed a comfort level beyond what you had when we started. How did that feel?"

"Honestly, it felt good. I knew you were watching, but I didn't care. I mean, I cared and was aware, but it wasn't a self-conscious thing. It was a free feeling. And if I am being completely honest, a little titillating." She smiled and seemed rather pleased with the session.

"I think that is an apt description. I know I have certainly enjoyed this. I learned a bit about you - all good things. And thanks. This has been fun, but I have to get a few things done before tomorrow. Meeting a few of the guys for brunch. College friends, then we are hanging out. I'll see you Monday. But if you think of anything you have questions about, call me." I finished my beer and watched Joan.

"Yes, I have some things to catch up on as well. See you Monday!" She smiled and seemed to have a confidence that hadn't been there when we started. Then the screen went dark.

Monday arrived, and I arrived at work on time. Ish. Since we had done 'work from home' for so long, the former constraints had lost a bit. I liked being in the office, the camaraderie, for one thing was great to have back. I walked in at 9:15 and Joan was there to welcome me.

"Pick up the pace! We're already late. I stalled as best I could. We have a 'summons' to be in Jack's office. Like NOW!" Joan seemed a bit rattled. If I had any sense, I would have been, too. But I never claimed to have any sense. She grabbed my arm and off we went.

PMDlite
PMDlite
190 Followers